Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
mal9ball

Too many corners

I notice in the match engine that most of the highlights on extended are corners. I get well over 15 on most of the matches. It just seems that the weighting of highlights or the number of corners themselves are out of balance. It has reached a point where if my player is going wide and is covered by a defender it's almost certainly going to result in a corner. 

I'm experiencing a lot of corners in my games as well and I suspect this issue is connected with defenders blocking many crosses (other topics talk of too much crossing as reason for this), which most of the time is done by conceding a corner. And of course, too many corners can be a reason for too many goals from corners over a season, so I could imagine that various issues discussed here in ME section ATM have in fact one common root.  

This one not, but two others (which I consider as related because either being a consequence or the causing factor likely) are already under review.

Thanks Eckfahne, I’m glad it’s being looked at. Some games are alright but I think a small tweak would work well.

1 hour ago, mal9ball said:

Thanks Eckfahne, I’m glad it’s being looked at. Some games are alright but I think a small tweak would work well. 

Since the amount of corners is approximately twice compared to real life, I think it needs more than a "small tweak" :-)

In general there are way too many blocks, which results in more corners.

It's too easy to work the ball into wide, crossing positions. The AI balances this by turning your attacking wide players/full backs into ditherers who dwell on the ball and defenders into superhumans. It's also too easy to get into shooting positions. The AI balance this by turning by turning defenders into last ditch, blocking machines.

Throw in the amount of direct passes and you get a very ugly game to watch.

Lots of anecdotes here, not one bit of supporting evidence to help SI fix the perceived issue. If you have examples that you feel warrant investigation, please follow the instructions here:

3 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

Lots of anecdotes here, not one bit of supporting evidence to help SI fix the perceived issue. If you have examples that you feel warrant investigation, please follow the instructions here:

Uploaded. 

Hopefully there's a fix soon. As it's put me off playing my save until it is fixed.

https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

Sign in to follow this