Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
lionel messi

FM19 England down to Level 11 *Released*

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, keon said:

Hi,

Thank you for this work.

I have one issue though. It seems that in the FA Cup, only 17 Premiership teams enter into the 3rd round draw and 3 teams miss out (the last 3 teams alphabetically), is anyone else seeing this issue or is it just me? It's happened on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd season so far.

Thanks,

Keon

I also get this issue. Never noticed during game play, but looking at the completed seasons it appears 3 teams from the Premier did not enter the FA Cup too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My save have 19 clubs from Premier League (Wolverhampton was only club who did not entered) in FA cup 22/23 so looks like i have to start new save. I had this error also in my Finland file but i somehow fixed it.

Edited by jlammi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jlammi said:

My save have 19 clubs from Premier League (Wolverhampton was only club who did not entered) in FA cup 22/23 so looks like i have to start new save. I had this error also in my Finland file but i somehow fixed it.

I'm not starting my save again, I am in my 4th season now and really don't want to be starting again.

What I am thinking of trying is removing leagues at levels 9, 10 & 11 from my save, before the start of a new season. This may potentially fix the issue, (if the issue is caused because of too many teams from these levels being entered into the FA Cup, therefore making the 3 Premier League teams miss out).

If the issue is due to something else, which can only be fixed in the editor, then I am just going to have to accept the 3 Premier League teams missing out on FA Cup. It won't affect my save massively anyway.

Messi, if I am currently at level 7 of the football pyramid, and remove all leagues at levels 8-11, would it affect anything that you have set up in the advanced editor? Like the FA Cup or how the promotions work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Big D Man said:

I'm not starting my save again, I am in my 4th season now and really don't want to be starting again.

What I am thinking of trying is removing leagues at levels 9, 10 & 11 from my save, before the start of a new season. This may potentially fix the issue, (if the issue is caused because of too many teams from these levels being entered into the FA Cup, therefore making the 3 Premier League teams miss out).

If the issue is due to something else, which can only be fixed in the editor, then I am just going to have to accept the 3 Premier League teams missing out on FA Cup. It won't affect my save massively anyway.

Messi, if I am currently at level 7 of the football pyramid, and remove all leagues at levels 8-11, would it affect anything that you have set up in the advanced editor? Like the FA Cup or how the promotions work?

I dont think it would no, you would just lose the competitions at them levels.

I will have a look into this to see if can fix the problem.

I have just changed something with the FA Cup, just testing now.

There is also a setting under th FA Cup rules, apply rules to old saves which i have ticked but not sure how you would go about doing this, maybe you would have to replace the editor file with the new one.

I will upload the new file if the problem is fixed.

Edited by lionel messi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

1st post updated with fixed FA Cup.

 

What was wrong with it Messi? And would my proposed solution fix the issue, or is it something else?

If it is something else, is there anything I could do in game or with the in-game editor to fix it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think i had too many teams entering from Level 10, i took 3 out and now seems fine as all premiership teams enter in the 3rd round.

im not sure just taking the levels out will fix it as it will still get the extra teams from Level 10.

Read the post from a few posts up where you could try replacing the editor file with the new one, the file name is still the same so it might do it automatically i just dont know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can pot here,becouse file is like old,please...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to start a new game with either a level 7 or 8 team, should i be clicking add players to teams at the start or not? Never managed this low before so apologise if its a stupid question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

i think i had too many teams entering from Level 10, i took 3 out and now seems fine as all premiership teams enter in the 3rd round.

im not sure just taking the levels out will fix it as it will still get the extra teams from Level 10.

Read the post from a few posts up where you could try replacing the editor file with the new one, the file name is still the same so it might do it automatically i just dont know.

I will firstly try it by removing the extra levels. Because if these levels are removed then how could it still get the teams from Level 10? Wouldn't they be removed from the game altogether?

Should this not work, I will do what you suggested about replacing the editor file. Can you tell me exactly what I would do though. Would I copy my existing editor file (as I made some of my own changes to your database before starting the save), and then tick the box you were referring to. Then save the file and try loading my saved game as normal?

I don't think I would be able to just download your updated version and replace my editor file with it. Because as previously said, I made some additional changes to the database after I download it.

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fraz86 said:

Going to start a new game with either a level 7 or 8 team, should i be clicking add players to teams at the start or not? Never managed this low before so apologise if its a stupid question.

I would click add players to teams, also add key staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big D Man said:

I will firstly try it by removing the extra levels. Because if these levels are removed then how could it still get the teams from Level 10? Wouldn't they be removed from the game altogether?

 

No they won't

The teams will still be there and although you remove the leagues as a front end display, they would still be there in the background and as such would still be picked out as teams to enter the FA Cup. 

 

You will most likely either have to start a new game or accept this fault. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big D Man said:

I will firstly try it by removing the extra levels. Because if these levels are removed then how could it still get the teams from Level 10? Wouldn't they be removed from the game altogether?

Should this not work, I will do what you suggested about replacing the editor file. Can you tell me exactly what I would do though. Would I copy my existing editor file (as I made some of my own changes to your database before starting the save), and then tick the box you were referring to. Then save the file and try loading my saved game as normal?

I don't think I would be able to just download your updated version and replace my editor file with it. Because as previously said, I made some additional changes to the database after I download it.

Cheers.

I dont think by just removing the levels it will fix it because the FA Cup will still start from the preliminary rounds and still get the extra teams. (You could try as i could be wrong)

Yes i dont know if it will work if you have made your own changes or not, i can show you the changes i have made to the FA Cup so you can do it on your own editor file if you want.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I dont think by just removing the levels it will fix it because the FA Cup will still start from the preliminary rounds and still get the extra teams. (You could try as i could be wrong)

Yes i dont know if it will work if you have made your own changes or not, i can show you the changes i have made to the FA Cup so you can do it on your own editor file if you want.

 

Thanks Messi. Yeah if you don't mind telling me the changes you made then I will try and modify them on my file and see what happens. I was looking for the FA Cup rules "apply to existing saves" you mentioned, but I couldn't find it.

Worst case scenario, I just continue playing with 3 Premier League teams missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Big D Man said:

Thanks Messi. Yeah if you don't mind telling me the changes you made then I will try and modify them on my file and see what happens. I was looking for the FA Cup rules "apply to existing saves" you mentioned, but I couldn't find it.

Worst case scenario, I just continue playing with 3 Premier League teams missing.

1st thing you need to do is load the editor file and go to the FA CUP tab on the left hand side, click on apply rules to old saves like i have here.Capture.thumb.JPG.e68d98697b19d9bc8707a568c19ea476.JPG

Edited by lionel messi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

1st thing you need to do is load the editor file and go to the FA CUP tab on the left hand side, click on apply rules to exsisting saves like i have here.Capture.thumb.JPG.e68d98697b19d9bc8707a568c19ea476.JPG

Now open up the FA Cup and go under the teams tab

open up the one at the top which get random teams from division Level 10 teams, change it from 75 teams to 72 teams.

save the file and verify all the levels and your done.

Capture.thumb.JPG.091ee82d81b253a777925ab019acf4a2.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Now open up the FA Cup and go under the teams tab

open up the one at the top which get random teams from division Level 10 teams, change it from 75 teams to 72 teams.

save the file and verify all the levels and your done.

Capture.thumb.JPG.091ee82d81b253a777925ab019acf4a2.JPG

 

Thanks mate. I have done this and will let you know if anything changed as soon as it get to that part of the season. Or it might not take effect until next season (currently in mid-August).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

Thanks mate. I have done this and will let you know if anything changed as soon as it get to that part of the season. Or it might not take effect until next season (currently in mid-August).

yes i think you might have to wait till next season as the competition has already started this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for fixing Messi... Sorry just one question kind of on topic, can you make changes to a competition in the editor and it's possible that it will apply to a saved game so you don't have to start a new game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, keon said:

Thanks for fixing Messi... Sorry just one question kind of on topic, can you make changes to a competition in the editor and it's possible that it will apply to a saved game so you don't have to start a new game?

I dont think it is possible unless you do what i did with the FA Cup and apply to old saves, even then i dont know if it will work or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to pop by and give a big shout out to @lionel messi for the hard work on this file, I've only got it loaded up down as far as level 8 and am managing at Level 7 but its just great to have all of the structure there.

I've got my own policy of only signing players within an hours drive of my club/born in the area and this file helps with that immensely

Top work :applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Just wanted to pop by and give a big shout out to @lionel messi for the hard work on this file, I've only got it loaded up down as far as level 8 and am managing at Level 7 but its just great to have all of the structure there.

I've got my own policy of only signing players within an hours drive of my club/born in the area and this file helps with that immensely

Top work :applause:

cheerrs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Never done anything like this before but am tempted to maybe have a go with AFC Liverpool in level 9/10 I think. 

Just a few questions does it add random players staff etc ? Also any tips for starting this low in terms of other leagues to load what options to tick at start etc ? Thanks 

Edited by lfc7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/05/2019 at 00:02, lfc7 said:

Never done anything like this before but am tempted to maybe have a go with AFC Liverpool in level 9/10 I think. 

Just a few questions does it add random players staff etc ? Also any tips for starting this low in terms of other leagues to load what options to tick at start etc ? Thanks 

There is a tick-box option when you are setting the save up, which allows "key staff" to be added. However, even with this ticked, you only usually get very minimal staff members at the club.

However, at such a low level, you can pick staff up for free on amateur contracts. So it won't be too difficult to get the basics of an assistant manager, 1-2 coaches, a physio and a scout.

In terms of what leagues to load, I loaded England down to level 11, Scotland down to League 2, and then the premier divisions only for Spain, Germany, France, Italy and both Irelands. These were all set to "playable" not "view only".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've downloaded this database, hoping to play in step 11. After copying and pasting the fmf file into Editor data, I can see the database is recognised when i click new game, however after hitting advanced setup, the only leagues shown to me are as far down as Vanarama North/South. 

How do i fix this to play level 11?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ibeefajord said:

I've downloaded this database, hoping to play in step 11. After copying and pasting the fmf file into Editor data, I can see the database is recognised when i click new game, however after hitting advanced setup, the only leagues shown to me are as far down as Vanarama North/South. 

How do i fix this to play level 11?

click on the leagues tab and select how far down you want to go down to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

click on the leagues tab and select how far down you want to go down to.

There is no drop down option to go further than Vanarama N/S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ibeefajord said:

There is no drop down option to go further than Vanarama N/S

You'll have to forgive me for asking this, but you are using the steam version of the game and not a pirated copy??

If not the steam version, then I believe pirated versions are a bit funny...and plus you shouldn't use them anyway

 

Oh and you are not playing FM touch either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

click on the leagues tab and select how far down you want to go down to.

Just been promoted to the Vanarama North in my save. Got a week off next week so will be spending a lot of time on the game during my time off.

Update regarding the editor changes I made to the FA Cup and the 3 teams in the Premier League not being promoted - it didn't work. I will go back into the editor and try it again for next season - but I am not expecting it to work.

It doesn't affect my save anyway. It just means teams such as West Brom, West Ham, Wolves etc. won't be in the FA Cup. Whichever 3 teams are the last alphabetically in the Premier League in any given season. All the major teams will still be in the FA Cup as luckily they start with letters which are much lower in the alphabet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...