Journey to Line – One Man’s mission from the Couch to the Training Ground

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased the game and I've been following this and the tactical thread. Great work!

I start with an English level 8 team and so have only 2 training days on a 1 match week. What are the most important sessions, do you believe, I should be trying to use with my part time team?

On 18/01/2019 at 21:22, djhagster said:

@Mr U Rosler, do you replicate this into the youth team schedules or just let the youth team manager deal with it?

Would be interested to know this too, I know the staff are meant to be a lot more competent at handling training for you now but I still don't trust em. Especially at a team where you can't attract any decent staff .

15 hours ago, RedBlueEagle said:

Just purchased the game and I've been following this and the tactical thread. Great work!

I start with an English level 8 team and so have only 2 training days on a 1 match week. What are the most important sessions, do you believe, I should be trying to use with my part time team?

The more part time your team is, the less the players are going to reach their potential and the less long term you should be thinking for them. Unless you are trying something specific with your save, I would suggesting focusing on training that most helps your team in the next match and keep it as varied as possible to get as many boosts as possible. 

Edited by VinceLombardi

As a Part Time team there are so few training sessions i just left it to the default schedules. (they are pretty good)

Your facilities and coaches will be so poor i don't think its worth sweating this until your full time, i'd just concentrate on tactics and team morale etc.

If you are determined to influence this i'd focus on Teamwork, Defensive Shape & Attacking Movement as they impact match performance (slightly).

Currently i leave youth schedules to my coaches.

I wouldn't use the first team schedules for Youth as they are more geared towards preventing injuries and keeping players match fit rather than out and out attribute development.

I'll take a look at youth training when i get a moment, possibly some room for improvement here.

Has anyone done any testing regarding the training groups? Most of my CBs coming through the youth are quite poor technically and I would like to work on that. I already set them to train as BPDs + additional focus on 'Passing'. Facilities are great, so are my coaches, but the improvements are pretty meh. So I was thinking to just stick them to the attacking unit for some time and see what it does. By quickly checking through the various training sessions they should have more focus on these attributes. Anyone tried this yet? Haven't seen anyone trying or reporting on this.

Edited by BadanieLuck

• 1 month later...

Me U so is there a schedule import that we use for prevseason for each week if we schedule 1 game each Saturday ? Usually I do 4 games a month from start of pre season until 2 weeks before regular season begins but I was thinking of doing this plus only doing Saturdays what training do I import for pre season and how

1 hour ago, Mattjohn said:

Hi just me being stupid, but someone please help me on how to instigate these, i can load them into game but cant seem to put them into practice.

First question is, are you playing with a full time team or a part time team?

• 2 weeks later...

Really interested in your approach to this side of the game. I have always been a lazy player of FM, leaving everything to my assistant. Having read your opening posts, and please forgive me if I have missed it, what approach would you take during the international break?

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/04/2019 at 09:38, PequenoGenio said:

And for u-23 and u-18 do you do? Same training?

U23 yes as they already train with 1st team. U18 squad no leave to the U18 manager and coaches. As yet not found anything out of the ordinary for youth set ups but am still fiddling with it. 

Looking forward to try your schedules - finally getting back to the playing again after the update "circus". Played the Beta, tried to make schedules, but that went as well as my tactics - no too good at all :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

@Mr U Rosler
I've been using these for two+ seasons now and generally they are very good, and the 2+ match week one is especially good for my players' morale, almost all seem happy with it, although some do complain about the low level of general training, others about quickness or strength too.

But the main gripe seems to be them moaning about the drastic changes in training when we switch from a match week to a performance week (or vice versa).
Do you just ignore the complaints?

Also, the majority of the high training performance ratings are for the more attack minded players, with the defensive and GK units not as good.
Have you found this too?

This is really great stuff. Been using it so far and working well. I loaded these in and then will tweak them sometimes.

I do like to add recovery to the day after a game on a single game week, and I also add match review.

Does anyone have any other tweaks? Especially for a premier league team?

• 7 months later...
On 20/06/2019 at 00:07, 04texag said:

This is really great stuff. Been using it so far and working well. I loaded these in and then will tweak them sometimes.

I do like to add recovery to the day after a game on a single game week, and I also add match review.

Does anyone have any other tweaks? Especially for a premier league team?

Nope, just the two you mention.

@Mr U RoslerI'm using these for FM20 as they worked pretty well on FM19.

Would you make any changes for this new version of the game?

• 9 months later...
13 hours ago, Sinbad7104 said:

Three FM's later and I still find myself returning to this as my 'go to' training set up. 

Don't suppose you've changed much over the years have you @Mr U Rosler

Yeah, I have updates for FM21, I'll put them up at some point, the preseason training will wreck your team on FM21 for example, their are other differences as well.