Sports Interactive Community
tariq13

Why Is There No Help With the Editor?

I have been trying since the game came out on the 1st to setup the lower divisions in the United States. Since playing in the US is all about youth development, you need the lower divisions to run in order to do any of that. Right now I can't even get the second division set up. It's such a simple thing. 2 conferences, 34 games, top 8 teams in each conference play a playoff, then a championship game between the two playoff winners. A basic league structure and the editor can't do it. You can't use the basic editor because you guys didn't take the NASL out of the game, so I'd have to make up a fake NASL league with fake teams in order to use basic rules. If I use advanced rules to remove the NASL and create the second division, all hell breaks loose. I have been posting questions on this message board since the 1st, uploading my files each time. I haven't gotten a single response from the moderators on a single one. I don't understand how you can release a program that is so filled with bugs and error message that make no sense and not offer any help on how to use it. It shouldn't be this difficult to create a basic league structure.

1. Moderators(and users) are just volunteers, not SI employees.

2. The board isn't particularly active

3. Many questions are much more complicated than the person asking understands so helping isn't just telling someone to "push button A". 

4. I'm convinced SI are careful to not help too much with the editor because if I was their lawyer I would advice them exactly that. 

9 hours ago, Fredrik said:

3. Many questions are much more complicated than the person asking understands so helping isn't just telling someone to "push button A". 

4. I'm convinced SI are careful to not help too much with the editor because if I was their lawyer I would advice them exactly that. 

Interesting. I really didn't know the moderators are just volunteers. I assumed they were employees. Thanks for the info.

17 hours ago, Fredrik said:

I agree with each of these but 3. I just want to know why?

I mean look at the amount of PC games with Mods that can do a lot more controversial things than what the FM editor is capable of. The only angle I can see is the use of real people names, but I can't see any way anything would backfire on SI unless they explicitly give instructions/guides or endorse in some way something extremely controversial   espically considering many games have the potential to be modded to include real people and their likeness do do a lot worse than what is possible in FM editor.

It's a bit more than that. There are that many license restrictions nowadays. It's not only players names, it's clubs names, stadium names, competition names, fixtures and so on. 

On 09/11/2018 at 10:45, tariq13 said:

I have been trying since the game came out on the 1st to setup the lower divisions in the United States. Since playing in the US is all about youth development, you need the lower divisions to run in order to do any of that. Right now I can't even get the second division set up. It's such a simple thing. 2 conferences, 34 games, top 8 teams in each conference play a playoff, then a championship game between the two playoff winners. A basic league structure and the editor can't do it. You can't use the basic editor because you guys didn't take the NASL out of the game, so I'd have to make up a fake NASL league with fake teams in order to use basic rules. If I use advanced rules to remove the NASL and create the second division, all hell breaks loose. I have been posting questions on this message board since the 1st, uploading my files each time. I haven't gotten a single response from the moderators on a single one. I don't understand how you can release a program that is so filled with bugs and error message that make no sense and not offer any help on how to use it. It shouldn't be this difficult to create a basic league structure.

You structer can be done . It's trial and error but I found the best way is to find a league that has it in the game then add nation rules then set it up saying your going to add to the structures then use the advance tactics option to see how they do it . Take screen shots for reference . Another way is to find someone in the editor downloads who had done it too and download there set and see how they did it . Another way is to post your structure on here and someone can look at it for you . 

On 08/11/2018 at 21:45, tariq13 said:

I'm currently playing with a custom US structure that includes an untouched-MLS along with 3 lower divisions of 20 teams with pro/rel between them.  Having issues with the created awards not showing up in the game and, for some reason, the original league names (NASL Supporter's Cup, USL Regular Season and PDL) all showed up in-game instead of the USL Championship/League 1/League 2 names that I had given them.

That said, the leagues do seem to be functioning properly:

Screenshot (13).png

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (15).png