Sports Interactive Community
LazyWhippet

New aspect ratio required for new iPad Pros

This is probably already in the pipeline but the new iPad Pros, or at least the 11" version, has black bars around the app due to the new screen size, aspect ratio and introduction of curved corners and gesture bar.

Requires an update, hopefully sooner rather than later - it looks horrid.

Hi @LazyWhippet

Thanks for letting us know about this, once we get this device in house we will have a look at what can be changed. 

Will let you know when there is any news on this.

Cheers,
Adam

The latest update hasn't fixed the aspect ratios. Disappointing considering it was the .2 release that contained other UI fixes.

Hi Guys,

Apologies for this I know it's frustrating. Unfortunately the fix was more complicated than expected is still with our dev team. 

We are regarding this as one of the top issues we want to rectify ASAP so please bear with us and we will update you when we can. 

Thanks,
Adam

The game is unplayable until the aspect ratio becomes full screen on the new iPad Pros.

Please hurry and fix this! I don’t want to be without FM over Christmas.

14 hours ago, McClane29 said:

The game is unplayable until the aspect ratio becomes full screen on the new iPad Pros.

Please hurry and fix this! I don’t want to be without FM over Christmas.

Can't see this being fixed before Xmas, no doubt a code freeze is in place until after Christmas. It's frustrating and I have been put off it until it's fixed too.

Edit: One final release (19.2.1) before Xmas, likely to arrive tomorrow for Touch - fingers crossed for resolution fixes!

Edited by LazyWhippet

10 hours ago, LazyWhippet said:

Can't see this being fixed before Xmas, no doubt a code freeze is in place until after Christmas. It's frustrating and I have been put off it until it's fixed too.

Edit: One final release (19.2.1) before Xmas, likely to arrive tomorrow for Touch - fingers crossed for resolution fixes!

There's no mention of any FM Touch resolution changes in the change list, so I suspect it will be a 'no'?

18 hours ago, McClane29 said:

There's no mention of any FM Touch resolution changes in the change list, so I suspect it will be a 'no'?

Have they given the Touch changelist yet? Only seen the main version changelist.

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately this did not make the 19.2.1 update either, as said before you will be the first to know.

I appreciate that it's frustrating, I own the same iPad as well and am also waiting for all the apps to be changed to fit the whole screen. For me though it is still playable as the game functionality is there and still runs exactly the same as it would do with the screen full size. I found after playing it for a while you don't really notice it that much so I do urge you to try and stick with it for now.

I want the issue to be resolved as quickly as you guys and, as I have mentioned before, we are looking into it as one of the top issues to be resolved and hopefully will get some better news regarding this in the new year. 

Apologies again,
Adam

14 hours ago, Adam Bell said:

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately this did not make the 19.2.1 update either, as said before you will be the first to know.

I appreciate that it's frustrating, I own the same iPad as well and am also waiting for all the apps to be changed to fit the whole screen. For me though it is still playable as the game functionality is there and still runs exactly the same as it would do with the screen full size. I found after playing it for a while you don't really notice it that much so I do urge you to try and stick with it for now.

I want the issue to be resolved as quickly as you guys and, as I have mentioned before, we are looking into it as one of the top issues to be resolved and hopefully will get some better news regarding this in the new year. 

Apologies again,
Adam

If it was an OLED screen, I would play it, but being LCD, the black bars are too noticeable for me to play it consistently.

First of all thank you Adam for being open on this matter and providing regular updates. It is indeed far from a game-breaking bug, but its somewhat annoying nevertheless and I really hope that it will be updated soon. Also it would be great if we could zoom out a little bit like we can on PC, the UI is just a bit too cramped as it is right now and since the new iPads have larger screens it would be great if we could make use of the extra screen estate. 

I know it has been said that making FMT19 compatible with the new 11" iPad Pro is a priority. However, I sincerely hope this will be rectified in the next week or so when the FM team return!

I've had the device and game for months now and I simply can't play until we have a full screen.

Please hurry and keep us updated. Thank you!

Hello everyone! Bought the game for the 2018 12.9” iPad Pro around the time it launched and was unaware of the issue at the time. Been waiting for the fix since then to play the game. 

Would be nice to know if the problem is actually fixable or not. If not, I would request a refund from the App Store and perhaps get it on another platform. Refunds are not automatic if you wait too much. 

Regards,

Chetan 

10 hours ago, LazyWhippet said:

Fingers crossed for a fix this week!

Looking forward to jumping back in.

I'm praying for a fix this week!

If it is a priority, surely it must be nearly fixed by now? I sincerely hope it will be released as soon as it is working too. Cannot wait until after the January transfer window closes!! :(

I know SI would argue that the game is playable, but I would say it is down to opinion.

I've had this game since November and have yet to even play it do to the aspect ratio issue.

What is SI's stance on issuing a refund on the game? It's a broken product until the aspect ratio is fixed and I don't feel like it is coming anytime soon.

8 hours ago, McClane29 said:

I know SI would argue that the game is playable, but I would say it is down to opinion.

I've had this game since November and have yet to even play it do to the aspect ratio issue.

What is SI's stance on issuing a refund on the game? It's a broken product until the aspect ratio is fixed and I don't feel like it is coming anytime soon.

I agree. Haven't played the game too much for the same reasons. Just feels broken/unfinished! 

I have waited so long for a fix to start playing the game that its too late for me to ask a refund from the App Store as well now. 

Does not appear to me that there is any warning either on the App Store listing  now that the problem is known. 

Yeah same, it's functional but unplayable. They say it's top priority post-Christmas, so I'd expect it in the next release, which should be fairly soon.

8 hours ago, LazyWhippet said:

Yeah same, it's functional but unplayable. They say it's top priority post-Christmas, so I'd expect it in the next release, which should be fairly soon.

Next major update is usually the January transfer window update which would be very late feb early March I So hope it’s long before that 

Would be nice to get an update about the progress being made by the dev team. I’m still playing the game but would rather be using the full screen real estate.

Still refuse to play the game until it is in full screen. Other apps have adapted, I don’t know why FM is taking so much time.

This is beyond unacceptable now!

”Main priority”... I highly doubt that. It would be fixed and updated by now if so.

10 hours ago, McClane29 said:

Still refuse to play the game until it is in full screen. Other apps have adapted, I don’t know why FM is taking so much time.

This is beyond unacceptable now!

”Main priority”... I highly doubt that. It would be fixed and updated by now if so.

Main priority just means next release... but the question is when that next release will be.

12 hours ago, LazyWhippet said:

Main priority just means next release... but the question is when that next release will be.

I don’t find that good enough from SI.

We've all spent money on this game and are being punished for having a higher spec device.

12 hours ago, LazyWhippet said:

We've all spent money on this game and are being punished for having a higher spec device.

12 hours ago, McClane29 said:

It's a bit harsh to blame them for our choice of device. It's Apple that changes the screen ratios. New version on the way, let's see just how high of a priority this issue was!

19 minutes ago, LazyWhippet said:

It's a bit harsh to blame them for our choice of device. It's Apple that changes the screen ratios. New version on the way, let's see just how high of a priority this issue was!

I agree that it is down to ourselves and Apple for acquiring a new aspect ratio device.

However, SI seem to have been slow to react.

A new minor update is expected today for FMT today, so let’s see how much of a priority this issue was for them...

Hi all,

We have just released update 19.2.2 which will address the new iPad pro screen issue. 

Apologies that it has taken longer than we hoped but thank you for you patience throughout. 

If you could confirm that the issue is resolved your side. 

Cheers,
Adam 

The Home Bar (which annoyingly remains on screen, c’mon Apple) slightly blocks the match text commentary. Other than that loving it being full screen.

3 hours ago, Adam Bell said:

Hi all,

We have just released update 19.2.2 which will address the new iPad pro screen issue. 

Apologies that it has taken longer than we hoped but thank you for you patience throughout. 

If you could confirm that the issue is resolved your side. 

Cheers,
Adam 

Excellent! Thank you for correcting the aspect ratio!

Apologies for being quite negative in this topic. It's just been so frustrating having to wait so long, but I appreciate this being solved now.

I’m so happy this has been fixed! Look forward to my morning commute!

Please now fix the home bar 😂

Edited by LazyWhippet

This was not a straight forward fix I'm afraid, it required updating mid-version to a newer version of Apples tools which is always risky as they normally bring new issues we have to work around and test for, so we weren't dragging our heels I can ensure you.

Hi guys, 

just wanted to say thank you for fixing this. FMT feels so much better now on the 11 inch. The home bar doesnt bother me at all, I am just happy that black bars are history :)

18 hours ago, Joedw said:

The Home Bar (which annoyingly remains on screen, c’mon Apple) slightly blocks the match text commentary. Other than that loving it being full screen.

Hi @Joedw,

We discovered the home bar issue while testing the screen fix and passed it straight on to our dev team

They are now investigating the home bar issue further and we will update once we have any further information 

Cheers,

Declan

On 24/01/2019 at 13:26, Declan Holbem said:

Hi @Joedw,

We discovered the home bar issue while testing the screen fix and passed it straight on to our dev team

They are now investigating the home bar issue further and we will update once we have any further information 

Cheers,

Declan

Thanks for the response. I’m hoping Apple will allow devs to remove the Home Bar with iOS 13.

On 25/01/2019 at 15:25, Joedw said:

Thanks for the response. I’m hoping Apple will allow devs to remove the Home Bar with iOS 13.

It is removable in iOS 12.