Aston Villa - Season 2

Jerry Paylor

The squad the game starts with should be good for a mid table premiership finish, may need a replacement striker for Abraham if you didn't get him on permanent transfer and Davis didn't get enough game time to develop. Green coming back off loan gives you your replacement winger. If you were going to target one position get a top drawer centre back, as Tuanzebe isn't really worth signing again. 

Some of the better players are loan signings. Bolasie, Tuanzebe, Abraham, the RW winger fellow from Lille. I proactively signed some good bargains in Jan and started playing and developing them instead of the loanees to avoid the absolute void once the loans end.

Winning the Championship was absolutely comfortable though.

19 hours ago, LordKaivalya said:

Any CB suggestions?

No, that's what I need advice for. Chester has made his mind up to leave - so no point keeping him. With the loanee CVB leaving as well I am really in a mess.

I need a new RB and the LB aint up to much  -  so a complete defence - yay!!

Hourihane has decided he can get a better contract elsewhere so looking for a skipper and a replacement.

Oh ye - and a striker of course.

Have my scouts going everywhere - but no-one wants to join Villa.

I have an additional question - when I 'Start up' a new game I only select the english leagues. Is this why I cannot find all the players I know exist? Should I be activating German, French, Italian, etc leagues?

On 08/11/2018 at 12:54, LordKaivalya said:

Any CB suggestions?

During the Beta in my first season I sold Hourihane and Adomah and used them to bullk up my defensive line (I played a back 3/5 so I was desperate for young, quality players)

Boubacar Kamara from OM I got for ~£7.5m and Diogo Verdasca for £2.3m. Both were great over my first season in the Champ and developed really well.

When I got to the Prem I bought John Souttar from Hearts for £15m and I was thinking of Slowly retraining Mitch Clark into a Ball Playing Centerback as well.

Clark.png

Kamara.png

Souttar.png

Verdasca.png

CB - Souttar for sure, Tuanzebe is excellent tbh. Also Dael Fry and Chris Mepham 

Full backs - Norwich have a couple good young ones. Also maybe Nyambe, Walker-Peters, Rico Henry. Liverpool usually release Moreno. Darmian too.

SC - Fiete ARP - also check Vagnoman from the same club as full back. Abraham is good IMO. James Wilson should be available on a free. Origi?

check the transfer and loan lists there’s always enough bargains to be had 

I'm in my 4th season with Villa, Currently 1st in the Prem (18 games gone) and just qualified top of my Champions League group;

Nyland is still my main GK and has been decent each season.

Chester was really good for 3 seasons, but I have just sold him on after replacing him with younger models.

Bree is my main RB and has only been getting better.

Hourihane is the one CM I kept, even with his age he seem to get better each season. This could be his last. McGinn is also very good but I preferred hourihane so sold McGinn on to Burnley where he is putting in average performances.

Grealish of course is good but go sold from under me by my board to Chelsea who then used his sparsely then loaned him out and eventually sold him also to Burnley for around £15million.

9 hours ago, jim owen said:

Why do you need a new RB with Bree being there?

James Bree just didn't kick on in my save and never looked like he'd be useful in the PL. Signed Almamy Toure in the second summer for just 9m from under Bayern and PSG's noses, so that position is settled. Also wolves let Iorfa leave on a free who's a great back up/home grown player.

Archived