Moments that have made you happy on FM19

Challenging for Bundesliga (somehow!) after promotions from Third Division with Kaiserslautern.

Stealing a win against Leverkusen with 36% possession by parking the bus and getting 5 clear cut chances on counterattacks, with the 5th one finally netting me a goal in the 94th minute 20 seconds before the game ended!

• 3 weeks later...

Youth intake day. 

I currently have a vacuum coming up at the right fullback position. My starting player is getting old, his replacement is also needed as CB and DM backup and my third player is too slow for me. 

What did I get? A 14 year old with 2* ability and 5* potential with insane physicals and acceptable mentals. I guess my starter still has two years in the tank and then I can slowly phase him out :)

On the 'don't know if happy' front I have my cup season on my full Pauli save: I lucked myself through the rounds, drawing only third and fellow second league teams until the finale. Thrice I won 1-0 in extra time.

In the finale I got the almighty Bayern and won an easy 3-1, countering them into oblivion. I was happy, the board was happy, the fans and Finance Director love me. Then it dawned on me not only is my nominally midtable league 2 team competing in the Bundesliga next season, they also play on the Euro League for added pressure and congestion. Oops?

Best moment for me thus far is against the odds securing promotion from national league South to national league via the playoffs with Hemel Hempstead - one of my 2 decent 16 y.o. Youth intake strikers bagging a hattrick in the final to seal it

Archived