New Laptop/PC Advice -Please Read the Opening Post

https://www.jacamo.co.uk/shop/lenovo-yoga-slim-7-14-laptop-ryzen-5-8gb-256gb/gn107/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=3016&optionColour=Slate+Grey

Looking at this laptop. Games wise it'll be used for FM21 only and otherwise general use etc. 

Should be more than good enough to run FM21 in 2D right? Obviously we don't know the specs of the game just yet but it'll be in the same ballpark as FM20. 

Edited by craigcwwe

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Bayern Bru said:

Thanks @Smurf - would Laptop 1 run relatively comfortably still? 

The base speed is well below minimum spec. It would have to be run in cool conditions - and I'd just say it's not worth the risk.

1 minute ago, craigcwwe said:

https://www.jacamo.co.uk/shop/lenovo-yoga-slim-7-14-laptop-ryzen-5-8gb-256gb/gn107/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=3016&optionColour=Slate+Grey

Looking at this laptop. Games wise it'll be used for FM21 and otherwise general use etc. 

Should be more than good enough to run FM21 right? Obviously we don't know the specs of the game just yet but it'll be in the same ballpark as FM20. 

Yep, should be good assuming FM21 has similar requirements to FM20.

9 minutes ago, Smurf said:

The base speed is well below minimum spec. It would have to be run in cool conditions - and I'd just say it's not worth the risk.

Ok great, thanks for your help @Smurf - I live up in Scotland so it will probably get cold enough :eek: but I will play it safe and go for laptop 2 anyways lol!

Chassis & Display
Fusion Pro Series: 14" Matte Full HD sRGB 100% LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen™ 5 Six Core Processor 4600H (3.0GHz, 4.0GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (1 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
AMD® Radeon™ RX Vega 6 – 1,500 MHz, 6 Core (with Ryzen 5 4600H)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
AC Adaptor
1 x 90W AC Adaptor
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
Battery
Fusion Series Integrated 46WH Lithium Ion Battery

Got this saved, but still looking.  Not sure whether to wait until the R7 is back in stock later this month (apparently).

14 minutes ago, Stu1892 said:

Got this saved, but still looking.  Not sure whether to wait until the R7 is back in stock later this month (apparently).

Which Ryzen 7 were you looking at?  And what would the other specs and prices of both be?

Looking at the benchmarks of this Ryzen 5, it is a very strong CPU and I can't imagine the Ryzen 7 being a particularly large upgrade.

14 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Which Ryzen 7 were you looking at?  And what would the other specs and prices of both be?

Looking at the benchmarks of this Ryzen 5, it is a very strong CPU and I can't imagine the Ryzen 7 being a particularly large upgrade.

Thanks Kev.
This is £742

And before the R7 was unavailable i think i was looking a £880ish.

1 minute ago, Stu1892 said:

Thanks Kev.
This is £742

And before the R7 was unavailable i think i was looking a £880ish.

Do you know specifically which Ryzen 7 CPU was in that machine, or do you have a link to the listing (even if out of stock)?

Edited by kevhamster

8 minutes ago, Stu1892 said:

4800H.  I've just updated the quote unfortunately.  

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-4800H-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-4600H/m1032976vsm1110331

Ok, this does show that the Ryzen 7 does have stronger performance than the Ryzen 5.  The 5 is still decent though, and would still be an excellent choice for FM.  Not sure what else you'd be doing with the computer as you've not stated.

What I would say, is if the extra cost is affordable and you don't mind the wait, then the Ryzen 7 is a better overall choice, but you'd still be fine with the Ryzen 5 for FM.

Edited by kevhamster
Added further comment

1 hour ago, Bayern Bru said:

Ok great, thanks for your help @Smurf - I live up in Scotland so it will probably get cold enough :eek: but I will play it safe and go for laptop 2 anyways lol!

So unfortunately thats out of stock - annoying! How about this one:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-swift-3-14-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-1-tb-ssd-silver-10208152-pdt.html

20 hours ago, Fola said:

Okay thanks for letting me know. I think I will do that- start from stratch! Can you buy more RAM? Is that possible?

Yes! and cheaply ... easiest way is to go to crucial website and use their checker.. it will tell you exactly what you need and what you can get... ideally you will want to match the ram you already have though, so yeah. 8gb is definitely a bottleneck at this point and almost certainly will be for fm21.

9 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Traditionally, you would say Intel because of their single core performance, but that's not necessarily quite so true these days.

With these two CPU's specifically though, I'd go for the Ryzen.  The Intel scores marginally higher in single core performance (which is the biggest factor in FM, but it is a marginal difference), but the Ryzen has more cores and more threads so you will see a stronger overall performance from the Ryzen.

9 hours ago, Smurf said:

image.thumb.png.87860cb470ec22884070202c2e25e06a.png

image.thumb.png.c888c9a10bab38979bd50e6a1bd32403.png

The Ryzen would be better I would think.

thanks😀 msi bravo 15 it is.

Hi, I'm currently looking for a new laptop and am torn between an Asus zenbook with an i7 10510u processor or a matebook 14 with a ryzen 7 4800H.
Which cpu would be better suited for the fm? Could there be problems with a CPU? 
Thanks for your help

2 hours ago, Doenerkeks said:

Hi, I'm currently looking for a new laptop and am torn between an Asus zenbook with an i7 10510u processor or a matebook 14 with a ryzen 7 4800H.
Which cpu would be better suited for the fm? Could there be problems with a CPU? 
Thanks for your help

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-10510U-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-4800H/m891469vsm1032976

This would suggest that the Ryzen is a much better option.

On 02/10/2020 at 08:53, kevhamster said:

Traditionally, you would say Intel because of their single core performance, but that's not necessarily quite so true these days.

With these two CPU's specifically though, I'd go for the Ryzen.  The Intel scores marginally higher in single core performance (which is the biggest factor in FM, but it is a marginal difference), but the Ryzen has more cores and more threads so you will see a stronger overall performance from the Ryzen.

What if it it was only really for fm? Still Ryzen for the extra cores, to help with a bigger database?
or intel?

On 01/10/2020 at 18:59, kevhamster said:

Hi mate.

If FM is the only game you play, then a dedicated graphics card really isn't needed, especially if you only play in 2D.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8114448

That should suit your needs perfectly.  It'll be able to play FM at the level you've described really nicely, and the integrated graphics will be good enough if you do want to play in 3D at any point.

Hi @kevhamster. After originally saying I’d prefer to get the laptop through Argos, it turns out I can buy from elsewhere now, so is the above still my best option for the £600-£700 price range?

Just a reminder that I only need it for playing FM, connecting to a work server via Remote Desktop and general browsing. I’m fine with 2D only. 5-6 leagues would be good.

Cheers.

Quick question, I'm currently using ASUS VivoBook at work and have been wondering whether it would run FM at all? My first thought was that it most probably won't, but if I could run at least a few leagues and watch matches in 2D, without it catching on fire, I'd definitely install FM. :D

Specs:

• Intel Pentium Silver N5000 @ 1.10 GHz
  • 4GB RAM
  • Intel UHD Graphics 605

Thanks!

Hello people! I’m looking for a new laptop to run fm 21 when it comes out.I have a budget of a grand and I only run it on 2D.I was looking at the following:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-nitro-5-an517-17-3-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-rtx-2060-256-gb-ssd-10206002-pdt.html

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/msi-gf65-thin-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-rtx-2060-256-gb-ssd-10205333-pdt.html

If you have any other suggestions for the best I can get with my budget,I’d appreciate it.Cheers!

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Zemahh said:

Quick question, I'm currently using ASUS VivoBook at work and have been wondering whether it would run FM at all? My first thought was that it most probably won't, but if I could run at least a few leagues and watch matches in 2D, without it catching on fire, I'd definitely install FM. :D

Specs:

• Intel Pentium Silver N5000 @ 1.10 GHz
  • 4GB RAM
  • Intel UHD Graphics 605

Thanks!

Technically below min spec, it might work but likely very slowly

17 minutes ago, EdL said:

Technically below min spec, it might work but likely very slowly

I have run on a similar spec laptop, and it comes very highly unrecommended. It was one of the most painful gaming experiences I have had... (although I did only have 2GB RAM, im not sure that was the real difference in performance :D) 

Dear all, 

What you think about this laptop? 

Model 81W4006PSC
Product IdeaPad 3 15ARE05
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 4500U (6C / 6T, 2.3 / 4.0GHz, 3MB L2 / 8MB L3)
Graphics Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics
Chipset AMD SoC Platform
Memory 4GB Soldered DDR4-2666 + 4GB SO-DIMM DDR4-2666
Storage 512GB SSD M.2 2242 PCIe NVMe 3.0x2
Display 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) TN 220nits Anti-glare
Touchscreen None
Optical None
Media Reader 4-in-1 Card Reader
Ethernet None
WLAN + Bluetooth 11ac, 2x2 + BT5.0
Case Material PC / ABS
Camera 0.3MP
Microphone 2x, Array
Color Platinum Grey
Surface Treatment IMR
Keyboard Non-backlit
Fingerprint Reader Touch Style
TPM FW TPM 2.0
Battery Integrated 35Wh
Power Adapter 65W Round Tip
Operating System Windows 10 Home 64

Should I buy this? 

Smurf as always thank you

what do you think to run multiple leagues with absolute ease and decent graphics on FM

https://www.dell.com/en-ie/shop/laptops/new-inspiron-15-5000/spd/inspiron-15-5501-laptop/cn55107

Processor
 More Info
10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 Processor (8MB Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)
ideo Card
Intel® Iris Plus Graphics with shared graphics memory
Display
 More Info
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED Backlight Non-Touch Narrow Border WVA Display
Memory
 More Info
16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 3200MHz
Hard Drive
 More Info
512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive

Hello, I'm looking to buy a laptop primarily to play FM. I've researched everything about specs so it will most certaily be the one with ryzen 4500/4700u processor. But my main doubt is - do I save more money and buy a laptop with the touchscreen? Does it even work with FM? I googled it but nothing comes up (except FM Touch)

90% of the time I play FM I'm in bed so just taping my fingers on the screen and not bothering with touchpad would really be ejoyable but I'm not even sure it's compatible... 

Does anyone have any experience with it? I'd be really thankful if someone could explain

On 29/09/2020 at 15:20, kevhamster said:

https://www.box.co.uk/ASUS-ZenBook-Flip-14-UM462DA-AI037T_2579387.html

Based on specs, this would, although not sure if this is what you're looking for as the keyboard isn't detachable. but kinda flips to the back of the device. 

You are getting into serious money before you have a machine of this type really viable for FM.

You would honestly be better off looking at a pure laptop, unless there is a specific reason you need the touchscreen function.  You could get an equivalent specced pure laptop at £200 or more less than the cost of this.

Would also like to use it to show analysis of game footage / training aids - game squads in real life sport hence the portability of the tablet type. 

used to do that part on an ipad, but after losing it and my laptop being old I would like to try and combine both

On 03/10/2020 at 13:48, Mr Tom said:

What if it it was only really for fm? Still Ryzen for the extra cores, to help with a bigger database?
or intel?

I'd still go with the Ryzen.  The other side of it is that the Ryzen chips generally have much stronger integrated graphics than the intels, so you will get a better performance of the 3D match engine without the need for a dedicated graphics card.  And the difference in single core performance is so nominal, that it just makes sense to go with that CPU over the Intel.

On 03/10/2020 at 14:48, BluebirdsCCFC said:

Hi @kevhamster. After originally saying I’d prefer to get the laptop through Argos, it turns out I can buy from elsewhere now, so is the above still my best option for the £600-£700 price range?

Just a reminder that I only need it for playing FM, connecting to a work server via Remote Desktop and general browsing. I’m fine with 2D only. 5-6 leagues would be good.

Cheers.

Based on the sites I tend to browse most often (those being Argos, Box and Currys) I can't find anything I'd consider better for that money.  That one will do what you want very well.

16 hours ago, Funcut said:

Dear all, 

What you think about this laptop? 

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 4500U (6C / 6T, 2.3 / 4.0GHz, 3MB L2 / 8MB L3)
Graphics Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics
Memory 4GB Soldered DDR4-2666 + 4GB SO-DIMM DDR4-2666
Storage 512GB SSD M.2 2242 PCIe NVMe 3.0x2
Display 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) TN 220nits Anti-glare

Should I buy this? 

It's ok - not great. What's the price, where are you buying from and what is your budget?

15 hours ago, pizzachips said:

Smurf as always thank you

what do you think to run multiple leagues with absolute ease and decent graphics on FM

https://www.dell.com/en-ie/shop/laptops/new-inspiron-15-5000/spd/inspiron-15-5501-laptop/cn55107

Processor
 More Info
10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 Processor (8MB Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)
ideo Card
Intel® Iris Plus Graphics with shared graphics memory
Display
 More Info
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED Backlight Non-Touch Narrow Border WVA Display
Memory
 More Info
16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 3200MHz
Hard Drive
 More Info
512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive

The i7-1065G7 is clocked at 1.3ghz base speed - and FM requires 2.2ghz - I would highly recommend a laptop with a processor with at least 2.2ghz base speed to avoid any disappointement.

There's no dedicated graphics card - so play on low-medium settings if you play 3d matches.

RAM - good!

Hard Drive - good!

12 hours ago, cebotari13 said:

Hello, I'm looking to buy a laptop primarily to play FM. I've researched everything about specs so it will most certaily be the one with ryzen 4500/4700u processor. But my main doubt is - do I save more money and buy a laptop with the touchscreen? Does it even work with FM? I googled it but nothing comes up (except FM Touch)

90% of the time I play FM I'm in bed so just taping my fingers on the screen and not bothering with touchpad would really be ejoyable but I'm not even sure it's compatible... 

Does anyone have any experience with it? I'd be really thankful if someone could explain

I'm pretty sure touch screen is basically just a different input device, rather than clicking with the mouse, you click with your finger. Technically it should work. But I don't really know. 

If it's in bed and you need tap click then a external touchpad might be the way to go - a wireless one - that way you don't have to keep your hands on the laptop. 

Something like this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/PERIPAD-704-Wireless-Touchpad-Portable-4-72x3-54x0-74/dp/B08BX3JFWK/ref=sr_1_53_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=wireless+trackpad&qid=1601902244&refinements=p_72%3A419153031%2Cp_36%3A428445031&rnid=428432031&s=computers&sr=1-53-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExTVFRWkw2NTJTOUo3JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzExNDU3MzYxRFM5RVVDOVlGWCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjg1NzkzM0FHNlBCUlo2RklNUiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2J0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Plus - if you're playing in bed - then make sure you get a laptop cooler/stand - as this keeps the fans off the bed and pulling in fluff/dirt/dust etc. from the fabrics.

Evens something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-R9-NBC-ULTK-GP-Removable-Ergonomic/dp/B00828BUME/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=laptop+cooler&qid=1601902464&refinements=p_72%3A419153031&rnid=419152031&s=computers&sr=1-7

The 4500 and 4700 U - these are both U style processors, they are designed to run at their base speeds as they are Ultra Low Power - meaning it will take some amount of cooling to ensure that they can reach their turbo boost speeds. I wouldn't recommend a U style processor for FM.

What's your budget?

1 hour ago, malakhanna said:

Hi. Is this any good for Football Manager 2021?
https://www.komplett.se/product/1157682/gaming/speldator/barbar/acer-nitro-5-an515-44-156-fhd-144-hz

Swedish site, but basically:

Ryzen 5 4600H, GTX 1650, 16 GB Ram, 512 GB SSD. 

Yep.

25 minutes ago, aldo1987 said:

Would this run it smoothly?

https://www.palicomp.co.uk/intel_best_buy or this https://www.palicomp.co.uk/pc_of_the_week_280820

Can't find a laptop anywhere close to these prices for similar specs, so thinking i may opt for a desktop.

Either are fine - and a good price. Lack of dedicated graphics card would mean that you would need to play on low-medium settings. 

As it's a desktop you can probably add a graphics card on later on - just check with them (send them an email) asking about expansion ports for graphics cards etc. and what can and can't be modified.

Should be fine though.

Laptop has finally died. 

Looking to purchase a desktop this time as need kids to be able to use too.

So I may as well get one to play fm on. However I'm useless with computers. I have a budget of roughly 700 but I dont need a monitor. So its 700 just on the pc itself. What do people recommend? 

3 minutes ago, the SLC said:

Laptop has finally died. 

Looking to purchase a desktop this time as need kids to be able to use too.

So I may as well get one to play fm on. However I'm useless with computers. I have a budget of roughly 700 but I dont need a monitor. So its 700 just on the pc itself. What do people recommend? 

Sure thing - something along the lines of this

Section 6 to configure browser/anti-virus options etc. 

Case
PCS 3312B BLACK CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-10500 (3.1GHz) 12MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME B460M-A (Micro-ATX, LGA1200, USB 3.2) - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 - HDMI
1st M.2 SSD Drive
512GB INTEL® 660p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 1500MB/sR | 1000MB/sW)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD

Price: £695.00 including VAT and Delivery

Unique URL to re-configure: https://www.pcspecialist.ie/saved-configurations/intel-home-office-pc-III/Jn6ZhxR3nJ/

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

Sure thing - something along the lines of this

Section 6 to configure browser/anti-virus options etc. 

Case
PCS 3312B BLACK CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-10500 (3.1GHz) 12MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME B460M-A (Micro-ATX, LGA1200, USB 3.2) - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 - HDMI
1st M.2 SSD Drive
512GB INTEL® 660p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 1500MB/sR | 1000MB/sW)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD

Price: £695.00 including VAT and Delivery

Unique URL to re-configure: https://www.pcspecialist.ie/saved-configurations/intel-home-office-pc-III/Jn6ZhxR3nJ/

1 hour ago, the SLC said:

Cheers for the reply. I wish I knew what it all meant but I do appreciate your help

Processor = main component for FM - a good processor will give you better experience in FM.

FM has a min requirement of 2.2ghz for a processor - this has a 3.10ghz - and can go up to 4.50ghz.

It has 6 cores and 12 threads - and FM will use as many cores/threads as required - consider this a highway - the more lanes (cores/threads) you have the more traffic can move freely. 

Basically, more cores/threads the more it can do at once.

image.thumb.png.284c35cb598903023bb0f91390f58105.png

RAM

I put in 16gb RAM for you - technically you only need 8gb
But for FM - more RAM is better - it plays a significant part in some parts of the game. 
More RAM the better. 8gb is good. 16gb is brilliant. But 32gb would be overkill.

Graphics Card
I put in a decent enough graphics card, easily play FM or other kids games on it. 
IT's not the best graphics card, but it's decent mid-range, more than capable for FM.

Hello people! I’m looking for a new laptop to run fm 21 when it comes out. I have a budget of a grand. I.I was looking at the following:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-nitro-5-an517-17-3-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-rtx-2060-256-gb-ssd-10206002-pdt.html

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/msi-gf65-thin-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-rtx-2060-256-gb-ssd-10205333-pdt.html

If you have any other suggestions for the best I can get with my budget, I’d appreciate it. Cheers!

9 hours ago, Smurf said:

It's ok - not great. What's the price, where are you buying from and what is your budget?

The i7-1065G7 is clocked at 1.3ghz base speed - and FM requires 2.2ghz - I would highly recommend a laptop with a processor with at least 2.2ghz base speed to avoid any disappointement.

There's no dedicated graphics card - so play on low-medium settings if you play 3d matches.

RAM - good!

Hard Drive - good!

hey- i did my research based on what you said so going to  go for the following- any glaring concerns for this laptop

https://www.dell.com/en-ie/shop/laptops/new-inspiron-15-7000/spd/inspiron-15-7501-laptop/cn50106?view=configurations 

• 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-10300H (8MB Cache, up to 4.5 GHz, 4 cores)
  • Windows 10 Home 64bit, English, Dutch, French, German, Italian
  • NVIDIA® GeForce GTX® 1650 4GB GDDR6
  • 8GB, onboard, DDR4, 2933MHz
  • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive

Edited by pizzachips

9 hours ago, Smurf said:

I'm pretty sure touch screen is basically just a different input device, rather than clicking with the mouse, you click with your finger. Technically it should work. But I don't really know. 

If it's in bed and you need tap click then a external touchpad might be the way to go - a wireless one - that way you don't have to keep your hands on the laptop. 

Something like this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/PERIPAD-704-Wireless-Touchpad-Portable-4-72x3-54x0-74/dp/B08BX3JFWK/ref=sr_1_53_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=wireless+trackpad&qid=1601902244&refinements=p_72%3A419153031%2Cp_36%3A428445031&rnid=428432031&s=computers&sr=1-53-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExTVFRWkw2NTJTOUo3JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzExNDU3MzYxRFM5RVVDOVlGWCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjg1NzkzM0FHNlBCUlo2RklNUiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2J0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Plus - if you're playing in bed - then make sure you get a laptop cooler/stand - as this keeps the fans off the bed and pulling in fluff/dirt/dust etc. from the fabrics.

Evens something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-R9-NBC-ULTK-GP-Removable-Ergonomic/dp/B00828BUME/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=laptop+cooler&qid=1601902464&refinements=p_72%3A419153031&rnid=419152031&s=computers&sr=1-7

The 4500 and 4700 U - these are both U style processors, they are designed to run at their base speeds as they are Ultra Low Power - meaning it will take some amount of cooling to ensure that they can reach their turbo boost speeds. I wouldn't recommend a U style processor for FM.

What's your budget?

Thanks for the reply, my budget is around 550£ but I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina so I'm very limited with the offers and every model is 50£ more expensive than in EU/UK/US because of the taxes. Most of the sellers don't even have 4500/4700u models, there are just few of them selling and ryzen 4xxxH models are almost double the price.

I don't think I can get anything better for that price. Cheapest Intel's i5-9300h is 100£ more expensive than cheapest 4700u and the cpubechmark.net shows that ryzen has higher numbers, I don't know what to think now

2 hours ago, Smurf said:

Definitely the i5 or i7 or ryzen 5 or 7 H model, better than U models.

Send me links to sites and i will take a look.

Don't know if you can find anything, sites are not very well organized, olx.ba (like ebay), ekupi.ba and imtec.ba 

Around 1200 KM max, maybe there will be some discounts around black friday so something thats 1400 KM will be that price. But I don't think anything is worth waiting for that. If I'm buying a gaming laptop I think it's pointless to buy one with 60hz display.

So you would rather go with ryzen 5 3550H or i5-9300H than ryzen 7 4700U?

20 minutes ago, cebotari13 said:

Don't know if you can find anything, sites are not very well organized, olx.ba (like ebay), ekupi.ba and imtec.ba 

Around 1200 KM max, maybe there will be some discounts around black friday so something thats 1400 KM will be that price. But I don't think anything is worth waiting for that. If I'm buying a gaming laptop I think it's pointless to buy one with 60hz display.

So you would rather go with ryzen 5 3550H or i5-9300H than ryzen 7 4700U?

This is how they are currently ranked 

Even though the 4700u and 4500 u are ranked slightly higher than the i5-9300H - the difference is miniscule.

The one major point is that the U processors are designed to run cool, the more processing the more power it needs, and on this it throttles the performance to save power.

So the 4700U may never really get above 2ghz (2000MHZ) - and for FM can't imagine it ever getting near the 4100 mhz (4ghz)

Same with 4500U it's slightly better in base performance - but again would feel it throttling under load to save power.

But the 9300H is what I would go for, as it's TDP (Thermal Design Power), and with a base spped of 2.4ghz (2400mhz) - it will more likely head up to a higher speed in certain facets of the game. 

image.thumb.png.42011aa0091bea106556e9486dc4aa82.png

If you have to - I'd go for the 4500U - as that at least matches the minimum specs for FM (which is 2.2ghz (2200MHz)

Honestly - I'd be looking at something like this https://www.ekupi.ba/Laptop-Lenovo-IdeaPad-Gaming-3-15IMH05-81Y400GPSC-156-FHD-IPS-Intel-Core-i5-10300H-25GHz-8GB-DDR4-512GB-PCIe-NVMe-SSD-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1650-4GB-428790.aspx

Or would any of these - hard drive a bit small but easily fixable.

https://www.olx.ba/artikal/35642477/asus-rog-tuf-fx504gd-i5-8300h-gtx-1050-4gb/

https://www.olx.ba/artikal/37944328/lenovo-l340-15irh-i5-9300h-nvidia-gtx-1050-3gb/

Hi!

Haven't played FM for about 3/4 years, I tried to get going on FM2020 but my old laptop was not quite supportive enough!!

Looking to buy another one, anyone else who is slightly better with laptops be able to help me? I'm looking to get FM20 and 21 when it does come out, do you think the laptop below would support it??

Looking for within that price range to be honest!!

Thanks in advance anyone who can help!

https://www.very.co.uk/asus-tuf-fx505dt-hn484t-geforce-gtx-1650-amd-ryzen-5-8gb-ram-512gb-ssd-156in-fhd-ips-144hz-gaming-laptop/1600491625.prd

Just now, MichaelTGriffiths said:

Hi!

Haven't played FM for about 3/4 years, I tried to get going on FM2020 but my old laptop was not quite supportive enough!!

Looking to buy another one, anyone else who is slightly better with laptops be able to help me? I'm looking to get FM20 and 21 when it does come out, do you think the laptop below would support it??

https://www.very.co.uk/asus-tuf-fx505dt-hn484t-geforce-gtx-1650-amd-ryzen-5-8gb-ram-512gb-ssd-156in-fhd-ips-144hz-gaming-laptop/1600491625.prd

Just thought i'd add, I would only really be lookingto play FM on it, she might use it as a general one as well but nothing crazy big needs to go on there!!

2 hours ago, MichaelTGriffiths said:

Hi!

Anyone able to help someone who is really terrible when it comes to tech and picking laptops! ha

3 hours ago, MichaelTGriffiths said:

Hi!

1 hour ago, MichaelTGriffiths said:

Anyone able to help someone who is really terrible when it comes to tech and picking laptops! ha

https://www.box.co.uk/1L6F6EAABU-HP-Pavilion-Gaming-15-ec1007na_2958258.html