Sports Interactive Community

Good evening,

Since yesterday I can't play anymore. I see 'loading Football Manager 2019' and after that a black screen. The system says that i'm playing, but I can't do anything and i don't see anything. I installed Direct X...but doesn't help. Football Manager is 'staging', but that's it. I just deleted the game and re-installed it, but still a no go.

Getting desperate. What do I have to do? Intall and buy a virus scanner? Anything else?

Hi, sorry for the late response.

In regard to your issue, and correct me if I am wrong. You are receiving crashes when trying to launch FM19. 

Are you able to provide us with your DXDIAG, and also the latest crash dump file, please?  The crash dump file can be located at the following default location: C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\crash dumps 

After you have attached the two requested files, and waiting for our responses, you can follow the instruction from this link below: 

Thank you.

Hello   Hello Jimmy,

Wel not really crash. I start the game via steam or via the link and I see 'football manager 2019 loading' and after that black screen...and then nothing. I cannot close it normally but steam says that it's running.

I've send you dxdiag, but I can't find the map crash dumps...there isn't any  (just games, editor data, languages, matches and skins)

Kind regards

DxDiag.txt

msinfo32.nfo

Thanks for your information. 

First can you try deleting your cache folder, please?

Second are you using antivirus except Windows Defender?

Click on 'Load Game' on the start screen, you should be able to locate your save game from there.

Let us know if you still can't find it. Thank you.

Did you save you game in a different location to the default location which should be C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\games

Please let us know, as deleting cache folder will only reset the game memory but will never have touched your save game. Thank you. 

Reinstalling the Football Manager 2019 won't delete the 'games' folder

What file do you see in this location? - 

C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\games

It would be best if you can provide us with screenshots of the above explorer location and also the in-game start screen > 'Load Game' screen, so we know exactly where and what you have clicked and search for your save.

Thank you.

Hello, I have the same problem with editor, black screen and impossible to close the window.

No crash dump file and I use Bitdefender as antivirus.

Thanks for helping!

DxDiag.txt

20 hours ago, tuxe1999 said:

Hello, I have the same problem with editor, black screen and impossible to close the window.

No crash dump file and I use Bitdefender as antivirus.

Thanks for helping!

DxDiag.txt 27.84 kB · 2 downloads

If you are using antivirus, it could be interfering with FM19. Please read the FAQ below to find out more:

Thanks.