Sports Interactive Community
murrence

Awful shots to goals ratios (way too many off target shots)

Same problem for me, at the moment I find the more possession I get the less goals. It's a big problem because teams like Barca and City always dominate possession and their quality allows them to  break defences with ease. That is not the case in FM, I also use some of the best players and get 65-70% possession barely scoring 1-2 goals and sometimes even 0, with 20-30 shots per match.

The problem is the AI teams go ultra defensive and park the bus every game waiting for a counter and they even score sometimes with 1-2 shots per match.

Temporary solution I think is to use a more direct tactic with less possession so you can score more on counter attacks and have more space forward in general.

But I think something should be changed to allow creative players to break tight defences with through balls or one-twos, which I very rarely see.

I have noticed that I have games where the ratio of shots on target to shots is very poor, however, I have just noted that it is because the game counts blocked shots as shots off target - surely this is wrong?! In real life, blocked shots aren't even counted as shots so to me, it is this that is skewing the numbers.

Anyone come across a ‘fix’for this? A lot of my games are ending like the picture attached 

79CFA692-727A-4DB3-93AE-99EB15F5836E.jpeg

Edited by M4TTYLUFC

Same q form me - I'm absolutely battering teams but sometimes have as low as 20% shots on target percentage!! 

I have top attackers

Playing a short passing, attacking game, work ball into box, players on shoot less often...

Anything else I can do?

Yeah I scored 5 but look at the amount of shots and the amount of on target. The level of blocked shots in this game is a heck of a lot higher than previous editions. This is also just one occurrence of many games in a season where this happens. 

IMG-20181201-WA0008.jpeg

I had the same thoughts until I had a look at the tactics -> analysis -> shots screen. In the last 50 matches I've had 1102 shots total, 520 of those on goal and 131 scored. That seems fairly reasonable, I think. Clear-cut chances created: 84. Converted: 61. Again, it seems realistic.

- Troels

Hi guys, 

Thanks for bringing this issue up on the forums, we are aware of this issue and I can confirm that it is under review.

Please continue posting any issues you find on the forums and don't forget to include pkm's with match engine issues.

Cheers,

Hugo

I just want to say I agree - too many matches like the one in the picture ..

real.jpg

Edited by Troels Jensen

I'll ask again - but does anyone know when SI Games are going to make a release to bring this game up to the standard expected? 

I'm playing the public-beta and I'm seeing games like this all too often. 

I'll stop playing once again. So bored of this game now - worst FM in years, just unplayable. Way too many corners, way too many shots off target, can't cross the ball, strikers do nothing, AMs do nothing, closing down doesn't work - it's just a ridiculously poor ME.

image.thumb.png.59dc92aef4a803c4265732805cf881b3.png

Edited by philburton

On 04/12/2018 at 21:00, philburton said:

I'll ask again - but does anyone know when SI Games are going to make a release to bring this game up to the standard expected? 

I'm playing the public-beta and I'm seeing games like this all too often. 

I'll stop playing once again. So bored of this game now - worst FM in years, just unplayable. Way too many corners, way too many shots off target, can't cross the ball, strikers do nothing, AMs do nothing, closing down doesn't work - it's just a ridiculously poor ME.

image.thumb.png.59dc92aef4a803c4265732805cf881b3.png

I've given my fair share of fustration towards 19 but the SI are doing a good job at changing things. AM is still under changes in PB, i've noticed quite a few good things in PB that has sorted annoying stuff in the 19.1 v. But I do agree with you in most cases. 

So, has it gone any further than 'Under Review'? Let me post some stats from games during my second season at Manchester United:

Opponent | Score | Shots - On Target

Sundowns (N) | 1-0 W | 23 - 6

Newcastle (H) | 0-0 D | 9 - 2

Southampton (H) | 2-1 W | 16 - 5

Sheff Utd (H) | 3-0 W | 25 - 12

Chelsea (A) | 3-0 L | 10 - 2

Southampton (H) | 2-0 W | 19 - 7

Arsenal (A) | 0-0 D | 14 - 6

Spurs (H) | 4-1 W | 29 - 13

Man City (H) | 3-1 W | 15 - 7

Dortmund (A) | 5-0 W | 20 - 9

Man City (H) | 0-1 L | 9 - 3

Watford (A) | 0-0 D | 11 - 2

Chelsea (A) |1-2 L | 14 - 3

Wolves (A) | 1-0 W | 13 - 4

Brighton (H) | 2-1 W | 12 - 4

Huddersfield (A) | 2-0 W | 7 - 2

Real Madrid (H) | 1-0 W | 13 - 4

Crystal Palace (H) | 2-0 W | 13 - 5

Stoke (A) | 1-0 W | 16 - 3

Newcastle (A) | 3-0 W | 14 - 6

Out of the 34 games where full match details were available, I managed to find an incredible 20 examples of my Man United team firing less than half of their shots on target. We had 10+ shots in all but 3 of those matches, with 302 shots and a mere 105 on target - a 34.77% rate if my maths serves me correctly. Simply not good enough for a club like Manchester United and from what I've seen already on this thread, it isn't my tactics that's the problem.

4 часа назад, oohlala111 сказал:

it isn't my tactics that's the problem.

it is your tactic.

All my teams and teams my friends have 45-50%

Screenshot_17.thumb.png.f1a020593dbd65c5705aedb1ad60e882.png

Screenshot_18.thumb.png.9be645e69f2d3598f65c68eafcf5c493.png

49 minutos atrás, tem disse:

it is your tactic.

Screenshot_17.thumb.png.f1a020593dbd65c5705aedb1ad60e882.png

Screenshot_18.thumb.png.9be645e69f2d3598f65c68eafcf5c493.png

Why don't you share the solution then?

11 hours ago, tem said:

it is your tactic.

That's all well and good but if this issue is under review, surely that means there is a potential problem with the game and not just with my tactic? If it is my tactic then it appears to be much harder to create a tactic on FM19 as I would assume the people having this issue will be using a variety of tactics and formations... and like macro rightly says, why not tell us what we're doing wrong instead of simply telling us we are incorrect? :idiot: I appreciate it might be harder to do if we haven't posted our tactics but you could share some pointers at least.

Have you considered that it could just be mostly a problem for bigger (or at least one of the better) clubs in a division? There are 3 examples of Man United, 1 example of Real Madrid, 1 example of Swansea and 1 example of Walsall (perhaps the anomaly in this group). Your example lists FC Den Bosch and US Orleans - both current 2nd division clubs IRL. (Obviously this is irrelevant if you are a few seasons into your save, which is why it is only a consideration.) I'm not saying it is definitely the issue here but it could certainly make a difference. :)

Edited by oohlala111

I think if blocked shots are made to not count towards total shots this statistic will fall dramatically, but I don't know how is it done in real life football. Are blocked shots counted towards total shots?

3 hours ago, TexasDemon said:

Is this still a thing? Can someone give me an update please?

Thanks in advance!

Not directly and far less frequent on the opposition being lethally accurate. However, the long shot issue does make the shots to shot on target ratio go wild sometimes if your strikers/wingers aren't doing great. 

40 shots

10 on target

10 off

20 SHOTS BLOCKED

I lost 2-1

THIS IS RIDICULOUS...and it keeps every game

I think the key point in this is "it happens every game" - obviously results like this do come along sometimes but not for the same team game after game! :P (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though lmao)