[FM19] English Lower Leagues Level 11

In recent years I have downloaded the English lower league databases created by various members of the FM community and used it for my LLM save. Like them I find myself in the editor for many hours in each iteration of FM, including adding detail to one of these downloaded databases for my own personal use. This year I will be creating my own database from scratch with as much detail as I like to play with personally and sharing with the FM community.

I am making good progress so far although I am still a way away from having this ready for myself to play and will therefore continue working on it and updating this thread. I will be going down to level 10, possibly level 11, and ensuring I replicate real life as much as I can from online research and personal perseverance.  One thing that will be remarkably different on my database is that I aim to add real life players to the teams that don't have them, as well recreating the league rules and promotions as best I can.

So far I am midway through adding teams to the leagues in level 10 and there is much work ahead before getting to a place I am happy with. Here is brief summary of the key work to be done.

- Add all level 10 teams to leagues

- Level 7 promotions as in real life - DONE

- Level 8 promotions as in real life (finding this difficult to replicate for the 18/19 season so have an alternative in place for now)

- Clubs - Reputations, staff, players and recent histories for levels 7-10

- League cups

- Real life structure to FA Cup, FA Trophy and FA Vase

There are many more bits to add and will keep updating the above with the most major changes.

4 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

What will be the difference from Dan's E22 db? 

Mainly I use advanced rules whereas Dan uses basic, so will be able to go into finer detail. I am also adding players but I wont be going as far down as level 22.

Edited by aaronpassfield

Just now, aaronpassfield said:

Mainly I use advanced rules whereas Dan uses basic, so will be able to go into finer detail. I am also adding players but I wont be going as far down as level 22.

Players would be nice, but could you give an example of a finer detail from using the advanced editor?

6 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

Players would be nice, but could you give an example of a finer detail from using the advanced editor?

playoffs being replicated correctly, for example level 7 playoffs in real life is split into divisional playoffs, so 2nd vs 5th and 3rd vs 4th with the higher placed team playing at home. The winners of the divisionals then play each other and placed together via geographic draw with the higher placed team playing at home with the two winners going up. In basic rules the only option you get is how many teams go up and the rest is done under the hood by the editor itself meaning how these teams are drawn is random. I may be strange but little things like this bug me so I have to fix it. Other things such as transfer rules, stadium requirements and more.

At the moment I am in basic rules adding leagues because it does a lot of work for you but once those league have been added I will switch to advanced rules to tweak and add extras.

2 minutes ago, aaronpassfield said:

playoffs being replicated correctly, for example level 7 playoffs in real life is split into divisional playoffs, so 2nd vs 5th and 3rd vs 4th with the higher placed team playing at home. The winners of the divisionals then play each other and placed together via geographic draw with the higher placed team playing at home with the two winners going up. In basic rules the only option you get is how many teams go up and the rest is done under the hood by the editor itself meaning how these teams are drawn is random. I may be strange but little things like this bug me so I have to fix it. Other things such as transfer rules, stadium requirements and more.

At the moment I am in basic rules adding leagues because it does a lot of work for you but once those league have been added I will switch to advanced rules to tweak and add extras.

ahh, I see. I can certainly appreciate the level of detail, but I personally won't know the difference. Since i'm only going down to level 8, I'll probably just use whichever comes out first. Keep up the good work! All of you editors add so much to the game

• apass93 changed the title to English Lower Leagues Level 11
14 hours ago, aaronpassfield said:

Hello mate, if you get time, could you post a brief guide on this thread as to how you edit the above. I'd like to have a go at this myself. Many thanks

8 hours ago, cruiseylee said:

Any chance this one can have the Essex Senior cup added to it? With clubs from level 3 in it etc. Like Colchester and Southend etc.

I am from Essex, this will 100% be in it.

32 minutes ago, toiletfootball said:

Hello mate, if you get time, could you post a brief guide on this thread as to how you edit the above. I'd like to have a go at this myself. Many thanks

Sure, will put some screens on soon.

12 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Will you have (fantasy) relegation from the level 9 Essex Senior League into the 3 regional level 10 divisions?

And, any estimate as to blast off??  ;)

I believe there are 2 relegation slots from the ESL this year so will replicate that.

I'm not sure yet, I don't want to release a db I'm not happy with if it isn't where I want it to be. I've added players to 2 teams so far, tested it and I'm happy with the results. So I'll hold off on that until all of the leagues and cups have been added and then start adding staff and players.

1 minute ago, aaronpassfield said:

I believe there are 2 relegation slots from the ESL this year so will replicate that.

I'm not sure yet, I don't want to release a db I'm not happy with if it isn't where I want it to be. I've added players to 2 teams so far, tested it and I'm happy with the results. So I'll hold off on that until all of the leagues and cups have been added and then start adding staff and players.

Sure. What some editors do is release different versions of files, eg first draft omits some of the cups, second draft adds them in, third draft adds players, or a further level. Some people would rather use a smaller file as their computer is limited whereas others want a full-fat version. So you could release a limited early version with all the leagues and teams but not all of the extra bits.

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Sure. What some editors do is release different versions of files, eg first draft omits some of the cups, second draft adds them in, third draft adds players, or a further level. Some people would rather use a smaller file as their computer is limited whereas others want a full-fat version. So you could release a limited early version with all the leagues and teams but not all of the extra bits.

Yeah I'll probably release a version without players and staff.

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Brilliant. Have you decided if it's going to be 10 levels, or 11 yet?

Probably 11 to replicate the fa cup and vase correctly. I definitely won't be adding players to level 11 though.

1 minute ago, aaronpassfield said:

Probably 11 to replicate the fa cup and vase correctly. I definitely won't be adding players to level 11 though.

I want to manage a team in Level 11 - my old uni. From twitter I just got a couple of team sheets so I'll try to use the pre-game editor to create those guys.

Just a quick update - 3rd league at level 10 fully complete.

- Reputations

- Chairmen & Managers added

- Reserve and Under 18 teams added according to real life

- Stadiums updated/created

- Missing cities added

- Average match day and season ticket prices added where possible

- 2018 league finishes added, last position/last division updated

7 hours ago, aaronpassfield said:

Just a quick update - 3rd league at level 10 fully complete.

- Reputations

- Chairmen & Managers added

- Reserve and Under 18 teams added according to real life

- Stadiums updated/created

- Missing cities added

- Average match day and season ticket prices added where possible

- 2018 league finishes added, last position/last division updated 

Sounds like a detailed database edit. Looking forward to giving this a go

As am I, but considering my preferred team for this year is at level 11 (plus the database/editor issues that keep me from playing my usual joke games) I was already expecting to wait until after Christmas for a functional game. If this is working properly by December I'll be able to start a bit early!

Using the advanced rules I've managed to simulate the Regional Prem & Regional First playoffs by setting north/south/east/west  regional draw groups in each individual playoff round. The rules verify but I'm not sure how exact this will be, given that there is geographic overlap between the leagues. Also, as the game moves into the future, this may cause problems if a promoted or relegated team doesn't match the playoff region parameters. Will be interested to learn how you have set things up

58 minutes ago, toiletfootball said:

Using the advanced rules I've managed to simulate the Regional Prem & Regional First playoffs by setting north/south/east/west  regional draw groups in each individual playoff round. The rules verify but I'm not sure how exact this will be, given that there is geographic overlap between the leagues. Also, as the game moves into the future, this may cause problems if a promoted or relegated team doesn't match the playoff region parameters. Will be interested to learn how you have set things up

There's a guy in the FM Careers forum managing Hitchin Town - in the Vanarama North! He showed both North and South tables - it does seem as if the AI knows how to shift the borders.

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

There's a guy in the FM Careers forum managing Hitchin Town - in the Vanarama North! He showed both North and South tables - it does seem as if the AI knows how to shift the borders.

Interesting to know. You'd be a bit annoyed as a Hitchin fan to have to travel all the way to Spennymoor or Blyth for an away game:-)

14 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

All the National League South sides were further South though as Andy alluded too. I remember having a close look at the tables he showed last week.

Exactly.  The AI - correctly - takes the 22 most southern sides and groups them.  That particular year, they had a lot of southern teams.  Hence Hitchin went north.

Another league completely finished at level 10, for those of you wanting Hashtag United you will be please to know they are done with the exception of players. If anyone knows their full squad list with positions, ages etc I am happy to add it in.

Due to the level of detail it is coming along slower than I would like but I am confident it willbe the most accurate db out there.

Recently added average attendances for those available, colours and kits.

Edited by aaronpassfield

9 hours ago, aaronpassfield said:

If anyone knows their full squad list with positions, ages etc I am happy to add it in.

Not the crowds favourite Hashtag United, but someone on Petersfield Town (level 10 Wessex Div 1) Facebook account is taking a picture of their starting team each week, so you can quickly get a database of their players names.

Link if you are interested.

40 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Not the crowds favourite Hashtag United, but someone on Petersfield Town (level 10 Wessex Div 1) Facebook account is taking a picture of their starting team each week, so you can quickly get a database of their players names.

Thanks mate, I will be adding players to level 10 (probably in a version 2 release). I can find player names no problem it's more the positions and ages that are harder to find.

4 hours ago, Taipan said:

I've found a few clubs at that level have twitter accounts that do that.

Hey, just a quick question - will teams like Corinthian-Casuals and the University teams be able to remain amateur? Similarly, for the University teams can they be fixed to only have 18+ year olds and be restricted to newgens only? I remember trying it with a previous FM but it was bugged!

15 hours ago, Malicious Penguin said:

Hey, just a quick question - will teams like Corinthian-Casuals and the University teams be able to remain amateur? Similarly, for the University teams can they be fixed to only have 18+ year olds and be restricted to newgens only? I remember trying it with a previous FM but it was bugged!

I will set all level 11 teams to amateur unless my research clearly states that a team is semi-pro. Yes, will set minimum age as 18 for Universities.

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, atomicversion said:

24th december and no news on this for 23 days, seems nice

Still working on it around work and life.

Feel free to invest your time in your own db or be patient to those who are.

A lot of work has been done and there is more ahead.

Level 11 leagues have been created and I am working through adding the (skeleton) clubs for 1st release (will add more detail to this level in the 2nd release).

I have started adding league and county cups but require level 11 to be complete before I can finish this. I will not be adding cups that contain teams below level 11. Once done, Fa Cup, Fa Trophy and Fa Vase will also be reworked to include down to level 11.

I am also working my way through level 9 adding detail to clubs; fully completing the main page, reserve/youth teams, correct stadiums including longitude/latitude location, 18/19 real life average attendances, match day ticket prices.

Level 10 I am doing the same as above as well as club reputations (some clubs created from scratch).

To make things slightly quicker, I can leave the extra detail mentioned above until 2nd release if people would prefer? Please let me know.

I will continue to pump hours into it today as I have done the last 2 days, so should make some good progress.

Aaron my man,

do you have a crowdfunding page or anything I can donate to? I am really looking forward to this and I would like to donate a little something for you.

Stuart

18 hours ago, MiniMe said:

Aaron my man,

do you have a crowdfunding page or anything I can donate to? I am really looking forward to this and I would like to donate a little something for you.

Stuart

Very kind thought, but I'm doing this for myself just as much as the community. Back to work this week so had no editing but should have some time Sunday. Creating the club's is the really long winded part.