Moments that have made you happy on FM19

Time for a cheery topic in this section for once!

We all have those little moments on FM that have made us feel happy. Doesn't have to be big, just something that put a smile on your face while you were playing the game. Time for everybody to share!

For me it's very early on from my new save with Sunderland. In pre-season I picked up a really promising looking youngster, rated as having outstanding potential by my scouts and looks like a reasonable prospect to me.

pFJ1AJF.png

Initial plan was to give him a year or two in the Under 18s before looking at him again but over the course of their friendlies and early league matches I kept on seeing his name crop up in match reports and decided to give him a go in one of the cups and this is how he thanked me:

OPquaUp.png

Scored his first senior goal 47 seconds in to his first senior appearance with a shot rifled into the top corner from the edge of the area. Adds a second with a bullet of a header less than half an hour later and spends the entire game pulling the strings from midfield.

Not bad for a free signing on £110 per week!

Earlier this evening. I was drawing 0-0 as FC Sankt Pauli against Jahn Regensburg, needing a win to draw level with Hamburg SV at the top of 2.Bundesliga. As a last, desperate, roll of the dice on 88 minutes, I chucked my center-half Avevor forwards to join the attack as a target man. With +4 minutes of added time given, he managed to go and score on 95:30 to win the game. :D

After losing a match my post-team talk was 'I expect to see you lot in training tomorrow morning after that result'. I went to the training section to follow through on my heated post-match threat, and the game had already scheduled a session of Endurance in the morning for the team. Brilliant.

Saved me time as I only had to schedule two more for the remaining sessions in the day for the lazy plodders to complete.

I was playing as Pauli against Cologne with a win going a long way to assure promotion. Twenty minutes in I was 0-2 down with morale completely at the bottom. I then took the decision to sub out my key player team leader to change my system and somehow won 3-2. Afterwards I was expecting a lot of complaints from the important player but he understood my explanation and continued to be all-around great. 

10 hours ago, ltdamn said:

After losing a match my post-team talk was 'I expect to see you lot in training tomorrow morning after that result'. I went to the training section to follow through on my heated post-match threat, and the game had already scheduled a session of Endurance in the morning for the team. Brilliant.

Saved me time as I only had to schedule two more for the remaining sessions in the day for the lazy plodders to complete.

Somebody's stuck in the 1970's, I see :lol:

"Punish them for a defeat by giving them loads of running, that'll teach them!"

22 minutes ago, Armistice said:

The only moment that made me happy was when the beta was released and I noticed there was a difference in the ME compared to FM18. After that, it went downhill so I’m keeping my hopes up that they will fix it.

What a killjoy :idiot: Well done on turning the conversation onto the exact type of topic the OP explicitly wanted to avoid.

42 minutes ago, Mons said:

The rule of Magath: 'Outrun the opponent after 50 consecutive games or else...'

I always choose that option when my team horribly fails at a game's end, like conceding two or more in the last ten minutes (or five in the last 25 after being four up :/). While I normally keep physical training in the preseason, winter break and a select few units during international break, I consider it more a reward than a right: Show physical weakness during the season and these rights are swiftly revoked! 

Back to topic: After a good while getting my three similar-at-strength strikers to peacefully coexists. I got one out of the Other group in both hierarchy and social groups, I got another to accept his sub status for now (which he pays back with such good jobs coming from the bench I'm close to starting him soon) and the third is so precise he always works against the big teams and does not demand much more! 

2 часа назад, Armistice сказал:

The only moment that made me happy was when the beta was released and I noticed there was a difference in the ME compared to FM18. After that, it went downhill so I’m keeping my hopes up that they will fix it.

I happy that I'm not alone :lol:

Securing automatic promotion to Serie A in the first season despite being predicted to finish 13th.

All of the three times I've robbed Palermo blind of their young player through loan deals with options to buy.

Beating Inter, the league leaders, 2-0 at home to end a disastrous six-game losing skid — and enable Juventus go top.

Finishing 10th the first season in Serie A despite being wretched in the first half of the season.

Hitting the point where 90% of my squad is Resolute/Spirited/Professional or better.

There is a lot that tickles me, makes me smile, just a couple here.

image.thumb.png.abe960b15e0d408abc0f1f89376b1fbe.png

I wouldn't mind, but they got one of mine out for 3 months another out for 2 weeks, and we hurt zaha and he was out for a week.

This just tickles me

image.png.100d03e23f2d497298a948b4f0194de8.png

When you see a prospect showing what's to come by scoring a screamer, but then it wouldn't let me save the highlight, still I have the pkm so I can watch it over and over.

And who wouldn't be happy with a run like this

image.thumb.png.3dcff95b91a4bacd1102e4182ce7e450.png

- I really enjoyed the training overhaul. I spent a good deal of time thinking about how to approach it.

Another thing that I didn't see people mention anywhere: A lot of the training benefits attributes like Antecipation, Vision, Work Rate, etc, attributes that previously could not be trained individually. I don't know if Strength encompassed more than just the Strength attribute, but seeing those attributes actually mentioned as being improved by certain training was fantastic since the game is really poor at giving you proper information at what some things really do.

People found it daunting, but after 15 mins I was loving the training aspect. There's even an option to make the players act in the local community, I wished it also helped to improve the team's popularity (i.e: help with getting more fans down the road).

- The little animation when you switch players' positions in the tactic screen is a small detail, but a very good one, in 18 I always had a little freeze when moving players to others positions.

Although I was so used in 18 to the player list being on the left and the tactical pitch on the right that I still need some time to adapt to the players being on the right now and the pitch and instructions on the left. On 1366x768 monitors there isn't enough room to show the Positive and Negative feedback of the tactic (in screenshots it seems to appear below the tactical pitch).

- Calendar separated by months is really good. 

- I wish on player profiles there was also an option to put the Attributes inside boxes, it's one of the reasons I use custom skins.

10 minutes ago, Lanko said:

I really enjoyed the training overhaul. I spent a good deal of time thinking about how to approach it.

I spend more time on training than anything else apart from watching matches, it really works, though it hurts when you get wrong for a certain match.

4 minutes ago, mack4ever said:

What season?

Also how the hell have you got your defence working that well?! My speciality score at the moment seems to be 3-2, no matter what I try my team always seems to ship a goal or two.

That was in the first season, after I had my first run with doing the training from pre-season all the way. To be honest that is possibly my best sequence with everton I've had longer win streaks, but it's the goals for and against I can't recall better,in all my years, I lost the 11th game of course and took a hiding off Utd in the new year, but I did something I hate in the first season, I overachieved a lot, my target always 4/5, finished 2nd in league, top goal scorers and second best defence. I like to build success, that makes me happy, mind you so does the training. I use a wonky 4231, no DM so I can't explain that sequence, a BWMd + MEZa or BBM depending on opponent, and for the Spurs + City games it was still a 4231 but pretty standard and cautious. Unforunately that save have gone now, cleaned up pc, but I am still using a similar tactic and doing ok. Thanks you made me happy, happy memories:D. I remember I lost at home to wolves last day of season, and just held 2nd on goal difference.

12 hours ago, Mons said:

Sometimes the old methods are the best!

Also, I've done it twice now and twice now I've won the next game away from home as the underdog by at least a two goal margin :-) 

Had been promoted from League One with Shrewsbury, so in the Championship now and started the season well - got as high as tenth before, suddenly, our performances dropped. We couldn't score for toffee despite creating a good number of chances per game. Been on a terrible run of form - 11 league games without a win in the league and only 4 draws in that time. So close to throwing my toys out the pram - went back to basics and we finally ended the barren run with a 3-1 home win against Preston. Morale skyrockets and we've given ourselves a good chance of getting out the mire now - hopefully, this will be a springboard to some good form.

20 hours ago, Double Indemnity said:

Securing automatic promotion to Serie A in the first season despite being predicted to finish 13th.

All of the three times I've robbed Palermo blind of their young player through loan deals with options to buy.

Beating Inter, the league leaders, 2-0 at home to end a disastrous six-game losing skid — and enable Juventus go top.

Finishing 10th the first season in Serie A despite being wretched in the first half of the season.

Hitting the point where 90% of my squad is Resolute/Spirited/Professional or better.

Hey! I notice you're managing Venezia too. I managed to get promoted to Serie A in the first season too finishing runners up to Palermo. It's been tough, 1 win, 4 draws and 4 defeats - your mention of finishing 10th after a terrible start fills me with hope!

What's your team line-up like?

4 hours ago, alfayala84 said:

Hey! I notice you're managing Venezia too. I managed to get promoted to Serie A in the first season too finishing runners up to Palermo. It's been tough, 1 win, 4 draws and 4 defeats - your mention of finishing 10th after a terrible start fills me with hope!

What's your team line-up like?

I'm in the third season now, and I think the only players I still have from the save's beginning are Lezzerini, Vicario, Schiavone (now on loan), Marsura (same), Maleh, Di Mariano, Zigoni. The players I've stolen from Palermo so far are Da Graca, Accardi, and Angileri.

From memory, first-team lineup is Lezzerini, Accardi (loaned then bought), Angileri (2M?), Capuano (1M), Vitale (expiry), Miceli (can't remember, but shockingly low), Gnoukouri (free transfer), Pasa/Branca/Blesa (500K/expiry/cheap), Paragini (expiry), Maleh, Zigoni/Da Graca (loaned then bought).

1 hour ago, Double Indemnity said:

I'm in the third season now, and I think the only players I still have from the save's beginning are Lezzerini, Vicario, Schiavone (now on loan), Marsura (same), Maleh, Di Mariano, Zigoni. The players I've stolen from Palermo so far are Da Graca, Accardi, and Angileri.

From memory, first-team lineup is Lezzerini, Accardi (loaned then bought), Angileri (2M?), Capuano (1M), Vitale (expiry), Miceli (can't remember, but shockingly low), Gnoukouri (free transfer), Pasa/Branca/Blesa (500K/expiry/cheap), Paragini (expiry), Maleh, Zigoni/Da Graca (loaned then bought).

Interesting, Vicario is ahead of Lezzerini for me. Schiavone is first team DM. Marsura is doing well, Zigoni comes on off the bench. Modolo is really struggling at Serie A level as well as Bruscagin... I'll spare you all the gory details! I've had Facundo Colidio on loan for a couple of seasons and he's been excellent thus far, top scorer last season and this season so far.

I was chuffed to get promotion but I was under no illusions it was going to be extremely difficult given the size of the stadium and the facilities. Have you had any luck expanding these?

1 hour ago, alfayala84 said:

Interesting, Vicario is ahead of Lezzerini for me. Schiavone is first team DM. Marsura is doing well, Zigoni comes on off the bench. Modolo is really struggling at Serie A level as well as Bruscagin... I'll spare you all the gory details! I've had Facundo Colidio on loan for a couple of seasons and he's been excellent thus far, top scorer last season and this season so far.

I was chuffed to get promotion but I was under no illusions it was going to be extremely difficult given the size of the stadium and the facilities. Have you had any luck expanding these?

Facilities are steadily improving, yep. The board announced plans to build a new stadium at the end of the second season, but no sign of details or a timeline for it yet.

Vicario/Lezzerini were very close for a while, but Lezzerini has the better personality—which I aggressively favor—and he progressed a lot in training during the second season. Schiavone was first-team DM until Miceli improved a lot. I can't remember when I got rid of Modolo and Bruscagin, but my central pairing for season 2 were Capuano/Andjelkovic with Domizzi/Loiacano backing them up. And then I added another guy called Moukoudi to replace Andjelkovic.

I forgot to mention before, but... Free kicks!

God, when you see that curve and the ball hitting the angle with that slow motion in the replay... that's just too gorgeous and satisfying. Even when it's against me I can't get too frustrated.

After the atrocity that were free kicks and long shots in 18, this is absolutely the best thing to happen on the pitch in this version.

2-0 down at halftime- ripped into the team, made 2 subs, took off my captain who was having a shocker, changed the formation, went attacking and won 3-2 with a goal in stoppage time!  Waited with the office door open on Monday waiting for the captain to barge in complaining, but not a peep!

il y a 13 minutes, FrazT a dit :

2-0 down at halftime- ripped into the team, made 2 subs, took off my captain who was having a shocker, changed the formation, went attacking and won 3-2 with a goal in stoppage time!  Waited with the office door open on Monday waiting for the captain to barge in complaining, but not a peep!

I bet it was a happy time... especially the "no whining part" ;) ROFL

In my current Newcastle save I picked up a spanish kid in my youth intake, with a 5 star potential rating.

I was curious to see how good he was, so using the in game editor, i took a peak at his maximum potential, and it's 197!!!!

Ive never ever had a player that good in my youth intake in the many years Ive played, pretty stoked haha :D

Currently just finished my first season with Bournemouth and finished 2nd in the league aswell as beating Everton on pens to win the caraboa cup (most nerve wrecking thing I have watched) then went on to beat Liverpool 6-1 in the FA cup final.

Taking the Schalke 04 job 3/4 way through my second season (Aston Villa League Winners, 9th in PL) and in my second game Stuttgart score and I am adamant it's offside. Just as I prepare to launch into a tirade about a scripted ME I see the magic words "The referee is going to check the video".

I BLOODY LOVE VAR!

Since then have had 2 penalties awarded (1 soft, 1 clear that didn't need to be checked!) a penalty changed to a free kick on the edge of the box, a last minute equaliser for me ruled out for offside and a two footed tackle by my DM ruled fair. VAR has really added a good bit of suspense to my matches now.

As this thread was opened in relation to a Sunderland moment of happiness, I shall pick up from there :)

- In FM11, Jordan Henderson scoring the winning goal in the Champions League final against Atletico Madrid

- FM11, same save, seeing my newgens and a young man called "Ryan O'Brien" with flowing Roy of the Rovers style hair and looks, and attributes that, even at age 16-17, were amazing. I knew I had something special. A season later, he scored his first goal, a stupendous free-kick to win 2-1 in a close game against what was a top Everton side. He'd go on to score over 250 league goals, countless more in cups, and made what must have been easily over 700 appearances in total. Imagine Messi but with a bit more height, workrate and some other mental attributes. I kept a screenshot of him at his peak, 20s in all the right places (no, I didn't rig his training), sadly I've lost it now when I changed PC and forgot to copy the file over. I'll never have a player like him again.

- Stadium built in my name, same save as above.

- Winning Champions League with Dinamo Zagreb, and them building a statue in my honour :)

Now all I need is a son....

On 13/11/2018 at 00:44, RWClarke said:

Earlier this evening. I was drawing 0-0 as FC Sankt Pauli against Jahn Regensburg, needing a win to draw level with Hamburg SV at the top of 2.Bundesliga. As a last, desperate, roll of the dice on 88 minutes, I chucked my center-half Avevor forwards to join the attack as a target man. With +4 minutes of added time given, he managed to go and score on 95:30 to win the game. :D

Very nice! Please steal the league title from Hamburg, it's okay right as St Pauli!

• 3 weeks later...

Doing , unfortunately, the unthinkable in the real world, Benfica in the Champions League Final against City.

But on the other end, i make 30+ shots and 1 or 2 goals but always lose in the league, but in the UCL I just demolishing teams :lol:

SI fix the ME for once

PS: With no new players, only with the current squad.

Archived