Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
mark wilson27

The Making of a Legend: The Mark Wilson Chronicles (Part Six: A Nou Job in the Catalan)

Il y a 2 heures, mark wilson27 a dit :

Barcelona 0-1 Vigo

OMG!  and all of you were able to leave the Nou Camp alive?  damn!

Only just made it out mate

February 9th:
A.Madrid (A) Spanish Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg (agg 3-0)
After the last games p&*s poor performance I told the players I wanted a lot more and on the 5th minute we grabbed the lead with K.Mbappe heading in from a M.Khumalo cross. The rest of the half saw my side controlling much of it however with two minutes remaining in the half Madrid pulled level with a low shot from L.Magnin which M.ter Stegen should've really saved.
The second half was all my side again and on the 68th minute we grabbed the lead back with H.Kurt rising above the defence an heading a Neymar cross past the Madrid keeper. Twelve minutes later we had another chance to score with J.Caicedo one on one with the keeper however he proper bum fluffed it towards the corner flag. Madrid were never at the races

A.Madrid 1-2 Barcelona L.Magnin 43 / K.Mbappe 5, H.Kurt 68

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, J.Gimenez, H.Kurt (M.Djukic), B.Mendy (Q.Monnier), Neymar, E.Carvalho, M.Khumalo, A.Piras, K.Mbappe, P.Dybala (J.Caicedo)

We have qualified for the Spanish Cup Final after beating A.Madrid 5-1 on aggregate where we will be facing another Madrid side, Real Madrid at the Nuevo Mestalla

February 12th:
Espanyol (A) (24/38)
A slow start saw little action from both my side and the Espanyol side. On the 32nd minute I was forced into a change as a poor challenge saw A.Piras needing to be replaced. From the resulting free-kick we grabbed the lead as Neymar fired in from twenty five yards. With six minutes remaining in the half we doubled the lead as M.Khumalo ran with the ball through the defence and fired with pace under the onrushing keeper.
Five minutes into the half though Espanyol pulled a goal back with Otavio heading in from a looping cross. On the 53rd minute Espanyol scored again with L.Pellegrino diverting a K.Baise shot past his own keeper for an own goal. On the 74th minute I was forced into another change as I.David came on for the injured H.Kurt. On the stroke of full time another own goal was scored with I.David heading past M.ter Stegen to make the scoreline 3-2.

Espanyol 2-3 Barcelona Otavio 50, I.David 90 og / Neymar 33, M.Khumalo 39, L.Pellegrino 53 og  

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, J.Gimenez (M.Djukic), H.Kurt (inj 74-I.David), B.Mendy, Neymar, E.Carvalho, M.Khumalo, A.Piras (inj 32-C.Theunis), K.Mbappe, K.Baise

Booked: H.Kurt

After the game I was informed that A.Piras will be out for around 4-5 month after damaging his Achilles Tendon during the game. We will also be without H.Kurt for around a month after spraining his ankle.

I have been asked about the pressure I am receiving regarding my job, I have told the awaiting press that pressure is all part and parcel of the game and that I thrive from the pressure

February 20th:
Valencia (H) (25/38)
Four minutes into the game we took the lead as K.Baise ran through the defence and fired with power past the keeper. Soon after we had another chance to score with a long range effort from B.Mendy which was tipped onto the corner of the post by the keeper. Just after the half hour we made it two nil with K.Baise grabbing his second of the game with a powerful strike which gave the keeper no chance of saving.
The second half was nine minutes old when we added a third goal with K.Mbappe running through the defence onto an E.Carvalho through-ball to fire under the keeper. On the 62nd minute we added another goal with K.Mbappe grabbing his second of the game after rising above the defence and headed a B.Mendy cross past the keeper. We were making light work and on the 73rd minute K.Mbappe grabbed his hat-trick with a well taken penalty after he was brought down in the area. There was one more goal in the game as two minutes from the end of the time  R.Mir pulled a goal back to give the Valencia fans something too shout about

Barcelona 5-1 Valencia K.Baise 4, 32, K.Mbappe 54, 62, 73 pen / R.Mir 88

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier (I.David), J.Gimenez, D.Martinez (M.Djukic), B.Mendy, Neymar (C.Theunis), E.Carvalho, M.Khumalo, P.Dybala, K.Mbappe, K.Baise

Booked: Q.Monnier, B.Mendy 

looking like the fact you needed armored cars to get out alive against Vigo made your players a bit more aware... ;)

Something must of lit a fire up there ass

February 23rd:
SLB (H) Champions Cup 1st Knockout Rd 1st Leg
We started well in the game against SLB and on the 6th minute K.Baise grabbed a thunderous effort which gave the keeper no chance of saving. However we let ourselves down as after the goal we failed to get close to the ball and on the 32nd minute we conceded an away goal with R.Fuentes beating the offside trap and wasted no time in firing under M.ter Stegen.
The second half was all SLB as we couldn't string more than a couple of passes together With fifteen minutes remaining in the game I was forced into a change as M.Khumalo was replaced by M.Djukic. On the 86th minute SLB grabbed the winner as R.Fuentes headed in past M ter Stegen after a poor attempt at saving the ball.

Barcelona 1-2 SLB K.Baise 6 / R.Fuentes 32, 86  

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier (I.David), J.Gimenez, D.Martinez, B.Mendy, Neymar, E.Carvalho, M.Khumalo (inj 75-M.Djukic), P.Dybala (C.Theunis), K.Mbappe, K.Baise

Booked: Q.Monnier

Some more bad injury news is that M.Khumalo will miss around 8-9 months after damaging his Cruciate Ligament during the match.
On another note Q.Monnier will miss the next European game after picking up a third yellow card in the tournament

February 26th:
Sevilla (A) (26/38)
We got off to a great start as on the 4th minute B.Mendy ran through the defence and fired under the Sevilla keeper. We carried on the pressure and on the 21st minute we grabbed a second goal as Neymar played a one two with K.Mbappe and fired into the top corner of the net. Just before the break we had the chance to grab another goal with K.Baise slotting wide of the post from close range.
The second half though was a different story as Sevilla battered us and on the 54th minute J.Simon barged through my defence with real ease and fired past M.ter Stegen. Sevilla were all over us and on the 71st minute they equalised as B.Da Silva jinked into the area and rounded my keeper to fire into the empty net. There was one more goal in the game as deep into injury time B.Da Silva grabbed his second and the winner for Sevilla with a powerful strike from 25 yards.

Sevilla 3-2 Barcelona J.Simon 54, B.Da Silva 71, 90+2 / B.Mendy 4, Neymar 21

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, J.Gimenez, D.Martinez (M.Djukic), B.Mendy, Neymar, E.Carvalho, C.Theunis, P.Dybala (E.Ramirez), K.Mbappe, K.Baise (J.Caicedo)

Booked: M.Djukic

After the game I have been informed that E.Ramirez will be out for around 9-12 days with a sprained wrist and K.Baise will be out for around 5 days after damaging his heel
I was also informed that this was my 100th game in charge of Barcelona with the following stats
Played: 100
Won: 63
Drawn: 13
Lost: 24
For: 235
Against: 115

February 29th:
Real Madrid (H) (27/38)
We now faced Real Madrid and they came out with all guns blazing and on the 18th minute they took the lead with F.Colidio rose above the defence and headed the ball past M.ter Stegen. Ten minutes later they had another chance from the penalty spot after J.Gimenez fouled in the area, however M.ter Stegen saved well. On the stroke of half time they grabbed another goal with F.Colidio firing home from close range,
The second half was all Madrid as they piled forward but M.ter Stegen kept us in the game with a string of saves. We weren't getting much of the ball and with a minute remaining in the game we pulled a goal back with Neymar curling in from the corner of the area, however the majority of the Barcelona fans had left by then.

Barcelona 1-2 Real Madrid Neymar 89 / F.Colidio 18, 44

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, J.Gimenez, D.Martinez (M.Djukic), B.Mendy (I.David), Neymar, E.Carvalho, C.Theunis, A.Nieblas, K.Mbappe, J.Caicedo (P.Dybala)

Monthly Review:
Spanish First Division: 3rd 49pts (-13pts)
Spanish Cup: Final v Real Madrid
Champions Cup: 1st Knockout Rd v SLB

Once again, the numbers didn't lie...  That leaky defence...  Sigh...  I feel for you to have a GK like him and he is let down so often he let more than 1 goal per game go in...  Almost wondering if you don't go in with some kind of High risk/High reward system like the old 4-2-4 with CMs (not DMs)...

Rien - I'm nopt going to say anything apart from the belwo result says it all

March 2028:
March 4th:
Real San Sebastian (A) (28/38)
A very poor start saw M.Oyarzabal running through my defence with real ease and fired under M.ter Stegen. It didn't get any better as on the 11th minute I.Rodriguez made a mockery of my defence and fired with pace past my keeper. Real San Sebastian were all over us and on the 33rd minute they had another chance to from the spot after J.Gimenez fouled, luckily for us  M.ter Stegen saved well.
The second half was just as bad as the home side battered us and on the 49th minute I.Rodriguez grabbed his second of the game with a low shot. Ten minutes later he completed his hat-trick with a thunderous effort which gave M.ter Stegen no chance of saving. On the 79th minute it was 5-0 with P.Sisto getting in on the act. With ten minutes remaining in the game we pulled a goal back as P.Dybala rose above the defence and headed a C.Theunis cross past the keeper. A real dire game for my side

Real San Sebastian 5-1 Barcelona M.Oyarzabal 1, I.Rodriguez 11, 49, 59, P.Sisto 79 / P.Dybala 80

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier (I.David), J.Gimenez, D.Martinez (M.Djukic), B.Mendy, A.Nieblas (P.Dybala), E.Carvalho, C.Theunis, Neymar, K.Mbappe, J.Caicedo

March 8th:
Some good news on the injury front sees H.Kurt returning to full training after a month out with a sprained ankle

March 10th: 
After the recent loss the pressure has been building on me but luckily I have a fans favourite David Martinez backing me up. Hopefully this could give me alittle bit more time

March 11th:
Coruna (H) (29/38)
We just can't seem to get going in games and within a minute we were a goal down with J.Garcia hitting home from outside the area after my midfield failed to close him down. Soon after we went a further goal down with P.Nolaskoain jinking through the defence with far too much and slotted in past the keeper who was slow to react. It was all Coruna and on the stroke of half time M.ter Stegen saved brilliantly to keeper to scoreline at 2-0 as we were booed off the pitch.
The second half was ten minutes old when we went a further goal down as F.Castellano fired in from the penalty spot after J.Gimenez fouled in the area. We just never seemed to get going and even when Coruna were reduced to ten men after F.Castellano was sent off for a second yellow card on the 68th minute we never came close to pulling the game back. The chorus of boo's that sounded at the final whistle was defeaning 

Barcelona 0-3 Coruna J.Garcia 1, P.Nolaskoain 14, F.Castellano 55 pen  

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, J.Gimenez, D.Martinez (M.Djukic), B.Mendy (I.David), A.Nieblas (P.Dybala), E.Carvalho, C.Theunis, Neymar, K.Mbappe, J.Caicedo

Booked: B.Mendy, J.Gimenez

March 14th:
SLB (A) Champions Cup 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg (agg 1-2)
This was my 400th game in management lets hope its a good one for me.
Again a poor start saw us a goal down on the 11th minute with R.Fuentes beating the offside trap and firing under M.ter Stegen who was furious with the defence. Ten minutes later they had another chance with a curling effort which had my keeper at full stretch to save Just before the break SLB had another chance to score with a long range shot which saw M.ter Stegen at full stretch to save.
The second half wasn't much better as we struggled to string more than a couple of passes together and on the hour we conceded a silly penalty after J.Gimenez fouled with his first touch of the game. Luckily for us M.ter Stegen saved the penalty. With eight minutes remaining in the game we had our first chance of the game with K.Mbappe rattling the upright from outside the area

SLB 1-0 Barcelona R.Fuentes 11

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, M.Djukic (J.Gimenez), H.Kurt, B.Mendy (D.Lopez), A.Nieblas (P.Dybala), E.Carvalho, C.Theunis, Neymar, K.Mbappe, J.Caicedo

Booked: A.Nieblas, Neymar

We have been knocked out of Europe with a 3-1 aggregate loss

After 400 games in management these are my current stats:
Played: 400
Won: 229
Drawn: 60
Lost: 111
For: 847
Against: 519
Manager Awards: 14

Career Earnings: £5,750,000
Players Sold: 36
Players Released: 23
Total Transfer Fees Received: £178,000,000
Highest Fee Paid: £75,000,000 Kingsley Baise (19/7/2027)
Highest Fee Received: £23,000,000 Hernan Moreno (19/6/2027)

March 15th:
With the recent loss it means I have set a new record of losses for Barcelona with that being the 6th loss in a row

Rien - Thats one word for it mate

March 18th:
Valladolid (A) (30/38)
After our recent poor form we finally pulled our fingers out and started to play and on the 20th minute we grabbed the lead as C.Theunis jinked through the defence and fired under the onrushing keeper. Ten minutes later we had the chance of a second goal with K.Mbappe firing wide from the penalty spot after Neymar was brought down in the area.
The second half was three minutes old when we grabbed our second goal as A.Nieblas headed a Neymar cross past the Valladolid keeper. On the 58th minute we made it three nil with C.Theunis slotting in his second of the game with a low shot which beat the keeper at his near post. It was getting too easy and nine minutes later we added yet another goal with E.Carvalho heading in a superb Neymar cross to give the keeper no chance. We were making it far too easy and with a minute remaining in the game P.Dybala added our fifth goal with a thunderous strike which gave beat the keeper into the top corner.

Valladolid 0-5 Barcelona C.Theunis 20, 58, A.Nieblas 48, E.Carvalho 67, P.Dybala 89

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, M.Djukic (J.Gimenez), H.Kurt, B.Mendy, A.Nieblas, E.Carvalho, C.Theunis (D.Lopez), Neymar, K.Mbappe, J.Caicedo (P.Dybala)

Monthly Review:
Spanish First Division: 5th 52pts (-19pts)
Spanish Cup: Final v Real Madrid
Champions Cup: Knocked out in 1st Knockout Rd v SLB

salkster - Hopefully I will be, want to see if I can win the title

April 2028:
April 1st:
Grenada (H) (31/38)
Six minutes into the game we took the lead as S.Ibanez curled in from outside the area after spotting the keeper off his line. Just before the half hour we had another chance to score as K.Baise ran onto a K.Mbappe through-ball and fired just wide of the post.
The second half was again all us and on the 58th minute K.Baise made it two nil with a low shot past the keeper after he was slow to react. Three minutes later we added another goal as M.Djukic headed in a Neymar corner. We were dominating the game with real ease and on the 74th minute K.Mbappe hit a thunderous shot which stung the fingers of the keepers. It was just too easy and on the stroke of full time we made it 5-0 with Neymar jinking through the defence with far too easy and slotted in under the onrushing keeper.

Barcelona 5-0 Grenada S.Ibanez 6, K.Baise 58, M.Djukic 61, K.Mbappe 74, Neymar 90+1

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, M.Djukic, D.Martinez, B.Mendy, A.Nieblas, S.Ibanez, C.Theunis, Neymar, K.Mbappe, K.Baise

Booked: S.Ibanez, D.Martinez, A.Nieblas

April 8th:
A.Bilbao (H) (32/38)
A pretty dire game for the fans as neither my side or the A.Bilbao side failed to play that thing called football. The first half failed to see a single effort on goal.
The second half wasn't much better with little in the way of action apart from on the stroke of full time when K.Mbappe failed to fire in from the penalty spot after K.Baise was brought down in the area.

Barcelona 0-0 A.Bilbao 

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, M.Djukic, D.Martinez (H.Kurt), B.Mendy, A.Nieblas, S.Ibanez (E.Carvalho), C.Theunis, Neymar (J.Caicedo), K.Mbappe, K.Baise

Booked: B.Mendy

After the game I was informed that B.Mendy will miss the  next league game after picking up his 5th yellow card of the season

April 16th:
Cordoba (A) (33/38)
A real poor performance saw us a goal down within five minutes as C.Veiga ran through my defence with far too much ease and fired under M.ter Stegen. We weren't even getting close to the ball and on the 28th minute I.Gil made it two nil with a brilliant header which my keeper should have done better to save. Just before the break Cordoba came close to a third with a thunderous effort which saw M.ter Stegen managed to tip over the crossbar.
The second half was barely two minutes old when it was three nil as I.Gil jinked into the area with ease with a low shot past the keeper. The rest of the half was all Cordoba as my players never came close to the ball and with twelve minutes remaining they added goal number four with I.Gil completing his hat-trick with a fine shot from just outside the area,

Cordoba 4-0 Barcelona C.Veiga 5, I.Gil 28, 47, 78

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, M.Djukic (H.Kurt), D.Martinez, Q.Monnier, A.Nieblas (E.Carvalho), S.Ibanez (P.Dybala), C.Theunis, Neymar, K.Mbappe, K.Baise

Booked: D.Martinez, Neymar, A.Nieblas

April 18th:
My position at Camp Nou is getting more and more unstable with rumours that my position is close to be decided. Looks like I might be needing to get my P45 back

April 19th:
More news that wont help my position is that Real Madrid have just won the Spanish First Division