Sports Interactive Community
christrott79

Cross Sync issue PC to iPad

Evening,

For some reason when I go on cross sync on my iPad my cloud saves that are on my PC aren’t appearing?

Anyone else having any issues?

Have tried logging out of steam on iPad and back in again but still no joy!

Thanks

Ok so this is weird, I played 2 different saves on my pc today and when I went to download them from the cloud to my iPad neither of the saves were there. 

‘I noticed that there was a file on the cloud when on my iPad called last save overwrite backup of which the time was when I did the cloud sync on my pc. I downloaded this and it was the last save that I was playing on my pc today but it hasn’t appeared under the name I saved it as?

🤔

Hi @christrott79

We've been monitoring this in house since release and the issue seems to be steam itself 

We've found that Steam can be rather temperamental at times when cross saving between devices. 

Sounds obvious, but are you closing FMT19 on PC before accessing cross-sync on your iPad?

Once exiting make sure that is says 'syncing' next to Football Manager Touch 2019 in your steam library.

Let us know how you get on, chances are steam might be ok today and you'll have no issues. 

However if you do, let us know and we'll investigate further. 

I've moved this to our IOS Bug forums so we can keep track

Cheers,

Declan

Declan,

Many thanks for the reply and glad that it is something that you are aware of.

Yes, always fully exit FMT, let steam finish the sync then exit steam.

Will keep posting as it is something I do pretty much every day.

Was just strange as it obviously managed to sync something due to the last save overwrite backup being the the last save that I was playing.

Thanks again.

Edited by christrott79

Hi @christrott79

Yeah we've found steam can be rather temperamental this year -

Its something we're continuing to check over to hopefully get some consistency with. 

Hope that cross syncing has been without issue since your last reply 

However if the issue does persist do let us know and it will hopefully shed some light into why the issue is occurring 

Cheers,

Declan

Declan,

Unfortunately not.

ipad to cloud is fine, cloud to ipad is not, my saves from pc have appeared on ipad probably once since I posted.

Very frustrating!

Hi @christrott79

We tested this earlier today on FMTPC Version 19.0.4 and FMT Tablet 19.0.3 and cross sync from Cloud to iPad

These latest updates have just been rolled out (check your app store shortly) Although the updates don't directly affect steam it will be interesting to see If you're still having issues on the latest builds after it worked fine for me earlier. 

We're about to check cross sync again, so will update if any issues occur 

Appreciate how frustrating this can be so apologies for any inconvenience caused 

Cheers, 

Declan 

Unfortunately not. 

Checked App Store, updated today to 19.1.3, loaded FMT on iPad, last save from today wasn’t there, logged out of steam and back in again, still not there. 

‘Just the last save overwrite backup which I can at least download and rename. 

Thanks for the update @christrott79

Apologies this is still not working as intended, understand how frustrating it can be. 

I've checked again this morning and again cross sync seems to be working fine in house. 

Have you tried starting a new game and saving it to the cloud? Does that appear at all? 

Also what happens if you save the game to the disk? Try giving it a new save name and then checking the cloud on your desktop / laptop - Does it appear?

Or have you tried saving a tactic on PC to the cloud. Does that appear? 

Just trying to understand why you're able to use the last save overwrite, As if that's available it means info is being uploaded to the cloud, so can't see why all saves would be available

So would be interesting to see if other file types other then save games were to appear on your device. 

I'll pass this over to our dev team to see if we can understand why you're still having issues

Cheers,

Declan

Hi @Declan Holbem, i have the same problem on my ipad mini 2 (OS 12), the cross sync is not work. It is not work in all condition, ipad to pc and pc to ipad. In the sync there is only save in ipad for ipad and pc for pc. If i try to save a game on pc (cloud), this is not appear on ipad (Sync on main page). Tell me if you need other information, this bug is horrible, i bought FMT only for sync my game from pc. And it is not work. 

I have exactly the same error for me as @christrott79 is getting - I can save on the iPad, games, tactics etc and they appear next time on the Mac.  However, no matter how many times one saves something on the Mac via Steam, they never appear on the iPad, despite closing FMT2019, and then exiting Steam and waiting for the Steam Sync to finish.  I created a small movie to show it.  Part 1 is here this is the Mac to Steam save, which works fine between Macs or PCs on Steam.

Part 2 is here this is on the iPad and shows that despite quitting FMT2019 and waiting for it to sync, nothing shows on the iPad.  For comparison look at the screen shots of the sync flies, the Mac on the left, iPad on the right

1904569536_Screenshot2018-11-19at19_40_26.thumb.png.9d3d8d5444e55ca92162560708b41751.pngIMG_615BB8F26242-1.thumb.jpeg.dd596a360d91875ca388e4559cffc3ce.jpeg

Version check:  

Mac - 19 . 1 . 4 - 1164394

iPad - 19.1.3 14th November, 2019

Guys - this is simply not good enough.  Between them, spending over £50 to get the ability to use them on the PC/Mac and carry on the iPad when travelling and for that feature to be broken is tantamount to malpractice.  If you can't get steam to sync them automatically correctly, then please instigate some system of manually being able to transfer the files; Airdrop, Files, etc but it needs to be fixed …and quickly.

Edited by Klungemeister

12 ore fa, Klungemeister ha scritto:

I have exactly the same error for me as @christrott79 is getting - I can save on the iPad, games, tactics etc and they appear next time on the Mac.  However, no matter how many times one saves something on the Mac via Steam, they never appear on the iPad, despite closing FMT2019, and then exiting Steam and waiting for the Steam Sync to finish.  I created a small movie to show it.  Part 1 is here this is the Mac to Steam save, which works fine between Macs or PCs on Steam.

Part 2 is here this is on the iPad and shows that despite quitting FMT2019 and waiting for it to sync, nothing shows on the iPad.  For comparison look at the screen shots of the sync flies, the Mac on the left, iPad on the right 

1904569536_Screenshot2018-11-19at19_40_26.thumb.png.9d3d8d5444e55ca92162560708b41751.pngIMG_615BB8F26242-1.thumb.jpeg.dd596a360d91875ca388e4559cffc3ce.jpeg

Version check:  

Mac - 19 . 1 . 4 - 1164394

iPad - 19.1.3 14th November, 2019

Guys - this is simply not good enough.  Between them, spending over £50 to get the ability to use them on the PC/Mac and carry on the iPad when travelling and for that feature to be broken is tantamount to malpractice.  If you can't get steam to sync them automatically correctly, then please instigate some system of manually being able to transfer the files; Airdrop, Files, etc but it needs to be fixed …and quickly.

I agree with you, the main function of the game for ipad is to be able to switch from pc to ipad, and this does not work.

Hi Guys,

I completely understand and again I can only apologies that you're still having issues - 

I completed a full check of Cross- saving between Both iOS & ARM devices and PC earlier today and encountered no issues. 

I hope you can all appreciate that its difficult to rectify the issue when we're not experiencing the same issues in house.

A new update has just been rolled out for both FMT PC and Tablet (Version 19.1.5)

Can you try downloading these updates. Then on your tablet head to preferences and 'Reset to default' 

Force quit the game and re open the app. This should have logged you out of your steam account on cross-sync (rather then doing it manually)

I'd also suggest logging out of Steam on your PC

Then log back into steam and try cross-syncing again. 

@Klungemeister appreciate the videos, I can see no issues in your steps so certainly makes it even stranger as to why you guys are having issues. Please try those steps again on the latest builds ( Although it shouldn't make a difference we'll see if both the PC and iPad being on 19.1.5 makes a difference)

If this still doesn't rectify the issue then I'll speak to our team and see what other steps can be taken. Steam can be temperamental at times, however this issues shouldn't have been going on for as long as it has 

Many Thanks,

Declan

16 ore fa, Declan Holbem ha scritto:

Hi Guys,

I completely understand and again I can only apologies that you're still having issues - 

I completed a full check of Cross- saving between Both iOS & ARM devices and PC earlier today and encountered no issues. 

I hope you can all appreciate that its difficult to rectify the issue when we're not experiencing the same issues in house.

A new update has just been rolled out for both FMT PC and Tablet (Version 19.1.5)

Can you try downloading these updates. Then on your tablet head to preferences and 'Reset to default' 

Force quit the game and re open the app. This should have logged you out of your steam account on cross-sync (rather then doing it manually)

I'd also suggest logging out of Steam on your PC

Then log back into steam and try cross-syncing again. 

@Klungemeister appreciate the videos, I can see no issues in your steps so certainly makes it even stranger as to why you guys are having issues. Please try those steps again on the latest builds ( Although it shouldn't make a difference we'll see if both the PC and iPad being on 19.1.5 makes a difference)

If this still doesn't rectify the issue then I'll speak to our team and see what other steps can be taken. Steam can be temperamental at times, however this issues shouldn't have been going on for as long as it has 

Many Thanks, 

Declan

Hi @Declan , i'll try new version this afternoon and report the status of bug. I'm QA too, and i know how difficult it is to replicate a bug described by users, but this is too easy to replicate in my device. Have you tryied to replicate on the same device in house? Or have you tested on highter device? My device (ipad 2 mini, 12.1 oS) and my pc do not communicate in any way, this is a macroscopic error, it is not a difficult mistake to reproduce. Tell me if you need some other element to reproduce the problem.I would like to help you.

Carlo

Declan, 

Has still been intermittent for me, worked the other night but not tonight, just the last save game backup overwrite again. 

‘The night it did work I had 2 different saves that day and it only picked up the last one that I was playing before exiting FMT on pc and coming out of steam etc. 

‘Just applied the 19.1.5 update to my iPad so same on both pc and iPad now, followed your above instructions but still no joy, just last save game backup overwrite. 

I will get an image of my saves on pc tomorrow and iPad when I get home and put up here. 

Im playing on an original iPad Pro if that’s relevant in any way. 

Cheers 

Thanks for the above information @christrott79,

We're still struggling to understand as to why files are showing on one day yet are failing to show on the next. 

This has to be an issue with Steam itself, as nothing would have changed in the builds to stop files showing. 

Any spare time we have is going into trying to recreate this issue. Trialling on different devices etc is all part of our standard checks and as mentioned we haven't experienced cross save sync issues during the last few updates. 

We'll continue to monitor the situation, and provide any updates should we have them 

I know this is frustrating, but please do keep us informed as to when cross sync works / if the issue persists 

That way we can continue to look into the issue to see if there are any correlation between dates etc which will hopefully shed some light on the issue 

Cheers,

Declan

19.2 same issues. 

Image from my pc today at work when I shut down and left ....

39557B27-8DC1-477F-9536-A19E68B4B607.jpeg

Then when I get home tonight and load cloud on my iPad.....

4505B60E-6D5F-4B75-91DB-A4C6A458B6A7.png

Edited by christrott79

Hi @christrott79,

Appreciate the update - 

For the last week or so we've been experiencing 'Upload Error' issues with Cross Sync in house. Both on Test builds and the live build. 

Our team are looking into this further and we'll keep you updated with any progress 

I'm assuming you're not receiving any sort of 'Upload Error' message and Steam is saying that cross sync has been successful?

Many Thanks,

Declan

Declan,

No, no error messages at all.

Steam seems to sync all ok on the PC as it has always done with previous versions of the game.

Obviously when I go in to cross sync on the iPad it doesn't show the saves that should be there.

Same again tonight. Even deleted app from my iPad and re-installed. 

At least before 19.2 I would still be able to play between pc and iPad through the last save game backup overwrite that was produced. 

Now the iPad is not connecting with any steam cloud files whatsoever and I am in a situation where I am not getting a service that I have paid for. 

I would very much appreciate if someone from SI could contact me to discuss avenues of re-imbursement. 

9FCDC06E-1E05-4CC0-B368-9C654D1B9692.png

Hi @christrott79,

Unfortunately there's been no further updates regarding this, however I apologise if you've felt let down due to the lack of contact from our end.

This issue is being looked into further by ourselves and Steam. As mentioned last week we've been experiencing some fresh Cross-Sync issues in house since 19.2.0 so does seem to be a wider issue then when this was originally reported.

Our team are working on a fix as soon as possible, however given the time of year it looks unlikely that this will be rectified until the new year.

Hope that helps and again sorry for any inconvenience caused

Declan

Posted (edited)

Having the exact same issue on Mac. Cross sync is not working from Mac to iPad, but works fine from iPad to Mac.

I’ve tried starting a career on iPad and then loading on Mac (which is fine), continuing on a few days, saving, syncing, but the save is not appearing on the cloud. So, as others the issue is with a PC/Mac to cloud.

Really frustrating as only shelled out the €20 on IOS for this functionality. Hopefully there is a fix soon.

EDIT : It started working again today, so if anybody in SI or steam made a change to fix, thanks!

Edited by bombjaxx

Posted (edited)

@Bech Nothing special to be honest. I was playing my save on Mac and saving to the cloud as normal. 

After I finished my session on Mac I saved to cloud, quit FM 2019, then quit steam. A few minutes later I thought I'd check iPad and it appeared in cross sync! Ever since then it has been syncing over fine between the two devices.

Steps I do are

1. Save to Cloud
2. Quit Game and Exit option from FM menu
3. Quit Steam (you should see the cloud sync)
4. Launch iPad app, Choose Cross Sync -> Save is appearing

I'm sorry I have nothing I did out of the normal, for days I was doing the same and nothing. Just tried iPad to Mac and Mac back iPad there and saving is working both ways. Only think I can think of is there is some kind of corruption someplace, but once you get a "good" save you are OK, probably rubbish, but can't think of anything else.

Edited by bombjaxx

@Declan Holbem - Hi Declan
Did you guys fix this problem? I only get "tactics" on sky and to be honest it is annoying not being able to play on the iPad when I paid for it.

Hi @Bech,

I've taken a look at the screenshot you provided above and the issue is with the file save type, its a .fmt file not a .fmv file 

Did you have league restrictions enabled at all?

We rolled out a new 19.2.2 update earlier this week which had a few stability fixes included, if you could please update to that and then create a new save game, check that it saves as a .fmv file and then see if you can upload that to the cloud 

Many Thanks,

Declan

How is everyone else finding uploading / downloading from the cloud at the moment?

We've been experiencing 'Upload error' messages when uploading to the cloud from tablets in the studio, however there doesn't seem to be any consistency with this, as one hour it works then the next it doesn't. 

This seems to be a Steam issue and we are working on rectifying with them. 

However as mentioned in the post above can you all make sure your save files are .fmv files you are uploading

The latest 19.2.2 update is now live, so update to that and see how you get on with cross-sync and do let us know if you're continuing to have issues 

Many Thanks,

Declan