Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
kbarrett2316

[Pre-Game Editor] Editor data deleted itself

I've been working on a big editing project the last couple of weeks or so - the other day the Editor crashed (due to low memory). When I loaded the unsaved changes next time I opened the editor and selected to merge them with my initial file, nothing loaded and upon checking every possible folder all my work was deleted.

I have Recuva installed and did a deep search but couldn't find a thing. Completely disappeared without a trace. Any clues as to why this happened or how I can recover (if possible) my work?

Thank you!

Hi @kbarrett2316 unfortunately it seems the file has been lost and we wouldn't have any means to recover this data, could you let us know what specifically you were working on when the crash happened so we can investigate this issue, we're not sure but maybe the memory crash may have corrupted the file leading to its deletion and this is what we would like to investigate.

This sounds strange. For big editing always use incremental saves like file001, file002 etc. That way you can't lose much after such an incident.

3 hours ago, Alix.Humphries said:

Hi @kbarrett2316 unfortunately it seems the file has been lost and we wouldn't have any means to recover this data, could you let us know what specifically you were working on when the crash happened so we can investigate this issue, we're not sure but maybe the memory crash may have corrupted the file leading to its deletion and this is what we would like to investigate.

Hi Alix, the project involved adding in players (I was adding young players who weren't in the game due to their release from clubs and seemed to be missing from the database). My laptop was fairly low on storage space (I usually transfer FM onto a spare USB and run it off but hadn't yet until I finished this project to make sure it all ran smoothly). I didn't check if the file was still around after the crash so that could be the case, yeah. Shame that there's no way of recovery, very bizarre though!

3 hours ago, KUBI said:

This sounds strange. For big editing always use incremental saves like file001, file002 etc. That way you can't lose much after such an incident.

Yeah very weird! I used to do that but for simplicity did it all in one big file in FM18 and there didn't seem to be a problem like this last year. I'm not sure what else could have happened as it didn't display on Recuva. I think when I get round to redoing it I'll save them seperately though haha!

I had the same issue reported here:

I was able to recover a version of the DB using recuva, but it seems to be damaged. Both the crashdump and db file is uploaded in the topic

Some files I edited disappeared too even though I wasn't even using the pre-game editor at the time.

This is silly. SIGames launched an update where the editor was once again forgotten. Positions not appearing, database changes not appearing, compressed files option not appearing. It's a shame that we pay for it, it's a shame that we pass most of our time doing things to improve the game and SIGames cut our legs. It could be a nice idea to have a team working on the editor and launch the things right, on time, uh?