Who to Manage?

Firstly, couldn't find this topic anywhere, feel free to re-direct me if you find it.

I am looking for a lower league team to manage, usually go Vanarama leagues in England but open to other European clubs but must be a few leagues down. Really want something with a great or unique back story.

Much appreciate suggestions and why!

My favourite LLM was at Monopoli in Italy Serie C/C

Its a tough league to escape from unless you finish top, as the playoffs go on for ages.

I managed to get them to the top of Serie A in FM17 & 18.

You will find all sorts of teams in the Italian lower leagues. Ones with great facilities that have gone bust, small towns like Monopoli. I picked them due their name, and wanting to create a monopoly on Italian football... and I liked their kit.

In FM19 I've gone for a create a club (my first time doing that) and added Isle of Man FC to the Conf North

I was close to managing Badalona in Spain as they were a nice pun on Barcelona and I was going to adopt a mean streak to our tactics etc. I might start that off in a few weeks sill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CF_Badalona

get yourself on Wikipedia and you will soon get lost in a wormhole of random teams, one will strike a cord with you :)

11 minutes ago, Carninho said:

In FM19 I've gone for a create a club (my first time doing that) and added Isle of Man FC to the Conf North

Holy crap, I had literally started making an Isle of Man FC in Conf Nth through editor, but was tossing up if I wanted. I did create a club last year, Manchester Red Bulls in Conf Nth, only got to Championship coz didnt play enough.

6 minutes ago, bennytee said:

Maybe try dafuge's challenge?

or for a super hard youth only challenge.  I'm doing this one myself with Stalybridge and its tough going but really enjoying it

Cheers, I like the top one.

For a European adventure may be worth looking at Fredrikstad in Norwegian 3rd division, former top league team that has fallen down the leagues. Got a good stadium and facilities and also got finnish international Sakari Matilla there who is way too good for that level aswel as a few more players too good for that level.

In terms of Vanamara teams, there are:

Salford - Probably a slightly easier challenge as their team is practically a league 2 team already, and with financial backing would be really good. 

Chester - Recently relegated and now turned in to a semi-professional club. George Green is a particular standout and would be a catalyst at this level.

Kidderminster - A team that I competed with in my first season. A very good team and almost impossible to break down. 

Billericay - A team that have a few off the field issues in real life, but don't transpire to the game.

I hope these help.

I am doing the dafuge challenge (although i have attribute masking turned off) - holidayed a year and then picked the team with the lowest reputation that got promoted into the lowest playable leage - Margate FC.  Halfway through my first season and am in and around the top 4 - although Billericay are running away at the top.

i find playing in the 3rd croatian division funny, there are 2 amateur teams, and most teams are in the reds, since you are an amateur team, you can't keep your players, but you won't waste money, if you move the right way you can be the the best team in 3rd division without spending a penny, then you reach 2nd division have to turn semi-pro and everything goes downhill...its a funny roalcoaster of emotions to play in croatia, once you reach dinamo zagred levels you are in perhaps one of the funniest ways of playing the game, you aren't a powerhouse, but you aren't a minnow either, you can get far into the europa league with some luck but get destroyed by any top 6 team in the 6 top leagues, you are a buying/seller team at the same time, the african/South american players are shouting "buy me for 2 cents and sell me for 30M!" and croatian youth is not so bad either...too bad i overwrited that save with my worcester save...:seagull:

You should try Vaduz in Switzerland, and try to get them to the Champions League.

They are in the Swiss second division, but they are actually a team from Lichtenstein. That means that they cannot qualify for Europe via the league - instead they have to do it in the Lichtenstein cup (which is a breeze).

That makes life a little tougher in in the present, as they have many more fixtures than their competitors. In the long run, your only way of qualifying for CL is to win the Europa League.

2 hours ago, infisert said:

You should try Vaduz in Switzerland, and try to get them to the Champions League.

They are in the Swiss second division, but they are actually a team from Lichtenstein. That means that they cannot qualify for Europe via the league - instead they have to do it in the Lichtenstein cup (which is a breeze).

That makes life a little tougher in in the present, as they have many more fixtures than their competitors. In the long run, your only way of qualifying for CL is to win the Europa League.

that sounds horrendous :eek: 

;)

Archived