Sports Interactive Community

We'r playing career for fm 19 we have some freeze problems.
----Watching my friends match maybe friend use touchline shouts freezing the match i left the watching forcedly
---Common matches if referee use red card ALWAYS freezing the match

---Common matches if at the same times change tactics or shouts freezing the match
---Common matches if pause the match another player freeze the match

Edited by Wineup

I have the exact same problem

Not sure what files you need - the game doesnt show any pop-up screen to send to you

It just doesnt continue the game

ONLY WHEN PLAY GAMES against human opponents

On the internet it says that there is a patch update - but my steam only have 19.1.0 - no way of downloading 19.1.1 or 19.1.2

Edited by themikebhip

we've been playing since the first beta. 
We'r re start career 3 times for patch comes
But same problem not solved..
im played Footbal Manager 17 Online career 1800 2000 Hours  This troubles did not have FM17

steam automatic update? mine doesn't do that - done everything they recommended but not helping!!

So even if i get new patch it wont get solved!!!

game freezes when being some action that red card+ if you instructions to team
bunları çözün agaaa yoksaa sünnet ederim sizi kökten yetmezse mıdıklerim sizi götten

Hi sorry for the late reply guys.

@themikebhipit is worth uninstall and reinstalling FM19 to make sure the game is updated to 19.1.2

As for the freeze during an online match, I will move this thread to Online forum section for the Online staffs to take a look for you.

Thank you.

@Jimmy Wong Already install and uninstall and install again - doesnt help! BUT NOT MAIN PROBLEM

Really only issue is with multiplayer - 

ONLY QUESTION ... when do you think it will be solved? What can I do to solve it?

Best Regards

No lessons learned since FM2018 bug (unresolved for many months)? Really?!
In our save freeze occured in the very first match, as in previous version. Now quick check whether it is happening with 2D mode. Neverthless, i'm seriously considering to stop this FM addiction for a lifelong. Online game which is unplayable online doesnt make any sense, just pure time wasting. Dear SI staff, how were your online game tests before beta release lol?

Edited by Kostropaty

It is not worth to install or uninstall. It's worth to sit down and finally fix the f...ootball problem somewhere inside SI company.
This is exactly the same problem as it was in FM18, repeatedly reported throughout the year and not solved for the whole year.

It's beyond my imagination how a multiplayer, online game producer can don't give a "anything" to such a simple and basic problem for over a year ...

Edited by mirindas1974

@Connor Winks I don't envy you regarding this bug because it has been prevalent for years now and clearly you guys are struggling with it but surely you could atleast provide some insight as to ways to avoid it?

Previous years it has been blamed on making substitutions/changes at the same time. I have literally been in the room with a friend and the game has crashed with one person making a sub and the other person literally doing nothing. So maybe making subs at the same time exasperates the problem but it is definitely not the root problem.

Upon my own investigation I feel the bug may have something to do with computer performance. I have 5 people (including myself) in an online save, we've gone through half the season, the freezing has only happened vs 2 of the users. Incidentally those 2 users have the oldest laptops. Incidentally those 2 users also persist with playing 3D (God knows why). One of them has an integrated graphics card which I imagine struggles with 3D and the other I suspect also has an integrated graphics card. So it's very possible in my mind this is a computer performance issue. Any chance you, or anybody from the SI team could comment on that? For now we will continue with the rule of no 3D viewing in Human vs Human. 

Those having this problem would be interesting to know 1.) if you have a dedicated graphics card on your laptop 2.) if you play with 3D view

Will keep this post updated.

19 hours ago, Kostropaty said:

No lessons learned since FM2018 bug (unresolved for many months)? Really?!
In our save freeze occured in the very first match, as in previous version. Now quick check whether it is happening with 2D mode. Neverthless, i'm seriously considering to stop this FM addiction for a lifelong. Online game which is unplayable online doesnt make any sense, just pure time wasting. Dear SI staff, how were your online game tests before beta release lol?

Our in house testing before beta release and since has been stable, we do have a reasonable number of people testing it this year and considerable hours have already been dedicated to tracking down the issues raised since release. However, as I have stated in other threads, if we cannot reproduce these issues in house it is extremely difficult for us to be able to do anything about them, but even so we are trying as best as we can even without reproducible examples. As for previous years, I can't comment on those personally, but as far as I'm aware the main issues were caused by connection issues.

2 hours ago, Vicz said:

Upon my own investigation I feel the bug may have something to do with computer performance. I have 5 people (including myself) in an online save, we've gone through half the season, the freezing has only happened vs 2 of the users. Incidentally those 2 users have the oldest laptops. Incidentally those 2 users also persist with playing 3D (God knows why). One of them has an integrated graphics card which I imagine struggles with 3D and the other I suspect also has an integrated graphics card. So it's very possible in my mind this is a computer performance issue. Any chance you, or anybody from the SI team could comment on that? For now we will continue with the rule of no 3D viewing in Human vs Human. 

This may be the crux of the issue, however we do have a wide variety of machines in house and it still isn't reproducing for us here. We would be in a difficult position if Network games required a higher minimum spec than the full game, but this may be something that we have to look at in the future.

28 minutes ago, Luke Rumble said:

Our in house testing before beta release and since has been stable, we do have a reasonable number of people testing it this year and considerable hours have already been dedicated to tracking down the issues raised since release. However, as I have stated in other threads, if we cannot reproduce these issues in house it is extremely difficult for us to be able to do anything about them, but even so we are trying as best as we can even without reproducible examples. As for previous years, I can't comment on those personally, but as far as I'm aware the main issues were caused by connection issues.

This may be the crux of the issue, however we do have a wide variety of machines in house and it still isn't reproducing for us here. We would be in a difficult position if Network games required a higher minimum spec than the full game, but this may be something that we have to look at in the future.

May I ask, do all those machines meet minimum spec for 3D viewing (or the game in general)? I feel a lot of people ignore the graphics card requirements of this game because they don’t think of it as that type of game...

Essentially if I’m right this may not technically be a bug it may just be a computer compatibility issue.

Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language.

Today I played fantasy-draft with 6 friends. In 3 my matches in a row game froze and continued only if one of players leaves server. In 1st match I changed oppostition instructions, in 2nd game I changed team instructions, and in 3rd game I was forced to make a sub after injury and in all matches game froze after confirmation.
Both me and server have fast network connection (~70mbps download and upload) and game shows that i have 5 stars PC's 3D Graphics Capabiity(but i play in 2d).
In FM 18 we had same issue but most times it happened when BOTH player change tactics in the same time. But now it's looks like game freeze when only I change something.
Please fix it, it's impossible to play online.

Hello

Sorry, i'm French so my english is bad. I have the same problem, please can you tell me if disablig 3d fixes problem? That's really annoying...

Thanks

Edited by MaWceL

Same here. Only freezes when playing against friend from online save - and just as it happened in FM18. Injuries/red cards is almost garanteed freeze. Otherwise it freezes on tactical changes, shouts, subs and so on..

@Luke Rumbleyou should understand what the game does when these events happen (red cards, tactical changes, substitutions, etc.). If the server after these events receives and sends the data that modifies the game from the connected users, then the problem is obviously in this data passage. If a game played without touching anything does not stop and instead crashes if you make these changes, then the problem is that. Maybe sending the data fails once and the game crashes, maybe if it were planned to send them several times, the problem could be resolved

On 12/11/2018 at 14:55, Vicz said:

May I ask, do all those machines meet minimum spec for 3D viewing (or the game in general)? I feel a lot of people ignore the graphics card requirements of this game because they don’t think of it as that type of game...

Essentially if I’m right this may not technically be a bug it may just be a computer compatibility issue.

Defo not. My specs are way above the minimum, my friends specs are way above the minimum. I've watched people streaming online saves (FM18 & 19) who have even higher specs. Same issues, mostly since FM18.

The fact @Luke Rumble and the 'team' cannot reproduce this issue just makes me think they are not testing it enough. How many games do you guys play through when testing Luke? Do you go to one match, find no issue, then run off to the next machine?

I really don't understand how every network save I watched on twitch last year had issues, every online/ draft save I've tried on FM18 & FM19 has had issues and yet somehow these 'in house' computers don't. Perhaps a different method of testing is required?

3 hours ago, Mallo said:

Defo not. My specs are way above the minimum, my friends specs are way above the minimum. I've watched people streaming online saves (FM18 & 19) who have even higher specs. Same issues, mostly since FM18.

The fact @Luke Rumble and the 'team' cannot reproduce this issue just makes me think they are not testing it enough. How many games do you guys play through when testing Luke? Do you go to one match, find no issue, then run off to the next machine?

I really don't understand how every network save I watched on twitch last year had issues, every online/ draft save I've tried on FM18 & FM19 has had issues and yet somehow these 'in house' computers don't. Perhaps a different method of testing is required?

Are you playing 3D though? Out of interest.

uploaded orlean-draft2.fm

0:54 - [new orlean - Heiniken] - match freeze after red card

62:00 - [Генгам - Mon] - match freeze on subtitution after goal

59:33 - [Mon - Heiniken] - match freeze on subtitution

if it helps..

Edited by tem

uploaded orlean-draft3.fm

first match 62:20

second match 87:06, 89:17

third match 58:25, 75:32, 81:04

In second match we found a solution and continued to play:

On 19/11/2018 at 11:02, Mallo said:

That is not our method of testing. We have completed multiple seasons in and out of house across a variety of systems as well as having a private beta team who also have been playing through for the last couple of months. We are continuing to spend a lot of our testing time trying to reproduce these issues, to get them fixed as soon as possible.

9 hours ago, Luke Rumble said:

That is not our method of testing. We have completed multiple seasons in and out of house across a variety of systems as well as having a private beta team who also have been playing through for the last couple of months. We are continuing to spend a lot of our testing time trying to reproduce these issues, to get them fixed as soon as possible.

Well me and my friend have had 4 crashes out of the five head to head matches we've had which is actually a bit ridiculous the crash only prevents the match from continuing and 1 player must relinquish control to allow the match to continue.

It is strange that you can't recreate this issue since for the last few installments of fm we are struggling to prevent this issue from happening.

Edited by jere_d

10 hours ago, Luke Rumble said:

If the issue is being tested in house that must mean you are on the exact name network or if its two different network the data is being pumped down the same VLAN, Im sure I can speak for all users when we are playing the game we are not usually in different buildings on totally different networks.

Has the game been tested on different LANS? As this issue has been happening the last 2 years from my end I have been using a various macs, gaming pc's and server box's over the years and the issue is still there.

got this happening on draft too. has only happened in our league so far when people are playing the host.

red cards, injuries and sometimes subs/tactical changes seem to trigger it. if you quit the game and rejoin, you get back in but the AI takes over your team. host does have an average (not gaming) laptop but I'm not sure if that's a factor given what other people have said in here.