FM19 England down to Level 11 *Released*

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

I am having some trouble getting the FA Cup working proper again.

It keeps only selecting non league teams.

What do you think is causing this? I'm in the second season and the FA Cup is working fine on mine. I am using the 19.3 update too. The only issue I have found is that not many, if any, teams from Level 9 Divisions are in the FA Vase.

1 minute ago, Big D Man said:

What do you think is causing this? I'm in the second season and the FA Cup is working fine on mine. I am using the 19.3 update too. The only issue I have found is that not many, if any, teams from Level 9 Divisions are in the FA Vase.

did you start your save using the 19.3 update?

yes i was not in the fa vase at level 9

Just now, lionel messi said:

did you start your save using the 19.3 update?

yes i was not in the fa vase at level 9

It was the public beta version, but yes, effectively it was the 19.3 database - (but before they actually released the 19.3 database, so it didn't have transfers etc).

The only teams from Level 9 who participate in the FA Vase are from the Combined Counties Premier Division. Where in the database editor do you actually specify/select which teams enter a certain competition? It must have selected the first logical division from level 9, as there was a maximum of 1000 for competitions wasn't there?

14 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

It was the public beta version, but yes, effectively it was the 19.3 database - (but before they actually released the 19.3 database, so it didn't have transfers etc).

The only teams from Level 9 who participate in the FA Vase are from the Combined Counties Premier Division. Where in the database editor do you actually specify/select which teams enter a certain competition? It must have selected the first logical division from level 9, as there was a maximum of 1000 for competitions wasn't there?

I think i may have fixed the fa cup, i think it had something to do with how many teams was entering from the level 10 divisions, i have made the teams that do enter from the level 10 divisions random as well, there is 75. just going to check that the correct teams come in at the 3rd round.

fa vase seems fine, level 9 teams from other divisions seem to be entered now.

although you may have to start from scratch for it to work proper.

Im staying with my save as i am now in the county leagues.

2 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I think i may have fixed the fa cup, i think it had something to do with how many teams was entering from the level 10 divisions, i have made the teams that do enter from the level 10 divisions random as well, there is 75. just going to check that the correct teams come in at the 3rd round.

fa vase seems fine, level 9 teams from other divisions seem to be entered now.

although you may have to start from scratch for it to work proper.

Im staying with my save as i am now in the county leagues.

I'll be staying with the save too. Have you noticed any improvements with the 19.3 updates? I have noticed that goalkeepers don't seem to be as stupid now.

11 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

I'll be staying with the save too. Have you noticed any improvements with the 19.3 updates? I have noticed that goalkeepers don't seem to be as stupid now.

Just hope we dont get any major errors later.

yes they seem to make alot less mistakes.

Edited by lionel messi

1 minute ago, jcp1417 said:

I'm seriously pretty upset about this. is there anything I can do to fix my game? a team in the freaking northern premier league won the FA cup

I don't understand why it happened for some people but not others. Man Utd won the FA Cup in my save with this database.

4 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

I don't understand why it happened for some people but not others. Man Utd won the FA Cup in my save with this database.

would it have anything to do with the winter update or the fact i only took it down to level 7?

1 minute ago, Big D Man said:

Its fine on mine but like i said i did start my save before the 19.3 update.

It must be something with the 19.3 update because it was working fine before.

Im not starting again as im on course to get promoted to the regional 1st divisions, will only start again if i notice something that is game breaking.

6 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

would it have anything to do with the winter update or the fact i only took it down to level 7?

The level 7 shouldn't really matter tbh mate.

I will start a new save to run along my existing one (which was started before the update). I will report if there are any issues with the FA Cup etc

Edited by Big D Man

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I have had alot of red cards this season lol.

In my save I'm seeing every foul get a card and a red most games. It's worse for me as I've started a Journeyman save in Ireland where the rules are 2 yellows = a ban and every yellow after that is another ban, so I always have a few first choice suspended - mind you so does the opposition. Sooner I get a gig in England the better!

Also getting tons of injuries between matches - presumably from the occasional training sessions.

Just now, lionel messi said:

i have just changed start year to 2000 and left end year blank

I don't think I saw an end date filled in when I was having a look earlier. I see an FA Cup FMM18 and FMM19. What is the difference?

How long does it take you to holiday 1 full season? I've got a decent laptop but it takes absolutely ages to holiday a full season. I'd estimate around 2 ish hours. Maybe that is normal though?

1 hour ago, Big D Man said:

I don't think I saw an end date filled in when I was having a look earlier. I see an FA Cup FMM18 and FMM19. What is the difference?

How long does it take you to holiday 1 full season? I've got a decent laptop but it takes absolutely ages to holiday a full season. I'd estimate around 2 ish hours. Maybe that is normal though?

They are for the mobile version of the game, not sure how long it takes, its currently in feburary of the 1st season.

1st season has finished, fa cup run good, hoping it starts in 2nd season.

Edited by lionel messi

57 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

They are for the mobile version of the game, not sure how long it takes, its currently in feburary of the 1st season.

fingers crossed!

58 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

If it works, can you tell me exactly what you changed, so I don't have to re-download your database again. I've already got a save which works fine, but I've started a second save as well, and have made quite a few of my own changes to the database, as a bit of an experiment. So I'd rather not have to do all those again. Cheers mate.

39 minutes ago, lee50_11 said:

fingers crossed!

I dont think it has worked, into september and the fa cup has not started, maybe it has something to do with europa qualification for the winners.

man city beat arsenal in the final but already qualified for the champions league, arsenal finished outside the top 4 and are not in european competition at all the following season.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Big D Man:

Think I found the reason why Level 9 teams won't be selected for FA Vase: It depends on the setup in the advanced rules for the FA Vase. Under 'teams' all the leagues are listed out of which teams should qualify for the Vase. But they seem to be included due to the order from top to bottom. Unfortunately leagues listed at the bottom don't send teams to the Vase.
I tested it an changed the order by listing level 9 leagues to the top positions and level 11 teams to the bottom. After that all level 9 team were in the FA Vase but no teams from the (I think) least 18 leagues listed at the bottom.

League-list for FA Vase.PNG

10 minutes ago, ghfkhfg987gjhgjhgg said:

Think I found the reason why Level 9 teams won't be selected for FA Vase: It depends on the setup in the advanced rules for the FA Vase. Under 'teams' all the leagues are listed out of which teams should qualify for the Vase. But they seem to be included due to the order from top to bottom. Unfortunately leagues listed at the bottom don't send teams to the Vase.
I tested it an changed the order by listing level 9 leagues to the top positions and level 11 teams to the bottom. After that all level 9 team were in the FA Vase but no teams from the (I think) least 18 leagues listed at the bottom.

League-list for FA Vase.PNG

I have the team lists reversed anyway

11 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I have the team lists reversed anyway

What does that mean? I've seen that option when using editor before. "Reverse".

Thanks for the tip with the FA Trophy level 9 though. I will have a play around with it to see if it works for me.

7 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

What does that mean? I've seen that option when using editor before. "Reverse".

Thanks for the tip with the FA Trophy level 9 though. I will have a play around with it to see if it works for me.

It reverses the team lists around, i have changed a few more settings for the fa cup and going to do another test to see if works.

The FA Trophy level 9 issue is probably because only 1000 teams, maximum, can be allowed in a competition on the editor. If you count all the teams from levels 9, 10 & 11, there is well over 1000. So it has to get rid of some, and if it is following the list order, it will be lots of level 9 teams that miss out.

Just now, Big D Man said:

The FA Trophy level 9 issue is probably because only 1000 teams, maximum, can be allowed in a competition on the editor. If you count all the teams from levels 9, 10 & 11, there is well over 1000. So it has to get rid of some, and if it is following the list order, it will be lots of level 9 teams that miss out.

yes there is about 1320 in total, i would like to include all but it defaults back to 1000 when i change the number, i have set the level 11 leagues to get random teams rather than get all teams, it might make a difference.

1 hour ago, Big D Man said:

Im going to alter the list around so should fix this.