Sports Interactive Community
franciscofont

Stuck at "must respond" in contract offer

Guys, please fix this bug where the game doesn t allow to continue or confirm transfers and stays at a menu with the must respond button active...

Its really a game breaker

Hi @franciscofont

Have you got a save game from just before this issue occurs? If so could you upload it to our cloud service for us to have a look at - instructions below. 

Any more info on how to reproduce this issue would also be appreciated :thup:

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks for the extra info.

This issue is still under review.

In the meantime - ensuring to click 'Exit Talks' after finalising an offer should prevent the issue occurring, and if you do experience it, saving and reloading your save should fix the problem.

Thanks for your patience.

Andrew

Thanks for the continued feedback guys. 

Unfortunately we have not found a reproducible example of this problem internally. From save games we have been given this has not reproduced at all and when testing internally this has not been reproduced. 

If you are encountering the problem could you please answer the below questions. 

1) When offering a contract to a player had you navigated away from the contract offer page or attempted to 'Change Contract' offer, before you encountered the 'Must Respond' option 

2) Is this being encountered for every contract that you offer? 

3) Could you please try and save your cache folder to a different location (details on where this is located can be found below) and then delete the cache folder from its original location. Does this solve the problem? If it does can you please upload a copy of your cache folder to our cloud service. Details on how to upload also provided below.  

I've had this problem alot already where i would offer a player/staff a contract finalize it but it still says must respond until i withdraw the contract which is quite the pain.

Hi @Jaake12 

I've moved your post into this thread on the same issue. Could you answer the questions in the post above yours and then let me know if step 3 works for you. 

Cheers,

Ben

1) When offering a contract to a player had you navigated away from the contract offer page or attempted to 'Change Contract' offer, before you encountered the 'Must Respond' option - Seems to be when you hit "Suggest terms", I think? Rather than finalise. 

2) Is this being encountered for every contract that you offer? Doesn't seem to be every contract. I think it's the suggest terms. 

3) Could you please try and save your cache folder to a different location (details on where this is located can be found below) and then delete the cache folder from its original location. Does this solve the problem? If it does can you please upload a copy of your cache folder to our cloud service. Details on how to upload also provided below.  Tried this. No luck. Started a new game as Celtic and same issue.

Thanks.

In regards to question 1). Could you please clarify if you are navigating away from the Contract Offer screen having selected 'Suggest Terms' and before selecting 'Finalise Deal'? 

Cheers,

Ben

16 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

Thanks.

In regards to question 1). Could you please clarify if you are navigating away from the Contract Offer screen having selected 'Suggest Terms' and before selecting 'Finalise Deal'? 

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben - Sorry. The answer to that would be no. I've hit finalise deal and then continue.

Thanks for the further feedback :thup: 

So is the below correct. 

- Enter negotiations 

- Adjust terms 

- Suggest Terms 

- Staff/Player accept terms and Finalise Deal button becomes available 

- When selecting the Finalise Deal button the 'Must Respond' action becomes active 

If the above is correct could you upload a save game with a player/staff member you are encountering this with. Please also detail the negotiations you have done before selecting 'Suggest Terms' (i.e, negotiated wage to a certain amount, added/removed a certain clause or bonus). I'm very keen to get this reproduced and resolved for users, but we just haven't been able to reproduce here with many different attempted combinations of negotiations. 

Cheers,

Ben

About 1 in 2 contracts that I offer to players/staff do this.

Basically, I offer a contract, all parties agree, but then I am unable to click con continue in the top right. It just says 'must respond' in the top right corner. When I click on that, it takes me back to the page saying that I've already offered a contract. It's an endless loop and there is no way out of it other than withdrawing the contract offer. But then of course, the player doesn't want anything to do with you after that. So on every save I lose out on almost half of the players and staff I'm interested in. This has been a persistent and consistent issue in all my saves.

1) When offering a contract to a player had you navigated away from the contract offer page or attempted to 'Change Contract' offer, before you encountered the 'Must Respond' option:__ yes if you navigate away from the contract offer page, after clicking the finalize button, without using the exit button

2) Is this being encountered for every contract that you offer? No, just the 1s I try to give an improved offers

3) Could you please try and save your cache folder to a different location (details on where this is located can be found below) and then delete the cache folder from its original location. Does this solve the problem? If it does can you please upload a copy of your cache folder to our cloud service. Details on how to upload also provided below.  

On 13/11/2018 at 17:46, Ben Kenney said:

Thanks for the continued feedback guys. 

Unfortunately we have not found a reproducible example of this problem internally. From save games we have been given this has not reproduced at all and when testing internally this has not been reproduced. 

If you are encountering the problem could you please answer the below questions. 

1) When offering a contract to a player had you navigated away from the contract offer page or attempted to 'Change Contract' offer, before you encountered the 'Must Respond' option 

2) Is this being encountered for every contract that you offer? 

@bennyj22 and @hugobpontes 

I've merged your thread into this one. Would you be able to give answers to the above question. 

Thanks @agent007 that is helpful feedback :thup: