Sports Interactive Community
rhblackpool

FM19: Olympique Lyonnais

Anyone else got a save going with Lyon?  Never usually stray from the English leagues in FM but this year I wanted to do something different.

Currently half way through the first season and it's going a lot better than expected; 1st in the league having only conceded 9 goals & topping the CL group stage unbeaten with Man City in the group.

Aim was to break PSG's dominance in the league and win the CL within 3 seasons but with the league form and results against Man City in the CL I think both of these can be done in the first season! 

1.thumb.png.7e397d3d53af5bb6b17d577f4d15c32f.png

2.thumb.png.7d570dcdcce1e5eb30e1b0fd4d09f173.png

3.thumb.png.88cbb62fe5210894b8ac51937cf3ba53.png

Untitled.thumb.png.1ccca9b9f1932683b9258c0b211d4be9.png

4.thumb.png.fbbcb8d5813e950f275343fe4d32d199.png

Haven't started a save with them, but there's some cracking talent in the Lyon squad. Enjoy!

I recently finished my first season at the OL and it could not have been easier.  First place in league with 15 points of advantage over PSG and champions league winner. I had luck in UCL draw after the group stage, beating shakhtar donetsk, Valencia, Bayern and Roma.

4 hours ago, garufa said:

I recently finished my first season at the OL and it could not have been easier.  First place in league with 15 points of advantage over PSG and champions league winner. I had luck in UCL draw after the group stage, beating shakhtar donetsk, Valencia, Bayern and Roma.

Did you end up winnning CL?

Can you post some pics of your tactical setup and players?

hace 19 horas, Dirty_ACE dijo:

Did you end up winnning CL?

Can you post some pics of your tactical setup and players?

I bought Musacchio and Diakhaby, bouth in transfer list, to strengthen the defense.

Nasri for free is a good backup

Fichajes.png

Programa 1.png

Programa 2.png

I used to play with this 4-2-3-1

Táctica.png

Edited by garufa

Lyon squad is really solid from the start, especially upfront, really good players

Worth mentionning your monster midfielder Ndombele, what a cracking player !

Really looking forward for your saves guys :)

The squad looks really good, loads of good young players, I'm quite tempted to give them a go soon!

Any recommendations for CB's as that appears the weak link in the squad? And do you think it would be possible to get someone like Pavard to move to the club?

Wesley Hoedt, Wallace from Lazio, Mangala on loan from Man City are options

On my current Lyon save I signed Kenny Lala, Prince-Desir Gouano, Aubrey Modiba to help with the depth issue in my defense, I also have used Aour as a Libero in a 3 man central defense with Denayor and Mangala.

Ive started a new game with Lyon and going well so far. 

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 as in the screenshot. I may play around with 4-3-3 and see how Fekir gets on in the AP-A role

In terms of backups there doesn't seem to be a natural backup for Tousart within the squad, apart from Ferri who I will look to sell. Caqueret looks more suited to be a DLP with his physical stats. Or have you been able to retrain him as a BWM?

Scouting around most of the DM's I have seen are also best suited as a DLP, do you have any recommendations?

Screenshot 2018-12-16 at 19.54.39.png

Anyone managing Lyon had any success with some of the young players there, Alexis Martial, Mathis Louiserre, Maxence Caqueret, Thomas Oulembo, Oumar Solet, Lilian Perrier, Pierre Kalulu, Kevin Rodet, Modest Duku, Maxwell Cornet, Martin Terrier, Yann Gboho, Sofian Augarreau, Titoun Thomas, Djabrail Dib, El Hadji Coly and Amine Gouri are all good to great players for the future.

I have made a few signings like Fafont, Tonalli etc but I want to try play as many youth players as possible, I have just finished season 1 and ended 3rd in the league.

I have sold Fekir to Arsenal for 48m, I also sold Bertrand Traore for 49m to Real Madrid.

I love a save with Lyon, I think I will do several saves with them on FM2019 as I always want to go back to them or Ajax.

On 16/12/2018 at 12:59, Vega09 said:

Ive started a new game with Lyon and going well so far. 

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 as in the screenshot. I may play around with 4-3-3 and see how Fekir gets on in the AP-A role

In terms of backups there doesn't seem to be a natural backup for Tousart within the squad, apart from Ferri who I will look to sell. Caqueret looks more suited to be a DLP with his physical stats. Or have you been able to retrain him as a BWM?

Scouting around most of the DM's I have seen are also best suited as a DLP, do you have any recommendations?

Screenshot 2018-12-16 at 19.54.39.png

I had to muddle through the first season using Ferri or Cheikh as backups, but in season 2, I promoted Owusu from the reserves. He's been fairly solid thus far.

Anyone managing Lyon I would look at signing Lucas Martinez Quarta from River Plate, he is a centre back who's value has doubled from the 10m I signed him for in the space of a few months.

Roger Assale is also a bargain from Young Boys, signed him for 11m and has banged the goals in after a slow start with 15 goals in 16 appearances in his 2nd season with me, playing in an advanced forward with a target man alongside him.

My biggest signing was Benjamin Pavard who I paid 40m but I don't regret it as he is an excellent Libero and has been playing really well, I have him with Mangala and Martinez Quarta. 

I sold Lucas Tousart mostly to incorporate other players like Tonalli, Cheikh, Ferri, Casqueret etc, I also sold him as Schalke offered me 28m and I thought that was a good deal, I also get 3m after 30 league games, 20% of any future transfer fee and 1.7m every season for the next 3 seasons, so happy with that deal.

I decided to switch Aouar from a Libero to a more familiar role as an advanced playmaker just behind the 2 strikers, He is my current best player with 6 goals and 7 assists, 3 man of the matches and an average rating of 7.46.

8 hours ago, RCCook said:

I had to muddle through the first season using Ferri or Cheikh as backups, but in season 2, I promoted Owusu from the reserves. He's been fairly solid thus far.

Thanks, I will check him out! 

8 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Anyone managing Lyon I would look at signing Lucas Martinez Quarta from River Plate, he is a centre back who's value has doubled from the 10m I signed him for in the space of a few months.

Roger Assale is also a bargain from Young Boys, signed him for 11m and has banged the goals in after a slow start with 15 goals in 16 appearances in his 2nd season with me, playing in an advanced forward with a target man alongside him.

My biggest signing was Benjamin Pavard who I paid 40m but I don't regret it as he is an excellent Libero and has been playing really well, I have him with Mangala and Martinez Quarta. 

I sold Lucas Tousart mostly to incorporate other players like Tonalli, Cheikh, Ferri, Casqueret etc, I also sold him as Schalke offered me 28m and I thought that was a good deal, I also get 3m after 30 league games, 20% of any future transfer fee and 1.7m every season for the next 3 seasons, so happy with that deal.

I decided to switch Aouar from a Libero to a more familiar role as an advanced playmaker just behind the 2 strikers, He is my current best player with 6 goals and 7 assists, 3 man of the matches and an average rating of 7.46.

Sounds good! What formation are you playing? 3-4-1-2?

I am playing a 3-2-2-1-2 formation, so basically a 5-2-1-2 if that is easier, 3 centre man defense, 2 wing backs, 2 centre midfielders, one advanced playmaker just behind 2 strikers.

I’m tempted to start with them at one point but i feel its going to be really easy to dominate with them.

I mean their squad is crazy good, even their youngsters on the bench are mostly wonderkids!

Edited by CapaJr

12 hours ago, CapaJr said:

I’m tempted to start with them at one point but i feel its going to be really easy to dominate with them.

I mean their squad is crazy good, even their youngsters on the bench are mostly wonderkids!

I ended up stopping and done a Norwich save I won the league easily 

Whilst killing time and planning my new EFL challenges once the update is out, I've finally started with OL. I've managed a lot of French clubs, but after years of intent, I'm finally going with OL for the first time. It's different for me to have such a transfer kitty, and seven new players have been recruited for £61 million with five leaving for £49 million. I've just played my Ligue 1 opener, so there may still be one or two more squad changes. Is anyone else active with them? 

I’ve nearly finished my 2nd season with Lyon after winning the league 2 years on the bounce, surprisingly PSG finished 4th in the first season and were no threat at all to me, I pipped Monaco to the title by 1 point. I only bought one player in the first season in De Ligt and sold Rafael in January for 30m (thought it was a lot for a 29 year old I think he is) then went on to sell Depay for 70m after he won player of the year for me in my first season and brought back the French sensation Anthony Martial for 14m as he hadn’t played much in 2 years because of Alexis Sanchez I presume.

anyone with a Lyon save managed to get the best out of Amine Gouri? He starts the save with 8-9 month ACL injury and he hasn’t improved much since. I am playing him every other game and bringing him on as a sub as he is down on a lot of people’s lists for wonderkids.

That's impressive to win the league twice. I'm really enjoying my time with OL so far (only October season 1),

Amine Gouri wasn't injured in my version and is in the U23 squad with 10 goals in 7 games and average rating 8.04 so far. He deserves a senior squad place, but I signed one of my must-buy players for this project (Mbaye Diagne) and a few others, so he hasn't had a chance yet.

What has everyone done with backroom staff at Lyon? Overhaul or relatively the same? I’m always keen on Assistant Manager recommendations- I tend to use (need!) mine to have skills in Training and Tactics.

12 hours ago, Toonarmyfc said:

What has everyone done with backroom staff at Lyon? Overhaul or relatively the same? I’m always keen on Assistant Manager recommendations- I tend to use (need!) mine to have skills in Training and Tactics.

I haven't really done much with the staff, concentrating more on the players in season 1. So far, it's going well although turning a victory in to defeat against PSG probably means I'll be fighting to finish between 2nd and 4th. There's a long way to go though, so will update on results as I progress.

Below is the first transfer window activity. The main focus area was defence, as it was quite poor and I am happy with the four new arrivals (Todibo, Cisse, Konate, Rosier) and reasonable fees paid to strengthen this part of the side. Sissoko was a bargain buy and ideal for my 433 formation, whilst I was able to land two of the best wide attackers in France (Sarr and Pepe) for sensible money. I'm trying to turn the squad in to French and French-speaking African players only, hence the sale of Depay was an account balancing pleasure. Diagne met the transfer criteria., and he's a striker I admire a lot and really wanted to manage. I expected Dembele to make the central striker position his own, but he has been poor so Diagne has jumped ahead of him so far (Pepe, Cornet, Sarr and even Fekir can also pay the role if needed).

Season 1 summer transfer window

1275644928_OLTransferHistory1.1.thumb.png.9d68f17e76b9108ddcc2a79d8f8d9d92.png

Big spenders!

525469746_TransferWindowspenders.thumb.png.ca77e8fdaa2d6b87a173e9135f4dfd3c.png

And, erm, this one was then confirmed by Gerard Houllier...

813595466_ClementHazardphysio.png.bbe7f4e4d797307db369b994f5b2a0de.png

But alas, it was only a new physio Clement Hazard :lol:

Posted (edited)

I have always wanted Jogo to do a Lyon save, I can't wait to see who you bring in and how you get on with Lyon.

Try Traore as an advanced forward up front, you will thank you by the end of the season lol.

Also Aour is a pretty good Libero in the middle of defense as I tried him in that position for Lyon and done well.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham