Schoolboy Defending

Loving the new edition this year. However, one thing that is infuriating me is the stupid and unrealistic positioning of my defenders. 

80% of the goals I concede are due to numerous players (usually both my center backs) running towards the opposition player with the ball. It is comically bad. The opposition would be attacking and my defence decide to all charge towards the player in possession, leaving gaps everywhere and other players completely free. I haven't had this issue in the past and I have played every edition since FM05. 

I have tight marking included in my tactics but they do the compete opposite in play. They all literally run away from their markers and towards whoever has the ball. 

Anyone else experiencing this?  

Just now, Xeewaj Q. said:

Yep.

Best solution so far is using "Retain Possession" + "Work Ball Into Box" + "Dribble Less" to reduce the number of (counter-)attacks (to zero).

Thanks for the advice. 

It is super frustrating that something so basic that shouldn't be happening is costing me goals and matches. 

Not just when the opposition counters, even during normal attacking phases of play, my center backs decide to both run towards a player leaving huge holes and gaps behind. 

:seagull:

Just now, toby14 said:

Thanks for the advice. 

It is super frustrating that something so basic that shouldn't be happening is costing me goals and matches. 

Not just when the opposition counters, even during normal attacking phases of play, my center backs decide to both run towards a player leaving huge holes and gaps behind. 

:seagull:

I know the feeling when 3-4 defenders chasing a counter-attacking guy on the flank and leaving penalty area literally empty. Well, the match engine is quite raw and everything should be sorted out around version 19.3.2 or so. :)

2 minutes ago, Xeewaj Q. said:

I know the feeling when 3-4 defenders chasing a counter-attacking guy on the flank and leaving penalty area literally empty. Well, the match engine is quite raw and everything should be sorted out around version 19.3.2 or so. :)

Fingers crossed!

Anyone else experienced this and came up with any solutions or shall we agree this is just an annoying bug in the match engine? 

Archived