Sports Interactive Community
stevemc

FM19: Salford City Club Thread - Class of 92'

I think I might be ending my Salford City save right here. Won all the prizes we could win, first time I went undefeated for an entire season in the Premier League and reached the point where the players I brought in 8 seasons ago (lots of emotional attachment, painful to sell) 1 by 1 want new challenges as we have won so many trophies over the past years. Would have to reform the squad to some extent, not like that would be a big challenge but might be the right time to try something new. As you can tell from my top scorers I rotate a lot between 2 different squads (every position has a good back up) so all players remain good fitness throughout the season.

555fdx.png

2n6vpc9.png4kdxt2.pngf9kw3r.png

Edited by XcilPersion

Hi guys, I've been pretty inactive in here due to not having the time to play. Tried to continue my old Salford save but just couldn't get into it knowing the new update was out and have once again gone for Salford.

I've picked up a couple of real quality Spanish players from the lower leagues - Miguel Real and Eric Llopis. Miguel Real is an AMC from Silva in the Lower Leagues and Eric Llopis is a Winger from Binefar. Both available on free transfers and are easily good enough for a few leagues above.

Oh well after two and a half seasons my Salford journey came to an end. I was getting frustrated with the lack of progress my players were making and started applying for jobs at better clubs. Unfortunately the board wasn't impressed at my need to progress and gave me an ultimatum leave or else. So I left. I enjoyed the journey and will be carrying on the save to see where I end up but for now Salford is but a stepping stone on the way to glory.

Found my save pre-move to Millwall so now back to working with the wonder that is Salford :), I'm keeping the Millwall save going and a subsequent save with Birmingham (only stayed at Millwall about 10 months before Brum came calling). Will update as and when.

It has taken me a little time to return to Salford mainly due to a storming promotion run with the Birmingham save. However, 16 games in of season 3 and Salford are 7th just 2 points behind the leaders. The first round of the FA Cup has just been drawn giving me a home tie against Barnsley of Div 1 who are currently struggling for form. Hopefully this season will see the team get promotion to Div 1 where more consolidation will be needed.

The end of November sees the team still in the playoff positions, Barnsley unfortunately found a bit of form at the wrong time and beat us in the cup 1-0, not too disappointed with that as it means I can concentrate on the league.