Sports Interactive Community
frenchdog93

Is it time to delete interviews?

Following on from another thread...

Does anyone actually feel like they add anything to the game? It's been many years since I've bothered doing one. They're so repetitive, unrealistic and don't seem to impact anything. What are people's thoughts? 

Yes, they are all as you say above, but they also happen in real life and I suspect that real life Managers dislike them as well, but recognise that they are part of the job.  Delegate them to your Asst and that skips the hassle.

They do have some sort of influence on your players . Try storming out a few times and see what happens

Edited by prot651

They have an influence, but as in reality just a small one. It's part of the game, you have to deal with it. Delegate it to your AM if you want. Or gain the small advantage in team building if you are doing it properly. 

Maybe the above post is right. 

The main issue is that in their current form they're totally pointless. If they were altered to make more of an impact maybe they would be salvageable. But if SI can't work out a way of doing that soon then they should just be scrapped all together, its just dead weight atm.  

50 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Yes, they are all as you say above, but they also happen in real life and I suspect that real life Managers dislike them as well, but recognise that they are part of the job.  Delegate them to your Asst and that skips the hassle.

In real life the manager also has to drive to the training ground each day, some things just aren't needed. Media interactions sounded half promising when they were first launched but they are utterly monotonous even all these years later

4 minutes ago, Eoghan_M said:

In real life the manager also has to drive to the training ground each day, some things just aren't needed. Media interactions sounded half promising when they were first launched but they are utterly monotonous even all these years later

Now I want to drive to the training ground. I can fine all the players that overtake me in their Bentleys on the way.

6 hours ago, Eoghan_M said:

Exactly, I hate the "they happen in real life too, deal with it" argument. Watch a movie or book and days and weeks may pass and you don't need to see all the times people need to go to the bathroom.

They would be more meaningful and fun to do if they were fewer of them but had a little more impact.

Edited by Lanko

I enjoy them. Sure, they are a bit monotonous at times but the media is an important part of football, so you have to deal with it. I like to beat the AI in mind games, to criticize my side after a bad performance. To sing the praises of my players after a great result. Maybe they only have a small influence, but they do have an influence. I like the post above suggesting better feedback to show their impact. This is a very nice idea.

Anyway, as pointed out, if you do not like them you can just delegate them and pretend they are not there. It is not like they are showed in your face and you absolutely have to do them.

Just click on the 2nd answer..don't even read the questions and answers. Boring and totally irrelevant to the game.

I find them boring too, but I keep doing them myself. I even don't read the questions, just the first few words and quick look at the answers I know what to choose. 

Since I am the choosen ultimate special ONE (eat that Mourinho), I tend to do pressconferences and tunnel interviews around the big occassion or derby matches. All the small unsignificant matches can be chattered about by my ass manager (pun intended), as a learning experience , who one day hopes he will be like me but will never quite be, since there is only one choosen ultimate special manager: ME

Luckily I am just playing against AI. I bet you would all take much pleasure out of press conferences if you were in a network game with me. But not as much pleasure as I will have winning trophee after trophee and degrading you all. 

Muhahaha :hammer:

I've had them assigned to my Assistant since press conferecnes were first put in FM...

Says it all really. I'd prefer it if they were a bit more streamlined. I tried it agian at the sstart of my FM2019 save and there are just far too many questions.

Edited by Robioto

It doesn't matter what the feature is, a reductive "just delete it" comment is never, ever the correct answer.

25 minutes ago, forameuss said:

It doesn't matter what the feature is, a reductive "just delete it" comment is never, ever the correct answer.

Sometimes it is. The sweeper position was, rightly, deleted as it was archaic.

Whilst I don't think press interviews should be removed entirely, I'd be in favour of reducing them or making them 'opt in' on the screen if you want to say something rather than it prompting you to have to say something. 

Most people I see on here don't like the frequency of them so I'd like to think something will change over the next few years.

Just now, DP said:

Sometimes it is. The sweeper position was, rightly, deleted as it was archaic.

Whilst I don't think press interviews should be removed entirely, I'd be in favour of reducing them or making them 'opt in' on the screen if you want to say something rather than it prompting you to have to say something. 

Most people I see on here don't like the frequency of them so I'd like to think something will change over the next few years.

That's not an entire feature being removed though, it's not really the same thing.

I'd agree with most of the rest, but again that's not removing it.  The correct thing is always to fail forward, make changes rather than going backwards and removing something that likely wouldn't be that easy to remove anyway.

I'd say no, don't remove them. As Fraz said, they're part of football. Same as Press Conferences.

You play this game to be a football manager. Ask yourself why real life managers don't send their assistant off to do interviews. There have been occurances of this, I know, but generally the manager does the interviews.He has his say and the fans see his opinion of things. Fans want to see managers address things, not have him send someone else.

The real problem is that we're seeing the same old questions time after time, I guess. Thing is that's what real life managers see. I watch the AFC Bournemouth press conferneces and you see the same questions each week

31 minutes ago, Smurf said:

I know others will be more involved, but you aren't forced into being more involved, but you are forced into the press conferences. And perhaps the board and the chairman could be on your back a bit more for not being more involved in the training, coaching etc. as you could be, especially if the results aren't going the right way. 

Right now, I fell like i"m the Ronaldinho of football managers. Go for a kip in the gym and wake me up when the game is on.

I actually like the idea of the chairman being on our backs if we let our assistent manager do all the hard work for us. Perhaps it could become part of contract negotiation as well. Board demand: we want you to handle pressconferences since you are the main face to present this club. It would add to the immersion and add more value and weight to press conferences.

Also SI might want to consider a pre career game "switch off all interviews" just like "no transfer budget during first window" .

Edited by Mensell76

29 minutes ago, Smurf said:

I get that they are part of the real life 'job' as a manager... and you're right you can skip them by assigning the assistant manager, that's all I ever do anyway. 

Yet, there's many things withing a football managers remit that is not included in the game, like attending training sessions, or match prep with the coaching staff, praising during training, after training, analysing training stats, analysing last game, etc. 

None of that is really in FM - except in small parts and not forced on you like the press conferernces. And the press conferences don't really add anything to the game, no way are they enjoyable, like Tom Hanks in BIG said, where's the fun in playing with a building. 

At the end of the day it is Football Manager, and where there are obligations outlined by the FA to give press time, presumably as it adds to the revenue of the game and gives popularity, it's just not fun within a game. 

I'd certainly prefer more football related reality and put the minimum on press conferences, right now, I feel like it's the opposite way, the only real work you do is on the match days, once things are setup and running, you can typically tip along in the game without revising much else. 

The game then becomes a 'push spacebar' type of game to advance - while the assistant does all the work like attending press conferences, handling training etc. 

I know others will be more involved, but you aren't forced into being more involved, but you are forced into the press conferences. And perhaps the board and the chairman could be on your back a bit more for not being more involved in the training, coaching etc. as you could be, especially if the results aren't going the right way. 

Right now, I fell like i"m the Ronaldinho of football managers. Go for a kip in the gym and wake me up when the game is on.

But we do attend training, prep matches, praise training and analyse stats and games. That's completely different to interviews though. Until such time as FM decides to add training sessions you attend (in a form of a match perhaps) there's not really a way to simulate you being at training other than the current set up.

I'd argue with anyone who says the only work in this game is match day. I'm always looking at stats, scout reports, analyses of matches (both mine and opposition's). In between times I'll be checking training, tinkering with tactics, checking youth, etc etc.

Some might also argue the game is already a 'push spacebar' type of game. That is how you advance the game.

You're not forced in to press conferences and interviews. As has been said you can send your assistant.

By all means push for improvements, but the media side of FM should be a big part of the game, as it is in real life. Should we cut back on pre-season in the game, as I've seen people who rush through it?

10 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

I actually like the idea of the chairman being on our backs if we let our assistent manager do all the hard work for us. Perhaps it could become part of contract negotiation as well. Board demand: we want you to handle pressconferences since you are the main face to present this club. It would add to the immersion and add more value and weight to press conferences.

Also SI might want to consider a pre career game "switch off all interviews" just like "no transfer budget during first window" .

I like the first idea. I do feel it should harm your reputation to send someone else to interviews.

I'd also be more than happy to accept the second option. Choice is fine. I'd hate to see the media side of the game removed to counter grumbling, so I'm all for a compromise. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb pukfm:

(sorry my english)

Press conferencess has a lack of value and meaning - thats why (almost) no one use it !!

What I like to see in future releases is, how your answers in press conferences have a huge impact on your players, the fans, the board and such. After every press conference your assistent manager should give you some feedback on how your sorroundings react to your interviews - in that way the press conferences will have a BIG value and have a meaning. After a press conference your assistent manager should give you a feedback of these 4 factors for every press conference you give - like this: 

Players: 3 of your players got fired up after your latest press conference (Effect: morale boost)

Board: The board members didn't seems to react to your latest press conference (Effect: None)

Fans: Some of the fans seems to be happy for the answers you gave (Effect: fans relation to you have been slightly improved)

Media: The Medias reaction is harsh towards you, which you can see in the headlines (Effect: medias relation to you have been slightly disimproved)

I know that you are already able too see some of the press conference reactions in FM - but it could be lot better with some improvements - and if your assistent manager could get you an overview of all the reactions in one place (like a mail in your inbox), then it will be a big motivation to use Press conferences and interviews - the reason is, it will have a bigger value and meaning now to use it.

Totally agree. In addition to this, some kind of interconnection between players, board, fans and media would be also interesting - not for every single event, but for the purpose of an overview in the long run.

Players         Board       Fans       Media

Players                                                 

Board                                                                     x

Fans                                                                        y

Media                                   z

"The Medias reaction is harsh towards you, which you can see in the headlines"
x= Board members have the opinion the Media massively exaggerate. You should stay true to your line.
y= Most of the Fans do not like the way Media is mistreating you. In their point of view you could answer their questions more flippantly.
z= Media cannot understand why the Board members are staying calm. Their negative criticism will expand. Maybe the Board's opinion is changing when the Media also fires against them.

10 minutes ago, anagain said:

I'd say no, don't remove them. As Fraz said, they're part of football. Same as Press Conferences.

You play this game to be a football manager. Ask yourself why real life managers don't send their assistant off to do interviews. There have been occurances of this, I know, but generally the manager does the interviews.He has his say and the fans see his opinion of things. Fans want to see managers address things, not have him send someone else.

The real problem is that we're seeing the same old questions time after time, I guess. Thing is that's what real life managers see. I watch the AFC Bournemouth press conferneces and you see the same questions each week

Yes, but it's not a dredge on the manager to do this, except maybe Mourinho, they enjoy it and have free will to say what they want, or get narky with a stupid question, or give funny answers, or give non-sensical answers... etc. 

The freedom just isn't there, and it's not fun for a game to sit through a pile of yes/no/maybe answers to quibbly questions. It's not fun, and football manager has lost that sense of FUN while keeping realism in check of course. 

And managers only do it because if they don't do it they are in troubley with the FA. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/dec/09/sir-alex-ferguson-premier-league

Article 68.03

Each club must hold a pre-match press conference the day before the match. Each press conference must be attended by at least the head coach/manager of the team plus one or, preferably, two players. If their head coach/manager is suspended for the match, clubs have the option of replacing him at the pre-match press conference with the assistant coach. The two press conferences must be arranged by the two clubs and UEFA together, so that the media can attend both.

Press conferences must start between 12.00 and 20.00 local time. Exceptions to these timings must be agreed in advance with UEFA. Press conferences may be broadcast live regardless of location, and clubs must provide facilities for such live broadcasts, including cable routes and parking for TV vehicles.

I get why the FA do it - for increased interest in match build ups, increases revenue, advertising, etc., but seriously - it's a PR stunt and if managers didn't have to do it they wouldn't. 

I know it's part of the real game, but it's not fun for even for a simulation game. None of us are in practice to become a football manager, it's not a flight simulator.

I firmly believe that concentrations around club football, international level etc should be worked on and integrated more fully, rather than giving time to the press conferences.

Maybe SI can (or already) collect data from how many % of the savegames (that take longer than 6month to exclude test careers) have an assistant manager assigned for interviews.

If it's above a certain percentage they might just take the whole thing out instead of announcing each year "it's more meaningful and less repetitive".

11 minutes ago, anagain said:

But we do attend training, prep matches, praise training and analyse stats and games. That's completely different to interviews though. Until such time as FM decides to add training sessions you attend (in a form of a match perhaps) there's not really a way to simulate you being at training other than the current set up.

I'd argue with anyone who says the only work in this game is match day. I'm always looking at stats, scout reports, analyses of matches (both mine and opposition's). In between times I'll be checking training, tinkering with tactics, checking youth, etc etc.

Some might also argue the game is already a 'push spacebar' type of game. That is how you advance the game.

You're not forced in to press conferences and interviews. As has been said you can send your assistant.

By all means push for improvements, but the media side of FM should be a big part of the game, as it is in real life. Should we cut back on pre-season in the game, as I've seen people who rush through it?

OF course it's differnt, that's what I'm saying. I'd prefer more integration in these parts of the game, rather than how they are setup now. And yes, adding training sessions would be much more realistic to managing a club, or put it this way, much preferred over a press conference. There's no fun in press conferences. 

Training attendances could be broken down into attacking tactics, where you put 2 stikers up against 6 defenders and a goalie, or defensive tactics, putting 2 defenders against 2 wingers and a stiker, to hone those part of the skills. 

It could be preluded by a coaching meeting, suggesting you have a better chance in counter attacking, as the opposition plays a high line, so you would be prompted to put into training 2 fast wingers, and a striker to hone the counter attacking for the next game. 

Or, you might get info that parking the bus the next game would be preferred as the oppositon is too strong, so you can hone our 4 defenders and 2 DMs to tight formation at the back and put your 3 best attackers against them etc. 

There's loads youc an do with training and putting these things into the game would make it feel like you're more of a manager. The only time I see the players actually play is on match day. I'd like to see them play in training, encourage more flank attacks, or encourage them to hold the line and play offside more etc. and see that happening in training, working on different plays, over and over and then seeing them come to life in the match. 

6 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Maybe SI can (or already) collect data from how many % of the savegames (that take longer than 6month to exclude test careers) have an assistant manager assigned for interviews.

If it's above a certain percentage they might just take the whole thing out instead of announcing each year "it's more meaningful and less repetitive".

Feel fairly confident in saying they'll never do it, stats collection or not.

I don't think removing the press conference is right. as others have mentioned, media duties are part & parcel of a manager's job.

the problem with interviews in FM is  the lack of impact on anything in the game. This makes it tedious, repetitive and downright a useless feature now. In real life, press interviews are much looked forward to, and it has an impact on the squad, board and fans. Right now, this aspect is non-existant and thus can just be assigned to ast manager and there is no impact whatsoever.

It's quite obvious that SI has left improvement of interviews on the shelf focusing on other areas of the game. But I think FM is now polished enough, then SI revisit interviews and change how it's handled and impact on the game. It's now too stagnant and decaying aspect of the game.

Yes, wouldn't want it removed, but maybe an option to have it in the game, or you could have it for just Quarter- Semi-finals and Finals - as an option. Or the option to have them all the time. 

Would like to see some degree of preference applied, for those that don't use it or don't want to use it that often. 

I know the assistant can do it, and I'm not saying he can't still keep doing it - but that's slightly different to the proposed above. 

Perhaps have a preference when setting up the game for 'media interaction' and set to low, medium or high.

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

Feel fairly confident in saying they'll never do it, stats collection or not.

And they should not have to. However I do think reassessment of the media side in FM could prove helpful. Are pressconferences adding value to the immersion and sense of being an actual manager in its current state? If no, how can we add more dynamics and weight to it?

Some parts of football manager were added over the course of many fm iterations and now have the uncomplimentary function of just being there and adding negatively to the processing speed of the game.

I'd love to be a fly on the walls during one of @Miles Jacobsonstoryboard sessions when he discusses the status and customer value of the most important parts of FM. Improvements can certainly made i.m.o. Most important in that regard is: just because a certain duty (In this instance press conferences) is part of the weekly routine of real life managers it should not necessarily be added to OUR FM manegerial experience.

If a feature can not actually replicate real life in terms of dynamics or it having serious consequences for your managerial career, it might be best to introduce it just as an optional or unfrequent event in FM.

EDIT: since I am in a good mood some free suggestions in adding weight to press presentation of us managers:

- if non meaning or constantly offensive press conferences are given: chairman invites you for a board meeting adressing this issue and telling you to better represent the reputation of this club. Build in a three strikes you're out type of action-consequence

- just like the first but then in case you fail to attend a number of press conferences

- in the line of @leviathan1904 your mediapresence could lead to your squad losing faith in you which really results in sabotaging match effort

- your mediapresence can lead to the tabloids starting an offensive against you (Mourinho anyone?) and putting your board under pressure to fire you and also vice versa when results are bad , good relations with the press/fans due to your media présence could but you some more time

-How lovely it would be if you had a succesful season but your ass.manager did most of the dirty work that media will write short vicious articles on this and that your board when congratulating you will also add "although we recognise that huge part of the success is down to the hard work of your ass.manager and coaching staff" . See how that affects your sense of honour:D

- The answers and choices during press conferences need updating yes. But more important I like the press presence in the game, potentially starting a chain of events, to gain weight. I would love to read short tabloid stories on us, leading to fan and board pressure. 

Indeed as many have stated here already, it is all about letting (the lack of) media presence have consequences. That will help us start appreciating building up our media profile and be more careful with it.

Edited by Mensell76

I think my favourite 'interaction' was a manager who'd been in a charge of a club before I took over. He was appointed in the summer, with this club as runners-up in the top division, and was sacked in early December when they were bottom of the table.

I took over and won the title.

A couple of years later, a news item pops up. Lo and behold, this talentless buffoon had decided to comment on my 'lavish use of funds', saying that it was because of his frugal ways that I'd had any money to spend at all.

A quick look through my transfer history page confirmed that, yes, I'd run a surplus on transfer fees for my entire time at the club. Sadly, there wasn't the option to just laugh in the reporter's face.

Probably my favourite part of the media interaction is adding your own comment and seeing it come up in the media. 

Edited by Smurf

vor einer Stunde schrieb Smurf:

Yes, wouldn't want it removed, but maybe an option to have it in the game, or you could have it for just Quarter- Semi-finals and Finals - as an option. Or the option to have them all the time. 

Would like to see some degree of preference applied, for those that don't use it or don't want to use it that often. 

I know the assistant can do it, and I'm not saying he can't still keep doing it - but that's slightly different to the proposed above. 

Perhaps have a preference when setting up the game for 'media interaction' and set to low, medium or high.

Indeed, middle course between "do everything at any time yourself" and "delegate all to your assistant" could be a preference sheet (comparable to Notification Preferences in Scouting Centre) where you can preset and regulate:

a) how often you would like to attend press conferences etc. in general (for instance, just once a month and/or just before particular matches you can specify),
b) how many questions you are willing to answer,
c) what kind of topics you are interested in or not (for instance, club philosophy is not delivering any statement to transfer and contract rumours, so requests in that direction are always rejected; questions according to tactics and substitutions should be addressed to your assistant etc.).

fm19-scouting-centre-notification-prefer

That scouting screen looks horrendous! Is that what FM19 looks like??? Crikey!

Anyway - despite my reluctance to how the scouting screen works - yes a preference screen to say how much media interaction you want would be good. 

I'll have to launch the FM19 demo to delve more into this.

I'd also like to see the relationships you have with journalists actually mean something- ie if you keep no commenting or being aggressive with them then they might give less favourable coverage.

It makes zero difference as far as I can tell if a journalist is positive, negative or indifferent to you.

Interviews would be more interesting if they were not displayed just as text in the game, in this day and age is it not possible for journalists to do voice overs for the game?  For example John Cross from The Mirror attends all Arsenal press conferences in real life, so could get him to record audio for the game for Arsenal press conferences. Even better instead of just text in the game how about attending actual press conferences whereby you can see all journalists and you can directly talk to them? Is that even possible?

I really don't understand the hoohah with press conferences. They take about 10 seconds to go through and are not a regular occurrence at all. The game doesn't even force you to attend and allows you to send your assistant. I don't get the problem.

can't SI hire 5 new people that would only have the job of coming up with new questions & possible answers every year? i'm so confused, they've been the same questions for years. how can no one just write 10 ****** new questions? is it that hard?

It doesn't matter if any of you guys don't enjoy it

It is a football manager simulation game

Press Conferences adds depth and more things to do during a season when managing a team

Do not ever remove it, if you hate it... assign your assistant manager to do them

1 minute ago, kingking said:

It doesn't matter if any of you guys don't enjoy it

It is a football manager simulation game

Press Conferences adds depth and more things to do during a season when managing a team

Do not ever remove it, if you hate it... assign your assistant manager to do them

The point is, it might be a football management game, but, it's not fun.  We're not in training to become a football manger, it's not a flight simulator, or learning a skill.

Yes it's a sim game, but press conferences are forced by the FA as a marketing tool, and it can be reallly boring. 

wouldn't you prefer more things to do in the season besides answering mundane questions? Wouldn't you prefer to spend time watching your training, working on your tactics, preparing players for your matches in live 2d/3d match screens. Setting up attacking plays, defensive movements and seeing it coming to life in training and translating to your matches?

Basically, anything other than answering silly questions would be better. 

The press conferences are totally pointless. It adds nothing to the game, because they are not realistic. Always the same questions on the same moments. I totally ignore them and always say no comment. Maybe in the future when game engines are more advanced it will be interesting. But for now I would be very happy if it was removed. It is just annoying getting these same questions over and over again when a player is not happy. 

Edited by Nestarion

13 hours ago, Smurf said:

This x1000

See, I don't actually mind answering 5 questions in a row before a derby game (hell, it might even add to the buildup and make it actually feel slightly different from a regular game)  or when I'm announcing a new signing.

But giving the same answers to a similar set of questions every single week just isn't fun, and frankly feels more like bug testing the question logic than building relationships with journalists.

I mean, it's possible real managers get bored of press conferences, but at least they get to mix things up by asking journalists if they're ostriches, ranting about facts or proclaiming themselves the Special One. Whereas clicking a "storm out" box is the closest I can get to conveying the STOP ASKING ME ABOUT RELEGATION, YOU DICKHEAD, I'M TOP OF THE TABLE sense I generally feel.

I mean, I could delegate it to my assman, but I don't want him weirdly demotivating players or upsetting the board. First rule of Football Manager is never to trust your assman to do anything you can't override...

I think it would be good to be able to joined by players (captain, VC) during press conferences. I can see SI in the future making them perhaps using the 3D engine to make them visual too would be cool (though that would be a long way away and would prob be repetitive too)

Still on FM17 but had one last night that made me think of this thread.

My Brighton team grabbed a last minute equaliser v title rivals Man U. The post match press conference consisted of three questions- one whether I agreed with Liverpool putting a player on the transfer list and another about how pleased I was about a player out on loan playing well and if I was going to be recalling him (a question I get asked every few weeks for some reason).

Being control freaks it's hard for us to let go for fear of our AM messing up.

I've finally handed over the tactical briefing as that is clearly pointless, to hell with it, I'm handing over press conferences as well.

I'll invest as much time on press conferences as SI have over the last few years, basically zero.

Don't blame them, much rather they worked on training/ME etc.

As and when it's improved I'll take another look.

Edited by Mr U Rosler

On 07/11/2018 at 11:23, pukfm said:

(sorry my english)

Press conferencess has a lack of value and meaning - thats why (almost) no one use it !!

What I like to see in future releases is, how your answers in press conferences have a huge impact on your players, the fans, the board and such. After every press conference your assistent manager should give you some feedback on how your sorroundings react to your interviews - in that way the press conferences will have a BIG value and have a meaning. After a press conference your assistent manager should give you a feedback of these 4 factors for every press conference you give - like this: 

Players: 3 of your players got fired up after your latest press conference (Effect: morale boost)

Board: The board members didn't seems to react to your latest press conference (Effect: None)

Fans: Some of the fans seems to be happy for the answers you gave (Effect: fans relation to you have been slightly improved)

Media: The Medias reaction is harsh towards you, which you can see in the headlines (Effect: medias relation to you have been slightly disimproved)

I know that you are already able too see some of the press conference reactions in FM - but it could be lot better with some improvements - and if your assistent manager could get you an overview of all the reactions in one place (like a mail in your inbox), then it will be a big motivation to use Press conferences and interviews - the reason is, it will have a bigger value and meaning now to use it.

i really like the suggestion that there be more feedback and consequences for your responses!

right now, i can say anything and there's no real lasting consequences.  player might be happy/unhappy but just for a couple of days and then nothing.  board never seems to get involved.  fans never have an impact.  and a journalist may hate me but s/he never writes a spiteful article that affects my job or gives me an option to ban them from attending further media events at my club

really want to see your answers come back and affect you (for better or worse) further down the season

...also want to see journalist stop demanding i give a proper answer when i say "No comment" twice to the same question.  those are the only instances where i storm out and internally take the name of that journalist and never again answer their questions

@Neil Brock With regard to new features for FM2019 could you be so kind to review this thread. There is actually quite a bit of excellent feedback and idea's in here by some of us that could help SI create a much more immersive press presentation in FM. It is basically all about realising more action-consequence regarding press performance. Make press presence part of contract negotiations, of evaluations with the board, let poor press presence result in smear campaigns by media, let it tarnish our reputation. I would love to see more tabloit journalism (mean articles and editorials) that can put pressure on us, the players, the board incorparated as well.

2 hours ago, Mensell76 said:

let poor press presence result in smear campaigns by media, let it tarnish our reputation.

The seethe on here would be glorious if that was ever implemented. On that basis, I'm sold. 

Increasing the affect of attending/delgating and the choice of answers in press conferences, without first making the whole module more relevant and dynamic, is literally the worst idea on this forum. 

@Mensell76 you made some good points on the post beta ME and youve undone it all now with this crazy bs :lol:

In its current state i will never attend a press conference... A monkey with a typewriter would come up with more logical questions and im sure less repetitive too. So to be punished for sending my assistant would be maddening. 

Long term, scrap it or by all means improve it (massively) then integrate it more. 

Think of those Japanese tech companies who have spent billons over the last few decades and cant even come up with a computer program that can make you think you are talking to a human... Thats their sole focus with the best paid devs in the world. Fm isnt going to get anywhere near replicating a real life media experience with all the possible querks of man, nor will it get close on the social media front. 

Under the hood they are always going to be constrained to presetting how a comment will be perceived... So the question responses will be attributes 'medresp1', 'medresp2'... Up to x amount of response types... And each attribute will have x number of attribute values (the text appearing as answer) but the impact is identical each time. Like someone said above... Always click the second option [your preferred method of answering]