[FM19] Kosovo's Rise

MarcxD

Season Review 2021

post-season-season-review.png

Extremely dominant domestically, for the first time. Much more consistent than previously, and surely being able to train full-time helped out. Got started with improving facilities as well, and the future seems bright.

post-season-best-eleven.png

post-season-best-eleven-overall.png

post-season-squad.png

post-season-coefficients.png

So yeah, the 1 EL spot is going to stay.

post-season-table.png

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the only restriction is for Ukrainian and Russian teams not to play against.Anyway tie against Partizan was very difficult already. Great results until now. :applause:One question:You can get more spots in European competitions (CL, EL)  or is static like last year? 

2 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

I believe the only restriction is for Ukrainian and Russian teams not to play against.Anyway tie against Partizan was very difficult already. Great results until now. :applause:One question:You can get more spots in European competitions (CL, EL)  or is static like last year? 

So far it seems to be static, just less qualification rounds. It's a bit of a shame.

4 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

So far it seems to be static, just less qualification rounds. It's a bit of a shame.

You must report it mate. It is unfair. It makes your challenge impossible and boring.. Of course if anything change you have to start new save.. :rolleyes:

It's actually not an FM bug or something like that. I believe UEFA have an official policy that new members have to go through a provisional phase in which they only have 2 spots. After a couple of years, they can get more. I reckon that in one or two years, UEFA will increase the amount of spots for Kosovo. But as they haven't in real life, FM hasn't increased the spots either.

16 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

You must report it mate. It is unfair. It makes your challenge impossible and boring.. Of course if anything change you have to start new save.. :rolleyes:

I will go on with this, nevermind that. I'll just see it as another obstacle in the challenge.

2 hours ago, Timetxu said:

It's actually not an FM bug or something like that. I believe UEFA have an official policy that new members have to go through a provisional phase in which they only have 2 spots. After a couple of years, they can get more. I reckon that in one or two years, UEFA will increase the amount of spots for Kosovo. But as they haven't in real life, FM hasn't increased the spots either.

Makes sense. It's just a shame that it can't change dynamically later on in the save. 

On 19/11/2018 at 10:49, Timetxu said:

The same issue  happened with  Gibraltar when they became Uefa member too in FM 17 (if I remember wright) and they fixed in the same '' fm'' year with an update on March of 2018. So I believe they must fix it. 

July 2021

july-transfers.png

A variety of new arrivals. Only signed one player (for money) from another Kosovar club, although I could easily raid them now that I have money and become the local Bayern. Trying to stay away from that path.

july.png

We have had a good start, relatively easily dealt with the Moldovan and definitely the Icelandic Faroe champions. 

july-draw.png

The next round should be much, much tougher though, I don't see it happening.

August 2021

august-signing.png

Signed another Serbian defender as rotational option.

august-pre-season-prediction.png

Predicted to win the title for the first time...

august.png

But we didn't show that this month, embarrassing performances in Europe and not great domestically either. Very disappointing, especially as I thought we could beat Rosenborg at home.

august-league-table.png

September 2021

september-sale.png

One sale, back-up defensive midfielder left to return to his native Albania.

september-upgrades.png

Two more upgrades approved...

september.png

Could've used this form last month. I'll take it, though!

september-league-table.png

Remarkable start from Prishtina, and already a 7+ point lead on the rest.

On 21/11/2018 at 12:54, Sheriff7 said:

Very good try in Europe this summer. Soon you are going to be CL or EL group stage tactical member.. :thup:

I had been hoping for more, but thanks! It's definitely time to make the groups soon.

February 2022

(no games or transfer business in December and January...)

february.png

We did well and somehow Fejzullahu scored twice... he's really not great at all but the best u-19 player at the club and as we're forced to always play one of those...

february-league-table.png

March 2022 + Youth Intake

march.png

Very strong performance again, perfect month!

march-league-table.png

Will grab the title next month.

march-youth-intake.png

Forgot to take a screenshot when the intake happened but as you can see there is our first real big talent!!

march-yp4a.png

Loving the combination of technical attributes especially - both technique/passing and tackling/marking very strong to start out with. Will start making appearances next season, as I can't register him yet!!

April 2022

april.png

Disappointed to lose suddenly as we were nearing an unbeaten season, but we still managed to win the title! Kenan Dosti also got his debut as there's no registration for the cup - and he scored in his first match :D 

april-league-table.png

I'm just thinking back to the beginning of the season when Prishtina did so well, now they're 27 points behind...

2021/2022 Season Review

Domestic dominance and growth. Reached 20% full stadium on average so quite a ways to go!

Astonishing goalscoring performance from central defender Marinkovic, while free signing Hoxha has impressed.

A few players nearing the 150 mark, but Prekopuca has sadly barely developed from his high starting point and since he now longer counts as an u-19 player his playing time will likely only decrease from now on.

post-season-squad.png

Will be looking to revamp the squad slightly next summer. The money is there, but it won't be easy to attract better foreign players to our club and league.

post-season-table.png

June-July 2022

june-july-transfers.png

Three "non-foreign" and three foreign players added, Mikelanxhelo mostly because of his name tbh.

june-july.png

Maccabi was not an easy opening match-up but we did well to defeat them, Dudelange was a bit easier although by no means a walk-over.

july-CL-draw.png

But now this, again. Last year the aggregate score was 1-10 so let's try to improve on that at least.

pre-season-tv-money.png

This is a good sign of how the league has grown in reputation, the tv money has pretty much tripled since the start of this career.

August 2022

august-departures.png

By far the biggest sale so far!

august-signing.png

Replaced him with a similar player, both good defenders for the level.

august-improvements.png

Maxed out, I think!

august.png

Well, we did better than last year against the Czechs, but they were still too much for us to handle. Dundalk seemed to be easy, before we almost threw it away in the return. But we finally made it to another EL group!

august-EL-draw.png

It's going to be a rough time, let's see if we can do anything against the Croatians at least.

august-league-table.png

September 2022

september.png

Weird EL schedule thanks to the winter world cup this year, but we performed well against Schalke. Had hoped for more against Hajduk but as they beat Olympiacos twice I guess they are just better than I thought. Very good wins in the league though.

september-league-table.png

september-200-games.png

October 2022

october.png

Crazy month because of the world cup again. Perfect!!! We really dominated more than these scorelines suggest. And we got our first ever group stage victory!

october-league-table.png

october-facilities.png

More straight upgrades approved.

34 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Can't say I'm very fond of Kosovo, but still, you're doing a great job. Keep it up. :thup:

That's allright! Cheers for reading anyway!

20 minutes ago, Jambo_ said:

Great story this. Can't wait to see a team from Kosovo win the Champions League in the same year Kosovo win the World Cup!

Thank you... if that's ever going to happen it's going to take decades. We'll see!

November-January

november-january.png

Shame we couldn't do more in the Europa League.

january-league-table.png

january-EL-group.png

Schalke...

december-sale.png

I sold one player, Gilmore went back to his native Nigeria.

january-signings.png

I spent some more money this month, as I'm building for the future. Cakic and Milicevic are both talented Serbian players, so it's going to be puzzle how I'm going to deal with the foreign spots in the team. But especially Milicevic was just too talented to not buy.

january-milicevic.png

Very good for the level, of course you would want a bit more jumping reach etc but still.

december-manager-of-the-year.png

Fifth straight year I won this.

March 2023 + Youth Intake

march.png

Continuing our form, albeit with a bit of luck in the cup.

march-league-table.png

march-youth-intake.png

Another one - and maybe more!

march-yp5a.png

Too bad I don't use an AMC so looking at striker or inside forward. Not sure yet as both need work. But he looks so very promising anyway.

Season Review 2022-2023

Even more dominant domestically than in the previous season and our very first unbeaten season. Happy to have also made the EL groups but the next step will be to actually get some more points there. Positive about the future with some of the talents coming through the intakes and players I've signed. Just hope some of the other Kosovar teams can improve too.

Hoxha clearly the best player at the club as far as his performances go, but look at the fantastic first season from Kenan Dosti as well.

post-season-squad.png

Potoku is really not all that anymore but when he's performing like this...

post-season-dosti.png

This is Dosti now. He's only getting started! After this screenshot was taken I was able to sign him on a three-year deal with an option for three more years which should be very important whenever the big teams come from abroad at some point.

post-season-table.png

League reputation steadily increasing, and the national team have almost cracked the top 100! As we now have a 5 year history of points it's going to be harder to rise in the coefficient rankings unless we improve.

Short game world update after 5 seasons

Am planning to do this every 5 seasons. I decided against tens of screenshots but if you want to see any league tables or anything just ask.

5-year-update.png

Decided to list the continental competitions alonside the top 6+Dutch and a few other notables.

7 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

Short game world update after 5 seasons

Am planning to do this every 5 seasons. I decided against tens of screenshots but if you want to see any league tables or anything just ask.

5-year-update.png

Decided to list the continental competitions alonside the top 6+Dutch and a few other notables.

sure you are missing a Euro or world cup winner but can't decide which :D

7 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

The 2022 World Cup winner is mentioned in the 22/23 season because it was played in November, that's why it looks weird.

39 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

31 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

The 2022 World Cup winner is mentioned in the 22/23 season because it was played in November, that's why it looks weird.

Yep what Rikulec said! The season after will have the next Euro winner. 

June-August 2023

june-tv-money.png

A nice big increase in league money again!

august-transfers.png

I didn't do much business, as I have invested last year already combined with the promising intakes. Biggest factor will have to be the limited amount of talents actually willing to join us.

july-offer.png

I could've had my biggest sale by far, but I have no reason to do so. He accepted the excuse of being an important presence in the team :)

june-august.png

Wow...

august-tv-money.png

Was very surprised to get away with a win in Glasgow, and we were able to beat the Czech champions for once! Not sparta this time though. Thanks go to Mikelanxhelo.

Night Rage GIF

august-CL-draw-lol.png

This is going to be fun...

august-league-table.png

On 19/11/2018 at 06:49, Timetxu said:

Hi,

Does anyone have a link for this policy explained by UEFA and how much time it would take to gain spots as normal?

I talked to one of the devs about this issue in another thread and he said Kosovo is indeed hard coded to just 1 spot for each continental tournament, but they're willing to look into it if we had evidence to show them they shoudn't be forever coded into just one spot.

September - December 2023

I've decided to post in little bit larger chunks now as the domestic months are going to be of less interest generally.

september-december.png

We won nearly every single league game, until the Prishtina game in December. As expected we were outclassed in the CL but I guess the nice thing is that the losses weren't too embarrassing, we scored three goals in total against Man City and in the last game we even managed to get our first CL point!

december-CL-group.png

december-league-table.png

november-facilities.png

Facility upgrades for another year approved.

december-record.png

Record setters.

december-award.png

dj khaled another one GIF

14 hours ago, Lanko said:

Hi,

Does anyone have a link for this policy explained by UEFA and how much time it would take to gain spots as normal?

I talked to one of the devs about this issue in another thread and he said Kosovo is indeed hard coded to just 1 spot for each continental tournament, but they're willing to look into it if we had evidence to show them they shoudn't be forever coded into just one spot.

I'm doing a little research. So far, the most interesting I've found is this: http://chronicle.gi/2015/12/gibraltar-earns-an-extra-spot-in-europe-for-201718/

This article claims that the 53rd UEFA place apparently grants a country an additional Europa League spot. 51st placed Faroe Islands is the first country to have three teams in the Europa League. So I feel like there's no real regulation by the UEFA about this, it's just a matter of climbing the ranks.

4 hours ago, Timetxu said:

I'm doing a little research. So far, the most interesting I've found is this: http://chronicle.gi/2015/12/gibraltar-earns-an-extra-spot-in-europe-for-201718/

This article claims that the 53rd UEFA place apparently grants a country an additional Europa League spot. 51st placed Faroe Islands is the first country to have three teams in the Europa League. So I feel like there's no real regulation by the UEFA about this, it's just a matter of climbing the ranks.

I read that same article haha. Kosovo has only one spot because of a Uefa Committee meeting decision, but apparently it was the same as happened with Gibraltar and their performance allowed them to gain spots as normal.

Opened a thread in the public beta forum for them to look into it: https://community.sigames.com/topic/459360-kosovo-continental-spots/

January - May 2024 + Youth Intake

january-signings.png

Continued building the squad for the future with three new players - all of them Albanian so they don't add to the foreigner rule.

january-departures.png

Decided to sell former topscorer Berisha as he is now third choice striker.

january-may.png

We continued our dominance in Kosovo, and had another unbeaten seasonin the league to celebrate alongside our double.

may-league-table.png

march-youth-intake.png

The youth intake was a downer after the two previous ones. Some of these might be better than they appear now, atleast that's the hope. 

march-yp6e.png

This guy seems to be the best here, but his personality and low determination are real problems as I don't have a lot of players with high determination or professional personalities to help him improve on those fronts.

Archived