FM19 - To buy or not to buy, that is the question

KlaaZ

I think this has been done before for FM18, same principle: Post your potential transfer (in or out) and get feedback on whether or not you should.

To kick off: Managing Ajax, halfway through season 2 Pulisic got transferlisted for 26M. Got 110M in the bank (thank you, de Ligt) so money isn't a problem. Hefty wage though at 76k p/w and a 3.5M signing bonus. Should I? 

• 3 weeks later...

Buying: Marcos Llorente

Team: Leeds

Season: 2nd season in game (1st back in Prem)

Amount: £9.25m (Transfer listed)

I've been looking for a god DLP(D) in the DMC position, he's popped up.  Attributes look very good but am always sceptical when someone gets no games.

Just checked him in my Ajax save, four seasons in. Looks like a good option as a DM. He's currently at Betis, getting an average for the last two seasons of about 6.8 (playing roughly 20-25 games per season). I'd sign him for your first season back in the PL. 

Buying: Yussuf Poulsen

Team: Southampton

Season: 1st (Jan)

Amount: £8.75m (could be up to £10.5m on clauses)

wDsruJa.png

I'm looking for a Pressing Forward. Shane Long was surprisingly good for me but got injured for 3 months and I got no depth up front (Austin and Gabbiadini are average for me).

Selling: Giovanni Simone

Team: Newcastle

Season: 1st (January 19)

Amount: £50m total (see screenshot below)

I don't particularly want to sell, but he's been kicking up a fuss for most of the season already about wanting to leave. At the moment I'm only getting 70% transfer budget, so it would leave me with about £27.5m of the £40m upfront and taking away the remaining loyalty fee. Can he be replaced for £30m?

Nrk0v37.png

RzQnF3o.png

Might be a bit difficult to replace him in January, personally I would keep him until the end of the year and try to get Pellegri next season. If you're stuck, Maupay from Brentford looks like an interesting shout. Considered him for Southampton but he looks like more of a goal-scorer than a defensive forward like I needed. Should be available for less than 10 mil. Haller from Frankfurt also looks good, should be just about 25 mil. 

Tough one, but I'd usually take £50m no questions asked.

It depends on your situation, are you right in the title / CL mix?

I'd check loans as well, you could get someone very good in to cover.  I'm also guessing Origi will be available on a Free in the summer - he's never been anything other than great when I've signed him.

5 hours ago, TheJanitor said:

Might be a bit difficult to replace him in January, personally I would keep him until the end of the year and try to get Pellegri next season. If you're stuck, Maupay from Brentford looks like an interesting shout. Considered him for Southampton but he looks like more of a goal-scorer than a defensive forward like I needed. Should be available for less than 10 mil. Haller from Frankfurt also looks good, should be just about 25 mil. 

3 hours ago, macca72 said:

Tough one, but I'd usually take £50m no questions asked.

It depends on your situation, are you right in the title / CL mix?

I'd check loans as well, you could get someone very good in to cover.  I'm also guessing Origi will be available on a Free in the summer - he's never been anything other than great when I've signed him.

Thanks guys. I opted to cancel in the end as I couldn’t find any suitable replacements and Italy’s Jan window closes early (18th I think) which left me little time. I was close to signing Cutrone as a replacement for cheaper but his contract demands were just absurd. I will see how it goes end of season.

@macca72 we’re certainly in the European hunt (more Europa than CL) but won’t be title contenders. Without Simeone I’d fear we’d slip outside of Europa or at least would be very touch and go, which is another reason to cancel.

On 09/12/2018 at 10:54, TheJanitor said:

What on earth is a defensive forward!

frankfurt have some cracking players they have won the Europa league in the first season on my save. Rebic and willems would walk into most teams 

33 minutes ago, aandjunaidi said:

2nd season, Eric Bailly ( 33mill ) and Victor Lindelof ( 24,5 mill ) transfer-listed. 

I'm managing Inter, already sign lindelof on loan with mandatory fee 25 mill. Tempt to sign bailly aswell, should i sign him? 

No. There is far far better out there for 33m

522968977_FootballManager201912_12_201812_14_29PM.thumb.png.6ce73eaff97853e8b98975e528983ca9.png

FC Bayern offer

This one is a little different. Bayern approached me for Rudiger and I am considering selling him. Already bought De Ligt and really looking forward to developing him along with Ethan Ampadu who has a great PA rating. David Luiz is inconsistently consistent but is a team leader so I cannot necessarily sell him. So..to sell or not to sell; that is the question.

1774900597_FootballManager201912_12_201812_23_25PM.thumb.png.038d9249e4ea5984bdbdbf0bd8ad1153.png

Rudiger's form: been pretty good actually.

1 hour ago, aandjunaidi said:

Sadly , he won't sign the contract from napoli as his agent said on feedback.

So i rejected the loan.

Wait...on loan? This loan to buy sounds like a pretty dope plan. 

On 01/12/2018 at 14:46, macca72 said:

Buying: Marcos Llorente

Team: Leeds

Season: 2nd season in game (1st back in Prem)

Amount: £9.25m (Transfer listed)

I've been looking for a god DLP(D) in the DMC position, he's popped up.  Attributes look very good but am always sceptical when someone gets no games.

I brought him into my Villa squad in the 3rd season to bolster the midfield with some depth because he was listed.   He complains all the time if he doesn't play every single game.   I ended up selling him 

On 10/12/2018 at 15:52, aandjunaidi said:

1,5 year on loan with optional fee 40million accepted. 1,39mill per month + 41k per week.

dont know what they're doing tbh, bayern sign de ligt at first window for about 38million.

Andrija Ompongovic_  Inbox-2.png

If you can, it should always be De Light. Even if you're spending double the price.

On 10/12/2018 at 16:07, aandjunaidi said:

on deadline day, 300k per month + 100% wages with mandatory fee 109 mill.

decision decision

Mauro Icardi_ Transfer Transfer Offer.png

I'd reject that, if Icardi is performing as he usually does in saves. Incredible player.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd reject that, if Icardi is performing as he usually does in saves. Incredible player.

Idk what's wrong but i feel like in this edition, he just cant score 1 on 1 or easy chances :lol:. First season 40 apps 12 goals. 25 apps into 2nd season so far he has scores 17 goals in all comps.

And yeah, i sign de ligt on loan + mandatory fee. 

On 12/12/2018 at 07:14, aandjunaidi said:

Yeah loan with mandatory fee ( must buy ) 109mill. 1mill less than his release clause 110mil.

Out of interest when you buy someone on loan with a mandatory fee when does that money come out of your transfer budget? Now, or in 1 or 2 years when the loan finishes and he signs permanently? 

3 hours ago, Gilbo88 said:

Out of interest when you buy someone on loan with a mandatory fee when does that money come out of your transfer budget? Now, or in 1 or 2 years when the loan finishes and he signs permanently? 

IIRC the money comes up directly when it's confirmed, in this case if icardi sign for napoli his status will be on loan from inter,joining permanently.

• 2 weeks later...

Season 2023/2024 at the start.

I can sign Fred from Man Utd on a free for Levski Sofia. 

Pros - superb 30yo DMC player.

Con - 40K Euro per week wage (currently my top earner is Kun Temenuzhkov at 25K, most others are between 2K and 10K).

Balance is 60M Euro atm and should improve in the future.

• 1 month later...

I'm Man Utd end of first season.

Need a new WB(R) Dalot will take to long to develop, need someone now. 

Looking at Bellerin, Cancelo, Semedo, and Odriozola.

Bellerin is first choice but Arsenal want upwards of 100m...who do you guys recommend?

Also for CB...Looking at Pavard, Ruben Dias, Manolas, and Koulibaly....thoughts?

3 horas atrás, chad2192 disse:

Bellerin is first choice but Arsenal want upwards of 100m...who do you guys recommend?

Also for CB...Looking at Pavard, Ruben Dias, Manolas, and Koulibaly....thoughts?

Personally i don't think Cancelo is trustworthy. Low mental skills and iirc injuries can also be a problem too, tho im not sure about the last one.

Semedo is a very solid option, usually cheap, consistent and you can easily profit if u find a better replacement. In one of my saves, the only experience of mine with Adriozola, he was Semedo's backup. Solid but not as good and specially not as consistent as Semedo.

Bellerín doesn't shine so much on AI's hands and seems too expensive for his skills. All said, Semedo is all around a better choice for me.

CB wise, u got great options. Pavard and Dias being the ones for not just now but the future, i'd stick with one of them. They're both great, Pavard being more of a Piqué style of player and Días...  Puyol? Idk, he's a great player, a little agressive, way more then Pavard, but a great captain, mentally stronger then pavard although his tecnicalls are a little bit worst. I guess u just have to choose between a future captain with strong mentality or a more tecnicall CB. Really, u can't go wrong either way.

Between Koulibaly and Manolas, go for Koulibaly, easy choice.

4 hours ago, chad2192 said:

Semedo easy choice for the right back. I also brought for man utd at the end of the 1st season, only cost 12 mil. Very cheap and has been excellent, gets a good amount of assists.

CB role I brought Koulibaly and he's been class, him and Lindelöf have formed a formidable partnership, but Dias is pretty good as well. From what I've seen Pavard doesn't really develop that much, but could be wrong.

1 hora atrás, sedge11 disse:

From what I've seen Pavard doesn't really develop that much, but could be wrong.

That's true. His attributes will rise but nothing crazy. That said, he always performs really well in any of my teams, way better then his attributes would suggest he should. And tbf, he does start with good stats.

Looking to replace Matic at Man Utd

My 2 choices are Ndombele and Bentancur...can't decide. LIterally been debating with myself all day at work

Ndombele has the better work rate and physicality for my pressing but Bentancur looks to have more potential, is more technical, and is a Model Citizen. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Gungner said:

I really need a back-up DMC for my Marseille side, January season 1.

Fellaini up for sale, £14 million.... Deal or no deal?

Check Isaac Hayden from Newcastle, he's English HG & on much cheaper salary than Fellaini.

And Fellaini is only listed as Competent for the DM position anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/02/2019 at 04:13, chad2192 said:

Semedo. Cheap, fast, physical. Good bet. Can also vouch for Koulibaly and Manolas on your list of CBs. Also look at Upamecano too.

• 2 weeks later...

Have league going with Man Utd.

I have signed Chiesa, Skriniar and Wiegl. 

I have sold Lingaard, Smalling, and Young will leave at the end of the season.

I have also signed Tonali (long term Matic replacement), but loaned him back to Brescia until the end of the season.

At the end of the season I want to sign a quality RB. Not a wonderkid but the real deal.

I'm thinking of Kimmich... 

Any other suggestions??

@MarcSodie Kimmich is a beast, but check Gelson Fernandes from Benfica. A midfielder but I think he could be converted into a great fullback. Eder Militao as well, if you want someone more defensively minded.

Dalot didn't develop? He's amazing for them in my Liverpool save.

Anyone got an opinion on Timo Werner for £48m? Beginning of 3rd season, £140K p/m. If not, a goal-scoring right winger for Liverpool would be welcomed.

Archived