The Italian Job! Italian league thread is here!

calcal

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Disappointed in Belotti tbh, did he cost you much?

I'm reliant on wingers to win me games, strikers aren't doing it at all. Schick only scores when he's brought on late.

55m with installments. Yeah he hasn't done much at all for me. Thought he would be the one to get us firing but isn't working so far. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 ore fa, Grundy Skidmark ha scritto:

At the moment, right after the end of the season, my budget is only £1m. 

That cheap I don't have anyone in mind particularly. Did you solve it? 

58 minuti fa, Vokes ha scritto:

image.thumb.png.e67cf58cc53443351514cdea21b20f8c.png

:eek: I think he is the best 18yo newgen I have ever seen

3 ore fa, RTHerringbone ha scritto:

Decent run of results to reinforce our position in all competitions. The Madrid game was an odd one as it was just straight forward with no issues throughout. Khedira is out for a few weeks now, so Tonali can expect a few starts. Kean up to 8 goals from 12 starts. Ronaldo 23 from 20.

Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 21.26.27.png

Can you post your whole formation of the last season? 
I want Tonali but my scout didn't suggested him yet then I am not going to buy him :D 

Depending the PA Kean got in your career but he could become a monster

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

20 minutes ago, FMbeginner said:

Can anyone let me know how the young players at Roma have developed? Luca Pellegrini and Alesssio Riccardi in particluar

Riccardi currently 20 still has yet to realise his full potential 2/4 stars. Worth keeping around, but he hasn't pushed his way into the first team as of yet. 

Pellegrini I sold in my first year as he didn't fit my system. I do believe he could a extremely good full back with the right development. 

Those managing Roma should keep an eye on Bianda. Physical French defender who could prove a strong squad option. 

9 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Can you post your whole formation of the last season? 

Will try to remember tonight. It's just the default Gegenpress 4-2-3-1 wide with the midfield roles changed to CM (S) and CM (D) and one DC set to a standard Central Defender. Don't think I've changed any Team Instructions but possibly added some Player Instructions. 

20 hours ago, FMbeginner said:

Can anyone let me know how the young players at Roma have developed? Luca Pellegrini and Alesssio Riccardi in particluar

I'm in February 2020, Pellegrini is a "wonderkid" now, I'll post a screenshot when tonight.

159428761_LucaPellegrini_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.3506fedb1f72a56b2c539b18065245a4.png 271724965_AlessioRiccardi_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.0f22cfcc4a2ee2130108e2249ffb10f2.png

Edited by RandomGuy.

On 18/11/2018 at 11:00, RandomGuy. said:

I spent the whole Summer trying to sign Bentacur from Juve, was transfer listed for £10m but couldn't agree personal terms, Got Monchi to go for it, and he agreed terms a day or two before deadline day, then the whole Manolas to Madrid saga started and I had to divert funds to a centre half. Deal for Bentacur was in place until the end of the window, but Manolas didn't leave until after, so I didn't have the money to finalise that deal

January window came around and De Rossi was gone to Boca Juniors.

Bentacur again transfer listed, agreed a £8m deal and a contract for him, six months of watching matches and talking to press had lowered his demands to a respectable level. Says he might take a while to decide his future but agreed to my terms.

Two weeks later he signs for Lazio :mad:

After an extremely succesful first season with ATALANTA (we won both the league and the cup) we are now ready for a second season. 

our tactic is a variation of 5-3-2 and as you can see we have gathered an excellent italian core in our squad. I’ll post pictures about our transfers and other info when i get home. 

GK Rulli Sportiello

WBR Almamy William Garcia

DC Mancini Toloi Varnier 

DC Betella Corbo 

WBL Pellegrini Wendell 

MC Barella Tonali

MC Valzania Melegoni Kulusevski

AMC Chakvetadze Cortinovis

FC Barrow Petagna Kean Pellegri
Edited by CapaJr

Roma - January window 2020

Overhaul wanted, overhaul, sort of, done.

Out went De Rossi (£800k to Boca), he wanted the move and I thought I'd replaced him with Bentacur). Schick (£20m to Crystal Palace), been moaning for ages about a move to finally let him go, only to discover theres a clause that takes 50% of the fee to his previous club. Willian Jose (£30m to Newcastle), had scored one goal since March. Olsen (£7.5m to Man City), Cragno has replaced him, happy to get his wage off the bill. Bruno Peres (£8m to Atalanta), not my type of full back at all, decent enough fee. 

Kolarov is joining Atlanta United for £4.5m in February too.

Incomers were ...

Emerson (£25m from Chelsea), he returns to compete with Pellegrini at left back.

Spoiler

1841364692_Emerson_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.fd43e52fc05407d5d47b7096ab0dfbe4.png

Rajkovic (£3.5m from Maccabi Tel-Aviv). Cheaper than Olsen, as good as Olsen, more potential than Olsen, happier to be back up than Olsen.

Spoiler

656763691_PredragRajkovic_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.204339c51c5e2afd4c1a06a3652dc399.png

Cutrone (£5m from Milan). Needed another striker, and like the look of him, cheap and Italian makes it worth it.

Spoiler

49158715_PatrickCutrone_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.48ab966da6e9c4f5474707f628d54feb.png

Wanted a replacement for De Rossi after Bentacur stabbed me in the back but couldn't get one, entirely reliant on N'Zonzi there now. Tonali is beyond me, unless I pay £70m up front, they're in the relegation zone so he'll maybe be available in the Summer.

@ParanoidBuddha here's my system, pretty much as described earlier. MCs told to dribble less, shoot less and take more risks (I just want them to sit and pass really). MC (S) also told to Hold Position.

The only changes I make are to the Mentality if away at a strong side, or in-game if I'm seeing out a match I might drop to Balanced. If there's a glaring weakness (i.e. the opposition are always getting in behind Costa), I'll obviously sort that out.

Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 20.12.02.png

1 ora fa, RandomGuy. ha scritto:

Wanted a replacement for De Rossi after Bentacur stabbed me in the back but couldn't get one, entirely reliant on N'Zonzi there now. Tonali is beyond me, unless I pay £70m up front, they're in the relegation zone so he'll maybe be available in the Summer.

Same thing I did for Barella, Cagliari fortunately went in serie B and I got him cheap in the summer :D 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Roma - January window 2020

Overhaul wanted, overhaul, sort of, done.

Out went De Rossi (£800k to Boca), he wanted the move and I thought I'd replaced him with Bentacur). Schick (£20m to Crystal Palace), been moaning for ages about a move to finally let him go, only to discover theres a clause that takes 50% of the fee to his previous club. Willian Jose (£30m to Newcastle), had scored one goal since March. Olsen (£7.5m to Man City), Cragno has replaced him, happy to get his wage off the bill. Bruno Peres (£8m to Atalanta), not my type of full back at all, decent enough fee. 

Kolarov is joining Atlanta United for £4.5m in February too.

Incomers were ...

Emerson (£25m from Chelsea), he returns to compete with Pellegrini at left back.

Hide contents

1841364692_Emerson_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.fd43e52fc05407d5d47b7096ab0dfbe4.png

Rajkovic (£3.5m from Maccabi Tel-Aviv). Cheaper than Olsen, as good as Olsen, more potential than Olsen, happier to be back up than Olsen.

Reveal hidden contents

656763691_PredragRajkovic_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.204339c51c5e2afd4c1a06a3652dc399.png

Cutrone (£5m from Milan). Needed another striker, and like the look of him, cheap and Italian makes it worth it.

Hide contents

49158715_PatrickCutrone_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.48ab966da6e9c4f5474707f628d54feb.png

Can you tell me the name of the skin ? ;)

Just started with Palermo.

630551236_palermotransfers.thumb.png.e141979019ef6f798acad64f4985f919.png

Despite some amazing youth prospects and some solid pro's, the squad is fairly unbalanced with 7-8 CB's, no first choice wingers and only one CAM. I had to delve into the transfer window and bought Marin as I haven't had a game so far with a transfer budget in the first window. Sold 2 CB's as I'm not going with 5atb this year (Belluchi is a bit of a nob as well) and trying to get rid of a couple of others, just hard to move them on. Performance of Chochev (my favourite cheap purchase for other clubs) and Nestorovski will be important. The first team doesn't have a natural right winger, but this lad in the youth looks pretty damn good so he's been promoted.

lucera.thumb.png.fcefa7ae30bdaa61f41a369ff15d3faf.png

51 minuti fa, jonathan44 ha scritto:

Just started with Palermo.

630551236_palermotransfers.thumb.png.e141979019ef6f798acad64f4985f919.png

Despite some amazing youth prospects and some solid pro's, the squad is fairly unbalanced with 7-8 CB's, no first choice wingers and only one CAM. I had to delve into the transfer window and bought Marin as I haven't had a game so far with a transfer budget in the first window. Sold 2 CB's as I'm not going with 5atb this year (Belluchi is a bit of a nob as well) and trying to get rid of a couple of others, just hard to move them on. Performance of Chochev (my favourite cheap purchase for other clubs) and Nestorovski will be important. The first team doesn't have a natural right winger, but this lad in the youth looks pretty damn good so he's been promoted.

lucera.thumb.png.fcefa7ae30bdaa61f41a369ff15d3faf.png

Palermo youth teams are good :) Such a nice team for a serie B career 

On 26/11/2018 at 19:34, ParanoidBuddha said:

That cheap I don't have anyone in mind particularly. Did you solve it? 

Yeah, I raised some cash by selling Veretout.  He was a first choice player, but he was also frequently unhappy, and I now have a lot of choices in central midfield.  The board then offered me a budget of about £30m once the season started.

I've sold almost all of my backup and squad players, bringing in youth or loanees to replace them.  For the first team I've signed Munir from Barca and Roman Eremenko from Spartak (thinking of switching to a formation with an AMC next year, and no-one in the squad was natural there) both on Bosmans.  I've also added Borja Mayoral, for a bargain price, after he had scored 14 goals in La Liga while on loan at Levante, so now there's lots of competition for Simeone and Kean up front.

In defence, I've brought in Marco Varnier and Diogo Dalot, both on loan, to provide cover and rotation for last season's back 4.   I still need another central defender, after I tried and failed to get Savic from Atletico and Wallace from Monaco.  Have a loan offer pending for Shkodran Mustafi from Arsenal, anyone used him before?

Any remaining money, I'll see if I can put together a deal for Vagnoman, and then I'll be very happy with my transfer dealings for this window.

14 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Same thing I did for Barella, Cagliari fortunately went in serie B and I got him cheap in the summer :D 

How much did his price come down? I'm not sure how high I should go for him.

14 hours ago, EstebanNero said:

Cutrone for £5m. What a bargain. 

Can't understand why he was so low, didn't hesitate though.

12 hours ago, themario said:

Can you tell me the name of the skin ? ;)

12 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

There is even directly in steam :) 

Yeah it's the one that's quoted.

Won my first cup and first league title with Atalanta 3rd season! Cup was a 3-0 win over Juventus (Tumminello hat-trick) while I won the league with 3 games to go. Dropped a lot of points in the league but so did everyone else. Reached Semis of Champions League, but lost in a goal-fest 8-6 on agg to Man City. Tumminello stepped up big time after I lost Barrow for 2 months. Played 4-2-3-1 with an AP and inside fwds. S4...will continue only signing transfer listed Italian players and players in Serie B/C...should have a couple of good ins with Cagliari getting relegated. High priority is Barella and Romagna but other Italian clubs are interested. Really want Romagna as I'm not sure if I can hold onto Varnier with AS Monaco circling.

Some screens of league table, transfers + some young players who start at Atalanta that have developed into first team squad players:

League Table

Spoiler

20181128222849_1.thumb.jpg.6bead6701147e2d6e804757223283774.jpg

Transfers:

Spoiler

20181128223821_1.thumb.jpg.5cf74ce7b83c55e8d41f69b0cf70dabf.jpg

Emerson and Murgia from the transfer list. Vignato, Tonali, Vicari from Serie B clubs (Chievo, Spal got relegated). Terracciano free as a backup keeper. Everyone else is a regen from a Serie B/C club. Macchi (5.5m) is a 18yo keeper. I think I will play him first choice in 21/22...slightly worse than Sportiello in mental stats but with far more potential. Got a few more Serie B regens coming in at start of transfer window as well as Luperto from Napoli on a free. Losing Mancini was tough but playing 2 of Varnier/Capradossi/Vicari ended up being fine.

Marco Varnier:

Spoiler

20181128223646_1.thumb.jpg.07e5c84843c6ba810d42b2c3f172a3f3.jpg

Filippo Melegoni:

Spoiler

20181128223707_1.thumb.jpg.b28403d0c72ca04c4af9ccf3aa5587d5.jpg

Dejan Kulusevski:

Spoiler

20181128223731_1.thumb.jpg.5fd4f87d5d6494be4cb9b03ca4bda4f6.jpg

Diallo Amad Traore (who is now a wonderkid):

Spoiler

20181128223747_1.thumb.jpg.db37cd8a50045ca9b46ceb9039eb896b.jpg

Edited by Evanescent

I had a good season in Italy with Napoli in the second season. After winning the Championship and EFL Cup (I know!) with Blackburn, I resigned and got the Napoli job...

Capture.thumb.PNG.7b8bf75ae9743be8d3d87fec91f17e64.PNG

Capture2.thumb.PNG.63439e155e142bf133b3f0e0669b64a3.PNG

Capture3.thumb.PNG.ef976dc7f77cd0f4af6fbedb96bb846f.PNGCapture2.thumb.PNG.63439e155e142bf133b3f0e0669b64a3.PNG

Allan and already been sold so I signed the players listed above. Tried a wide formation with Insigne, Mertens and Verdi, though 4-4-2 diamond helped me fare much better! Got knocked out of the CL in the group stages sadly, but ended up winning Serie A on the last game of the season after beating Juventus and going top on the head-to-head rule (as we drew away from home with them).

The best performers were Diego Simeone (who I signed), Milik, Mario Rui, Hysaj, Zielinski, though some players massively underperformed such as Hamsik, Callejon and Koulibaly! As much as I wanted to stay on with Napoli, I'm only staying with each club I'm at on this stage for one season - I resigned and got the Bayern job after being turned down by Barca and Real.

Though I did sign Fekir, Lenglet permanently and Cannavo to build on the great season we had before I left.

Heading towards the end of the season. Just thumped Napoli 4-0 at Allianz Stadium to win the title with 4 games to go. Now have the small matter of 2 games against the same team in the CL Semi. The other Semi is between the Manchester clubs. Big Ron is taking the **** with his goal tally now. It's great to see - because I've decided I will try to offload him in the Summer. Can only see Man Utd, Man City and PSG having the resources to go for him though…..

Screenshot 2018-11-28 at 19.56.41.png

EDIT - Into CL Final. 1-1 at Napoli, 2-1 at Home. Face Man Utd who beat City 2-1 at Old Trafford and 1-0 away.

Won 2-1 in the final. Big Ron closes the season like this. 42 in 44 appearances. Not bad for an old guy.

Screenshot 2018-11-28 at 20.42.56.png

It was a cool spring evening in Budapest 2022 at the Puskas Ferenc stadion. Roma a new European power v the the white of Real Madrid. The game would finish 5-2 featuring a hat trick from the brightest talent in football, Pellegri. 

PSG, Benfica and Barcelona lay in wake as did our domestic rivals as we trotted to a third consecutive Scudetto. The treble however wasn't completed. 

Pellegri and Under were the star performers and Insigne proved to be our Baggio with 16 goals and 29 assists. Zaniolo and Bianda broke into the first team and the academy has produced two bright young talents who should follow suit. 

Forza Roma!

roma-fans.thumb.jpg.7b01891460fde11f73693ce22532a777.jpg

My bargain hunting continues, Sergi Gomez will join from Dortmund in the Summer for £8m, a bargain I reckon.

Means I'll have Pellegrini, Crisante, Gomez and Pereira competing for four spots, Zaniolo is someone I've not decided what to do with yet, but Coric is likely to be deemed surplus, not developing much at all.

Just need a DM to compete with N'Zonzi and the midfield is set for years.

Up front Maxi Gomez is on course for a 20 goal season, and Cutrone is Cutrone. Mertens available for nothing in the Summer, and Napoli outside the European places, reckon I could steal him if we qualify for the CL. 

Would definitely recommend Cragno as a goalkeeper if you want an Italian.

Edited by RandomGuy.

18 hours ago, EstebanNero said:

I would persist with Zaniolo. He's currently starting for me ahead of Tonali and Melegoni. Brings lovely balance to the centre of the pitch with his left foot.

Cheers, I think I'll give him a go next year, playing with the idea of dropping one of Zaniolo, Pereira or Crisante in the DM(dlp) position.

On 28/11/2018 at 20:39, Lawly Boi said:

Capture2.thumb.PNG.63439e155e142bf133b3f0e0669b64a3.PNG

How's your defending against wide formations? 4-romb-2 is one of my favorite setups, but I haven't tried it out yet in FM19.

The best performers were Diego Simeone (who I signed),

:D

Edited by GunmaN1905

Have had a huge clear out and major squad overhaul. No major impact on performance and we're third after 4 games (a point off the top), with a game in hand.

Out are Khedira, Spinnazola, Ronaldo, De Sciglio, Pjanic and Higuain.

In have come Sessegnon, Vagnoman, Cutrone, Milinkovic-Savic, Chiesa and Asensio.

Still plenty of cash available and I have my eyes on Verratti, Donnarumma and Romagnoli. Plenty of reasonable newgens were created in Italy but I've had no luck signing any of them yet. My strongest newgen was at best a 2.5 PA right-back.

2 minuti fa, RTHerringbone ha scritto:

Have had a huge clear out and major squad overhaul. No major impact on performance and we're third after 4 games (a point off the top), with a game in hand.

Out are Khedira, Spinnazola, Ronaldo, De Sciglio, Pjanic and Higuain.

In have come Sessegnon, Vagnoman, Cutrone, Milinkovic-Savic, Chiesa and Asensio.

Still plenty of cash available and I have my eyes on Verratti, Donnarumma and Romagnoli. Plenty of reasonable newgens were created in Italy but I've had no luck signing any of them yet. My strongest newgen was at best a 2.5 PA right-back.

Prices for players out? Savic is outstanding. I payed him a lot but he worths every cent

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

6 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Prices for players out? Savic is outstanding. I payed him a lot but he worths every cent

Khedira went to Man Utd for a fee that should get to almost £75m - which is what I paid for Savic (who is so good).

Spinazzola went to Liverpool, which is weird as they have Robertson and Tierney already. They paid £41m (!!) and Sessegnon cost me £26.5m (relegation release clause).

De Sciglio went to Paris-SG for £32m and was replaced by £21m Vagnoman who is assisting well from the flank already.

Pjanic went to Chelsea for a fee that should rise to £90m, and was replaced with Asensio who was unsettled at Madrid due to a breakdown in contract talks.

Ronaldo I sold on the cheap - only £36m to Man City but they were the only side who could afford his wages.

Chiesa was £54m and Cutrone £24m. Cutrone is a bit like Kean so far. His stats and rating don't scream top quality, but he is scoring more than a goal a game at the moment.

4 minutes ago, john1 said:

What made you sold Ronaldo @RTHerringbone :eek: Cracking money to get for Pjanic!

34 years old. £1m in wages a week. He was completely awesome and has started well for City too, but I've always had an obsession with getting rid of players over 30. Can remember a Barcelona save about 5 years ago when my average squad age was only about 21 and I can see this going that route if I stick with it.

200px-Torino_FC_Logo.svg.png 

Half way point

Fixtures
c83c853b867819d87736c811865c1993.png 
ab6903e30c8b23b9a858e5d55946307a.png 

Table

9c1a9e5ca62417df658d9078f8f706b9.png 

Pretty happy with how we going so far, could have been closer to the top 4, which wasn't to be. Gutted with draw with AC Milan, despite us going 3-1 up but to concede in 90+2 goal with deflection. Constantly getting news with managers turning up at games to keep eye on Belotti :( We are constantly losing money every month, hoping we can get Europa League for next season.

Transfers

Brought in Nelsson and Xadas to boost our midfielders options, Xadas, already made AMC position as his own since joining us. Valeri, is a regen and was snapped up by Speakman(HOYD) Currently pre signing Milan Gajic from Bordeaux for 3.6M and Dejan Joveljic from Red Star, for 650K both will arrive in January. 

OUT

Baselli, will be leaving in January to Lazio for 20M
Rincon is bound to leave in January currently in talks with other clubs.
De Silvestri, could be heading out as well, I find him error prones and constantly making mistakes and plays very poorly, hence why I am signing Gajic, to replace him.

Edited by john1

10 ore fa, RTHerringbone ha scritto:

hedira went to Man Utd for a fee that should get to almost £75m

:O I would never be able to sell him to this price, my khedira is more or less a zombie after being injured months in a row :D 

Did you put them in the transfer list or clubs made offers?

4 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

:O I would never be able to sell him to this price, my khedira is more or less a zombie after being injured months in a row :D 

Did you put them in the transfer list or clubs made offers?

His injury proneness didn't really show in my first season. A couple of minor knocks but nothing longer than a week out.

Man Utd wanted him and so I offered him to them for something silly like £100m. Seems like PL clubs are more loaded than ever because they were trying to buy Kane for a huge amount after Khedira left.

In general, if any of my players are wanted by other clubs and I can see a replacement, I'll sell. It's the easiest way.

Really enjoying a Lazio save I've started on FM Touch. Promised the board CL qualification and they gave me £20m. I then sold off some dead wood and managed go raise a further £50m, noteable sales included Wallace, Lucas Leiva, Parolo, Lulic and others fringe players.

So I managed to buy the following with all fees structured roughly 40% up front and 60% over 3yr instalments.

De Ligt 22m, Milinkovic 12m, Mbabu 11m, luca Pellegrini 9m, Trauco 650k, F De  Jong 17m, palacios 9m, Lozano 16m, N Pepe 10m, Pavon 10m, and Belotti 30m. Also got Tonali for 9m and loaned him back to Brescia. 

Currently sitting third after 9 games.  An away 3-1 win against Inter being my highlight.  Struggling to get Immobile or Belotti firing.

I've just agreed sales of Badelj,  lukaku, and Cacares to go in the Jan transfer window which will boost my tfr budget up to 20m. Josha Vagnoman is available for around 7m so might pick him up.

Rugani is available for around 30m according to my scout, is he as good in FM19 as he was in FM18?

I'm also keeping an eye on Martial, Utd haven't offered new contract yet, it expires 2019 but they have the 1 year extension option so not sure if I'd be able to approach to sign in Jan. Scout says he's available 40-60m. 

What kind of cash do you get at the end of the season in Serie A? I've noticed tv revenue coming in monthly which helps us almost break even monthly. Any decent prize money? We're in Euro cup as well.

31 minuti fa, roddam ha scritto:

Rugani is available for around 30m according to my scout, is he as good in FM19 as he was in FM18?

First season and half he's around 7.2-7.3. He never made mistakes btw, I like him by now

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

Two games left of my season.

Table is...

1. Roma - 74pts - Genoa (a), Torino (h)

2. Lazio - 73 - Samp (h), Juve (a)

3. Milan - 72 - Inter (a), Udinese (h)

4. Inter - 71 - Milan (h), Florentina (a)

Bricking it. Torino sit fifth, Milan derby looks like a huge one.

My main issue is I play Genoa on Sunday, the Europa League Final on Wednesday, then Torino on Saturday.

First set of results.

Genoa 0-3 Roma

Lazio 5-0 Sampdoria

Inter 0-0 Milan

Both Milan sides take themselves out the running.

1. Roma - 77 

2. Lazio - 76

I play Chelsea now. Saturday I play Torino at home, a win gets me the title.

Lazio play Juventus away, if they finish equal on points with me, they win the league as they win the head to head.

Lost the Europa League Final 4-0 to Chelsea, N'Zonzi sent off after 20 minutes made a hard job impossible, tried to keep a formation that could give us a chance but it backfired.

Edited by RandomGuy.