Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
mark wilson27

The Making of a Legend: The Mark Wilson Chronicles (Part Six: A Nou Job in the Catalan)

Season Eleven 2026/27
July 2026:
July 26th:
It was a hard decision not to make to my beloved Manchester United the next club I managed but I felt it wasn't the right time. So I decided to move to Barcelona to see if I could cope with the pressures of a huge club like this one. I have been given a three year contract worth £57,000 per week.
The squad is as follows:-

Goalkeepers:
Marc-Andre ter Stegen (GER) Age 34, Mahmoud El Sayed (EGY) Age 24

Defenders:
Hamed Kone (CIV) Age 26, Hernon Moreno (ARG) Age 24, Luke Shaw (ENG) Age 31, Jose Gimenez (URU) Age 31, Milos Djukic (SRB) Age 26, Hidayet Kurt (TUR) Age 24, Benjamin Mendy (FRA) Age 32

Midfielders:
Neymar (BRA) Age 34, Joao Mario (POR) Age 33, Carlos Ibarra (CHI) Age 26, Emiliano Carvalho (POR) Age 23, Ciprian Redinciuc (ROU) Age 21, Panagiotis Panagiotis (GRE) Age 27, Moreira (BRA) Age 24, Antonino Pulvirenti (ITA) Age 21, Kylian Mbappe (FRA) Age 27, Christian Theunis (BEL) Age 25, Josep Marquez (ESP) Age 25, Andrea Piras (ITA) Age 24, Juan Manuel Farias (ARG) Age 21

Attacker:
Paulo Dybala (ARG) Age 32, Jorge Caicedo (ESP) Age 25, Gianluca Mancini (ITA) Age 22

The squad isnt too shabby, however we have an overabundance of attacking midfielders and I could do with another keeper. The main problem I see with the squad is there are quite a few older players so I will need to bring in some fresh blood

July 27th:
The club secretary has informed me of the draw for the Spanish Super Cup Final were we will be facing Real Madrid with the first leg being at the Santiagio Bernabeu

July 29th:
The first friendly of the pre-season sees my side facing German side Hoffenheim and in truth we failed to turn up as they beat us 3-1 with G.Mancini scoring our only goal

It is the very same Rien, Mbappe is a damn good addition aswell and he is just reaching his peak

August 2026:
August 1st:
Our next friendly saw us facing Besiktas and we outclassed them in a three nil win with K.Mbappe, J.Mario and G.Mancini all scoring

August 7th:
Transfer news sees G.Mancini leaving the club and joining OM for a fee of £22,500,000 which could rise to £28,500,000.

August 8th:
The odds for the forthcoming season have been released and we have been quoted at 2-1 favourites to win the title . Our next friendly saw us facing American side Minnesota and we beat them 3-0 with goals from P.Panagiotidis, L.Shaw and P.Dybala.

August 12th:
The next friendly saw us facing Sporting Kansas City where we beat them 3-0 with P.Panagiotidis, P.Dybala and Moreira all scoring however the game came at a cost as K.Mbappe will be ruled out for around 2-3 months with a broken ankle

August 16th:
Real Madrid (Santiagio Bernabeu, Madrid) Super Cup Final 1st Leg
My first competitive game in charge of Barcelona and we faced our main rivals Real Madrid. We started the better and on the 8th minute we took the lead with a bullet header from H.Kurt after running into the area unmarked onto a Neymar free-kick. Two minutes later we grabbed another goal with P.Dybala slotting in from close range after R.Pires spilt a powerful E.Ramirez shot. We were all over Madrid and by rights should have scored another goal on the 34th minute but Neymar somehow managed to fluff his effort from close range.
The second half started well for us as we continued the pressure and on the 66th minute Neymar got the goal he deserved with a low shot from the edge of the area, however three minutes later we let ourselves down as D.Bruno completed a great Madrid move to fire in under M.ter Stegen who was slow to react. Madrid could smell blood and they started the forward pressure but we managed to hold on till the 87th minute when J.Hernandez fired in to give Madrid some hope in the second leg.

Real Madrid 2-3 Barcelona D.Bruno 69, J.Hernandez 87 / H.Kurt 8, P.Dybala 10, Neymar 66

Real Madrid: R.Pires, P.Lirola, L.Jose, J.Mere (capt) (A.Tuanzebe), U.Toprak, D.Bruno, T.Mala, A.Halilovic, M.Boumelaha, J.Brandt (P.MBarga), F.Colidio (J.Hernandez)

Barcelona: M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Kone, H.Kurt, J.Gimenez, L.Shaw, P.Panagiotidis, J.Marquez (Moreira), E.Carvalho, Neymar, E.Ramirez (J.Mario), P.Dybala

Booked: P.Lirola (Real Madrid) / H.Kurt (Barcelona)

August 17th:
I have been asked to choose the clubs Captain and Vice Captain for the forthcoming season. I have chosen Marc-Andre ter Stegen as my Captain with Neymar as my Vice Captain

Good luck in Barcelona bro. One of my most successful saves was on FM10, with Barca, so it's always nice to see someone else give them a go. It's also nice to see someone manage a big club, as there aren't too many stories with big clubs than there are the smaller ones we seen many of!

As Gav says, good luck in Catalonia - no doubt some great players (shame about Mbappe's injury) but a huge amount of pressure to go with it. Doesn't seem 10 minutes ago you were getting sacked by the Blades...

Cheers Gav, its good to have you along mate. To be fair I never really noticed that their aren't many stories involving big clubs on the boards

EvilDave the pressure I can imagine will be huge hopefully I'll be able to cope. The seasons have flown by since the start of my save and the few months in Sheffield

August 19th:
Real Madrid (Camp Nou, Barcelona) Super Cup Final 2nd Leg (agg 3-2)
We had a slender lead going into the second leg and I told the players not to get too complacent. We started well and it took till the 20th minute for us to have the first shot as P.Dybala ran onto a P.Panagiotidis through-ball but his final effort went wide of the post. Eight minutes later we had another chance with a curling effort from J.Marquez from outside the area but A.Abdi saved well to deny us. On the 33rd minute Real Madrid had their first chance as F.Colidio saw M.ter Stegen off his line and tried a cheeky lob however the ball failed to dip enough and it landed on top of the net. Five minutes later the first goal was scored as E.Raminez barged into the area and slotted in a P.Panagiotidis low cross under A.Abdi's body to send us into the half time break 1-0 up and 4-2 up on aggregate.
The second half started with Real Madrid nearly scoring within two minutes as M.Boumelaha ran through my defence with ease but M.ter Stegen saved well to deny him. On the hour J.Hernandez had the next chance for Madrid after rising above the defence and heading a D.Bruno cross towards goal but M.ter Stegen again saved well. With twelve minutes remaining in the game Madrid had yet another chance to score as T.Mala threaded the ball brilliantly between H.Kurt and H.Kone but M.ter Stegen reacted well and smothered the ball bravely at the feet of P.Mbarga. On the 89th minute Madrid finally scored with J.Carlos firing with power past M.ter Stegen but it was too little too late for Madrid and I've won my first trophy as Barcelona manager. Hopefully the first of many

Barcelona 1-1 Real Madrid E.Ramirez 38 / J.Carlos 89

Barcelona: M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Kone, H.Kurt, J.Gimenez (M.Djukic), L.Shaw, P.Panagiotidis, J.Marquez, E.Carvalho (J.Mario), Neymar (Moreira), E.Ramirez, P.Dybala

Real Madrid: A.Abdi, P.Lirola, L.Jose, J.Mere (capt), U.Toprak, D.Bruno, T.Mala, A.Halilovic (J.Carlos), M.Boumelaha, J.Brandt (P.Mbarga), F.Colidio (J.Hernandez)

Booked: E.Carvalho, P.Dybala (Barcelona) /  M.Boumelaha, U.Toprak, P.Lirola (Real Madrid)

After the game I was informed that J.Marquez will be out for around a month after straining his groin during the game

August 24th:
Espanyol (A) Spanish First Division (1/38)
The game started slowly and on the 17th minute we came close to taking the lead with P.Dybala running through the defence but his final effort went wide of the post. Eight minutes later we had another chance with P.Panagiotidis crossing into the area but E.Ramirez headed just over the crossbar when it was easier to score. We were making it look easy and on the 36th minute we grabbed the lead as A.Piras saw the keeper off his line and dinked the ball with skill from just outside the area.
The second half saw us carrying on the forward pressure and on the 54th minute P.Dybala had the chance to score but his final shot went well wide of the post. Ten minutes later L.Shaw crossed deep into the area but E.Carvalho headed straight into the keepers arms. We were completely in control of the game but we couldn't add to our tally.

Espanyol 0-1 Barcelona A.Piras 36

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Kone (H.Moreno), H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, P.Panagiotidis, A.Piras, E.Carvalho (J.Mario), Neymar, E.Ramirez (Moreira), P.Dybala

Booked: M.Djukic

Injury news after the game sees E.Ramirez out for around 3-5 days after straining his thigh during the game

August 27th:
Some good news on the injury front sees B.Mendy back in full training following his recent back injury
In other news the draw for the Champions Cup Group Stage taken place and is as follows:-

Group A: Chelsea (ENG), A.C.Milan (ITA), Dortmund (GER), Fenerbahce (TUR)
Group B: Man.City (ENG), Barcelona (ESP), AS Saint-Etienne (FRA), Shakhtar (UKR) 
Group C: R.Madrid (ESP), SLB (POR), Palermo (ITA), Red Star (SRB)
Group D: OM (FRA), Sporting (POR), Anderlecht (BEL), Olympiakos (GRE)
Group E: Paris Saint-Germain (FRA), Juventus (ITA), Zenit (RUS), Dinamo (CRO)
Group F: AS Monaco (FRA), Bayern (GER), INTER (ITA), Dinamo Buc. (ROU)
Group G: Man.Utd (ENG), A.Madrid (ESP), Leverkusen (GER), Rosenborg (NOR)
Group H: Liverpool (ENG), FCP (POR), Ajax (NED), Sparta Prague (CZE)

August 30th:
Coruna (H) (2/38)
Before the kick off I was informed that was my 300 game as a manager, hopefully it will be winning 300th game.
We struggled to get going in the first half with my side struggling to string more than a couple of passes together. We finally had the first chance of the game on the 33rd minute as Neymar jinked into the area and fired towards goal but the Coruna keeper saved well to deny him. With four minutes remaining in the half Coruna were reduced to ten men after J.Vicente was sent off for a two footed lunge on E.Ramirez.
The second half saw my players upping their level and on the 53rd minute we had another chance to score with P.Dybala heading a L.Shaw cross towards goal but the keeper saved well. Fourteen minutes later we finally broke the deadlock with H.Moreno unleashing a thunderbolt into the top corner from outside the area. On the 73rd minute we grabbed another goal with Neymar showing some skill to beat the defence and keeper to slot home into the empty net. It was becoming too easy and with ten minutes remaining in the game we were awarded a penalty after E.Carvalho was brought down in the area, P.Dybala stepped up and fired the penalty with pace just past the keepers outstretched arms to give us a convincing final forty five minutes

Barcelona 3-0 Coruna H.Moreno 67, Neymar 73, P.Dybala 80 pen 

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Kone, H.Kurt (H.Moreno), M.Djukic, L.Shaw, P.Panagiotidis, A.Piras (J.Mario), E.Carvalho, Neymar, E.Ramirez (Moreira), P.Dybala

Booked: E.Carvalho, A.Piras

So my 300th game was a winning game, here are my stats up to date:-
Played: 300
Won: 169
Drawn: 48
Lost: 83
For: 618
Against: 396
Manager Awards: 14

Career Earnings: £1,100,000
Players Sold: 19
Players Released: 23
Total Transfer Fees Received: £26,000,000
Highest Fee Paid: £1,100,000 for Luka Belic
Highest Fee Received: £22,500,000 for Gianluca Mancini

August 31st:
Transfer news sees A.Pulvirenti moving to West Brom for a fee of £7,750,000 which could rise to £10,000,000 and R.Turrion joining A.Pamplona for a fee of £1,500,000 which could rise to £1,900,000.
I have also brought in Quentin Monnier from Sevilla for a fee of £23,000,000. He is a 23yr old Full Back. I also brought in Llan David for a fee of £29,500,000, he is a 24yr old Full Back

September 2026:
September 10th:
The odds for the Champions Cup have been released and we have been quoted a 7-1 with Man.City, Man.Utd and Paris Saint-Germain made joint 5-1 favourites

September 12th:
A.Bilbao (A) (3/38)
A.Bilbao controlled the first half with ease and on the 25th minute they took the lead with J.Gohl beating the offside trap and firing under M.ter Stegen. Soon after they had another chance with a long range effort which saw my keeper at full stretch to save. With three minutes remaining in the half they had another chance to score with a curling effort which went just wide of the post.
The second half wasn't much better and on the 49th minute I was forced into a change after P.Panagiotidis received a blow to his head and needed replacing, C.Theunis came on as his replacement. Six minutes later A.Bilbao  grabbed a further goal with D.Imaz rising above my keeper and headed a looping cross past the keeper. On the hour mark my side was reduced to ten men after C.Theunis was sent off for a poor challenge. A.Bilbao were by far the better side and on the 79th minute they made it three nil with a low shot from inside the area. However three minutes later we pulled a goal back as Moreira intercepted a loose ball and fired past the opposition keeper. A poor performance by my side

A.Bilbao 3-1 Barcelona J.Gohl 25, D.Imaz 55, I.Prieto 79 / Moreira 82 

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, P.Panagiotidis (inj 49-C.Theunis), A.Piras, C.Ibarra (Moreira), Neymar, P.Dybala (C.Redincluc), J.Caicedo

After the game I was informed that P.Panagiotidis will be out for around 2-3 days after earning himself a concussion. I also fined C.Theunis a weeks wages for his poorly timed challenge

September 13th:
Injury news sees the return of J.Marquez after his recent groin strain.

September 15th:
Man.City (H) Champions Cup Grp B (1/6)
After the last performance I made sure my players knew what I expected of them. They seemed to listen and on the 11th minute we grabbed the lead with J.Caicedo jinking through the defence and fired with pace under the onrushing keeper. Eight minutes later we had another chance as P.Dybala headed in from close range but the goal was ruled out for a foul on the keeper. It was too easy for my side and on the 35th minute J.Caicedo grabbed his second of the game with a low shot from six yards.
The second half was four minutes old when we added a further goal with Moreira doing the honours from ten yards after running onto a H.Kone through-ball. We were dominating the game and on the 74th minute C.Redinciuc had the chance to grab a fourth goal but the Man.City keeper saved brilliantly and bravely at his feet. Six minutes later though Man.City pulled goal back with M.Cortes curling in a brilliant free-kick from 25 yards after M.Djukic fouled. Their was one more goal in the game as deep into injury time Neymar fired in the fourth and final goal from the edge of the area

Barcelona 4-1 Man.City J.Caicedo 11, 35, Moreira 49, Neymar 90+2 / M.Cortes 80

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David (C.Theunis), H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, Neymar, A.Piras (C.Redincluc), C.Ibarra (H.Kone), Moreira, P.Dybala, J.Caicedo

Other Grp Result:
Shakhtar 3-1 AS Saint-Etienne

September 20th:
Levante (H) (4/38)
Seven minutes into the game we went a goal up as P.Dybala ran through the defence with ease and fired under the inrushing keeper. Soon after P.Dybala had another chance as he rose above the defence but he failed to connect with Neymar's cross. We carried on piling forward and on the 38th minute we grabbed another goal as Neymar beat the offside trap and slotted in under the keeper. Five minutes later we were awarded a penalty after Moreira was brought down in the area, P.Dybala stepped up and fired the penalty high past the keeper.
The second half was again all my side and on the 51st minute we added another goal with Moreira heading in from close range after running onto a Neymar cross. We were all over Levante and on the 68th minute Neymar fired in his second of the game with a curling effort into the top corner which gave the keeper no chance of saving. It was getting too easy and three minutes later J.Caicedo grabbed his first of the game with a low shot which beat the keeper to his near post. With eleven minutes remaining we got the seventh and final goal with P.Panagiotidis doing the honours from close range after a Neymar cross beat the defence with real ease.

Barcelona 7-0 Levante P.Dybala 7, 43 pen, Neymar 38, 68, Moreira 51, J.Caicedo 71, P.Panagiotidis 79

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, Neymar, A.Piras (P.Panagiotidis), C.Ibarra (C.Redincluc), Moreira (J.Marquez), P.Dybala, J.Caicedo

Booked: C.Ibarra, Neymar

September 23rd:
Cordoba (5/38)
We controlled the game with ease and on the 16th minute we had the chance to take the lead with a powerful strike from Moreira which saw the keeper at full stretch to save. Eight minutes later we came close again with a curling effort from Neymar which curled just wide of the post. It was too easy for us and with four minutes remaining in the half we took the lead with J.Caicedo rising above the defence and heading a L.Shaw cross past the keeper.
The second half was much the same and however on the 59th minute Cordoba pulled level as S.Skalli slotted in from close range after my defence seemed to fall asleep. The home sides joy didn't last long as four minutes later J.Caicedo sprinted through the Cordoba defence with ease and fired under the onrushing keeper. On the 73rd minute we had yet another chance as H.Kone curled the ball into the area but Moreira headed wide of the post. With nine minutes remaining in the game as added goal number three as P.Dybala jinked with ease through the Cordoba defence and fired with pace past the keeper.

Cordoba 1-3 Barcelona S.Skalli 59 / J.Caicedo 41, 63, P.Dybala 81

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David (C.Redincluc), H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, Neymar (H.Kone), A.Piras, C.Ibarra (P.Panagiotidis), Moreira, P.Dybala, J.Caicedo

September 27th:
R.Madrid (H) (6/38)
The game didn't exactly go to plan as R.Madrid dominated and on the 24th minute F.Colidio gave them the lead with a fine strike from outside the area. Ten minutes later they had another chance as my defence seemed to be asleep but luckily for them M.ter Stegen managed to save the day. On the 37th minute we had our first chance of the game with P.Dybala firing high and wide of the goal when it was easier to score.
The second half wasn't much better as we were outplayed and out thought but on the 62nd minute J.Caicedo slotted in from close range after the Madrid keeper failed to deal with a powerful Moreira shot. Six minutes later though Real Madrid retook the lead as F.Colidio headed in a cross. It got even worse on the 70th minute as A.Halilovic jinked through my defence with far too much ease and slotted in under the onrushing M.ter Stegen. As expected on the full time whistle my players were given a chorus of boos which they rightly deserved

Barcelona 1-3 R.Madrid J.Caicedo 62 / F.Colidio 24, 68, A.Halilovic 70

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, Neymar, A.Piras, C.Ibarra, Moreira, P.Dybala, J.Caicedo

September 30th:
AS Saint-Etienne (A) Champions Cup Grp B (2/6)
A poor start saw us going a goal down in the 9th minute thanks to a brilliant strike from S.Traore which gave M.ter Stegen no chance of saving. Twelve minutes later they had another chance as they broke through the defence with ease but M.ter Stegen saved the day with a great save. On the 37th minute we finally had the chance to score as P.Dybala jinked through the defence and rattled the bottom of the crossbar.
The second half was alittle better as we began to pile forward and on the 54th minute J.Caicedo came close with a long range shot which beat the keeper but not the crossbar. Ten minutes later P.Dybala had yet another chance as he hit the ball low past the keeper and the upright. On the 74th minute we finally got the goal we deserved as Moreira hit a cross into the area but his cross screwed off his foot and looped over the keepers head for a fluky goal. With the game deep into injury time we had the chance for a winner as J.Caicedo piled forward into the area but his final effort was easily saved by the keeper.

AS Saint-Etienne 1-1 Barcelona S.Traore 9 / Moreira 74

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, Neymar (P.Panagiotidis), A.Piras (J.Marquez), C.Ibarra (C.Redincluc), Moreira, P.Dybala, J.Caicedo

Booked: I.David, L.Shaw

Other Grp B Result:
Man.City 4-0 Shakhtar

Monthly Review:
Spanish First Division: 4th 12pts (-4pts)
Spanish Cup: Not entered yet
Spanish Super Cup: Winners v R.Madrid
Champions Cup: Group Stage

October 2026:
October 3rd:
Villarreal (A) (7/38)
Not the start I wanted in the game as on the 16th minute my side was reduced to ten men after C.Ibarra was sent off for a two footed lunge. However thirteen minutes later we took the lead as A.Piras hit a powerful effort into the top corner to give the keeper little chance of saving. With two minutes remaining in the half though Villarreal had the chance to level with a fine strike which had M.ter Stegen at full stretch to save.
The second half was all Villarreal as they piled forward and on the 62nd minute they came close to the equaliser with a curling effort which saw M.ter Stegen beaten luckily for us the ball went just over the crossbar. We were on the back foot and on the 77th minute Villarreal got the equaliser they deserved with a fine strike from A.Marin which beat my keeper at his near post. With a minute remaining in the game Villarreal had a the chance to win the game after H.Kurt handled in the area, however the penalty was pretty dire and M.ter Stegen managed to save with ease

Villarreal 1-1 Barcelona A.Marin 77 / A.Piras 29 

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier (H.Kone), H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, Neymar, A.Piras (J.Marquez), C.Ibarra, Moreira (C.Redinciuc), P.Dybala, J.Caicedo

Red Card: C.Ibarra

After the game I fined C.Ibarra two weeks wages for his reckless challenge. He has also been banned for at least the next League game

October 14th:
Injury news sees H.Kone out for around a week after bruising his thigh during training

October 16th:
The draw for the Spanish Cup 4th Rd sees us drawn away from home against Huelva of the Spanish Second Division B4.

October 17th:
S.Gijon (H) (8/38)
My players started the game well as we piled forward and on the 14th minute we grabbed the lead with a goal from J.Caicedo who fired in from close range after the keeper spilt an A.Piras shot. Soon after we had another chance to score but Neymar failed to convert from six yards after breaking clear of the defence. It was becoming too easy for us but we couldn't add to our tally in the first half.
The second half was much the same but it was J.Prieto who scored the first goal of the half as my defence fell asleep. On the 73rd minute we had the chance to retake the lead but yet again our finishing wasn't up to scratch as E.Carvalho fired high into the Camp Nou stand. However with five minutes remaining in the game we grabbed the winner as J.Caicedo beat the offside trap and fired with pace under the onrushing Gijon keeper.

Barcelona 2-1 Gijon J.Caicedo 14, 85 / J.Prieto 68

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, Moreira, A.Piras (E.Ramirez), C.Redinciuc (J.Marquez), Neymar, P.Dybala (E.Carvalho), J.Caicedo[/i]

I know what you mean Gav. The teams form hasn't been great which is a worry knowing how trigger happy Chairmen are in Spain. 

On the other point, the bloody computer froze so it didn't show as being posted first time. Thanks for the spot

October 21st:
Shakhtar (H) Champions Cup Grp B (3/6)
A great start to the game saw us a goal up on the 13th minute as Neymar jinked through the defence and rifled in under the keeper. Four minutes later it was two nil as Q.Monnier curled in from outside the area to give the keeper little chance of saving. We were all over the Shakhtar side and on the 28th minute we had another chance with P.Panagiotidis rattling the crossbar from a free-kick after Moreira was brought down. Six minutes later though we conceded another sloppy goal with S.Mina heading in from close range after my defence and keeper failed to deal with an easy cross. With six minutes remaining in the half some more poor defending saw M.Djukic fouling in the area for a penalty, B.Stambouli stepped up and fired with pace past M.ter Stegen.
The second was alittle tighter with little in the way of chances however with four minutes left in the game we were awarded a dubious penalty which P.Panagiotidis fired in to give us all three if undeserved points

Barcelona 3-2 Shakhtar Neymar 13, Q.Monnier 17, P.Panagiotidis 86 pen / S.Mina 34, B.Stambouli 39 pen 

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, L.Shaw (B.Mendy), P.Panagiotidis, A.Piras (J.Marquez), C.Redinciuc (E.Carvalho), Moreira, Neymar, J.Caicedo

Booked: M.Djukic, A.Piras, J.Gimenez

Other Grp B Result:
Man.City 4-0 AS Saint-Etienne

October 23rd:
More injury news sees C.Theunis out of action for around 3-4 days after bruising his head in training

October 24th:
Getafe (H) (9/38)
We started brightly and it wasn't long till we had the first chance of the game with Moreira heading wide of the post from a C.Redinciuc cross on the 8th minute. Twelve minutes later we had our next chance as L.Shaw threaded the ball down the wing to Moreira who lashed the ball over the crossbar. We were in complete control and on the 26th minute we finally broke the deadlock as Neymar showed some of his old skill to beat the defence and keeper to slot home into the empty net. Just before the break we came close to another goal but P.Panagiotidis fired high and wide of the post when it was easier to score.
The second half was much the same as we continued the forward pressure and on the 59th minute we had our next chance as P.Panagiotidis rattled the crossbar from six yards after beating the defence to a loose ball. Ten minutes later the Getafe keeper produced a world class save to deny P.Dybala after he ran onto an A.Piras through-ball. Getafe were being battered however with six minutes remaining in the game we were punished for our lack of finishing as C.Perez finished a counter attack to give Getafe an undeserved point

Barcelona 1-1 Getafe Neymar 26 / C.Perez 84

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier (I.David), J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, P.Panagiotidis, A.Piras, C.Redinciuc (E.Carvalho), Moreira, Neymar, J.Caicedo (P.Dybala)

October 28th:
Elbar (A) (10/38)
Another good start saw my players controlling the early part of the game and on the 18th minute J.Caicedo finished off a great team move to give us the lead. Ten minutes later we had the chance to make it 2-0 after J.Caicedo was brought down in the area, P.Dybala stepped up and fired the penalty wide of the upright. On the 39th minute we had another chance to score with P.Dybala again missing from close range after running clear of the Elbar defence.
The second half was just as the first as we controlled the play and on the 52nd minute we broke clear of the defence but J.Caicedo somehow managed to fire wide of the post when it was easier to score. Like the previous game we were dominating but this time we grabbed a second goal as on the 67th minute P.Panagiotidis rose above the defence and headed a C.Redinciuc cross past the Elbar keeper. Elbar weren't getting close to the ball and with eight minutes remaining in the game we had the final chance of the game with A.Piras curling just wide of the post.

Elbar 0-2 Barcelona J.Caicedo 18, P.Panagiotidis 67 

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, P.Panagiotidis, A.Piras, C.Redinciuc, Moreira, P.Dybala, J.Caicedo

Booked: J.Gimenez, A.Piras, M.Djukic, I.David

October 31st:
Real Hispalis (H) (11/38)
The first half was a none event as we struggled to string more than few passes together. The majority of the play was centred in the middle third of the pitch but we did manage the one attack as J.Caicedo ran into the area unmarked and headed a looping cross straight into the keepers arms.
The second half was three minutes old when we broke the deadlock as P.Dybala finished a well worked team move to slot in under the onrushing keeper. The goal lifted my players and we began to outplay the opposition and on the 62nd minute we made it two  nil with Moreira firing in a free-kick from twenty five yards after P.Dybala was fouled. Twelve minutes later we came close to a third but J.Caicedo fired wide of the post from ten yards after breaking clear of the defence. With five minutes remaining in the game Real Hispalis pulled a goal back as A.Rodriguez saw M.ter Stegen off his line and dinked the ball from distance over his head but it was too little too late from our opposition and we got all three points 

Barcelona 2-1 Real Hispalis P.Dybala 48, Moreira 62 / A.Rodriguez 85

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, L.Shaw (B.Mendy), P.Panagiotidis, A.Piras, C.Redinciuc (E.Carvalho), Moreira (Neymar), P.Dybala, J.Caicedo

Booked: A.Piras

Injury news sees L.Shaw out for around 2-3 weeks after straining his calf during training

Monthly Review:
Spanish First Division: 4th 23pts (-2pts)
Spanish Cup: 4th Rd v Huelva

November 2026:
November 3rd:
Shakhtar (A) Champions Cup Grp B (4/6)
A poor start saw us a goal down within ten minutes as S.Mina beat my sides offside trap and fired with pace under M.ter Stegen. On the 17th minute they had another chance with a powerful strike which saw my keeper at full stretch to save. Just before the half hour we grabbed a goal however it was a comical own goal as H.Moreno cleared a Shakhtar effort straight past M.ter Stegen to give the home side a two goal lead.
The season half was all Shakhtar as they piled forward and on the hour mark they had another chance with a curling effort which H.Moreno cleared correctly this time. On the 74th minute we finally had the chance to pull a goal back as we countered Shakhtar but P.Dybala somehow managed to miss from close range. Which pretty much summed up the way the night went

Shakhtar 2-0 Barcelona S.Mina 10, H.Moreno 29 og

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David (B.Mendy), J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, H.Moreno, P.Panagiotidis, A.Piras (E.Carvalho), C.Redinciuc (Neymar), Moreira, P.Dybala, J.Caicedo

Other Group B Result; AS Saint-Etienne 1-1 Man.City

November 8th:
Sevilla (H) (12/38)
Sevilla started the better and on the 15th minute they cameos to taking the lead as they beat the defence to a loose ball but I.David managed to get back and block the effort. Ten minutes later we had the referee to thank as he ruled a goal out for a foul on M.ter Stegen. We were being pushed back all the time and on the 43rd minute M.ter Stegen was called upon to save the day from close range.
The second half was much the same as Sevilla controlled the play but on the 56th minute we had the chance to take the lead but Neymar missed a clear cut chance to score. Twelve minutes later Sevilla had yet an other effort saved by M.ter Stegen as they broke through my defence with far too much ease. It was one way traffic as Sevilla dominated but deep into injury time we grabbed all three points as Moreira hit a speculative shot from outside the area which wrong footed the keeper. An undeserved three points to be sure

Barcelona 1-0 Sevilla Moreira 90+2

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, H.Kurt, M.Djukic, B.Mendy, P.Panagiotidis, A.Piras (J.Marquez), C.Ibarra, Moreira, P.Dybala (E.Carvalho), J.Caicedo (Neymar)

Booked: C.Ibarra, E.Carvalho

Injury news sees B.Delgado out for around 3-4 months with a torn hamstring, funnily enough doing it during a warm up

November 15th:
Some good injury news sees L.Shaw back to full training following his recent calf strain 

November 18th:
More injury news sees I.David out for around 12 days after straining his abdominal in training

November 21st:
Vigo (A) (13/38)
A dire match for the fans as neither my side or the Vigo side threatened the opposing goals. The first half was didn't see a single effort on goal.
The second half wasn't much better with the majority of the play being played in the middle third. The game only had the one shot on target as Neymar gave us the winner with a rasping effort from just outside the area. However a dire game for the fans

Vigo 0-1 Barcelona Neymar 79

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier (E.Carvalho), H.Kurt, M.Djukic, B.Mendy, P.Panagiotidis, A.Piras (H.Moreno), C.Ibarra, K.Mbappe, C.Torres (Neymar), J.Caicedo

Booked: B.Mendy

November 25th:
Man.City (A) Champions Cup Grp B (5/6) 
A poor start saw us a goal down within three minutes as L.Edwards fired in past my keeper who seemed to have his head still in the changing room. It didn't get much better as on the 12th minute J.Sole made it 2-0 to Man.City with a fine strike. We weren't getting anything from the ball and just before the break M.ter Stegen produced a brilliant save to deny the City attack.
The second half wasn't much better as Man.City controlled the play without breaking my defence or a sweat. With five minutes remaining in the game the final goal was scored with Neymar finishing a counter attack with ease. As you can imagine I was far from pleased with my sides effort.

Man.City 2-1 Barcelona L.Edwards 3, J.Sole 12 / Neymar 85

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, H.Kurt, M.Djukic, B.Mendy, P.Panagiotidis, A.Piras (H.Moreno), C.Ibarra (J.Marquez), K.Mbappe, C.Torres (Neymar), J.Caicedo

Booked: J.Marquez

Other Group B Result: AS Saint-Etienne 1-0 Shakhtar

November 29th:
Valencia (A) (14/38)
We again didn't turn up as Valencia piled on the pressure from the start and on the 18th minute L.Sane gave the home side the lead with a thunderous strike which gave my keeper no chance of saving. Soon after they had another chance but H.Kurt bravely blocked the effort with his body. We were being outrun again and just before the break Valencia had another chance with a curling shot which had M.ter Stegen at full stretch to save.
The second half was all Valencia and on the 64th minute it was two nil with F.Oya heading in from a corner after my defence failed to get close to the ball. My players just weren't up for the game at all and with twelve minutes remaining we were reduced to ten men after B.Mendy received his second yellow of the game.

Valencia 2-0 Barcelona L.Sane 18, F.Oya 64 

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, H.Kurt, M.Djukic, B.Mendy, P.Panagiotidis, A.Piras (J.Marquez), C.Ibarra (Neymar), K.Mbappe (E.Carvalho), C.Torres, E.Ramirez

Booked: B.Mendy, A.Piras, Q.Monnier
Sent Off: B.Mendy (2 Yellow)

Monthly Review:
Spanish First Division: 3rd 29pts (-2pts)
Spanish Cup: 4th Rd v Huelva

December 2026:
December 2nd:
Huelva (A) Spanish Cup 4th Rd 1st Leg
A distraction from our recent poor form sees us facing lower league Huelva. We made light work of them in truth with some excellent play for once and on the 31st minute we took the lead with a rasping effort from Moreira. Seven minutes later it was two nil with P.Dybala doing the honours from close range after running into the area unmarked.
The second half was again all my side with a string of attacks early on. Just after the hour we grabbed another goal with P.Dybala heading in from a looping cross. On the 65th minute Neymar joined in the fun with a powerful strike into the top corner which gave the Huelva keeper no chance of saving. We were making light work of the game and with nine minutes remaining in the was five nil as E.Carvalho dinked the ball over the keeper from just outside the area. On the stroke of full time we were again reduced to ten men after J.Gimenez was given a second yellow card followed by the red

Huelva 0-5 Barcelona Moreira 31, P.Dybala 38, 62, Neymar 65, E.Carvalho 81 

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, H.Kurt (P.Panagiotidis), J.Gimenez, L.Shaw, C.Ibarra (Neymar), E.Carvalho, K.Mbappe (M.Djukic), A.Piras, Moreira, P.Dybala

Booked: J.Gimenez
Sent Off: J.Gimenez (2 yellows)

December 5th:
Malaga (H) (15/38)
Eight minutes into the game we took the lead as H.Moreno ran through the defence with ease and fired with pace past the Malaga keeper. It wasn't long till we had another chance with a low shot from Moreira but the keeper was on hand to block the effort. We were all over Malaga and with five minutes remaining in the half we made it two nil as P.Dybala fired in from the penalty spot after Moreira was brought down in the area.
The second half was all my side however we treated it like a training game and failed to get through the defence. By rights we should have scored a lot more and I expressed my anger at the players for that final forty five minutes

Barcelona 2-0 Malaga H.Moreno 8, P.Dybala 40 pen 

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, H.Kurt, J.Gimenez, L.Shaw, C.Ibarra (P.Panagiotidis), E.Carvalho, K.Mbappe (Neymar), A.Piras (J.Caicedo), Moreira, P.Dybala

Booked: L.Shaw

December 8th:
AS Saint-Etienne (H) Champions Cup Grp B (6/6)
The final group game and we dominated from start to finish. It took till the 23rd minute for us to take the lead as P.Dybala jinked into the area with ease and fired under the onrushing keeper. Nine minutes later it was two nil with a P.Dybala heading in a L.Shaw cross.
The second half was ten minutes old when we had another chance to score as M.Djukic curled a long range effort towards goal but the Saint-Etienne keeper managed to tip the ball around the post. On the 68th minute we grabbed the final goal as E.Carvalho showed some silky skill to beat the keeper from close range. We continued to press forward but failed to add to our tally.

Barcelona 3-0 AS Saint-Etienne P.Dybala 23, 32, E.Carvalho 68

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, H.Kurt (P.Panagiotidis), J.Gimenez, L.Shaw, C.Ibarra, E.Carvalho, K.Mbappe, A.Piras (M.Djukic), Moreira (Neymar), P.Dybala

Other Group B Result: Shakhtar 1-2 Man.City

Group B Final Standings:
1st: Man.City 13pts (Q)
2nd: Barcelona 10pts (Q)
3rd: Shakhtar 6pts (Europa League)
4th: AS Saint-Etienne 5pts

December 12th:
Almeria (A) (16/38)
A cracking start saw us taking the lead on the 8th minute with P.Dybala heading from close range. We carried on the pressure and on the 23rd minute A.Piras curled in from outside the area. It was far too easy for my side and with five minutes remaining in the half P.Dybala hit a thunderous effort past the keeper from just outside the area. On the 44th minute though Almeria pulled a goal back as N.Fekir hit a great free-kick past the outstretched arms of M.ter Stegen.
The second half was all my side and on the 67th minute A.Piras grabbed his second goal of the game and our fourth of the game. Almeria weren't getting close to the ball and just before the full time whistle we were awarded a penalty after P.Dybala was brought down in the area, Neymar stepped up and fired the ball just wide of the post.

Almeria 1-4 Barcelona N.Fekir 44 / P.Dybala 8, 40, A.Piras 23, 67

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, H.Kurt, J.Gimenez (P.Panagiotidis), L.Shaw, C.Ibarra (M.Djukic), E.Carvalho, K.Mbappe, A.Piras, Moreira (Neymar), P.Dybala

December 14th:
The draw for the European Champions Cup 1st Knockout Round has taken place and we have been drawn against French side AS Monaco. The first leg will be played at the Nou Camp

December 15th:
Transfer news sees midfielder J.Mario joining Napoli for a fee of £4,200,000

December 16th:
Huelva (H) Spanish Cup 4th Rd 2nd Leg (agg 5-0)
We began well and on the 18th minute we had the chance to take the lead as P.Dybala hit a powerful effort towards goal with a rasping effort which saw the Huelva keeper at full stretch to save. Twelve minutes later we had another chance to score as A.Piras curled the ball onto the upright. With five minutes remaining in the half we took the lead as P.Panagiotidis fired in from the penalty spot after Moreira's shot was handled in the area.
The second half was a dire affair with little in the way of action. Neither my side or the Huelva side came close to scoring till a minute from the end of the game as M.Abenza fired in the equaliser for Huelva

Barcelona 1-1 Huelva P.Panagiotidis 40 pen / M.Abenza 89

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, C.Ibarra (J.Caicedo), E.Carvalho, K.Mbappe (inj 15-P.Panagiotidis), A.Piras, Moreira, P.Dybala (Neymar)

Booked: H.Moreno

Injury news sees K.Mbappe out for around 3-4 weeks with a sprained ankle

December 19th:
A.Madrid (A) (17/38)
A cracking game for the fans with a seven goal thriller. The first goal of the game came on the 14th minute as P.Dybala jinked through the defence and fired under the keeper. Five minutes later though A.Madrid equalised as M.Odegaard headed in from close range after my defence fell asleep. The game was end to end and with three minutes remaining in the half C.Yildrim hit home from six yards. On the 44th minute we grabbed the equaliser as Moreira slotted in from just inside the area.
The second half was just as entertaining and on the 75th minute C.Yildrim beat my keeper with ease after he seemed to half asleep. Five minutes later we grabbed the equaliser again as E.Carvalho hit a powerful effort from twelve yards. However we let ourselves down as Koke beat the offside trap and rounded my keeper to slot home into the empty net

A.Madrid 4-3 Barcelona M.Odegaard 19, C.Yildrim 42, 75, Koke 81 / P.Dybala 14, Moreira 44, E.Carvalho 80

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, C.Ibarra (C.Theunis), E.Carvalho, P.Panagiotidis, A.Piras, Moreira (Neymar), P.Dybala

Booked: H.Moreno

January 2027:
January 2nd:
Oviedo (H) (18/38)
A great start saw us taking the lead on the 6th minute as J.Salgado diverted a P.Dybala shot past his own keeper. Soon after we had another chance with P.Dybala rattling the upright from outside the area. On the 29th minute we came close to grabbing a second goal with a powerful effort from A.Piras which had the Oviedo's keeper at full stretch to save the ball.
The second half was thirteen minutes old when we grabbed the next goal with A.Piras jinking through the defence and slotted in under the keeper. On the 73rd minute we had another chance to score with E.Raminez heading just wide of the post. With eight minutes remaining in the game we added a third goal as J.Caicedo hit the ball in off the upright after beating the defence to a loose ball

Barcelona 3-0 Oviedo J.Salgado 6 og, A.Piras 58, J.Caicedo 82

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, C.Ibarra (C.Theunis), E.Carvalho, Neymar (E.Raminez), A.Piras, Moreira (J.Caicedo), P.Dybala

After the game I was informed that the transfer of M.El Sayed to Club Brugge has been completed for a fee of £3,800,000

January 3rd:
I have sold another player with J.Mario joining Napoli for a fee of £4,160,000. Not a bad price for a 33yr old who wasn't going to get any playing time 

January 6th:
Injury news sees M.Garcia out of action for around 5-6 weeks after straining his knee ligaments during training

January 6th:
Granada (A) Spanish Cup 5th Rd 1st Leg
The began pretty well and on the 2nd minute we took the lead as P.Dybala hit a thunderous shot past the keeper from close range. Soon after we had another chance as Moreira jinked through the defence with real ease and fired under the keeper but the ball bobbled just wide of the post. On the half hour we had another chance to score but Neymar's effort hit the crossbar.
The second half was all my side and on the 59th minute  P.Panagiotidis beat the offside trap but his effort went high and wide of the shot. Eleven minutes later we grabbed a second goal with J.Caicedo showing some great skill to beat the defence and fired with pace past the keeper and into the back of the net.

Granada 0-2 Barcelona P.Dybala 2, J.Caicedo 70

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, C.Ibarra (C.Theunis), E.Carvalho, Neymar (A.Piras), J.Caicedo (P.Panagiotidis), Moreira, P.Dybala

January 10th:
Some good injury news sees K.Mbappe returning to training after his recent sprained ankle

Real San Sebastian (H) (19/38)
We controlled the first half without getting close to the opposition goal. Our only real effort fell to P.Dybala on the 35th minute as he blasted a cross high and wide over the goal. The second half was a lot better up front and on the 50th minute we took the lead from the penalty spot as P.Dybala fired in after E.Carvalho was brought down in the area. Four minutes later it was two nil with P.Dybala heading in a Neymar cross. We continued to press forward but it took till the 85th minute for us to add the third goal with E.Carvalho curling in from outside the area.

Barcelona 3-0 Real San Sebastian P.Dybala 50 pen, 54, E.Carvalho 85

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, C.Ibarra, E.Carvalho, Neymar (E.Raminez), J.Caicedo (P.Panagiotidis), Moreira (A.Piras), P.Dybala

January 13th:
Granada (H) Spanish Cup 5th Rd 2nd Leg (agg 2-0)
We dominated Granada with ease and on the 29th minute we grabbed the lead with Neymar jinking through the defence and firing under the keeper. The second half was two minutes old when we added our second goal with J.Caicedo heading in from a P.Panagiotidis corner. We were all over Granada and on the 69th minute we made it three nil with M.Djukic slotting in from ten yards after the Granada keeper was slow to react. Five minutes later Granada pulled a goal back with S.Garcia curling in from outside the area. On the 77th minute though Granada were reduced to ten men after J.Arzura was sent off for a second yellow card. Their was one more goal in the game as on the stroke of full time E.Carvalho hit a thunderous effort into the top corner and past the Granada keeper

Barcelona 4-1 Granada Neymar 29, J.Caicedo 47, M.Djukic 69, E.Carvalho 90 / S.Garcia 74 

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, C.Ibarra (C.Theunis), E.Carvalho, Neymar (P.Panagiotidis), J.Caicedo (A.Piras), Moreira, P.Dybala

Booked: Neymar, J.Caicedo, E.Carvalho, H.Kurt, H.Moreno

After the game I was informed that we would be facing Real Madrid in the ¼ Final of the Spanish Cup. The first leg will be played at home. More news sees Moreno will miss the next cup match after picking up his second yellow card of the competition

January 15th:
Transfer news sees young striker C.Torres joining Atletico Pamplona for a fee of £5,250,000

January 16th:
Espanyol (H) (20/38)
My side took the 16th minute as P.Dybala ran through the defence with ease and fired under the onrushing keeper. Ten minutes later we had our next chance with a powerful strike from Moreira which saw the keeper at full stretch to save. We were all over Espanyol but just couldn't get past there keeper.
The second half was much the same with Espanyol's keeper stopping everything that was thrown at him. On the 74th minute Espanyol came close to equalizing though as H.Kurt fouled in the area, luckily for us M.ter Stegen saved well to deny them. 

Barcelona 1-0 Espanyol P.Dybala 16

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw (C.Theunis), C.Ibarra (P.Panagiotidis), E.Carvalho (A.Piras), Neymar, J.Caicedo, Moreira, P.Dybala

January 20th:
Real Madrid (H) Spanish Cup ¼ Final 1st Leg
Three minutes into the game we went a goal down as J.Brandt beat the offside trap and fired with pace past M.ter Stegen. Soon after they had another chance with a powerful strike which went wide of the post. The pressure was constant and on the 34th minute M.ter Stegen was called upon again with a brilliant save. Just before the break they came close again with a low shot which I.David diverted wide of the post.
The second half a lot better as my players reacted to my words and on the 51st minute C.Theunis levelled the scores with a curling effort from outside the area which gave the Madrid keeper little chance of saving. We were piling on the pressure and on the 64th minute we took the lead as C.Theunis ran through the defence with ease fired under the Madrid keeper. With twelve minutes remaining in the game we had the chance to potentially kill the tie as P.Dybala ran into the area but his effort went just wide of the post when it was easier to score.

Barcelona 2-1 Real Madrid C.Theunis 51, 64 / J.Brandt 3

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, H.Kurt (J.Gimenez), M.Djukic, L.Shaw, C.Ibarra (P.Panagiotidis), E.Carvalho, Neymar, A.Piras, Moreira (C.Theunis), P.Dybala

January 23rd:
Coruna (A) (21/38)
Seven minutes into the game we grabbed the lead as J.Caicedo rose above the defence and fired in a Moreira cross. However on the 9th minute Coruna fired in the equaliser after I.David slipped with the ball. After the goal we upped the game and on the 44th minute we forced Coruna into an error as E.Garcia diverted a L.Shaw cross past his own keeper.
The second half was much the same as we piled forward and on the 65th minute C.Theunis made it 3-1 with a long range effort from outside the area after running onto a loose ball. It was becoming far too easy and five minutes later we made it 4-1 with P.Dybala rising above the defence and heading a P.Panagiotidis cross into the top corner.  The final goal of the game came on the 77th minute as A.Piras curled a wonderful free-kick into the bottom left corner after P.Dybala was fouled on the way to goal.

Coruna 1-5 Barcelona F.Castellano 9 / J.Caicedo 7, E.Garcia 44 og, C.Theunis 65, P.Dybala 70, A.Piras 77

M.ter Stegen, I.David, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, C.Ibarra (C.Theunis), E.Carvalho, Neymar (P.Panagiotidis), A.Piras, Moreira, J.Caicedo (P.Dybala)

After the game I was informed that J.Caicedo will be out for around three days after gashing his head during the game

January 25th:
More injury news sees C.Theunis out for around twelve days after twisting his knee during training. Other news sees C.Redinciuc joining Olympique Lyonnais for a fee of £8,500,00 which will eventually rise to £12,250,000

January 26th:
The injury news isnt getting any better as H.Kurt will be out for around three weeks with Achilles Tendonitis

January 27th:
Real Madrid (A) Spanish Cup 1/4 Final 2nd Leg (agg 1-2)
A cracking start saw us taking the lead in the 12th minute with J.Caicedo rattling in from outside the area. It got even better five minutes later as M.Djukic jinked his way through the defence with ease and slotted in under the onrushing keeper. Just before the break we had another chance with a curling effort from outside the area which had the keeper at full stretch to save.
The second half was much the same with us dominating however we failed to get through the defence and on the 76th minute Real Madrid countered one of our attacks and P.Mbarga hit home from ten yards however they couldn't muster another attack we went qualified for the Semi Finals

Real Madrid 1-2 Barcelona P.Mbarga 76 / J.Caicedo 12, M.Djukic 17

M.ter Stegen, I.David, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, C.Ibarra (P.Dybala), E.Carvalho, Neymar, A.Piras (P.Panagiotidis), Moreira (K.Mbappe), J.Caicedo

Booked: I.David

We have qualified for the Semi Final with a 4-2 aggregate win.
After the game I was informed that we have drawn Levante in the Spanish Cup Semi Final. The first leg will be played at Camp Nou

January 31st:
A.Bilbao (H) (22/38)
For some reason my players seemed to lack any sort of energy as they plodded through the first forty five minutes. We never came close to the Bilbao defence or keeper and during the interval I let my players know what I thought of their efforts.
The second half was alittle better as we played the ball around more and on the 63rd minute we had the first chance of the game as K.Mbappe tried his luck from outside the area but the Bilbao keeper was on hand to block the effort. With eleven minutes remaining in the game we grabbed the only goal of the game as a high looping cross by P.Panagiotidis was headed past the keeper by P.Dybala

Barcelona 1-0 A.Bilbao P.Dybala 79

M.ter Stegen, H.Moreno, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, C.Ibarra, E.Carvalho, Neymar (P.Panagiotidis), A.Piras, Moreira (P.Dybala), J.Caicedo (K.Mbappe)

Booked: C.Ibarra, E.Carvalho

Monthly Review:
Spanish First Division: 2nd 50pts (-5pts)
Spanish Cup: Semi Final v Levante
Champions Cup: 1st Knockout Rd v AS Monaco

February 2027:
February 1st:
Transfer news sees Moreira move to Paris Saint-Germain for £22,000,000, but his fee could move up to £36,500,000

February 2nd:
More transfer news sees C.Ibarra joining Guangzhou for a fee of £17,500,000 which could rise to £20,000,000

February 3rd:
Levante (H) Spanish Cup Semi Final 1st Leg
We made light work of Levante with some great attacking play and on the 19th minute we took the lead as Neymar jinked through the defence with ease and slotted in under the keeper. Soon after we had another chance with a rasping effort from A.Piras but the Levante keeper saved well. It was far too easy and with three minutes remaining in the half Neymar grabbed his second of the game with a powerful strike from twenty yards.
The second half was much the same as we continued to pile forward and just after the hour mark we made it three nil with P.Dybala heading in from a J.Marquez cross. The Levante players looked out of it and on the 76th minute we made it four nil with P.Panagiotidis showing some deft skill to beat the defence and keeper to slot home into the empty net.

Barcelona 4-0 Levante Neymar 19, 42, P.Dybala 61, P.Panagiotidis 76

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, L.Shaw (B.Mendy), J.Marquez, E.Carvalho, K.Mbappe (P.Panagiotidis), A.Piras, Neymar, J.Caicedo (P.Dybala)

February 5th:
Another player has left the club after H.Kone decided to go after a big money contract with Guangzhou. He moved for a fee of £11,000,000 which could rise too £12,750,000

February 7th:
Levante (A) (23/38)
We now faced our second game against Levante but this time it was in the league and we faced a different Levante side who came out and dominated my side. On the 23rd minute they came close to taking the lead with a great team move which split my defence apart but luckily for us M.ter Stegen saved well. We weren't getting much of the ball and on the stroke of half time Levante took the lead as a wayward pass by M.Djukic was intercepted and S.Djafer-Bey fired in with power past M.ter Stegen.
The second half was not much better as Levante kept the ball a million times better than us. Levante piled on the pressure but despite us not being able to keep the ball we managed to keep the ball away from the net

Levante 1-0 Barcelona S.Djafer-Bey 45

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, J.Marquez (E.Raminez), E.Carvalho (P.Panagiotidis), K.Mbappe, A.Piras, Neymar, J.Caicedo (P.Dybala)

After the game I was informed that A.Piras will be out for a few days after injuring his heel during the game, also K.Mbappe will be out for a few days as-well with a bruised thigh

February 10th:
Levante (A) Spanish Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg (agg 4-0)
The final game of the trio and we made a good start as on the 22nd minute C.Theunis ran through the defence and fired in under the keeper who was slow to react. Soon after though Levante pulled level as D.Machado rose above the defence and headed past M.Martin.
The second half was all Levante and on the 64th minute they came close with a rasping effort which had my keeper at full stretch to save. Ten minutes later they had another chance with a curling effort that was tipped round the post by M.Martin. With nine minutes remaining in the game D.Machado gave Levante the lead with a powerful strike which gave my keeper little chance of saving however the tie was over in the first leg

Levante 2-1 Barcelona D.Machado 41, 81 / C.Theunis 22

M.Martin, H.Moreno, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, J.Marquez, E.Carvalho, P.Panagiotidis, C.Theunis, Neymar (capt), J.Caicedo

Luckily the first leg was a better game for us which means we qualify for the final 5-2 on aggregate. We will be facing A.Bilbao in the Spanish Cup Final on May 15th. The final will be played at the Nuevo Mestalla

February 13th
Real Madrid (A) (24/38)
Real Madrid came piling out from the start and on the 3rd minute they had a goal ruled out for offside. Ten minutes later they had another chance as M.Djukic failed to clear the ball properly but M.ter Stegen was on hand to block the shot. Real were all over us and with four minutes remaining in the half they took the lead as A.Martial jinked through the defence with ease and fired underbody of M.ter Stegen.
The second half was much the same as we struggled to get close to the Real side and on the hour we had the assistant referee to thank as he ruled another goal out for offside. It was far too easy for the home side and with four minutes remaining in the game A.Martial headed in the killer goal much to the delight of the Real crowd.

Real Madrid 2-0 Barcelona A.Martial 41, 86

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, L.Shaw (B.Mendy), J.Marquez (K.Mbappe), E.Carvalho, P.Panagiotidis, C.Theunis, Neymar (J.Caicedo), P.Dybala

Booked: C.Theunis, B.Mendy

February 15th:
Some good injury news sees H.Kurt back in full training after recovering from Achilles Tendonitis

February 16th:
AS Monaco (H) Champions Cup 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg
A brilliant first half display saw us batter Monaco as we piled forward. The only surprise was that it took till the 26th minute for us to grab the first goal as P.Dybala rose above the defence and headed a P.Panagiotidis cross into the back of the net. Six minutes later we made it two nil with C.Theunis running into the area unmarked and firing under the keeper. We were in complete control and with three minutes remaining in the half we grabbed a third goal with a curling effort into the top corner.
The second half was all us and on the 56th minute P.Dybala completed his hat-trick with a low shot which gave the keeper no chance of saving. Twelve minutes later we had another chance with Neymar hitting a powerful strike towards goal but the keeper managed to get a finger tip on it. Monaco weren't getting near the ball at all but for all our pressure we couldn't add any further goals. With a four goal cushion I'm pretty confident we will progress to the next round

Barcelona 4-0 AS Monaco P.Dybala 26, 42, 56, C.Theunis 32

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno (B.Mendy), J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, J.Marquez, E.Carvalho (K.Mbappe), P.Panagiotidis, C.Theunis (J.Caicedo), Neymar, P.Dybala

Booked: B.Mendy

February 20th:
Cordoba (H) (25/38)
Twelve minutes into the game we grabbed our first goal with P.Dybala doing the honours from outside the area. On the 16th minute the same player grabbed another goal as he ran onto a C.Theunis through-ball and fired in past the onrushing keeper. We were in controlling the game with erase and six minutes later P.Panagiotidis added a third goal of the game. Cordoba weren't at the races at all but we failed to add any more goals in the first half.
The second half was alittle tighter as Cordoba started to show alittle more fight and on the 71st minute they grabbed a goal back with O.Vanecek headed in past M.ter Stegen who was slow to react. Twelve minutes later though we regained our three goal advantage as P.Dybala fired in from the penalty spot to complete his second hat-trick in two games

Barcelona 4-1 Cordoba P.Dybala 12, 16, 83 pen, P.Panagiotidis 22 / O.Vanecek 71

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, L.Shaw (B.Mendy), J.Marquez, E.Carvalho, P.Panagiotidis (I.David), C.Theunis, Neymar (K.Mbappe), P.Dybala

After the game I was informed that J.Marquez will miss around 2-3 weeks after pulling his hamstring during the game

February 26th:
More injury news sees M.ter Stegen our for a few days after getting food poisoning

February 27th:
Villarreal (H) (26/38)
We again played well and on the 12th minute we took the lead with P.Dybala slotting in from ten yards after beating the defence to a loose ball. Soon after we came close to adding a further goal as P.Dybala failed to connect with a low Neymar cross. Just before the break it should have been two nil with Neymar failing to hit the net from six yards.
The second half started slowly for my side as on the 56th minute we conceded a silly equaliser as D.Albitre slotted in a poor M.Martin clearance. The equaliser seemed to give my players the kick up the backside they needed and we started to outplay Villarreal. With eleven minutes remaining in the game we retook the lead as A.Piras jinked through the defence with ease and fired under the keeper. We killed the game off in injury time as P.Dybala grabbed his eighth goal in three games

Barcelona 3-1 Villarreal P.Dybala 12, 90+2, A.Piras 79 / D.Albitre 56

M.Martin, H.Moreno, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic (B.Mendy), L.Shaw, K.Mbappe, E.Carvalho, P.Panagiotidis, C.Theunis (A.Piras), Neymar (capt) (J.Caicedo), P.Dybala

Monthly Review:
Spanish First Division: 3rd 56pts (-8pts)
Spanish Cup: Final v A.Bilbao
Champions Cup: 1st Knockout Rd v AS Monaco

March 2027:
March 2nd:
S.Gijon (A) (27/38)
We were the better side from the start and on the 13th minute E.Carvalho jinked into the area and fired in under the  keeper. Twelve minutes later it was 2-0 as P.Dybala headed in a K.Mbappe cross. Just before the break we had another chance as a long range effort from Neymar was tipped round the post by the keeper
The second half was all my side but we just couldn't break down what had become a stubborn S.Gijon defence. At the end of the game I was far from happy with my players for the fact that they couldn't break down what should have been an easy defence

S.Gijon 0-2 Barcelona E.Carvalho 13, P.Dybala 25

M.Martin, H.Moreno (B.Mendy), J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, K.Mbappe, E.Carvalho (A.Piras), P.Panagiotidis, C.Theunis, Neymar (capt), P.Dybala (J.Caicedo)[/i]

Booked: J.Gimenez

March 6th:
Getafe (A) (28/38)
The first half was pretty quiet in truth with not much in the way of action for the fans. The only effort of the half came from P.Panagiotidis which rattled the crossbar after he ran onto a loose ball. 
The second half was a lot better and eleven minutes into the half E.Carvalho ran through the defence and fired under the keeper. Soon after we had another chance with A.Piras curling the ball into the area but Neymar headed wide of the post. On the 74th minute Getafe levelled the scoreline with N.Mazzeo jinking through my defence with real ease and slotted in past M.Martin. Six minutes later though we grabbed the winner as E.Carvalho rose above the defence and headed a C.Theunis cross past the Getafe keeper.

Getafe 1-2 Barcelona N.Mazzeo 74 / E.Carvalho 56, 80

M.Martin, H.Moreno, J.Gimenez (B.Mendy), M.Djukic, L.Shaw, K.Mbappe (I.David), E.Carvalho, P.Panagiotidis, C.Theunis, Neymar (capt), P.Dybala (A.Piras)

Injury news sees P.Panagiotidis out for around a fortnight after twisting his ankle late in the game, however on the plus side the physio informed me that J.Marquez will be back in full training tomorrow after his pulled hamstring

March 10th:
AS Monaco (A) Champions Cup 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg (agg 4-0) 
The first goal of the game was scored on the 12th minute as A.Traore barged through my defence with ease and fired under M.Martin who was slow to react. Ten minutes later they had another chance with a powerful strike from K.Mbappe which M.Martin tipped over the crossbar. Just before the break Monaco had yet another chance to score with a thunderous effort which went just over the crossbar.
The second half as much the same with Monaco dominating and on the hour mark we had M.Martin to thank again as he stopped a point blank shot. We weren't getting close to the ball and with eight minutes remaining in the game they grabbed another goal as M.Matoshi sprinted in from the wing and fired with power past M.Martin. On the 84th minute it was three nil with S.Diaz heading in from a corner which we should have stopped. It was far too easy for Monaco however on the stroke of full time we killed any hopes of a comeback off with C.Theunis slotting in from close range. I was far from happy with my sides performance and tore them all a new one

AS Monaco 3-1 Barcelona A.Traore 12, M.Matoshi 82, S.Diaz 84 / C.Theunis 90+1

M.Martin, H.Moreno, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, J.Marquez, E.Carvalho (B.Mendy), K.Mbappe, C.Theunis, Neymar (capt) (A.Piras), P.Dybala (J.Caicedo)

Despite the poor performance again in a second leg we have qualified for the next round with a 5-3 aggregate victory.
Other news sees A.Piras out for around 2-3 weeks after pulling his hamstring during the latter parts of the game

March 14th:
Elbar (H) (29/38)
Seven minutes into the game we were awarded a penalty after Neymar was brought down in the area, P.Dybala stepped up and fired towards goal but the Elbar keeper saved well. On the 23rd minute we had another chance as L.Shaw crossed into the area but Neymar headed straight into the keepers arms. With four minutes remaining in the half we finally got the opening goal we deserved as P.Dybala slotted in under the onrushing keeper.
The second half was all us and on the 65th minute we were awarded another penalty after E.Carvalho's effort was handled, P.Dybala stepped up and fired the penalty towards goal but the keeper saved well again. This didn't deter P.Dybala as on the stroke of full time we grabbed our second goal and all three points with a fine strike

Barcelona 2-0 Elbar P.Dybala 41, 90+1 

M.Martin, H.Moreno, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, J.Marquez, E.Carvalho, K.Mbappe, C.Theunis, Neymar (capt), P.Dybala

Booked: E.Carvalho, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic

More injury news sees J.Marquez out for a few days after bruising his thigh during the match

March 19th:
The draw for the European Champions Cup ¼ Final has taken place and is as follows:
Real Madrid (ESP) v INTER (ITA)
FCP (POR) v A.Madrid (ESP)
Barcelona (ESP) v Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
Man.City (ENG) v Juventus (ITA)

In other news P.Panagiotidis has resumed full training following his recent twisted ankle