trying out a new tactic for fun.

1 CB

2 IWB

2 DM

1CM

2 RAM's out wide

1 CAM

1 Striker

what roles would you use in AM & Striker role to get the best out of the Ramdeuters? Can't decide whether the provider should be the AM or the striker.

Edited by Kram S

Hey @knap 

I'm using the 4231 with F9 striker with Bournemouth and it seems to work good. But have you any tactic I can use for the last 20-30 minutes against stronger teams to control or at least keep my leading? Sometimes I have a lead against big teams and  conceede in the last 10 min...

Or maybe its enough to change the DLP from support to defend?

Edited by RasmusBolin

You need to use a SUS tactic. There are options such as posted by  OptomalPrime.

For a SUS you need

Defensive mentality

no nonsense FBs

add time wasting

Can use a Tactic like DEEP SICILIAN DEFENCE as basis for a SUS.

1 hour ago, knap said:

Higher scoring tactics tend to be 442 or 424, but in general Strikers on this version are not as high scoring as in past.

What about 4-2-3-1 Wide? is that not a high scoring tactic too?

The High Scoring 442 was 170 goals and the 424 was 200 with Real Madrid, the tactic above is 152 goals, so  the 442 variants will probably outscore a 4231 and the above tactic is 152 goals, which is still 4 goals a game. One of the highest scoring tactics in past FMs was a Barcelona 4231 at 177 goals.

Hi again

I’m playing with Bournemouth with the Beowulf 4231 with False 9 striker. The tactic works really fantastic! 2nd in the League after 24 games. But I don’t Think my strikes scores enough (Callum Wilson) 11 goals in 22 (3) matches. I know that is almost a goal every second game and still good for a team like Bournemouth. I know that the false 9 role aint a Real striker but in the screenshot Firmino scores a lot (in a better team I know). Anything I can do/change to score a bit more with the striker? :)

34 minutes ago, knap said:

General complaint of current ME,

Callum Wilson has scored 10 this season at 173 mins per goal.

There are higher scoring tactics with the 442s 424. formations

Okay Think I Will try the 424 IF. I like to have inside forwards

The roles does not matter for player but part of tactic. The Poacher and PF set up are similar so can be interchanged. Obviously you can try IF but no guarantee it will work.