This game...!

How are you suppose to enjoy this game if you cant be/do more specific things 
with your tactic and players?

I have a perfect plan in my mind, but its unfortunately impossible to implement
into the Football Manager game. 

"Problems"
- I want my wingers to stay wider and higher up the pitch, all the way up by the offside line
- I want all of my players to play more safe passes in build-up 
- I want my centerbacks to move higher up the pitch when im in possession and
  when they have the ball, maybe hold on to it much longer, walk forward with the ball until an 
  opponent comes to press. 

- I want my right AMC and my left AMC to stay on their respective sides of the pitch 
- If one of my fullbacks makes a overlap or a push higher up, I want the rest of the defenders 
  to make a 3-man defensive line (if I play with 4 defenders)

And yes, I have tried everything and not for a little while but for two seasons. I've tried to changed tactic, player-roles and mentality 
but nothing is working so if somebody have a solution to this, please help me.

What else I would love to have control over:

- I want to make instructions to players when they are in different places on the pitch. What my winger should do if 
  he has the ball out by the cornerflag, what the midfielders should do when the ball is wide, what should the strikers do when the ball is
  in our defense, how should my tactic look like in attack and in defense. Decide that my inside forward always should try to make
  a cross or a pass into the penalty area. All these are small but very important tweaks which make the manager-role so much more characteristic.

All these "problems" are stuff a real manager would have control over, which for me is strange to not be included in this game..

Sorry for my bad english.

Thank you!

59 minutes ago, FreezingTable said:

How are you suppose to enjoy this game if you cant be/do more specific things 
with your tactic and players?

I have a perfect plan in my mind, but its unfortunately impossible to implement
into the Football Manager game. 

"Problems"
- I want my wingers to stay wider and higher up the pitch, all the way up by the offside line
  when they have the ball, maybe hold on to it much longer, walk forward with the ball until an 
  opponent comes to press. 

- I want my right AMC and my left AMC to stay on their respective sides of the pitch 
- If one of my fullbacks makes a overlap or a push higher up, I want the rest of the defenders 

And yes, I have tried everything and not for a little while but for two seasons. I've tried to changed tactic, player-roles and mentality 
but nothing is working so if somebody have a solution to this, please help me.

What else I would love to have control over:

- I want to make instructions to players when they are in different places on the pitch. What my winger should do if 
  he has the ball out by the cornerflag, what the midfielders should do when the ball is wide, what should the strikers do when the ball is
  in our defense, how should my tactic look like in attack and in defense. Decide that my inside forward always should try to make
  a cross or a pass into the penalty area. All these are small but very important tweaks which make the manager-role so much more characteristic.

All these "problems" are stuff a real manager would have control over, which for me is strange to not be included in this game..

Sorry for my bad english.

Thank you!

Locked player instructions make it easier for SI to control bugs, exploits, and some un-natural play. 

A lot of PIs, some of which you've mentioned, should be loosened rather than freed in my opnion. 

8 hours ago, FreezingTable said:

How are you suppose to enjoy this game if you cant be/do more specific things with your tactic and players?

7 hours ago, pauly15 said:

Locked player instructions make it easier for SI to control bugs, exploits, and some un-natural play. 

A lot of PIs, some of which you've mentioned, should be loosened rather than freed in my opnion. 

As pauly says.  You're never going to have true freedom to do anything, because they're likely never going to be able to code something like that.  If they did, I can imagine it would be hideously exploitable, given the AI has to follow a rather rigid set of rules.  

They can definitely make it smarter, but there's a clear reason why there's rigidity in this area.

At least there should be a formation that makes you play with 2 wide strikers (and one in the middle ofc) or be able to let the wingers stay high and wide. It’s so much space begins the opponents fullbacks, but you can’t exploit it. Raumdeuter is probably the role that pushes highest up the pitch, but uses the ball very poorly when they get it.

9 hours ago, FreezingTable said:

"Problems"
  opponent comes to press. 

in theory your problems could be managable with current tactical  (some are)instructions and roles. most of your problems are due to how things are hard coded into the game currently. like wingers playing too narrow without movement or more patient build-up. hopefully things will improve with next ME update.

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived