Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Smurf

New Laptop/PC Advice -Please Read the Opening Post

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, RaoulDuke44 said:

You can overclock Ryzen too.

I think most of us run more leagues, in the long run Ryzen is definitely better.

As said - depends on how you play the game. 

You don't know what people run - most or not - we can't generalise. 

I don't think the Ryzen is better - I'm torn on it - but we're only comparing the Ryzen to the i3 - so lets not get bogged down here.

The user wanted something under £1000 - and going to the Ryzen would have brought that above the £1000.

I was keeping in budget and giving an awesome FM experience. 

Whether or not the Ryzen is slightly better or not was not a deciding factor in the selection. 

But I still maintain that I believe the i3 would be better in this instance.

Anyway - ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RaoulDuke44 said:

You can overclock Ryzen too.

I think most of us run more leagues, in the long run Ryzen is definitely better.

Not as well as that i3 though

Ryzen logically should run FM better but it just doesn't and the benchmark thread bares this out albeit with a very small sample size

Most people do indeed run more leagues but very few run in full detail I would wager 

The long and short of it is that its hard to recommend Ryzen purely for FM, at the moment at least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Not as well as that i3 though

Ryzen logically should run FM better but it just doesn't and the benchmark thread bares this out albeit with a very small sample size

Most people do indeed run more leagues but very few run in full detail I would wager 

The long and short of it is that its hard to recommend Ryzen purely for FM, at the moment at least

Still, its maybe 5% difference.

Edited by RaoulDuke44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's gone way off topic here. The lad has his options either the i3 or the Ryzen - the difference is minimal. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, nick91188 said:

No way to tell it only gives it as an i5 without any model number.

And it only has 4gb RAM you'd have to get more RAM to at least 8gb.

SO no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My brother  is after an new laptop and wondered if this will be ok for Fm as he gets big discount in Dell via Work https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/laptops-notebooks-and-2-in-1-laptops/new-xps-13/spd/xps-13-7390-laptop/cnx73904

Processor Base Frequency 1.80 GHz
  1  
Up to Turbo Frequency 4.90 GHz

 

Edited by zakbrown96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

My brother  is after an new laptop and wondered if this will be ok for Fm as he gets big discount in Dell via Work https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/laptops-notebooks-and-2-in-1-laptops/new-xps-13/spd/xps-13-7390-laptop/cnx73904

Processor Base Frequency 1.80 GHz
  1  
Up to Turbo Frequency 4.90 GHz

 

https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/gaming-and-games/dell-g5-15-gaming-laptop/spd/g-series-15-5590-laptop/cng5538

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kentuckyblue said:

are those £50 more really worth it?

No I just posted it for a laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Smurf said:

No I just posted it for a laugh.

:D

Harsh but fair, literally spat my coffee out in work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping for some laptop advice please! 

I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) that came with a 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, 4gb Ram and a 500gb SD. I have since replaced the 4gb ram with Crucial CT8G3S160BM 16 GB Kit (8 GB x 2) and swapped out the SD for a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD. I swapped both out a couple of years ago to run FM faster but only noticed a bit of difference and if I remember correctly the star rating for computer performance didn't improve afterwards.

I've been running around 90,000 players in FM19 at a 1 star rating and don't want the game to run as slowly for FM20. It seems to take an age to reload the transfer, loan or shortlist page after I click into a player and come back out. between games can seem slow as well. I only play in 2d classic. 

is there anything else I can do to improve my Mac performance other than what I've already done? 

Thank you for any suggestions you can give. 

 

Edited by Brighton123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brighton123 said:

Hoping for some laptop advice please! 

I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) that came with a 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, 4gb Ram and a 500gb SD. I have since replaced the 4gb ram with Crucial CT8G3S160BM 16 GB Kit (8 GB x 2) and swapped out the SD for a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD. I swapped both out a couple of years ago to run FM faster but only noticed a bit of difference and if I remember correctly the star rating for computer performance didn't improve afterwards.

I've been running around 90,000 players in FM19 at a 1 star rating and don't want the game to run as slowly for FM20. It seems to take an age to reload the transfer, loan or shortlist page after I click into a player and come back out. between games can seem slow as well. I only play in 2d classic. 

is there anything else I can do to improve my Mac performance other than what I've already done? 

Thank you for any suggestions you can give. 

 

No, not really, as the processor is the most important part for FM to run faster, and I'm not sure how easy it is to replace the processor in a Macbook, or whether alternate processors would even be compatible with it. As it's a 7 year old laptop with a processor single-core speed of only just over the minimum requirements for FM, at this point your main choice would be "Am I going to buy a new Windows laptop, or another MacBook?".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Brighton123 said:

Hoping for some laptop advice please! 

I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) that came with a 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, 4gb Ram and a 500gb SD. I have since replaced the 4gb ram with Crucial CT8G3S160BM 16 GB Kit (8 GB x 2) and swapped out the SD for a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD. I swapped both out a couple of years ago to run FM faster but only noticed a bit of difference and if I remember correctly the star rating for computer performance didn't improve afterwards.

I've been running around 90,000 players in FM19 at a 1 star rating and don't want the game to run as slowly for FM20. It seems to take an age to reload the transfer, loan or shortlist page after I click into a player and come back out. between games can seem slow as well. I only play in 2d classic. 

is there anything else I can do to improve my Mac performance other than what I've already done? 

Thank you for any suggestions you can give. 

 

Search your Mac Serial Number 

It should give you recommended upgrades in the bottom right.

 

18 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

No, not really, as the processor is the most important part for FM to run faster, and I'm not sure how easy it is to replace the processor in a Macbook, or whether alternate processors would even be compatible with it. As it's a 7 year old laptop with a processor single-core speed of only just over the minimum requirements for FM, at this point your main choice would be "Am I going to buy a new Windows laptop, or another MacBook?".

Perxactly.

17 hours ago, Mr Tom said:

Can a 9400f and GT 1030, run FM for a few years(well).

I'm sure it can - how well though is another question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm assuming my laptop will be fine.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

Intel® HD Graphics 630

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

32GB RAM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Harper said:

I'm assuming my laptop will be fine.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

Intel® HD Graphics 630

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

32GB RAM

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having played FM on my work Macbook in recent years, my employer has new 'locked down' my latest machine (the swines!) so I'm in the market for a budget second laptop to play FM and do some photo-editing. Aiming to spend under £400 and am realistic in my expectations not to have the speediest experience playing FM.

So far, this is the best option I've found: https://www.ebuyer.com/901659-lenovo-v155-15api-amd-ryzen-5-3500u-8gb-256gb-ssd-15-6-inch-full-hd-81v50008uk#

Thoughts? Appreciate any second, third, etc. opinions on this and any alternatives?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2019 at 22:51, JordanMillward_1 said:

No, not really, as the processor is the most important part for FM to run faster, and I'm not sure how easy it is to replace the processor in a Macbook, or whether alternate processors would even be compatible with it. As it's a 7 year old laptop with a processor single-core speed of only just over the minimum requirements for FM, at this point your main choice would be "Am I going to buy a new Windows laptop, or another MacBook?".

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by 'a processor single-core speed'? Is that my i7 processor just being really old? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dozzie said:

Having played FM on my work Macbook in recent years, my employer has new 'locked down' my latest machine (the swines!) so I'm in the market for a budget second laptop to play FM and do some photo-editing. Aiming to spend under £400 and am realistic in my expectations not to have the speediest experience playing FM.

So far, this is the best option I've found: https://www.ebuyer.com/901659-lenovo-v155-15api-amd-ryzen-5-3500u-8gb-256gb-ssd-15-6-inch-full-hd-81v50008uk#

Thoughts? Appreciate any second, third, etc. opinions on this and any alternatives?

So Macbooks start at £1000 approx. What makes you think a laptop for £400 will get you anywhere near the same performance?

You'd really have to double your budget if you're photo editing and the likes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

looking to to move away from FMT to give the full version a try. I therefore need to buy a laptop, but obviously don’t want to be spending a fortune as I won’t be using it for any other gaming.

 

anyone able to tell me if the full version with work on this.... Wasn’t sure with it being a 2 in 1.

 

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-c340-14-intel-pentium-2-in-1-laptop-128-gb-ssd-blue-10193437-pdt.html

 

any other recommendations would be most appreciated if not.

 

thanks in advance

Edited by Derbylad82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brighton123 said:

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by 'a processor single-core speed'? Is that my i7 processor just being really old? 

Processors nowadays have multiple cores, each of which can work independently for running a program or together to run it more efficiently. FM mainly uses a single core to run, and so it is single core speed that is the most important.

Your i7 processor is over 7 years old, and runs (from what you said) at 2.3GHz. The minimum requirements for FM now are a 2.2GHz processor, so your processor only just meets the requirements. This means that it will not run FM very quickly, as FM is a very processor-intensive game (due to all the calculations and data the game carries out), and it is difficult to replace the processor of a laptop at the best of times, and Apple computers can be very picky over what hardware is compatible with their systems.

As your older Macbook will likely not support more modern, and usually faster, processors, your only option would be to replace the Macbook with a newer one, if you wanted to run the game faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Derbylad82 said:

Hi guys,

 

looking to to move away from FMT to give the full version a try. I therefore need to buy a laptop, but obviously don’t want to be spending a fortune as I won’t be using it for any other gaming.

 

anyone able to tell me if the full version with work on this.... Wasn’t sure with it being a 2 in 1.

 

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-c340-14-intel-pentium-2-in-1-laptop-128-gb-ssd-blue-10193437-pdt.html

 

any other recommendations would be most appreciated if not.

 

thanks in advance

I can't guarantee that laptop would run the game (the processor is only just over minimum specs, and no info on what sort of graphics card/chip it uses is included). Those sorts of laptops are really only for word processing, Netflix, etc, not running processor-intensive games.

You won't find much that'll run FM well for under approx £600, unless you find something in a sale.

Cheaper examples that would run the full game well are: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1690000

This one would run it decently enough too, though the first one is better: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9174243

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I can't guarantee that laptop would run the game (the processor is only just over minimum specs, and no info on what sort of graphics card/chip it uses is included). Those sorts of laptops are really only for word processing, Netflix, etc, not running processor-intensive games.

You won't find much that'll run FM well for under approx £600, unless you find something in a sale.

Cheaper examples that would run the full game well are: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1690000

This one would run it decently enough too, though the first one is better: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9174243

Thanks for coming back to me. 

 

I believe is has a Intel UHD 610 graphics. 

 

I only every load one league, so my expectations are never high. I used to have a Toshiba satellite laptop that only cost me £299 new and that ran FM fine. I know these gaming laptops will obviously run faster, but are they really necessary u think? Hard to justify £600+ for just one game, as I wouldn't be playing any other games at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

 

As your older Macbook will likely not support more modern, and usually faster, processors, your only option would be to replace the Macbook with a newer one, if you wanted to run the game faster.

The processor requirments on the Mac Os are a little lower - so it should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smurf said:

The processor requirments on the Mac Os are a little lower - so it should be fine.

He was asking what he could do to make it faster than it is currently though. The answer to that (given I just looked it up, and you can't change the processor in a Macbook Pro) is to buy a new laptop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, russellthaw said:

What do you recommend £1000 limit and want to be able to run a few countries for a large DB. Where is good to get a new laptop?

Will you be wanting to use it for other games, or just for FM and general internet stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Will you be wanting to use it for other games, or just for FM and general internet stuff?

Just FM for gaming and then just fir general use 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

He was asking what he could do to make it faster than it is currently though. The answer to that (given I just looked it up, and you can't change the processor in a Macbook Pro) is to buy a new laptop.

But your response to it was geared towards a PC user - it's 2.2ghz for PC's on a mac it's 1.8ghz- for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, russellthaw said:

What do you recommend £1000 limit and want to be able to run a few countries for a large DB. Where is good to get a new laptop?

I'd be looking at either of these

https://www.box.co.uk/9S7-17F212-252-16GB-MSI-GF75-Thin-9SC_2759297.html

https://www.box.co.uk/G531GU-AL315T-ASUS-ROG-Strix-G531GU-AL315T_2601655.html

 

It will really come down to minute details - like battery life - MSI is not recognised as having great battery life (when the laptop not plugged in and how long the battery lasts).

They're roughly the same weight and things like that.

One is 17 inch screen the other is 15 inch etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smurf said:

I'd be looking at either of these

https://www.box.co.uk/9S7-17F212-252-16GB-MSI-GF75-Thin-9SC_2759297.html

https://www.box.co.uk/G531GU-AL315T-ASUS-ROG-Strix-G531GU-AL315T_2601655.html

 

It will really come down to minute details - like battery life - MSI is not recognised as having great battery life (when the laptop not plugged in and how long the battery lasts).

They're roughly the same weight and things like that.

One is 17 inch screen the other is 15 inch etc.

 

Excellent thanks for the advice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Smurf said:

So Macbooks start at £1000 approx. What makes you think a laptop for £400 will get you anywhere near the same performance?

You'd really have to double your budget if you're photo editing and the likes. 

I don’t think a £400 windows machine will give me the same performance. I literally said the opposite in my post. 🙄

I comfortably ran Lightroom/Photoshop on a fairly budget desktop PC 7-8 years ago with much lower spec than the laptop I linked to, so for my Photo uses I’m reasonably confident of the performance. Was just looking for a second opinion on what I’d found more for projected FM performance seeing as I’ve not played on a Windows machine for 5-6 years. Nevermind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dozzie said:

I don’t think a £400 windows machine will give me the same performance. I literally said the opposite in my post. 🙄

I comfortably ran Lightroom/Photoshop on a fairly budget desktop PC 7-8 years ago with much lower spec than the laptop I linked to, so for my Photo uses I’m reasonably confident of the performance. Was just looking for a second opinion on what I’d found more for projected FM performance seeing as I’ve not played on a Windows machine for 5-6 years. Nevermind.

I sincerely doubt that you did - I'm a graphic designer by trade and I know a laptop with those specs would struggle with the apps you are looking at running.

I gave my honest opinion - you won't be able to run the programmes you want - let alone Football Manager to the degree you need.

You need to seriously up your budget to about double.

You're looking at LEAST this https://www.box.co.uk/Lenovo-Legion-Y530-15ICH_2759772.html

I realise now my reply might have come across as harsh - but here's the truth of it - I constantly have people say they bought a laptop for £300/400 and it was pure garbage, and rightly so. The next sentence out of their mouth is that they bought a Mac and it's AMAZING! 

Truth of it is - if you spend that money on a Laptop or a PC you get a far superior product than the Mac. 

That's why - when I see the posts that they Mac they had is no longer usable and they post to posts detailing a laptop for £300/400 and ask if it will be good enough - I literally roll my eyes and say "here we go again".

 

Honestly -- trying to help you - I've written a reply to almost every single query on this thread - which is a lot! And the same questions come up again and again and again.

Put it you this way - buy cheap and you'll buy twice.

Edited by Smurf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, 

 

I don't have the in depth knowledge of what to look for when it come to a good spec. Therefore is there an easy guide for me to keep an eye out for with regards to a half decent graphic cards and processor speeds that I should be looking for when buying a laptop for FM. 

 

 

Edited by Derbylad82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Derbylad82 said:

Hi guys, 

 

I don't have the in depth knowledge of what to look for when it come to a good spec. Therefore is there an easy guide for me to keep an eye out for with regards to a half decent graphic cards and processor speeds that I should be looking for when buying a laptop for FM. 

 

 

As per thread title - read the opening post. Most importantly - what's your budget and expectations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I can't guarantee that laptop would run the game (the processor is only just over minimum specs, and no info on what sort of graphics card/chip it uses is included). Those sorts of laptops are really only for word processing, Netflix, etc, not running processor-intensive games.

You won't find much that'll run FM well for under approx £600, unless you find something in a sale.

Cheaper examples that would run the full game well are: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1690000

This one would run it decently enough too, though the first one is better: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9174243

Thanks for this, out of interest to help me gauge a better understanding in what to look for. What advantages does the first one have over the second one to why you say it is better?

 

which would you say is better out off these 2 below for FM20

 

1. https://www.box.co.uk/FX505DY-BQ008T-ASUS-TUF-FX505DY-BQ008T_2440064.html#DetailTop

 

2. https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1690000

 

Is a RX560 better or worse than a GTX1050 ?

Edited by Derbylad82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of tablet do I need to play the full version of Football Manager (2020)? Can't find it anywhere after multiple extensive Google searches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Derbylad82 said:

Thanks for this, out of interest to help me gauge a better understanding in what to look for. What advantages does the first one have over the second one to why you say it is better?

which would you say is better out off these 2 below for FM20

1. https://www.box.co.uk/FX505DY-BQ008T-ASUS-TUF-FX505DY-BQ008T_2440064.html#DetailTop

2. https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1690000

Is a RX560 better or worse than a GTX1050 ?

The processor is better in the 2nd product. 

Processor.thumb.PNG.a8521441c293520ec9ed1c5281eeaa78.PNG

The graphics cards are much the same - 

graphics.thumb.PNG.b8cc8cabeec0210f48c4d2fb3d979a37.PNG

10 hours ago, Sophomore said:

What kind of tablet do I need to play the full version of Football Manager (2020)? Can't find it anywhere after multiple extensive Google searches. 

Surface Pro probably would be the best bet - but instead of spending all that money on a system that will run it at a mediocre level, why not spend all that money on a kickass laptop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Derbylad82 said:

Thanks for this, out of interest to help me gauge a better understanding in what to look for. What advantages does the first one have over the second one to why you say it is better?

 

which would you say is better out off these 2 below for FM20

 

1. https://www.box.co.uk/FX505DY-BQ008T-ASUS-TUF-FX505DY-BQ008T_2440064.html#DetailTop

 

2. https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1690000

 

Is a RX560 better or worse than a GTX1050 ?

The first one I posted was better than the second because, although AMD's Ryzen processors are good with many games because of their multiple cores, the Intel processor in the first one has higher individual core processor speeds, which is what is most important for FM to run well.

With the ones you posted, as @Smurf said, the processor in the 2nd one is better for FM (it has higher single core processing speeds), and the graphics cards are broadly comparable to each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered a new PC (it's been 7 years since the last one...)

Ryzen 5 3600 and 16GB RAM @3000Mhz should keep me going for a long while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

The first one I posted was better than the second because, although AMD's Ryzen processors are good with many games because of their multiple cores, the Intel processor in the first one has higher individual core processor speeds, which is what is most important for FM to run well.

With the ones you posted, as @Smurf said, the processor in the 2nd one is better for FM (it has higher single core processing speeds), and the graphics cards are broadly comparable to each other.

So the higher the GHz in the processor, the better it is to run FM well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sophomore said:

What kind of tablet do I need to play the full version of Football Manager (2020)? Can't find it anywhere after multiple extensive Google searches. 

I've got one of these, can't praise it enough weighs like 600 grams, lightest Windows tablet you can get but you will have to dial down the amount of leagues and the 3D.  It's my lifeline on my daily commute.

Other than that you're looking at Microsoft Surface or any top of the range Windows tablet really but even they will need the 3D dialled down

Any of these should do it bar the Surface Go 

You'll need to taper your expectations though, any tablet will heat up and throttle pretty quickly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Derbylad82 said:

So the higher the GHz in the processor, the better it is to run FM well?

Ideally, yes. It's not always that simple, but you can't really go wrong with a higher GHz processor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

I've got one of these, can't praise it enough weighs like 600 grams, lightest Windows tablet you can get but you will have to dial down the amount of leagues and the 3D.  It's my lifeline on my daily commute.

Other than that you're looking at Microsoft Surface or any top of the range Windows tablet really but even they will need the 3D dialled down

Any of these should do it bar the Surface Go 

You'll need to taper your expectations though, any tablet will heat up and throttle pretty quickly

The surface laptop 3 in 15inch sounds interesting as has an dedicated AMD Ryzen 5 processor and graphics Radeon™ Vega 9 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, so a bit of a novice to buying a computer here (beyond way below spec machines) budget in the region of £1000 give or take with the aim of a long term investment in a laptop for FM and Photo editing. Would prefer a 17 inch screen but can go smaller. Not too concerned about battery life. 
 

any thoughts on the below

 
Chassis & Display
Cosmos Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD IPS 60Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 9750H (2.6GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 - 3.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive
500GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
External Hard Drive
2TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim External HDD, USB 3.0, Black
Memory Card Reader
Integrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor
1 x 120W AC Adaptor
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
Battery
Cosmos VIII Series 4 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal Paste
COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
Sound Card
2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema
Bluetooth & Wireless
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
1 x USB 3.1 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard Language
MULTI COLOUR BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
Microsoft® Office 365 Home Premium (12 Month Subscription - Digital Key)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Notebook Mouse
INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam
INTEGRATED 1MP HD WEBCAM
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 4 to 6 working days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, GuitarMan said:

Hi all, so a bit of a novice to buying a computer here (beyond way below spec machines) budget in the region of £1000 give or take with the aim of a long term investment in a laptop for FM and Photo editing. Would prefer a 17 inch screen but can go smaller. Not too concerned about battery life. 
 

any thoughts on the below

That'll run FM19 and 20 really well, and I imagine it'll be fine for a few years yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...