1.5 update?

Now, we know EHM is essentially a one-man gig and Riz is juggling his love for the game with his main profession and family, but now FM19 has been launched, does this mean the EHM guru is able to once again put some time towards the long awaited 1.5 patch??

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Yes. With the FM cycle easing up a bit after the release, I've now had a bit more time for EHM as well again. Progress is slow but steady. The changelist for 1.5 is already quite long, obviously the editor features are a big chunk of it but there have been a lot of gameplay and UI tweaks as well already.

On 28/11/2018 at 07:21, Riz Remes said:

Yes. With the FM cycle easing up a bit after the release, I've now had a bit more time for EHM as well again. Progress is slow but steady. The changelist for 1.5 is already quite long, obviously the editor features are a big chunk of it but there have been a lot of gameplay and UI tweaks as well already.

Thanks for the update Riz! Looking forward to trying it out

On 28/11/2018 at 08:21, Riz Remes said:

1.5 update would be nice Chirstmas/New Year gift :)

Can you give us some sneakpeak of change list ? :)

• SI Staff

Unfortunately 1.5 won't be ready for Christmas/New Year as it will require heavy testing first before it can be released as there is a lot to test with the editor functionalities for example. So even if the actual coding work is completed, it'll still take a bit more time after that to test and finetune everything for release again.

I'll try and see if we can do a sneakpeak of the changelist at some point.

Love the game!  Have played it since 2003ish.  It's eaten thousands of hours of my life.  It comes and goes now as new seasons are released.  And while I find new ways to challenge myself, I ultimately end up dominating the league I play in.  I wish, respectfully, to ask if there are any plans to perhaps incorporate difficulty levels as a new feature of the game.  I naively don't know how much work that would require.

Cheers.

13 hours ago, hfxhabslover said:

Love the game!  Have played it since 2003ish.  It's eaten thousands of hours of my life.  It comes and goes now as new seasons are released.  And while I find new ways to challenge myself, I ultimately end up dominating the league I play in.  I wish, respectfully, to ask if there are any plans to perhaps incorporate difficulty levels as a new feature of the game.  I naively don't know how much work that would require.

Cheers.

You make the difficulty yourself. If you play at the highest level at first (read NHL, KHL) then the game is running on easy, but keeping a successful junior franchise? Or even an AHL team where you have to deal with whatever the AI is doing with your club? It's very challenging. I also don't tweak the tactics and let the coach do his thing (since we all know tactics tweaking leads to easy win). So following these rules and not abusing the trade logic, I always have a challenge each years.

As for the rest, Riz, thank you for all the hard work. EHM is my longest standing running game (since the early 2000) and while not perfect, enjoyed the hell our of each release... so I can't wait to see what's next.

1 hour ago, TheGreatErikku said:

You make the difficulty yourself. If you play at the highest level at first (read NHL, KHL) then the game is running on easy, but keeping a successful junior franchise? Or even an AHL team where you have to deal with whatever the AI is doing with your club? It's very challenging. I also don't tweak the tactics and let the coach do his thing (since we all know tactics tweaking leads to easy win). So following these rules and not abusing the trade logic, I always have a challenge each years.

As for the rest, Riz, thank you for all the hard work. EHM is my longest standing running game (since the early 2000) and while not perfect, enjoyed the hell our of each release... so I can't wait to see what's next.

Or start with some lower level league team in Sweden or Czech. Or, take some weak team from weaker leagues and try to win Champions league. Plenty of challenges. :)

6 hours ago, filip_croatia said:

Or start with some lower level league team in Sweden or Czech. Or, take some weak team from weaker leagues and try to win Champions league. Plenty of challenges. :)

Although I find these lower leagues interesting... ultimately you will find the perfect combination to always win and keep your core player pretty much forever. I find it more harder to create a Dynasty at junior level or even the AHL since your core is always changing. Even if you find a rare gem at junior draft, you have 3 or 4 years with him max, same with AHL stint. Maybe there's some leagues out there that mimics that kind of behavior but I never found something more satisfying than keeping a successful franchise at junior level.

On 28/11/2018 at 08:21, Riz Remes said:

prosser-jpg.162545

Please fix jersey retirement :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 03/12/2018 at 07:46, Riz Remes said:

Unfortunately 1.5 won't be ready for Christmas/New Year as it will require heavy testing first before it can be released as there is a lot to test with the editor functionalities for example. So even if the actual coding work is completed, it'll still take a bit more time after that to test and finetune everything for release again.

Is it possible that 1.5 update will be Easter gift ? :)

• 2 months later...
  • SI Staff

Unfortunately development is still slow and I've not had too much extra time to put into EHM so far this year. I am however working on the editor this week though and have completed some game-side changes earlier this year already as well. I did get some work done around Xmas as well on EHM, so there has been some progress despite all the quiet time here on the forums. One thing I can reveal from the 1.5 changelist at this point is something that has been asked for many times: editing contract details like clauses, performance bonuses and yearly salaries plus the contract cap hit will be a part of the 1.5 editor.

This year also saw another new addition to our family as Baby Boy Remes arrived, so my free time outside of office hours has been reduced even more. However I'll try and start teaching him coding and the Eastside way as soon as possible :)

4 hours ago, Riz Remes said:

Unfortunately development is still slow and I've not had too much extra time to put into EHM so far this year. I am however working on the editor this week though and have completed some game-side changes earlier this year already as well. I did get some work done around Xmas as well on EHM, so there has been some progress despite all the quiet time here on the forums. One thing I can reveal from the 1.5 changelist at this point is something that has been asked for many times: editing contract details like clauses, performance bonuses and yearly salaries plus the contract cap hit will be a part of the 1.5 editor.

This year also saw another new addition to our family as Baby Boy Remes arrived, so my free time outside of office hours has been reduced even more. However I'll try and start teaching him coding and the Eastside way as soon as possible :)

Thanks for the update!

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 03/05/2019 at 21:41, kuntdestroyer said:

Hi Papa Riz,

Is there any desire for beta testers? Is there an appropriate medium to becoming one on your team if this is even a possibility

When we get to the stage where we have a beta ready, we can do a beta test via Steam I believe. If/when we can do that, I'll probably post here for volunteers.

• 2 weeks later...

Riz,

Is there any chance we can have a space in the contract section where we can see what year or how many years left before a player is going to hit RFA or UFA status so that we can know how long we should offer contracts.

• 3 months later...
On 03/12/2018 at 07:46, Riz Remes said:

And what about this Christmas/New Year ? :) It's not that far away... :)

• 4 months later...
Good day, gentlemen!
I send greetings from the lovers of our manager in Russia, which we started playing at the beginning of the 2000s.
I would like to know how are you doing with our main wizard Riz Remes? And of course, find out when to expect patch 1.5?
Thanks to all!
Edited by Kadzulya

• 2 months later...
  • SI Staff

Just a quick update here on what is going on with patch 1.5. So the editor features have turned out to be very time consuming and all the while there have been a lot of gameplay tweaks and small improvements done elsewhere in the game. So we have considered moving the pre-game editor feature to the next patch (1.6) and concentrate our efforts on getting all the other updates and improvements out to the public in a 1.5 patch. There is currently no release schedule set for this patch but obviously it would massively expedite the release of 1.5 if we moved the work-in-progress editor features one patch further down the line. We are currently already playtesting 1.5 internally and hope to have more news soon on the progress.

• 3 weeks later...

Всем привет. Я давний поклонник игры из России, город Kazan. У меня два вопроса:

1. Планируется хоть когда-нибудь в отдаленном будущем 3D матче хотя бы на слабом графическом уровне? Ну, условно взять движок НХЛ на Sega или еще что проще? Уверен, что с таким нововведением игра бы на ура продавалась в США и во всех хоккейных странах. Да и поклонники серии FM бы подключились
2. Что с русификатором (русский язык в игре)? Даже фанатский за много лет не сделали? Не смог найти после большого перерыва не играя в EHM. Если есть, дайте плз ссылочку 
3. Почему в игре нельзя сделать звук тише? Только отключить/включить

4 hours ago, Tims Kazan said:

Всем привет. Я давний поклонник игры из России, город Kazan. У меня два вопроса:

1. Планируется хоть когда-нибудь в отдаленном будущем 3D матче хотя бы на слабом графическом уровне? Ну, условно взять движок НХЛ на Sega или еще что проще? Уверен, что с таким нововведением игра бы на ура продавалась в США и во всех хоккейных странах. Да и поклонники серии FM бы подключились
2. Что с русификатором (русский язык в игре)? Даже фанатский за много лет не сделали? Не смог найти после большого перерыва не играя в EHM. Если есть, дайте плз ссылочку 
3. Почему в игре нельзя сделать звук тише? Только отключить/включить

For those who do not read Russian

Hello everyone. I am a longtime fan of the game from Russia, the city of Kazan. I have two questions: 1. Are you planning at least sometime in the distant future for a 3D match, at least on a weak graphic level? Well, conditionally take the NHL engine to Sega or is it even easier? I am sure that with such an innovation, the game would be sold with a bang in the USA and in all hockey countries. Yes, and fans of the FM series would connect 2. What about the crack (Russian in the game)? Even a fan for many years did not? I could not find after a long break without playing EHM. If there is, give plz a reference 3. Why in the game you can not make the sound quieter? Only disable / enable

Edited by Fmfan00

On 21/04/2020 at 00:58, Riz Remes said:

Just a quick update here on what is going on with patch 1.5. So the editor features have turned out to be very time consuming and all the while there have been a lot of gameplay tweaks and small improvements done elsewhere in the game. So we have considered moving the pre-game editor feature to the next patch (1.6) and concentrate our efforts on getting all the other updates and improvements out to the public in a 1.5 patch. There is currently no release schedule set for this patch but obviously it would massively expedite the release of 1.5 if we moved the work-in-progress editor features one patch further down the line. We are currently already playtesting 1.5 internally and hope to have more news soon on the progress.

Great to hear that the project is well and alive! Why not release a new version (instead of  a patch) and use money to further develop this great Franchise ? 

BTW: Does the patch 1.5 fix the resolution issue?

• 6 months later...