New Laptop/PC Advice -Please Read the Opening Post

Hi All,

I have short list HP Envy 15 2020 edition and I will be upgrading it right way to 32 gb RAM, so wanna sell the installed 16 gb RAM (8gb x 2 @2966 MHz) modules.

Can you suggest best place to sell the RAM modules?

Thank you for your help in advance

Edited by Sweetleftfoot

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sweetleftfoot said:

Hi All,

I have short list HP Envy 15 2020 edition and I will be upgrading it right way to 32 gb RAM, so wanna sell the installed 16 gb RAM (8gb x 2 @2966 MHz) modules.

Can you suggest best place to sell the RAM modules?

Thank you for your help in advance

I'd guess either Amazon or Ebay.

11 hours ago, jtaddy said:

Local delivery available

Apple MacBook Pro A1278 Laptop

Screen Size 13.3''

Year   :   Mid  2012

Intel Core Core i5     2.5 GHz

8GB RAM / 500 GB  .

OS Mojave

Keyboard UK English

Charger included

Used Good condition

Based on what info I can find (Apple are a bit sketchy about providing actual CPU model numbers for their computers) I'd avoid.  This is likely to be a 2nd gen i5, so quite poor by today's standards and you're unlikely to get satisfactory performance from it.

17 hours ago, jtaddy said:

Local delivery available

Apple MacBook Pro A1278 Laptop

Screen Size 13.3''

Year   :   Mid  2012

Intel Core Core i5     2.5 GHz

8GB RAM / 500 GB  .

OS Mojave

Keyboard UK English

Charger included

Used Good condition

This is an i5-3210M

While it fits the specs for FM in terms of speed, it's 8 years old. And in my experience, any computer this age has reached End of Life (EOL).

On Apples support site - there's a list of Oboslete Products - and yours is listed

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201624

I'd strongly advise not to go this route.

5 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Based on what info I can find (Apple are a bit sketchy about providing actual CPU model numbers for their computers) I'd avoid.  This is likely to be a 2nd gen i5, so quite poor by today's standards and you're unlikely to get satisfactory performance from it.

Quite right Kev. You can get Apple specs here https://everymac.com/

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-cw1598sa-15-6-amd-ryzen-7-laptop-512-gb-ssd-silver-10193332-pdt.html

I am having trouble with my laptop as mentioned previously so I have decided that I am going to cash in on it. 

Is the laptop above a good laptop for fm? 2d classic graphics only. Facepacks logos added. 6 nations with probably 15/20 leagues?

Just looking for a laptop which isn't slow and will quickly progress through each day.

2 hours ago, Fola said:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-cw1598sa-15-6-amd-ryzen-7-laptop-512-gb-ssd-silver-10193332-pdt.html

I am having trouble with my laptop as mentioned previously so I have decided that I am going to cash in on it. 

Is the laptop above a good laptop for fm? 2d classic graphics only. Facepacks logos added. 6 nations with probably 15/20 leagues?

Just looking for a laptop which isn't slow and will quickly progress through each day.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/huawei-matebook-14-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-256-gb-ssd-grey-10215081-pdt.html

This would be better, but recommend adding more ram later on. Storage is a little low, so maybe an external hard drive or large USB stick.

Sorry to jump in, question to you Smurf.

Would you think the Huawei you just linked will handle some light Photoshop and CorelDraw work (kit creation and preparing files for printing but only occasionally so comfortable use would be OK, doesn't have to be lightning speed)? Would extra RAM help it for that purpose or would it be irrelevant? 

Edited by right_winger

Hello there,

I’m new to this forum so if a thread similar to this has been posted elsewhere I do apologise.

I’m posting this in the hope that someone more tech savvy than myself may be able to offer guidance. I’m looking to buy a new laptop to run FM 21, ideally I’d like one that would be able to play quite a few leagues whilst also being able to run the match engine in 3D at a good level.

I’d like to keep it as cheap as possible but I’m open to all suggestions.

Thanks in advance !

Hi Guys

Unfortunately due to financial issues at this current time, I am selling my current laptop, which was bought specifically for FM and then upgraded to 16GB and additional two Power Supplies included (all HP official) - ideal for FM and been great - lovingly looked after

If anyone is interested - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324348987760

25 minutes ago, right_winger said:

Sorry to jump in, question to you Smurf.

Would you think the Huawei you just linked will handle some light Photoshop and CorelDraw work (kit creation and preparing files for printing but only occasionally so comfortable use would be OK, doesn't have to be lightning speed)? Would extra RAM help it for that purpose or would it be irrelevant? 

It wouldn't really be ideal, Photoshop would require a some disk space for the scratch disks, and more RAM.

Any of the 3D stuff wouldn't be possible as it doesn't have a dedicated graphics card. So some filters and other things wouldn't be usable. 

6 minutes ago, Michaelc95 said:

Hello there,

I’m new to this forum so if a thread similar to this has been posted elsewhere I do apologise.

I’m posting this in the hope that someone more tech savvy than myself may be able to offer guidance. I’m looking to buy a new laptop to run FM 21, ideally I’d like one that would be able to play quite a few leagues whilst also being able to run the match engine in 3D at a good level.

I’d like to keep it as cheap as possible but I’m open to all suggestions.

Thanks in advance !

What's cheap to you?

27 minutes ago, Smurf said:

It wouldn't really be ideal, Photoshop would require a some disk space for the scratch disks, and more RAM.

Any of the 3D stuff wouldn't be possible as it doesn't have a dedicated graphics card. So some filters and other things wouldn't be usable. 

What's cheap to you?

Thanks for messaging back !

id ideally like to budget for like 500 pounds max. But as I say I’m not tech savvy in the slightest, so I’m open to spending more to get what I need to run it

1 hour ago, Michaelc95 said:

Thanks for messaging back !

id ideally like to budget for like 500 pounds max. But as I say I’m not tech savvy in the slightest, so I’m open to spending more to get what I need to run it

But the one you asked about was £800? 

6 minutes ago, Smurf said:

But the one you asked about was £800? 

I never asked about a specific make or model, I actually posted my own thread but I think one of the mods put it in here instead as I wasn’t aware there was once dedicated solely to this. 

Hi guys.

Been looking for a new laptop and stumbled across this thread so any advice would be great. 

I've configured two laptops but unsure if it's worth paying the extra money for one over the other. It'll be used for FM, and potentially some other games. I'm a very indecisive person so struggling to decide on what to get. Alternatively are there any pre built laptops at a slightly cheaper cost with similar specs worth getting?

Thanks in advance

Screenshot_20201027-071259.jpg

Screenshot_20201027-071424.jpg

5 hours ago, TDB_90 said:

Hi guys.

Been looking for a new laptop and stumbled across this thread so any advice would be great. 

I've configured two laptops but unsure if it's worth paying the extra money for one over the other. It'll be used for FM, and potentially some other games. I'm a very indecisive person so struggling to decide on what to get. Alternatively are there any pre built laptops at a slightly cheaper cost with similar specs worth getting?

Thanks in advance

Screenshot_20201027-071259.jpg

Screenshot_20201027-071424.jpg

What other games are you interested in?

Edited by kevhamster

1 hour ago, kevhamster said:

What other games are you interested in?

Thanks for the reply Kev.

It'll be mainly be FM, however id probably end up using it for a couple of SIM games like Tropico and Cities Skylines and maybe even an RPG. I tend to use a console for the bulk of my gaming, but want a solid spec laptop to compliment it.

6 minutes ago, TDB_90 said:

Thanks for the reply Kev.

It'll be mainly be FM, however id probably end up using it for a couple of SIM games like Tropico and Cities Skylines and maybe even an RPG. I tend to use a console for the bulk of my gaming, but want a solid spec laptop to compliment it.

That being the case, the 2060 will be ample in terms of the graphics card. 

If you're able to configure to get the 2060 with the I7-10875H you'd have the ideal combo out of the two, as the Intel is marginally the stronger of the two CPU's listed.  However, if you can't, or there is a considerable difference in price between the Ryzen and the I7, then you'll still get a cracking performance from that combo.

7 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

That being the case, the 2060 will be ample in terms of the graphics card. 

If you're able to configure to get the 2060 with the I7-10875H you'd have the ideal combo out of the two, as the Intel is marginally the stronger of the two CPU's listed.  However, if you can't, or there is a considerable difference in price between the Ryzen and the I7, then you'll still get a cracking performance from that combo.

The Intel I7 actually comes in slightly cheaper. There's not really a lot between them it was more if it was worth paying for the RTX 2070. But if the 2060 will suffice then I will go for that. 

Just whilst I have you, would it be worth looking for a pre built branded one eg HP, Dell, Lenovo etc. Or just stick to the build I've got? I've never really looked into laptop specs before so it's a whole new world for me. And with so much choice and opinions I just want to be sure of my decision before I spend a substantial amount of money.

34 minutes ago, TDB_90 said:

The Intel I7 actually comes in slightly cheaper. There's not really a lot between them it was more if it was worth paying for the RTX 2070. But if the 2060 will suffice then I will go for that. 

Just whilst I have you, would it be worth looking for a pre built branded one eg HP, Dell, Lenovo etc. Or just stick to the build I've got? I've never really looked into laptop specs before so it's a whole new world for me. And with so much choice and opinions I just want to be sure of my decision before I spend a substantial amount of money.

Depends on the difference in price.  If it's affordable, I'd go with a custom configuration like you are, because mass manufacturers like the ones you've mentioned will add bloatware to the OS which you often can't get rid of, which take up space and can impact performance.

The 2060 will definitely be ample.  I've got the previous gen of the same range (1660 Super) paired with a Ryzen 5 3600 and 16GB of 3200MHz RAM in my desktop, and pretty much everything I've thrown at it runs at 60fps at 1080p, using at least very high preset.  For example, I installed Watch Dogs 2 on my PC, and even though it's a few years old, it is still a reasonably demanding title.  Set to the Very High preset, saw a steady 60fps and it looked glorious.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2060-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1660S-Super/4034vs4056  This shows you should see around a 20% increase in performance with the 2060 compared to the 1660 super that I've got.

The only thing I would say, is make sure you've got 16GB of RAM at least in your build.

Edited by kevhamster

Depends on the difference in price.  If it's affordable, I'd go with a custom configuration like you are, because mass manufacturers like the ones you've mentioned will add bloatware to the OS which you often can't get rid of, which take up space and can impact performance.

The 2060 will definitely be ample.  I've got the previous gen of the same range (1660 Super) paired with a Ryzen 5 3600 and 16GB of 3200MHz RAM in my desktop, and pretty much everything I've thrown at it runs at 60fps at 1080p, using at least very high preset.  For example, I installed Watch Dogs 2 on my PC, and even though it's a few years old, it is still a reasonably demanding title.  Set to the Very High preset, saw a steady 60fps and it looked glorious.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2060-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1660S-Super/4034vs4056  This shows you should see around a 20% increase in performance with the 2060 compared to the 1660 super that I've got.

The only thing I would say, is make sure you've got 16GB of RAM at least in your build.

Yeah bloatware was something I'd read about which is what led me towards a custom build. By the sounds of it the 2060 will be fine for me then. 16GB of RAM was always a must that's about the only thing I'd made my mind up on haha. Il go for the custom I think, definitely reassured me that has.

Thanks for your time, really appreciate it. You and Smurf help a lot of people by the looks of it. Top guys. 

4 hours ago, TDB_90 said:

Yeah bloatware was something I'd read about which is what led me towards a custom build. By the sounds of it the 2060 will be fine for me then. 16GB of RAM was always a must that's about the only thing I'd made my mind up on haha. Il go for the custom I think, definitely reassured me that has.

Thanks for your time, really appreciate it. You and Smurf help a lot of people by the looks of it. Top guys. 

Pay for what you get. Custom build over pre build any day.

Plus they give guarantees etc. It is a nobno-brainer!

Been looking more at laptops and away from the XPS due to its price at the moment. I have come across the HP Omen and MSI Leopard. Looking at the Specs it seems quite good, nice processor and graphics should I want to play on 3D. 

Question is, is it a good enough laptop to play on 10/12 leagues on this and next years versions?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-15-dh1005na-i7-10750H-Dedicated-Graphics/dp/B0877C8SBB/ref=psdc_429886031_t1_B08BJ4LZD9

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-GL65-Leopard-10SER-011-i7-10750H/dp/B08BJ4LZD9/ref=sr_1_1?crid=C19ULVT04R2D&dchild=1&keywords=msi+leopard&qid=1603877776&s=computers&sprefix=msi+le%2Ccomputers%2C169&sr=1-1

24 minutes ago, Deansy85 said:

Been looking more at laptops and away from the XPS due to its price at the moment. I have come across the HP Omen and MSI Leopard. Looking at the Specs it seems quite good, nice processor and graphics should I want to play on 3D. 

Question is, is it a good enough laptop to play on 10/12 leagues on this and next years versions?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-15-dh1005na-i7-10750H-Dedicated-Graphics/dp/B0877C8SBB/ref=psdc_429886031_t1_B08BJ4LZD9

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-GL65-Leopard-10SER-011-i7-10750H/dp/B08BJ4LZD9/ref=sr_1_1?crid=C19ULVT04R2D&dchild=1&keywords=msi+leopard&qid=1603877776&s=computers&sprefix=msi+le%2Ccomputers%2C169&sr=1-1

I don't think the price difference in the extra RAM is worth it - you could get the 8gb RAM and then upgrade yourself, worksout slightly cheaper.

Here's a 15 inch with same specs - but 16gb RAM - https://www.box.co.uk/81Y6005VUK-Lenovo-Legion-5i-15_2943293.html

I'd go for this as it's already got the extra RAM but slightly cheaper than the other one.

3 minutes ago, Smurf said:

I don't think the price difference in the extra RAM is worth it - you could get the 8gb RAM and then upgrade yourself, worksout slightly cheaper.

Here's a 15 inch with same specs - but 16gb RAM - https://www.box.co.uk/81Y6005VUK-Lenovo-Legion-5i-15_2943293.html

I'd go for this as it's already got the extra RAM but slightly cheaper than the other one.

Do you think that this is capable or running the upcoming game and next years with 1o or so leagues. I tend to like the data side of the game so like a lots of leagues!

5 minutes ago, Deansy85 said:

Do you think that this is capable or running the upcoming game and next years with 1o or so leagues. I tend to like the data side of the game so like a lots of leagues!

Based on FM20's specs, yes.

Hey guys,

I've missed the last couple of football manager games due to not having a laptop! Been playing since 05 and have done the last couple on mobile.

This year's different, I've got a little extra money and really want to get a laptop for the sole purpose of playing football manager 21.

I've been trying to do research on finding a laptop that would be able to run the latest FM alright, it doesn't have to run like the wind but ideally don't want it to be stop-start. I usually use the 2D match and I'm not bothered really about the 3D match (if that impacts anything)

It may seem daft but my budget is about £250-£350, if there's anyone who knows a little about laptops and could advise what to look for or any cheap laptops that will do the job that would be massively appreciated I just feel a bit lost!

Apologies I posted this as its own thread as I didn't see this! 

For more information, I could up my budget to 400 if it's going to make a difference but under 370 would be preferable. 

I will solely be using the laptop for football manager, i have a surface pro from my work i can use for everything else apart from games. I play my other games on a PS4 so just need a laptop for FM.

2D match, would want a database of basically UK down to National League and probably down to the second division in Spain and Germany. Player database doesn't have to be huge as I understand my budget isn't going to get anything that runs it amazingly I'm being realistic haha.

1 hour ago, Mikeyboyy said:

Apologies I posted this as its own thread as I didn't see this! 

For more information, I could up my budget to 400 if it's going to make a difference but under 370 would be preferable. 

I will solely be using the laptop for football manager, i have a surface pro from my work i can use for everything else apart from games. I play my other games on a PS4 so just need a laptop for FM.

2D match, would want a database of basically UK down to National League and probably down to the second division in Spain and Germany. Player database doesn't have to be huge as I understand my budget isn't going to get anything that runs it amazingly I'm being realistic haha.

For that sort of price, your best bet is a refurb unit.

If it will only be used for FM, this will do a reasonable job: https://www.laptopstation.co.uk/product/laptops/255-g7-b-2/

I have a laptop with the same CPU and it plays FM20 quite nicely.  I've also used this site to purchase both my last 2 refurb laptops and can vouch for the items being of good quality, at least in my own experience.

4 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

I have i3 6100. If I will use PC with i5 10600 it will be a principal difference (twice or more) in day processing? 

Many thanks in advance

I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

But if you're asking for a comparison between the two, the i5 is miles ahead according to this: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-10600-vs-Intel-Core-i3-6100/4069vs3511

59 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Hi :)

I'm asking about I push space button in Football Manager and game processes days for next day(s)

I've seen your PM, and I still don't know what you're asking to be honest.

The Spacebar press to move game time forward should work regardless of what CPU you have.  The I5 will process the game quicker than the I3 will. 

1 час назад, kevhamster сказал:

I've seen your PM, and I still don't know what you're asking to be honest.

The Spacebar press to move game time forward should work regardless of what CPU you have.  The I5 will process the game quicker than the I3 will. 

Thanks for dialogue by PM :) 

3 hours ago, kevhamster said:

I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

But if you're asking for a comparison between the two, the i5 is miles ahead according to this: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-10600-vs-Intel-Core-i3-6100/4069vs3511

Hi Kev, really really appreciate that mate didn't know where to start but looking into that one it seems ideal! It'll strictly be for football manager, ordered and ready for the beta! much appreciated again 🙂

Hello there,

looking for some advice and I’ve no idea where to start, hence why I’m here ! 

I’m looking to buy a new laptop solely to run FM21. I’d like one that should be able to run the 3D match engine at a decent level while also having a decent amount of nations/leagues selected.

ideally I’d like to budget around 500 pounds, wether this is achievable or not is another story. But I would be open to buying a refurbished one or spending more I’d needs be ! 

Any help is appreciated 

1 hour ago, Davids1530 said:

Hello there,

looking for some advice and I’ve no idea where to start, hence why I’m here ! 

I’m looking to buy a new laptop solely to run FM21. I’d like one that should be able to run the 3D match engine at a decent level while also having a decent amount of nations/leagues selected.

ideally I’d like to budget around 500 pounds, wether this is achievable or not is another story. But I would be open to buying a refurbished one or spending more I’d needs be ! 

Any help is appreciated 

How much more?

20 minutes ago, Davids1530 said:

Thanks for replying :) The most I’d be able to go atm is 600, but I’d really like to keep it towards the lower end if possible ! 

I would consider these.

https://www.box.co.uk/FA506IH-BQ027-ASUS-TUF-GAMING-A15-FA506IH-BQ027-(NO-OP_2913034.html

https://www.box.co.uk/81LK0039UK-Lenovo-IdeaPad-Gaming-L340-15_2934443.html

Hey guys,

I am looking at getting a new laptop for FM21 with 3D game engine, although, this is not vital and for a bit of general browsing / Netflix use. 

I've been away from FM for a while but have been playing FM17 on my HP 15 Notebook from 2014 with AMD-A8 and 8GB of RAM (not computer savvy) and the game is unbelievably slow. 

Ideally, I was looking at getting a laptop from Amazon, Currys, John Lewis because I have a load of vouchers to use up. 

Budget is around £600-800, preferably towards the lower end unless the price hike is substantially worth it. 

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Wivanee said:

Hey guys,

I am looking at getting a new laptop for FM21 with 3D game engine, although, this is not vital and for a bit of general browsing / Netflix use. 

I've been away from FM for a while but have been playing FM17 on my HP 15 Notebook from 2014 with AMD-A8 and 8GB of RAM (not computer savvy) and the game is unbelievably slow. 

Ideally, I was looking at getting a laptop from Amazon, Currys, John Lewis because I have a load of vouchers to use up. 

Budget is around £600-800, preferably towards the lower end unless the price hike is substantially worth it. 

Thanks in advance!

I only looked on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-AN515-44-Display-Windows-Headset/dp/B089BM56BH/ref=pd_lpo_147_t_1/260-4004099-0886244?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B089BM56BH&pd_rd_r=3b98bc3e-9d58-43cb-9ea6-6253b86bd41b&pd_rd_w=GtNdG&pd_rd_wg=zOat8&pf_rd_p=7b8e3b03-1439-4489-abd4-4a138cf4eca6&pf_rd_r=6QEV2KJSVFF87GCMSF78&psc=1&refRID=6QEV2KJSVFF87GCMSF78

That should be more than capable.

Hello FM managers.

Im looking at replacing my current laptop. A MSI GE62. Ive had it a very long time and it used to be a rocket of a laptop. Age has got to it now and its incredibly slow. 

Ive narrowed my searches down to:

Option 1

https://www.box.co.uk/1L6F7EAABU-HP-Pavilion-Gaming-15-ec1009na_2958259.html

Option 2

https://www.box.co.uk/1L6F6EAABU-HP-Pavilion-Gaming-15-ec1007na_2958258.html

What i would like to know is if you guys think Option 1 is worth £200 more than Option 2. Im not sure. The laptop will be used for FM only. I usually only watch highlights in 3d. My game set up is usually all leagues in the nation in managing and the top 2 leagues in 5 or 6 more nations.

Im happy to pay for option 2. Option 1 is a little out of my price range but i could be tempted

1 hour ago, wicksyFM said:

Hello FM managers.

Im looking at replacing my current laptop. A MSI GE62. Ive had it a very long time and it used to be a rocket of a laptop. Age has got to it now and its incredibly slow. 

Option 1

Option 2

What i would like to know is if you guys think Option 1 is worth £200 more than Option 2. Im not sure. The laptop will be used for FM only. I usually only watch highlights in 3d. My game set up is usually all leagues in the nation in managing and the top 2 leagues in 5 or 6 more nations.

Im happy to pay for option 2. Option 1 is a little out of my price range but i could be tempted

Purely for FM, I wouldn't pay the extra £200  especially as you've stated it's outside of your preferred budget.  Yes, the CPU is a little better in that one, but the cheaper one is still ample and you don't need the extra graphical power the GTX 1660 Ti offers over the 1650.  16GB RAM is a nice to have, but 8GB RAM is still fine for FM.

I'd definitely choose the cheaper one in your case.  I will have a quick look around and see if I can find something else which ticks the boxes though.

Edited by kevhamster

1 hour ago, wicksyFM said:

Hello FM managers.

Option 1

Option 2

I'd suggest this.  Slightly better CPU than the one in the cheaper one at Currys, the same graphics card, and 16GB RAM.  Plus, custom built so you won't get the manufacturer bloatware.  Plus, it's literally a few quid more.

https://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/saved-configurations/cosmosIX-15/zTVFWZc!wQ/

I'd suggest this.  Slightly better CPU than the one in the cheaper one at Currys, the same graphics card, and 16GB RAM.  Plus, custom built so you won't get the manufacturer bloatware.  Plus, it's literally a few quid more.

https://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/saved-configurations/cosmosIX-15/zTVFWZc!wQ/

I really appreciate your help. 

I used the link below to compare the processors. According to that link the amd is better than intel. Amd was ranked 51 and the intel was ranked 85. I mean,  your probably right as I have no idea what im doing and i just go off the highest rated number :lol:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmark-List.2436.0.html

2 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

I really appreciate your help. 

I used the link below to compare the processors. According to that link the amd is better than intel. Amd was ranked 51 and the intel was ranked 85. I mean,  your probably right as I have no idea what im doing and i just go off the highest rated number :lol:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmark-List.2436.0.html

I based it off of this: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-10300H-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-4600H/m1027882vsm1110331

Either way, there's not a huge amount in it, the difference is fairly marginal. Either CPU will be good. Intel seem to have a slightly stronger single core performance which is the biggest difference maker in FM. 

12 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

I based it off of this: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-10300H-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-4600H/m1027882vsm1110331

Either way, there's not a huge amount in it, the difference is fairly marginal. Either CPU will be good. Intel seem to have a slightly stronger single core performance which is the biggest difference maker in FM. 

ok. i will have a good think about what one to get. Appreciate your help here mate. The things we do to play this game :lol:

https://www.johnlewis.com/lenovo-ideacentre-5-f0fb000quk-all-in-one-desktop-pc-intel-core-i5-processor-8gb-ram-1tb-hdd-256gb-ssd-23-8-inch-full-hd-black/p5095042?sku=238747610&s_ppc=2dx92700056288758326&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs7HFp7va7AIVzt_tCh3zfgdeEAQYASABEgKsRPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Can someone please give me an indication on this PC? Any good?

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a refurbished Microsoft Laptop 2. The spec was 256 GB/Intel Core i7/8 GB RAM / Graphics Intel UHD 620.

I loaded up FM20 and it worked a dream until I played the 3D match engine, it was laggy at high settings and looked poor at medium. I’ve been used to playing FM on an 8 year old MacBook and has always worked well so was disappointed to see how poor this was.

I’m now looking at purchasing an Asus ZenBook Core i7-10510U 16GB 512GB SSD + 32GB Intel Optane 14 Inch GeForce MX 350. 

from initial research the graphics is considerably better than the Intel UHD 620 - but my questions is - Will this laptop play Football Manager well in all aspects including 3D match engine?

thanks in advance 

14 minutes ago, FLHC2k18 said:

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a refurbished Microsoft Laptop 2. The spec was 256 GB/Intel Core i7/8 GB RAM / Graphics Intel UHD 620.

I loaded up FM20 and it worked a dream until I played the 3D match engine, it was laggy at high settings and looked poor at medium. I’ve been used to playing FM on an 8 year old MacBook and has always worked well so was disappointed to see how poor this was.

I’m now looking at purchasing an Asus ZenBook Core i7-10510U 16GB 512GB SSD + 32GB Intel Optane 14 Inch GeForce MX 350. 

from initial research the graphics is considerably better than the Intel UHD 620 - but my questions is - Will this laptop play Football Manager well in all aspects including 3D match engine?

thanks in advance 

The graphics will be better on that as it has a dedicated graphics card, albeit not a very strong one.

CPU wise, it's not fantastic and it's below the clock speed stated by SI as the requirement although I imagine it will still run the game.  For a 10th Gen i7 though, its benchmark scores are quite poor.  What's your budget?  I'll see what I can find that may be OK for you - also, let me know what other games you'd be wanting to play (if any) because that will impact what sort of specs you need.