Bahia 10
Brasiliense 12
Ceara 6
Espirito Santo 10
Gaucho 12
Goias 2x 6
Maranhao 8
Grosso Do Sul 2x 5
Mazto Grosso, (I'm sure I had an Italian real player play for me in FM back in the days called Matteo Grosso. He was a both-sided full-back who was amazing). Fabio Grosso! That was him. 8
Minas 12
Para 2x 5
Paraiba 2x 5
Parana 2x 6
Pernambuco. Here we go! Santa Cruz rings a bell but I'm not 100% sure. 10

Plaui 6
Potiguar 8
Rio 2x 6
Rondonia 8
Roraima 6
Santa Catarina 10
Sau Paulo 16
Sergipe 2x 5
Tocantins 8

The league with the most opponents, (doesn't actually mean most games but let's just go with that), is......... Oh hang on, some of the numbers above are for the 2nd stages. Some of them go from 1 league to another league and others go from a League to a Cup. :lol:

Sau Paulo would be the team that play the most games, (at the 1st stage at least). 

Decisions decisions decisions. 

Don't forget there's also the Copa Verde & Copa Noroeste or whatever it's called, I would wait until early May the season after Brazil is loaded so then you can use the player search function to see which players have played the most games and then go for one of those teams!

1 hour ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Don't forget there's also the Copa Verde & Copa Noroeste or whatever it's called, I would wait until early May the season after Brazil is loaded so then you can use the player search function to see which players have played the most games and then go for one of those teams!

Good shout. 

To be honest though, this part of the save will really just be scouting the lay of the land for FM20.

A good time to go? Apr 2045.

40cdcfe0242ec927cf66fe92f9650fe8.png

We've failed to win in 6 games, we crashed out of the French Cup and Barca have just smashed 6 past us in the Champions League Quarter-Final. 

2fe17cc16bcc5f54b059bae96aa9cb57.png

ba9e588494ee2f48f46e90d0001b07c1.png

aa29a1693c7016f2b48fb7a42ad9cd75.png

We've done ok, and I leave the club in a great position, but I need a fresh challenge. 

277b36ab6d35192c29ec90767e341958.png

4f0acd256cf49b32c2a5ab71cc3046ad.png

ccdda21d88a17061bfb46901288b1fcd.png

eb0bf213ff8d36c700ae259b677e34dc.png

120f68b8dba5af15b442e320df5ab9f9.png

49ce371094f59b7d50365090292cdf8d.png

96da264993c97949a0421016eae09e1d.png

36b60c795ef5c4f93d9e84f3e6304115.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

So is this the end of this save or will you move elsewhere :( 

If it is the first one, I've really enjoyed your journey and good luck with your next save

If you are moving elsewhere, what kind of rules are you going to stick to? 

6 hours ago, dap1987 said:

So is this the end of this save or will you move elsewhere :( 

If it is the first one, I've really enjoyed your journey and good luck with your next save

If you are moving elsewhere, what kind of rules are you going to stick to? 

Say it ain't so

Sliding Doors. Dec 2045.

After resigning, I have holidayed for most of the rest of the year and now find myself in Dec 2045, unemployed and unsure of my next step, except that it is into Brazil and that it will be a side in the 3rd tier that I take over. 

I'm starting to think that I have maybe been a bit rash. I see questions in the thread such as those from @dap1987and I'm not really sure what the answer is. Bad news for @Bobby_Zamorathough. I certainly won't be taking over at Atletico Mineiro

I'm not going to be starting a new save and will just see where this one leads. The main aim of this part of the save is that I scout the lay of the land ahead of FM20, (I have almost decided that Brazil will be my destination for FM20), so that I know what to expect and so that I am a little more informed in choosing both my team and the self-imposed rules of the save. Basically I'm looking for inspiration. 

Will it be Youth Only? No idea. But it will definitely be youth based, (not the same thing at all).
Will I be signing players? I'm not sure at this stage. I think I probably will be, but I think that there will be some sort of restriction. (Possibly able to sign players who are home grown in my own State or something like that). 
I expect the style of the updates to continue in the same vein, (long and boring). :lol:
What I would say is that if I hate Brazil and nothing else grabs me, don't be surprised at all to see me look to take over at Bayonne again. 

1a34d7291c04c7983136b95f3169dd1e.png

I think now the plan is to see which State plays the most games in their Championship, see who has the best facilities, (or just some cool names or something unique about them), at that level, and start pressing continue again. 

Rio Branco played 18 State Championship games in winning the Acre State Final, so that's the starting point and 18 is the number of games to beat.

Or...... I could just take over 1 of the promoted teams and see how that goes? I think I've got "add players to playable teams" ticked....... :brock:

10 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Rio Branco played 18 State Championship games in winning the Acre State Final, so that's the starting point and 18 is the number of games to beat.

Or...... I could just take over 1 of the promoted teams and see how that goes? I think I've got "add players to playable teams" ticked....... :brock:

But I still want to know which region I want my team to be from. 

The Acre State Championship was won by Rio Branco (AC) who played 18 games. Rio Branco are only in the Third Division though, (although they have just been promoted), so a promoted team from this State might be fun. *****

The Alagoas State Championship was won by CRB who played 11 games

The Ampa State Championship is another which was won by a team who don't play in a competitive structure. Would love to get a team from here promoted to playable though. 12 games played

The Amazonas State Championship was won by Nacional FC (AM) who played 18 games without conceding a goal in doing so, and also played in something called the Copa Verde. No idea what that is yet. It makes sense that the best teams in this area are non-playable I think as the name suggests it's largely Amazonian rain-Forest. 

The Bahia State Championship was won by Vitoria who played 13 games in doing so. Interestingly they won the final by virtue of....... Not sure exactly. Ehat could H mean. Home? Hat? 

69c60dfbc2f86ea94fd592031a92fbd9.png

Ahhhh. All becomes clear. That's a rubbish rule though. 

bc4141b0fcd118d35b4272d8aed9e493.png

The Brasiliense State Championship is another which was won by a team who don't play in a competitive structure. Would love to get a team from here promoted to playable though. 17 games played

The Ceara State Championship was won by Fortaleza with 18 games. Interestingly they played in the Second Division and only finished 13th, so this State isn't exactly a hotbed of football. Might be worth keeping an eye on teams promoted from this state. ******

The Espirito Santo State Championship was won by Desportiva with 18 games played. They are another team who don't play in a competitive structure. Would love to get a team from here promoted to playable though.

The Gaucho State Championship was won by giants Internacional with 17 games

The Goias State Championship was won by Atletico  Goianiense with 14 games

The Maranhao State Championship was won by Sampaio Corrêawith just 11 games. 

The Mato Grosso do Sul State Championship was won by another team who don't play in a competitive structure. Would love to get a team from here promoted to playable though.

The Mato Grosso State Championship was won by Cuiabá with 15 games

The Minas State Championship were won by Atlético Mineiro which I'm sure will make @Bobby_Zamorahappy. They played 16 games in the process. In less good news. they are 8th in the First Division and with 1 game to play can't move up or down even 1 place. In better news however, they got to the Semi-Final of the Copa Sudamericana, before losing to Banfield of Argentina. They lost to eventual winners Gremio in the Qtr Finals of the Brazilian Cup. They also got to the Qtr-Finals of something called the South-Minas-Rio, (never even heard of that). As well as them being the favourite team of Bobby, they have a player called Jocemar. I know it's spelt differently, by the 1st Brazilian I remember REALLY liking was Josimar back in the day. I know it's spelt differently but I didn't know how to spell Josimar without looking it up. 

The Para State Championship was won by Paysandu playing 14 games without conceding a goal. I'm almost positive that I have read someone else managing Paysandu and I think it was probably for they State Championship dominance that they were picked. I want to do something like this, but not with the same club that someone else has used. 

The Paraíba State Championship  was won by Treze with 16 games. They play in the Third Division so I would happily take over a club from this State. It would create some initial rivalry. 

Parana Clube won the Parana State Championship with 17 games
Sport Club do recife won the Pernambuco State Championship with 13 games played, (so although that's the only State Championship I have managed in before, I don't think I will be doing so again). 
The Plaui State Championship seems to be a strange one. The teams here don't play in competitive leagues so I'm guessing that this is a very remote state, but knowing very little, (and by very little I mean absolutely nothing), about Brazilian Geography, I can't really comment more. Would love to get a team from here promoted to playable. There would be some enormous scores in the State Championship as the save progressed. 14 games played. 

I'm not keen on the Potiguar State Championship because it just looks like it's 2 different league stages with the winner just being whoever is top of the 2nd League stage. 14 games played anyway isn't enough to interest me. 

The Rio State Championship was won by Botafogo who played 14 games in doing so. 

The Rondonia State Championship was another which was won by a team who don't play in a competitive structure. Would love to get a team from here promoted to playable though. 18 games played. 

The Roraima State Championship is another which was won by a team who don't play in a competitive structure. Would love to get a team from here promoted to playable though. 18 games played. 15 games played

The Santa Catarina State Championship was won by none other than our old friends Chapecoense who played 19 games in doing so. They also played 16 games in the Copa Libertadores, 0 games in the Copa Sudamericana, (I've got to admit that until right now I thought these 2 competitions were one and the same but I guess this is what this part of the save is all about), then there was a competiton called the Recoba, (but there were no games in that.... oh, I have just looked and this was played between a Brazilian and an Argentinian side. Maybe it's like a South Americal Super-Cup Final?), 38 games in the First Division, (they have 1 game left to play), if they had won the Brazilian Cup then that's another 14 games, (Gremio won this season), and then there is something called the South-Minas Rio which would be another 6 games. No idea what this is. 

The Sao Paulo State Championship was won by Palmeiras who played 18 games. They lost only 2 of 62 games all season and have just 1 to play. 

The Sergipe State Championship is another which was won by a team who don't play in a competitive structure. Would love to get a team from here promoted to playable though. 16 games played

The Tocantins State Championship is another which was won by a team who don't play in a competitive structure. Would love to get a team from here promoted to playable though. 14 games played

Now I'm going to progress a little further forward to see who gets promoted and where they are from and then see who wants me. 

Questions. Dec 2045

What is the Brazilian pyramid like? I know that there is the First Division and then the Second Division and then the Third Division is split into 2, but not sure of it's North/South, East/West or something else. What happens below the Third Division? 

What's the difference between the Copa Sudamericana and the Copa Libertadores? I've got to admit that I thought they were one and the same until this morning. 

What is the Recoba? (or is it the Recoda?)

What is the South-Minas-Rio? (and are there any more like it?)

3 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Questions. Dec 2045

What is the Brazilian pyramid like? I know that there is the First Division and then the Second Division and then the Third Division is split into 2, but not sure of it's North/South, East/West or something else. What happens below the Third Division? 

What's the difference between the Copa Sudamericana and the Copa Libertadores? I've got to admit that I thought they were one and the same until this morning. 

What is the Recoba? (or is it the Recoda?)

What is the South-Minas-Rio? (and are there any more like it?)

The Santa Catarina would be your best bet for most games played (although one of the lesser state championships where you'd have to wait for a club to get promoted might be best if you wanted to attempt the 1000 goal challenge.

It looks like the Third Division is very loosely split into an East/West divide.

The Copa Libertadores is the South American Champions League whilst the Sudamericana is the equivalent of the Europa League and the Recopa is the South American Super Cup where the winner of the Libertadores faces the winner of the Sudamericana.

The South-Minas-Rio is one of the regional Brazilian Cups, there are a couple but the Copa Nordeste (I can't remember the spelling) being one of the other ones.

10 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

The Santa Catarina would be your best bet for most games played (although one of the lesser state championships where you'd have to wait for a club to get promoted might be best if you wanted to attempt the 1000 goal challenge.

It looks like the Third Division is very loosely split into an East/West divide.

The Copa Libertadores is the South American Champions League whilst the Sudamericana is the equivalent of the Europa League and the Recopa is the South American Super Cup where the winner of the Libertadores faces the winner of the Sudamericana.

The South-Minas-Rio is one of the regional Brazilian Cups, there are a couple but the Copa Nordeste (I can't remember the spelling) being one of the other ones.

Thanks, and thanks also to someone else who replied with similar info but deleted it because @Makoto Nakamurahad beaten them to it. :thup:

A new chapter. Jan 2046.

This is how the Third Division finished. 

P is promoted. 
Q is qualified, (not sure what for exactly but I assume some sort of Playoff). 
R is for relegated. 
C is for Champions. 

02a5684790830f8d5137817adc72c859.png

So I will be attempting to take over one of these clubs. There are 4 promoted teams so let's see if I can find out who they are and where they are. 

4e1c675f8f89bc867bdbe76482c2c76f.png

Group A.

Americana (RN) finished 8th in Group A last season. 
ASA have been promoted from Alagoas State. (There are only 11 games in that Championship so not overly keen). 
Atletico Acreano have been promoted from Acre State. (There are 18 games in the Acre State Championship and it was won by Rio Branco last season who were Runners Up in Group A last season and promoted. I think I might have found my team. 

There is no reason to look further. This is us. :cool: (I'm just going to go and look to make sure that they have a full squad of players 1st). 

Ok.... so they only have 19 players across all 3 squads. It's not what I was hoping for. 

Well actually, Americana (RN) only have 24 players so it's not as bad as it looks. I think I might just go for that and see what happens. I haven't really decided that I won't be buying players, (but didn't really want to if I could help it), so let's just see how this goes. 

919bcf252fe45c3ec2e9af70ea0065cb.png

Knowing my luck I won't get the job. :lol:

Questions need Answers. Jan 2046.

Wasn't expected to be asked ab out this. 

010f8d2b9149491b642df59a1ba94184.png

I don't do "Media", but I want this job, but I've also already said I'm not a sell-out. Not sure how to answer here. It's got to be the 2nd option even though I might regret it. It's the truth. 

5b60b7d5dadba0287a2927e26edbf6c3.png

This isn't ideal, but at least there is something to work with in terms of "Sign young players". I think I will ask for "Sign young players" to be added, and wait until I have my feet under the table before I hit them with "Develop players using the Clubs youth system". The reality is that the facilities aren't great so I will probably have to sign players anyway. "Develop Players" is probably a longer term plan so I don't think I'm selling out by not mentioning it right now. 

1aee2fae9004d8351ccc5ed925e9d4ca.png

That didn't go as well as I might have hoped for, (largely down to my lack of media savvy), but I've got to be a shoe-in for the job haven't I? :stop:

I'm Blind. Jan 2046

We don't have an Ass Man. 

What do I see here? 

Some cool names,.
A Giant GK.
A Spaniard. 
Mainly decent (Det) levels.
Not much in central midfield. 
Not much at centre half. 
1 injury. (7 weeks - 3months hip injury).
6 teenagers.

1562217bf01d65c3f612e512f626e932.png

How old do you have to be to play competitive games in Brazil? 

Acre State Championship.

There doesn't seem to be a minimum age requirement, but I can only have 5 youth contracts in a match squad.  

9484b617ae2582a2a49c41322b7d51a1.png 

Brazilian Cup 1st Round

Again, no minimum age criteria. Just limited to 5 youth players in a match squad. 

2a23603c214966fc7e5496c4ca79d279.png

Copa Verde

It's the same here. 

ec3f1edd4b97baf6a7146a655823330e.png

Third Division

And it's the same in the league too. So that's good, and now I know where we stand. 
I didn't realise we could have 12 subs, so that's 23 players in a match squad. :eek:
I didn't know that there was a link between Brazil and Haiti. 
A max. of 5 foreign players sounds good. 
A Max number of 35 players in a squad. (That's not good. That's not good at all. I will need to adapt the way I play). 
I'm loving the specific Disciplinary rules. There are levels of striking another player and assaulting a ref happens often enough that there is a specific punishment for it. :lol:

86153aaaf5f086693ac9d53457eadbb5.png
d48ddf07b442d6521a7316b0927c9e41.png

Now I just need El Presidente to sort me out an Ass Man and we are all systems go. 

Expectations. Jan 2046

25b152c4656b30a387aa92815c8c6bc1.png

Finances.

ff42aa5e8dcbdde4507971154fbba228.png

Facilities

22e69a6c1f59745a5096be3a7a08b1e8.png

Stadium

There are 15 (FIFTEEN) teams that play here. 

85bede6ed600b496ccc106396aee3e55.png

Fixtures

The reserves don't have any fixtures, but the U20's do. 

Pre-Season

56e60b8e9a3474257142b32afb39234d.png

Acre State

c2ae3e4a110b0a9dac366a93f78aed10.png

Brazilian Cup. (Well we won't be winning that game!)

64050c5175967fb1d3a383f56b7cd20a.png

Copa Verde

1ef3314584d4ae7b4f6a982818780b5b.png

Third Division.

64bacd146db933281dbb0243b76cb2ff.png

U20 Acre State

2f3c1a690eb38ae9cb1d0b0fa6cfd268.png
61c6d5b701a815178793d1a36d7adc6d.png

Got 99 problems and an Ass Man is one. Jan 2046.

So our 1st competitive game is upon us and it would seem that for the 1st time in a LONG time I actually have to select the squad myself with absolutely no input from anyone else. :lol:

• We've got 2 GK's and the Giant isn't 1st choice. 
  • We've got no left back, (but we have a right back who can play left back and a 2nd right back. 
  • We're poor at centre-half. 
  • We're poor in the middle of the pitch. 
  • We've not got much up front. 

Opening game

A win, a clean sheet, some kids playing, a GK scoring. We might be on a different continent, but it's really business as usual. 

23e754781a7c1577c6d465f96bd4e34b.png

Opening goal

If you could bet who would score the opening goal of my tenure, you wouldn't have got very good odds on a GK opening our account. :lol:

b138a08d44779d584ebfaaebf0ed217b.gif

Jan 2046.

I wasn't in charge for the 2 friendlies, but I was in charge for the Andira game. 

I have actually played these games rather than using the IR button. I want to get a feel for the team 1st. 

We are really short on numbers. REALLY short. 

614056e77136d2d2143f3229e68fb9e5.png

What a start. :eek:

We are still on 100% largely thanks to our only signing Luis Eduardo scoring 9 minutes into his debut to grab us the win against Rio Branco (AC). To put things in perspective, they were the champions last season, however it should be mentioned that we were the only team to beat them, (in the league), and we made the final last season too. We are doing better than last season, but not hugely so. We desperately need more depth. 

22bc4f727f56866add2eb0bdbabc8552.png

I've got to admit, I know we have started well, but I'm struggling without an Ass Man. 

I gave El Presidente the job of finding staff, but all he did was bring in a rubbish DoF. 

Now I've given the DoF the job of finding me an Ass Man and other staff. 

I can cope without scouts, but I can't cope without an Ass Man. 

[Edit]

At the moment I'm having to holiday the days when we have an U20 game because not only do we not have an U20 Manager, but we don't have an Ass Man I can delegate the role to, but we also don't have any U20 players because all the U20 players are playing in the Senior squad. This is hard work at the moment. 

I should also add that we are not doing as well as you might think because we were the 2nd best team in the State last season. This season we are the top team in the state, (at the moment). 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

23 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Nice start. I know your concerns about depth, can be a nightmare - especially when there players your scouts find are just not up to the job.

El Presidente has tried to make a few signings but the first 2 were 30+ and the wages were big and I felt blind with no scout report and no nothing so I just veto'd it. I agreed to 1 centre-back in on loan and 1 right winger.

The right winger, (Luis Eduardo) scored the winner against Rio Branco (AC) 9 minutes after coming on for his debut and then grabbed 2 assists before being rested at HT in his 2nd game. 

b2808007b119901bbae0ee464d5a01df.png

d71eb580c988b0f38c1416ecb6d31bd4.png

The centre-half scored on his debut last week, but we also conceded 2 goals for the 1st time so not completely sure on him yet. 

c1883d3b6daa7f727e5505c689135f68.png

ecfc0a3393a878ea3560a859e72b2f98.png

I'm mindful that I don't know the league yet so I don't know much about the finances at all and I certainly don't know the value of a player as a saleable asset. 

The minimum fee release clauses for my players are in the millions, (which is ridiculous!), but I'm using everything possible to try and judge my players while I don't have an Ass Man. 

f65c575ede1fbd188e74a529cba86334.png

What does the above graphic mean? I honestly don't know. Is Bruno Pastro going to be a World-Beater? No, probably not. But is he going to be better than the other players we have? Yes I think he probably is. 

I don't particularly like Bruno Pastro by the way. (He's an AMC and I'm not playing him there). 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

2 minutes ago, dap1987 said:

Happy to see you carry on, I've never managed in South America and been playing FM for 15+ years!  Good luck and hopefully you can bring the same success to Brazil!

Thanks. I mentioned that I have managed there before, but I only did so as part of a challenge when I think we were probably playing CM rather than FM, (it was that long ago), and what I remember was that the game was full of headbutts and uppercuts back then and I had never seen anything like it. Even then, I still only managed whoever it was for a single season. 

Protest? Feb 2046.

82f4dce47b4d0c761af04acf2a4e832e.png

Now first of all I don't want to protest just for the hell of it, because lets be honest I have no idea how good this bloke is. I can't even get an Ass Man's opinion on his PA. I am literally blind. 

The other thing is that I have just signed a bloke on a free who is younger and better. 

Peter is 26. 
Luis Eduardo is 24. 

Is the money needed? No, probably not if I'm honest, but we've been her for such little time that it's hard to tell. 

8849f1378d3377095a5ee65abb15ccff.png

Is the player any good? Well he's not rubbish, but he's on £1,000 per week which is more than double what Luis Eduardo is on, so in terms of wages we can go out and replace him with 2 decent players I think. Is this a transfer I like? No. Is this a transfer I want to protest? No, not really. I think we just have to accept it until we get an Ass Man and move on. 

fd2fc20cba3c31017d5c8a0c49464cfc.png

Feb 2046.

70bedd59fba080895ce6f9430ccc7974.png

Now just hang on a minute. 

I know we have just gone the opening 2 months of the season unbeaten, but you have to remember that this is the Micky Mouse Cup and you also have to remember that I went to quite extensive lengths picking which State I was going to play in. So the fact that we are smashing everyone, while being so poor ourselves is not actually a surprise. 

That being said, while it is not a surprise that we are beating all of these nobodies, it is a HUGE bloomin surprise that we were able to draw away to BotaFlippinFogo. You can dress that one up however you want it, but that is a FANTASTIC result and I am disgusted and outraged with Brazilian football, (as I was before I started playing the save to be fair), that when there is a draw in the National Cup competition, the higher ranked team goes through. SHAME ON YOU BRAZIL! :mad:

8edbe2907d9bc7dc4fd6075a3576a307.png

Goal-scoring GK Terra scored 3 goals this month, (as well as keeping 4 clean sheets), bringing his total for the season to 4. (He also had a penalty saved). 

51ade636fd7acefaa70e60522f9795b2.gif

58a518ea1c0b32f2768d5b60b4007d87.gif

60c58c216f7b4e33622fd272335f36c5.gif

I'm having to holiday days when we have either a reserve fixture or an U20 fixture because we don't have the players to fulfill the fixtures and they don't seem to want to let me pick grey players. 

It's fine for the moment because..... who cares, but I will care the first time I have a Senior game on the same day as a Reserve or U20 game and have to go on holiday. :mad:

Apr 2046.

f2a4b13b27d22193be56b9631aa003d9.png

The games keep coming thick and fast, but we just keep winning. I have no idea what is going on. :lol:

3b0694f8551d4c8ef0a7874c88249bef.png

Goal-scoring GK Terra scored 3 more goals this month bringing his total to 7 goals in 18 games. :lol: (We haven't even played a league game yet). 

e2de9725c567f7d71001a5432002dc41.gif

b6163f41a305760a8d6c4ccb2849dfb7.gif

3e7364f9fa6c06f74d3e22f88f46c36b.gif

It has to be a bug that you can't find an assistant manager. Can you at the very least offer a coach the job?

That  being said, based on your results, it does look like you don't need one.

Edited by kidthekid

1 minute ago, kidthekid said:

It has to be a bug that you can't find an assistant manager. Can you at the very least offer a coach the job?

That  being said, based on your results, it does look like you don't need one.

I think it is something to do with the fact that that I have only recently activated the structure. 

There are loads of un-managed clubs and there seem to be very few staff. I'm hoping that things will change over time. 

Manager vacancies.

744df0341c82ce8dca43374038253a50.png

Ass Man vacancies.

4856b369b9df015e290e5ae0691661c4.png
a348135b7387c410e19dee51550d7b4e.png

Staff search list.

b2696ea2bbc3f7addf6145222215735b.png