Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Smurf

New Laptop/PC Advice -Please Read the Opening Post

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, simonstocker14 said:

Cheers Zak, I’ll see if I can get it to work. 
How does Quidco work?

Basically you sign up then type into it dell click dell and do your order it will then track with an cashback amount, although you do have to wait a few months for it that’s the downside also the amount you get is what the price is before Tax, I personally save all my cash back for the whole year and it pays half of my Plymouth Argyle season ticket so has its benefits 

Edited by zakbrown96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys. Back with one last query. I have narrowed it down to 2 laptops. The only game I play is football manager otherwise the laptop will be getting used for browsing, Netflix etc. Not sure if a gamer laptop is required but which do you recommend out of the 2 below. 

 

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3104570/

Or

https://www.box.co.uk/81LK0039UK-Lenovo-IdeaPad-Gaming-L340-15_2934443.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DS1874 said:

Hi guys. Back with one last query. I have narrowed it down to 2 laptops. The only game I play is football manager otherwise the laptop will be getting used for browsing, Netflix etc. Not sure if a gamer laptop is required but which do you recommend out of the 2 below. 

 

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3104570/

Or

https://www.box.co.uk/81LK0039UK-Lenovo-IdeaPad-Gaming-L340-15_2934443.html

I feel your pain! It’s a difficult choice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, simonstocker14 said:

I feel your pain! It’s a difficult choice!

It's hard working looking for a new laptop. I think I've narrowed it down to 2 that are decent for the budget. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DS1874 said:

Hi guys. Back with one last query. I have narrowed it down to 2 laptops. The only game I play is football manager otherwise the laptop will be getting used for browsing, Netflix etc. Not sure if a gamer laptop is required but which do you recommend out of the 2 below. 

 

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3104570/

Or

https://www.box.co.uk/81LK0039UK-Lenovo-IdeaPad-Gaming-L340-15_2934443.html

The second one.  It's better everywhere

Edited by Brother Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

The second one.  It's better everywhere

Except I suspect for battery life. Maybe not relevant but worth bearing in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Gangor said:

Except I suspect for battery life. Maybe not relevant but worth bearing in mind.

Fair point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked for some advice a couple of pages back and @Gangor advised me that the new Ryzen 4600u could potentially be in my price range so I've been doing some research around the new Ryzen processors.

My question is what's more important for FM; the base clock frequency or the number of cores? Secondly, but linked, does hyperthreading make a difference for FM?

For example I see the 4600u has 6 cores (12 logical) clocked at 2.1ghz, whereas the 4500u has 6 cores, clocked at 2.3ghz. Could that potentially be better for FM or am I missing the point? 

Although I try and educate myself when making a big purchase I apologise if this is a dumb question. I've been asking my brother who's a software engineer and understands these things better than me, but he doesn't play FM

Your help is very much appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, johnwalker said:

I asked for some advice a couple of pages back and @Gangor advised me that the new Ryzen 4600u could potentially be in my price range so I've been doing some research around the new Ryzen processors.

My question is what's more important for FM; the base clock frequency or the number of cores? Secondly, but linked, does hyperthreading make a difference for FM?

For example I see the 4600u has 6 cores (12 logical) clocked at 2.1ghz, whereas the 4500u has 6 cores, clocked at 2.3ghz. Could that potentially be better for FM or am I missing the point? 

Although I try and educate myself when making a big purchase I apologise if this is a dumb question. I've been asking my brother who's a software engineer and understands these things better than me, but he doesn't play FM

Your help is very much appreciated. 

Well the 4600U is going to be better at running a lot of leagues as those threads let it do many calculations at once, but overall I expect it won't be massively worse. You'll be able to find a 4500U much more cheaply I'd expect, so likely that will be a good choice. If the price was the same though I'd go for more threads every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Gangor said:

Well the 4600U is going to be better at running a lot of leagues as those threads let it do many calculations at once, but overall I expect it won't be massively worse. You'll be able to find a 4500U much more cheaply I'd expect, so likely that will be a good choice. If the price was the same though I'd go for more threads every time.

Thanks. I'm guessing the 4700U is still better than the 4600U as it has more cores rather than the extra threads? 

When they're more widely avaliable I will make a decision on which to go for, but I just want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, johnwalker said:

Thanks. I'm guessing the 4700U is still better than the 4600U as it has more cores rather than the extra threads? 

When they're more widely avaliable I will make a decision on which to go for, but I just want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly. 

Yes it has 8 rather than 6 cores. the 4500u and 4700u have SMT disabled so you only get 6 and 8 threads respectively. The higher tier parts have it enabled so have twice as many threads. It should be noted that even if they are fully saturated (unlikely in any gaming workload) they still won't be twice as fast as the same number of non-SMT cores. 

The 4500u is going to be a fantastic choice at its price point - apparently it performs better than even the highest tier Intel u-series processors in many tasks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gangor said:

The 4500u is going to be a fantastic choice at its price point - apparently it performs better than even the highest tier Intel u-series processors in many tasks. 

Yes, but still undervolted - I'm not sure what price point this is at - but undervolted means it will throttle.

19 hours ago, johnwalker said:

I asked for some advice a couple of pages back and @Gangor advised me that the new Ryzen 4600u could potentially be in my price range so I've been doing some research around the new Ryzen processors.

My question is what's more important for FM; the base clock frequency or the number of cores? Secondly, but linked, does hyperthreading make a difference for FM?

For example I see the 4600u has 6 cores (12 logical) clocked at 2.1ghz, whereas the 4500u has 6 cores, clocked at 2.3ghz. Could that potentially be better for FM or am I missing the point? 

Although I try and educate myself when making a big purchase I apologise if this is a dumb question. I've been asking my brother who's a software engineer and understands these things better than me, but he doesn't play FM

Your help is very much appreciated. 

 

@Neil Brock told me this

Quote

I spoke to someone and this is the jist of what he and I came to:

For how the game uses threads - it will create as many threads for playing matches and shortlisting as you have cores (including hyperthreads).

But the performance you see varies on the setup for example with matches - Quick Matches for instance (so for loaded but non-managed in leagues) it's are so fast anyway it gets to the point where it doesn't make that much more difference having more cores.

If you use detail level to set more stuff to full match you'll start seeing betters gains for more cores, but of course will still be slower than by just not having the league loaded, or having it at a low detail level.

Similar sort of thing with shortlisting the more / leagues players you have loaded the more benefits you can potentially see with more cores, however this is probably more than offset by the general slowdown from having more stuff loading as there's still a large portion of the game which is single threaded. 

In regards to best processors, as a general guide we tend to suggest using the following comparison site as a good gauge of the performance capabilities - https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmark-List.2436.0.html 

Basic rule of thumb is the higher it is on the list, the better it is. You can edit it to show processors for desktops and also those that are considered 'archived' via the restriction options. 

Hope some of this is of use. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone give me an idea of how well FM20 is likely to operate on a new top spec 13" MacBook Pro? Here's the configuration:

2.3GHz quad-core 10th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz
Intel Iris Plus Graphics
32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4X memory
1TB SSD storage 

 

I imagine the processor and RAM will be sufficient, but what about the graphics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thesharmz said:

Could someone give me an idea of how well FM20 is likely to operate on a new top spec 13" MacBook Pro? Here's the configuration:

2.3GHz quad-core 10th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz
Intel Iris Plus Graphics
32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4X memory
1TB SSD storage 

 

I imagine the processor and RAM will be sufficient, but what about the graphics?

It's hard to tell without testing it but i'll go out on a limb and say medium settings will be fine.  I use Intel iris 7th Gen and it runs fine on medium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brother Ben said:

It's hard to tell without testing it but i'll go out on a limb and say medium settings will be fine.  I use Intel iris 7th Gen and it runs fine on medium

Good to know, thanks very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This Spec ok?

Product features

AMD Ryzen 5 3550H Processor

RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 256 GB SSD

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB

Full HD screen

Battery life: Up to 7 hours

Edited by wakesta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wakesta said:

This Spec ok?

Product features

AMD Ryzen 5 3550H Processor

RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 256 GB SSD

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB

Full HD screen

Battery life: Up to 7 hours

Yes. But (price considerations notwithstanding) the Ryzen 4000 series is a big improvement from the 3000 series. The difference is more than the usual generational improvements that you see with Intel. If the cost isn't prohibitive I'd recommend choosing a laptop with the more modern processors. To the point where the low power U chips are beating the performance optimised H chips: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-4500U-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-3550H/m1052299vsm718601. This suggests you'd be better off (for FM) choosing a Ryzen 4000 ultrabook (ie using a U-series processor) than a Ryzen 3000 gaming laptop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/06/2020 at 14:48, simonstocker14 said:

I’ve managed to get it with 10% off. Definitely this one? Is it £100 better than the Acer?

I’ve got the dell one can definitely say it works like a dream! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I have a budget of 500-550 euro.

I want to run 5 to 6 top FM20 leagues on medium - high settings with emphasis on 3D engine.

I found the following two options but I am also open to your suggestions:

1. AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6GHz (4.0 Turbo)

8GB DDR4 2400mhz RAM

Radeon Vega 8 (integrated) <-- would this graphics card be ok to run the 3D match engine on medium/high settings?

1TB HDD

 

2. Intel® Core™ i5-2400 Processor 3.1 Ghz 6M Cache, 3.40 GHz Intel Turbo Boost <--  would this processor be ok to run 5 - 6 top leagues?

8GB DDR3 RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, 4GB DDR5

240GB SSD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, deataigh82 said:

Hi, I have a budget of 500-550 euro.

I want to run 5 to 6 top FM20 leagues on medium - high settings with emphasis on 3D engine.

I found the following two options but I am also open to your suggestions:

1. AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6GHz (4.0 Turbo)

8GB DDR4 2400mhz RAM

Radeon Vega 8 (integrated) <-- would this graphics card be ok to run the 3D match engine on medium/high settings?

1TB HDD

2. Intel® Core™ i5-2400 Processor 3.1 Ghz 6M Cache, 3.40 GHz Intel Turbo Boost <--  would this processor be ok to run 5 - 6 top leagues?

8GB DDR3 RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, 4GB DDR5

240GB SSD

 

1. Would struggle on mid-high settings

2. Processor is ancient!

Buying in Euro? I'm in Ireland - so let me know where you're buying from and I'll take a look.

Budget is a bit low for what you're after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Smurf said:

1. Would struggle on mid-high settings

2. Processor is ancient!

Buying in Euro? I'm in Ireland - so let me know where you're buying from and I'll take a look.

Budget is a bit low for what you're after.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm in Ireland.

If it makes any difference I forgot to mention they're both desktops. I had a laptop but the graphics card got fried.

600 euro is my maximum budget and it has to be a desktop.

Here are the websites I was looking at:

http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/Discounted-PC

https://www.compu-zone.ie/

Have you got any desktop recommendations that would do the job?

Cheers thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, deataigh82 said:

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm in Ireland.

If it makes any difference I forgot to mention they're both desktops. I had a laptop but the graphics card got fried.

600 euro is my maximum budget and it has to be a desktop.

Here are the websites I was looking at:

http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/Discounted-PC

https://www.compu-zone.ie/

Have you got any desktop recommendations that would do the job?

Cheers thanks

Ah right - so you have a monitor and all that?

Here's a pretty decent setup https://www.buyitdirect.ie/p/punch-technology-core-i3-9100f-8gb-1tb-hdd-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-4gb-windows-10-gaming-pc-gdt-705-1103

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deataigh82 said:

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm in Ireland.

If it makes any difference I forgot to mention they're both desktops. I had a laptop but the graphics card got fried.

600 euro is my maximum budget and it has to be a desktop.

Here are the websites I was looking at:

http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/Discounted-PC

https://www.compu-zone.ie/

Have you got any desktop recommendations that would do the job?

Cheers thanks

I'm with @Smurf on trying to get more modern tech. If you can get even an entry level CPU that was released this year it would be much better than something from 5 years ago that was then high end. If you have a clever friend (or the confidence to do it yourself) you should be able to get brand new parts within that budget. I'd suggest something like Ryzen 3 3300X, 8gb RAM (2x4gb), A320 motherboard (an MSI Max model to confirm compatibility), RX570 or GTX1650 graphics and an entry level 80+ Bronze power supply. I work that out to be approx £450 which should be less than your budget. Conceivably you might be able to find a custom builder who would make something like this for you at a bit of a premium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all. My laptop is getting on in age and I’m looking at replacing. It’s a 17inch screen so I’d like the same again. It would be predominantly used for FM and I’m willing to pay. Any recommendations? Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, robsfc said:

Hi all. My laptop is getting on in age and I’m looking at replacing. It’s a 17inch screen so I’d like the same again. It would be predominantly used for FM and I’m willing to pay. Any recommendations? Cheers

Willing to pay is subjective, £1000 is a lot to some people, but £3000 might not be a lot to some people.

If you have a budget on hand that we can work within it would be best.

Technically this is amazing https://www.box.co.uk/WYPRK-Alienware-Area-51M_2485083.html

 

This is also very good https://www.box.co.uk/2S383EAABU-HP-OMEN-17-cb1002na_2915068.html

 

And this is another https://www.box.co.uk/9S7-17F324-035-MSI-Creator-17M_2957916.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smurf said:

Willing to pay is subjective, £1000 is a lot to some people, but £3000 might not be a lot to some people.

If you have a budget on hand that we can work within it would be best.

Technically this is amazing https://www.box.co.uk/WYPRK-Alienware-Area-51M_2485083.html

 

 

That first one is insane :D 

Weighs 4kg's !!  Thats not even including the 2 power bricks you have to use that weigh more than a standard laptop :lol:

Crazy stuff.  Love it though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

That first one is insane :D 

Weighs 4kg's !!  Thats not even including the 2 power bricks you have to use that weigh more than a standard laptop :lol:

Crazy stuff.  Love it though

At least it won't blow away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any Online retailers that Price Match Currys PC World? All laptops I look at with them aren't available for delivery, Click & Collect isn't practical yet they are the cheapest when I research most models.

This is my preferred option:https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/dell-g7-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-gtx-1650-1-tb-hdd-256-gb-ssd-10193022-pdt.html

 

Pain in the arse they offer delivery on their Business to business website for exactly the same product, same price with V.A.T but under the terms and conditions of sale selling to non- business isn't allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Garethjohn79 said:

Any Online retailers that Price Match Currys PC World? All laptops I look at with them aren't available for delivery, Click & Collect isn't practical yet they are the cheapest when I research most models.

This is my preferred option:https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/dell-g7-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-gtx-1650-1-tb-hdd-256-gb-ssd-10193022-pdt.html

 

Pain in the arse they offer delivery on their Business to business website for exactly the same product, same price with V.A.T but under the terms and conditions of sale selling to non- business isn't allowed.

This is a bit cheaper and has more RAM.

https://www.box.co.uk/NH.Q87EK.004-Acer-Aspire-7-Gaming-A715-75G_2934481.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Whats the build quality like? I want something I can trust. My last Dell was well built but a bit underpowered  I don't mind paying a bit extra for a higher standard in reliability. 

 I've been lumbered with a very poor Lenovo for a few years. It wasn't great to start with rattling fan, screws loosening which are impossible to screw tight once out the hole, then the battery went that needs a PC repairman to fix  and the stupid lead is so stiff it splits meaning on on my third in 4 years.  The only redeeming factor of it was the two or three year guarantee offered by the retailer(Which I regret never taking advantage of now).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Garethjohn79 said:

Whats the build quality like? I want something I can trust. My last Dell was well built but a bit underpowered  I don't mind paying a bit extra for a higher standard in reliability. 

 I've been lumbered with a very poor Lenovo for a few years. It wasn't great to start with rattling fan, screws loosening which are impossible to screw tight once out the hole, then the battery went that needs a PC repairman to fix  and the stupid lead is so stiff it splits meaning on on my third in 4 years.  The only redeeming factor of it was the two or three year guarantee offered by the retailer(Which I regret never taking advantage of now).

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Aspire-7-A715-Laptop-Review-Acer-s-upgrade-giant-with-gaming-potential-and-long-battery-life.435242.0.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I am think about buying a new laptop where i can play fm20 with a decent sized database and around 4-5 leagues.

The latop I am looking at has a

-AMD Ryzen 5 R5 3500U processor

-2GHz processor speed with a burst speed of 3.6GHz.

-AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics card

-8gb ram

if this is not enough information then the link to the laptop is

    https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9396461?istCompanyId=a74d8886-5df9-4baa-b776-166b3bf9111c&istFeedId=c290d9a9-b5d6-423c-841d-2a559621874c&istItemId=ixwliwram&istBid=t&&cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59157%7cacid:804-627-9544%7ccid:9875483665%7cagid:105607323012%7ctid:aud-641224040817:pla-872033624626%7ccrid:431342864844%7cnw:g%7crnd:6247911558202984234%7cdvc:m%7cadp:%7cmt:%7cloc:9045747&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=9875483665&utm_term=9396461&utm_content=shopping&utm_custom1=105607323012&utm_custom2=804-627-9544&gclid=CjwKCAjw8pH3BRAXEiwA1pvMsUyI3r0kEOa1W-I_dH6swRBQsgf_F-cYldIHs10exGaDPG1qRqtnoBoCV1kQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Would really appreciate if someone looked into this and I hope this helps other people as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Smurf said:

Willing to pay is subjective, £1000 is a lot to some people, but £3000 might not be a lot to some people.

If you have a budget on hand that we can work within it would be best.

Technically this is amazing https://www.box.co.uk/WYPRK-Alienware-Area-51M_2485083.html

 

This is also very good https://www.box.co.uk/2S383EAABU-HP-OMEN-17-cb1002na_2915068.html

 

And this is another https://www.box.co.uk/9S7-17F324-035-MSI-Creator-17M_2957916.html

Cheers Smurf. Ideally like to pay around 1k so any suggestions at a slightly lower price than those above would be great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm an orthodox tight arse and my budget is nowhere near the big boys like the guys above. Ideally I wouldn't want to pay more than £400-500 (absolute max). All Iwant to play is the basic English leagues (prem/champ/l1/l2) and that'd be about it.... maybe also something I can install Microsoft Office on.... Does such a product exist? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ryano said:

I'm an orthodox tight arse and my budget is nowhere near the big boys like the guys above. Ideally I wouldn't want to pay more than £400-500 (absolute max). All Iwant to play is the basic English leagues (prem/champ/l1/l2) and that'd be about it.... maybe also something I can install Microsoft Office on.... Does such a product exist? 

https://www.box.co.uk/82C50075UK-Lenovo-V15_2860909.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi fellow FM’ers.

Looking to get myself a new bit of kit so hoping for some guidance from those more tech than me.

In terms of budget Im around the £550-£650 mark.

Primary use is FM (dont play games on laptop other than that) alongside the usual bit of excel/word, net surfing etc. In terms of FM I usually play with around 6-8 countries open to some degree depending on my save idea, and would like ‘reasonable’ 3D graphics if I can fit it in.

Happy to go to very top of budget if its good bang for buck. I could maybe stretch it by £50 if it made a real difference.

Thoughts/suggestions really welcome please.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, craigdrfc said:

Hi fellow FM’ers.

Looking to get myself a new bit of kit so hoping for some guidance from those more tech than me.

In terms of budget Im around the £550-£650 mark.

Primary use is FM (dont play games on laptop other than that) alongside the usual bit of excel/word, net surfing etc. In terms of FM I usually play with around 6-8 countries open to some degree depending on my save idea, and would like ‘reasonable’ 3D graphics if I can fit it in.

Happy to go to very top of budget if its good bang for buck. I could maybe stretch it by £50 if it made a real difference.

Thoughts/suggestions really welcome please.

Thanks.

https://www.box.co.uk/FX505DD-BQ121T-ASUS-TUF-FX505DD-BQ121T_2902781.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello,

I found a laptop for about £830 and it's a  DELL G5 Gaming Laptop 15 5587- Core I7 Laptop 15.6 Inch 8 GB RAM 1TB HDD+128GB SSD and its specs are as follows:

  • Intel Core i7-8750H (2.2-4.1 GHz, up to 4.1 GHz in Turbo-boost mode, 6 Cores)
  • 15.6 ” IPS screen with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels Displays
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 1 TB HDD + 128 GB SSD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, (4 GB)
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac and Bluetooth 5.0
  • 3x USB 3.0
  • 1x HDMI
  • Headphone / microphone combo jack connectors
  • 4-cell battery
  • Windows 10 Home
  • 1 Year Warranty.

Will this be okay to run at least 12-17 nations on a large database in FM20?

Thank you.

Edited by obasa_G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, obasa_G said:

Hello,

I found a laptop for about £830 and it's a  DELL G5 Gaming Laptop 15 5587- Core I7 Laptop 15.6 Inch 8 GB RAM 1TB HDD+128GB SSD and its specs are as follows:

  • Intel Core i7-8750H (2.2-4.1 GHz, up to 4.1 GHz in Turbo-boost mode, 6 Cores)
  • 15.6 ” IPS screen with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels Displays
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 1 TB HDD + 128 GB SSD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, (4 GB)
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac and Bluetooth 5.0
  • 3x USB 3.0
  • 1x HDMI
  • Headphone / microphone combo jack connectors
  • 4-cell battery
  • Windows 10 Home
  • 1 Year Warranty.

Will this be okay to run at least 12-17 nations on a large database in FM20?

Thank you.

https://www.box.co.uk/9S7-16R412-049-MSI-GF63-Thin_2934806.html

 

 

Edited by Smurf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, obasa_G said:

Thank you for the recommendation. I want to ask though, do they ship to Nigeria?

I have no idea.

59 minutes ago, obasa_G said:

Also, in the event that I won't be able to get the laptop you recommended, will the laptop I previously recommended suffice?

Yes it would be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi 

apologies in advance if it’s not In the correct section , I am a newbie to the forum 😀
 

I was playing the game on a Lenovo dual core intel celeron 2.4 ghz processor for just pass the time play. I am just wondering if it will play any better on an intel i5 processor 
 

I am not to phased by the graphics more so the the speed of processing I.e day to day on the Celeron , it was terribly slow with one league loaded 
 

Thanks In advance 😃

This is the spec 

    • PROCESSOR NAME

      Intel® Core™ i5-2430M Processor

    • POWER AND PERFORMANCE

      with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology, HT Technology Supported

    • PROCESSOR SPEED (GHZ)

      2.40 with Turbo Boost up to 3.00

    • L3 CACHE (MB)

      3
       

    • Ram 8gb

  • intel hd 3000 (graphics)
     

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nathans22 said:

Hi 

apologies in advance if it’s not In the correct section , I am a newbie to the forum 😀
 

I was playing the game on a Lenovo dual core intel celeron 2.4 ghz processor for just pass the time play. I am just wondering if it will play any better on an intel i5 processor 
 

I am not to phased by the graphics more so the the speed of processing I.e day to day on the Celeron , it was terribly slow with one league loaded 
 

Thanks In advance 😃

This is the spec 

    • PROCESSOR NAME

      Intel® Core™ i5-2430M Processor

    • POWER AND PERFORMANCE

      with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology, HT Technology Supported

    • PROCESSOR SPEED (GHZ)

      2.40 with Turbo Boost up to 3.00

    • L3 CACHE (MB)

      3
       

    • Ram 8gb

  • intel hd 3000 (graphics)
     

 

 

 

 

 

 

This laptop is nearly a decade old and would likely be slower than a modern celeron. It would run FM but it will be a poor experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just upgraded my cpu and gpu to i7 9700k and a rtx 2070 and 32gb 3200mhz ram and it is installed on a 1tb XPG SX 8200 nvme drive and i have done this because i am tired of having to upgrade components after 1-2 years so i had the next 5 years in mind for football manager so i just want some other opinions to make sure that my setup will be good for the next 4-5 years 

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jckc221013jamie said:

I have just upgraded my cpu and gpu to i7 9700k and a rtx 2070 and 32gb 3200mhz ram and it is installed on a 1tb XPG SX 8200 nvme drive and i have done this because i am tired of having to upgrade components after 1-2 years so i had the next 5 years in mind for football manager so i just want some other opinions to make sure that my setup will be good for the next 4-5 years 

Thanks

 

no reason you won't get 10 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Smurf said:

no reason you won't get 10 years. 

Oh wow that's me happy then thank you mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at an iMac (Below) for the first time. I like to play with a lot of leagues loaded and a large database, would this iMac be able to cope with this? I’ve seen some comments about iMacs overheating etc so if anyone has any experience of playing FM on an iMac I’d like to hear your views.

Also, I assume I’ll be able to convert previous saves over from my laptop using a memory stick?

thanks

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/desktop-pcs/desktop-pcs/apple-imac-4k-21-5-2019-intel-core-i3-1-tb-hdd-10187947-pdt.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...