Sports Interactive Community
abulezz

[FM19] Kafra FC - 2019 Edition (Youth Only in England)

Again, a great update. Really like the influx of talent the last two intakes. Its quite annoying that i also get mostly strikers as the standout players in my intake. I would love to get a good Fullback or defensive mid.

Great start to the new season! Lets bring it home!

20 hours ago, Torminator said:

Again, a great update. Really like the influx of talent the last two intakes. Its quite annoying that i also get mostly strikers as the standout players in my intake. I would love to get a good Fullback or defensive mid.

Great start to the new season! Lets bring it home!

Thanks! The talent coming in from the Kafra Youth Academy has definitely improved, but yes, I really don't need any more strikers! I could really go for a great CM at this point.

This has been a genuinely enjoyable season - we are moving up the leagues faster than any save I have had before.  League 2 has always been an annoying one, so I am glad to be moving up!

itqHaa.jpg

SEASON REVIEW 2023/2024

TEAM REVIEW

I am loving this save so far – it only took us three years in the dreadful League 2 to get promoted, and it was a pretty comfortable promotion at that.  We earned the automatic promotion spot on the strength of our offense and the relative reliability of our improving defense, and despite the board best efforts to sabotage our season by selling our most talented striker and best prospect in the middle of the season, the team kept it together and did not miss a beat.  Our defense kept it together to become the 12th best in the league, which in turn allowed our offense (3rd best in the league) to win games for us.  Hodges was once again fantastic for us, and we had a couple of youngsters really step and deliver good seasons for us unexpectedly. 

Unfortunately, the board made zero investments this season despite our finances maintaining a healthy amount above the red, so no improvements in any of our facilities for next season. 

GE8ENB.jpg

bg1GTP.jpg

MIIbP5.jpg

x6Wcl3.jpg

KEY PLAYERS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Lewis Hodges (2018), 22 Years Old, Striker:  When the board sold Kyle Connolly, I was gutted, but just like a true friend, Hodges told me not to worry about it and stuck it out with us.  He made sure we did not feel Connolly’s absence whatsoever, and in turn, helped catapult us to the into an automatic promotion spot.  In 45 Appearances, he led the league with 28 Goals, 9 PoMs, 64% Shot Target, and 7.29 AR – he was also tied for second with 14 Assists.  Obviously, he was named our Kafra Player of the Year 5th time, and was also named the League 2 Player of the Year – in every league we have played in thus far, he has been named its player of the year at one point.  It is safe to say that the captain is now a bonafide legend of the club, and even though he keeps making noise about wanting to leave, with our new promotion, my hope is that we will be able to convince him to spend the rest of his career at Kafra.  Rating: 9/10

DEFENSE

Benjamin Olisema (2019), 20 Years Old, Central Defender:  The Nigerian was easily our best defender this year, and along with GK Rhys Lalite, the main reason why our defense as a whole was 12th best in the league.  Let us look at the evidence – Olisema led the League 2 in an astounding 4 different categories: Headers Won (408), Key Headers (49), Interceptions (194), and Shots Blocked (49).  There was no more influential defender in the league this season than Olisema, who also registered 86% Headers Won and 6.80 AR in his 42 Appearances.  While the rest of the defense faltered, Olisema held the line together – I truly believe that if the rest of the line had played better, Olisema would have given us a 7.00+ AR season.  Rating: 7/10

MIDFIELD

Sam Rodon (2020), 20 Years Old, Central Midfield:  The only two players that my coaching staff have rated 4.5/5 CA are Hodges and Rodon – that is how highly they think of our leading CM, and I don’t disagree.  He played in all 46 Games, registering 6 Goals, 3 Assists, 3 PoMs, 1.60 TpG, 146 Interceptions (2nd on team), a team-high 81% Pass Ratio and 2,268 Passes Completed (nearly double anyone else on the squad), and 6.92 AR, down slightly from 6.94 AR last season.  His numbers clearly point to just how integral he was in the middle of the pitch to us – nearly every play ran through him.  He keeps making noise about wanting to leave for a bigger club, but like Hodges I feel with the new promotion we should be able to satisfy his ambition.  Rating: 7/10

Dominic Sherratt (2018), 23 Years Old, Left Winger:  While consistency is definitely not his forte – he gave us some terrible performances a few games this season – when he is on, he is on.  He led the league with 15 Assists, also registering 5 Goals, 2.87 TpG, and 6.82 AR (up from 6.79 AR) in 44 Appearances.  My wingers work hard on both ends of the pitch, and he was not shy about fighting the ball back from the opposition, but what I really loved about him this season was how efficient he was getting the ball to the strikers.  His 19 Chances Created were second only to Hodges on the team, and his Assists spoke volumes on how reliant we were on his passes and crosses to get the ball into scoring opportunities.  The only thing left for him to improve at this point would be to be more consistent with his form.  Rating: 6.5/10

ATTACK

Kevin Davis (2018), 23 Years Old, Striker:  When Connolly was sold, the assumption was that Davis would jump right back into the starting lineup, but I decided to go in another direction because he has just been so efficient coming off the bench.  He played in 35 Games, starting only 3 of them, but still managed to score 11 Goals – his 105.82 Average Minutes Per Goal was easily the best in the league.  To put that into context, Hodges’ number was 142.04 and he was 3rd in the league!  He was a dynamo for us off the bench, and our vice-captain is ecstatic to continue to be a member of the team.  Rating: 6.5/10

HOT PROSPECTS

Rhys Lalite (2022), 18 Years Old, Goalkeeper:  Honestly, I could not have asked for more from our 18 year old GK in only his second year – he played in 43 Appearances, registering 1.49 Con/90 and 6.94 AR, which was the 4th highest on the team.  Despite a very inconsistent and underperforming (generally) defensive line, he did a great job in between the posts for us and was directly responsible for keeping the score under control several games this season.  He is already at 4/5 CA with a 5/5 PA, and although he has started making noise about needing to be at a bigger club, he remains a professional.  This season also saw him improve drastically, so his commitment in training has not been effected by his ambition to move. 

Anthony Garrard (2022), 18 Years Old, Central Midfielder:  Garrard came along better than I could have ever imagined this season – I started experimenting with starting him at what was a completely unnatural CM position for him in the middle of the season, and the way he responded was phenomenal.  Not only did he thrive in his new role, but he showed ridiculous progress in his attributes, especially in his Mental abilities.  He was already advanced for his age physically, but he also showed tremendous improvement in those abilities, too.  Overall, in 28 Appearances, he registered 3 Goals, 6 Assists, a team-high 5.03 TpG, 11 Chances Created, and 7.04 AR, which was second on the team out of players who appeared in more than 20 Games.  He has definitely earned the right to keep hold of his starting position, and I hope we see even more improvement next year.  Players like Garrard are why we all get romantic about this game in the first place!

Adam Burgon (2021), 18 Years Old, Striker:  I had a decision to make when Connolly was sold – return to the status quo and start Davis, or give Burgon a run and see what he could do.  I decided to go with the latter, and I was not disappointed – in 16 Appearances, he gave us 11 Goals, 2 Assists, 2 PoMs, 80% Pass Ratio, 62% Shot Target, and 7.24 AR, which was second only to Hodges.  My hope with him is he can show us substantial improvement in his abilities, although at such a deep position in our squad, I can always experiment with other players.  As long as he keeps scoring, however, he will keep his place.    

Mike Rigby (2023), 17 Years Old, Central Defender:  He spent the year being re-trained to be CD, and it has gone relatively well.  He made his debut and appeared in 6 Games (all as a Starter), registering 2.88 TpG and 6.60 AR.  He still carries a 5/5 PA, and he did show some good improvement in his abilities, especially his Mental, so I am optimistic about him. 

Sam Beresford (2023), 17 Years Old, Central Defender:  He was not impressive when he did play, but of course he is too young to judge.  If he can get his Physical attributes up to a decent level, he could have the look of a good CD. 

Bevon Daley (2023), 17 Years Old, Striker:  He did not make his debut this season, but he did show some reasonable improvements in his attributes that were noticeable.  His skill-set is good, and he definitely has good Finishing – in fact, my coaching staff have upgraded him from a 4.5/5 PA at Intake to 5/5 PA, so they seem to think he is capable. 

Mehmet Donmez (2023), 17 Years Old, Striker:  His PA has stayed the same from his Intake at 4.5/5 PA, but injuries are looking like they might hamper his career – he already has had to deal with 5 injuries in his rookie year, 3 of them Moderate.  He also has Low Determination as a personality trait, so while he was heavily touted coming out of the Intake, he does not look like – so far – he will amount to anything substantial. 

YOUTH INTAKE

f6dC16.jpg

X26Eud.jpg

ceCzzP.jpg

YOUTH CLASS REVIEW

2018/19:  Joe Moss is a bit-part player for the first team at the CM position and Emmanuel Adu has yet to make his debute for Cardiff, which leaves only Bejamin Olisema as a starter from the ’19 Youth Class.  Predictably, this will go down as one of our weakest Youth Classes in terms of influence on the team.  TOP PLAYERS: Emmanuel Adu, Benjamin Olisema

2019/20:  There are six players still contracted to the team from the ’20 Youth Class, but only two that played this season – Niall Jackson, who appeared in 16 Games as a back-up for the wing positions, and Sam Rodon.  The latter has become one of our most important and best players and is easily the crown jewel of this Youth Intake, with no one else really making an impact.  TOP PLAYERS: Sam Rodon

2020/21:  The emergence of Burgon salvaged what has been our weakest Intake to date – Burgon ended up playing very well this season.  Only Gavin Collins remains with the team outside of Burgon, but he failed to appear in a game for the second straight year and does not look to have a future at the club.  Danny Smith (DR, 3/5 PA at Intake) found a home with non-league outfit Lowestoft, playing in 34 Games and registering 6.98 AR – he is the only player outside of Burgon and Collins to still be around. TOP PLAYERS: Adam Burgon

2021/22:  The sale of Kyle Connolly was really tough to take – he was sold for £275K to Premier League club Brentford, and he actually made his debut for them this season.  He is, hands down, the best prospect we have developed thus far.  The ’22 Youth Class has been very good outside of Connolly as well, however – we currently have two very important starters in GK Rhys Lalite and CM Anthony Garrard that are part of this Intake.  Left-Back Riviere Jules remains at 5/5 PA, although he only appeared in 1 Game this season and has not shown much improvement in his attributes.  TOP PLAYERS: Kyle Connolly, Rhys Lalite, Anthony Garrard

2022/23:  The ’23 Youth Class showed a lot of promise, but it is looking to be a little underwhelming now.  Both Sam Beresford and Mike Rigby made their debuts at CD this season, while Bevon Daley has shown some promise although he has yet to make his debut.  The other high rated prospect outside of those three was Mehmet Donmez, but injuries have hampered him and he did not show much improvement.  Billy Burnett has also caught my eye, as his PA went from 4/5 to 4.5/5 – it was actually at 5/5 at one point this season. 

4 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Brilliant stuff!

It was a great season, despite the board giving away our best player and prospect.  

I don't usually find that much of a difference between the talent in League 2 and League 1, so I hope we can also have a decent season despite being just promoted. 

SEASON REVIEW 2024/2025

TEAM REVIEW

This was a good first season in the League One – as expected, our defense was porous, conceding 102 Goals and ranking 23rd out of 24teams, but our offense was spectacular and was the 3rd best in the league.  We finished only in 17th Place, but we were comfortably out of the relegation zone all season long, thanks to our legend and captain Lewis Hodges, who finished the season the League One’s Top Goalscorer with 30 Goals.  He was partnered up front by rookie Jonathan Sheckleford, who was amazing in his own right and contributed almost as much to our relatively comfortable season.  Defensively, the season marked an end of an era, as our initial starters that began this save have all been replaced due to their lackluster form and general lack of improvement in abilities.  Only left-back Vince Jackson remains out the initial four, and that is because we have not yet developed any talented full-backs that can challenge him for his place.

Last save, I had boards that would not throw a single dime at Youth investments, and it frustrated me to no end.  This save, I have now had three club elections, and each new incoming board has been extremely generous in their investments in Youth.  Our Youth Recruitment and Junior Coaching were again approved from upgrading this season, and it really is beginning to show in our Intakes – we are producing some really talented young players that are making our climb up the league ladder much simpler than last year.  Our finances, though slowly dwindling, continue to remain in the black, and with our promotion to League One, we saw a larger influx of cash that should see us remain comfortable in the short-term. 

EYHT8Y.jpg

y3Tmgv.jpg

De9mve.jpg

iGnCwx.jpg

fHiY2T.jpg

KEY PLAYERS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Lewis Hodges (2018), 23 Years Old, Striker:  After a couple of years of stalling, Hodges finally signed a new contract with us worth £4K per week – the richest in club history.  It is fully deserved, too, because he again won the Kafra Player of the Year for the sixth time.  In 41 Appearances, he registered a league-high 30 Goals, 10 Assists, 6 PoMs, 76% Pass Ratio, 63% Shot Target, and 7.28 AR – looking at those numbers, I would certainly classify his first season in the League One as highly successful.  He has already scored 207 League Goals in his young career, coming from 306 Appearances, and the only team he has registered less than 10 Assists in a season was his rookie year.  We have had an influx of offensive talent in the past few years, but no one has come close to replacing Hodges as the heartbeat of this team.  The club captain is without a doubt a club legend at this point.  Rating: 9/10

DEFENSE

Only Defenders worth mentioning can be found under HOT PROSPECTS.

MIDFIELD

Sam Rodon (2020), 21 Years Old, Central Midfield:  The highest valued player on the club at £125K, Rodon continues to show just how important he is to the team.  In 44 Appearances, he registered 5 Goals, 4 Assists, 1.57 TpG, 124 Interceptions, 2,511 Passes Completed, 41 Key Passes, and 6.89 AR.  Those were really good all-around numbers, and a good indicator of his game – he rarely shows a weakness or makes a mistake and is seemingly everywhere on the pitch.  The Welshman still refuses to sign a new contract, however – he continues to state that he needs a club to match his ambition.  I think he overestimates himself and is actually at the perfect level with the perfect club for him!  Rating: 7/10

Dan Spalding (2018), 24 Years Old, Right Winger:  This was a good year in what has been an up and down career for the right winger – in 42 Appearances, he registered 6 Goals, 12 Assists, 2.79 TpG, and 6.80 AR, which was tied for his best since his rookie year.  The Assists were best on the team, as were his 19 Chances Created and 0.94 DpG.  The Kafra Youth Academy has still not given us any right wingers up to his level, so he remains the defacto starter at the position.  His biggest problem is his consistency, and poor spells for him usually last a while before he snaps out of them.  Still, this was a decent year this season, and I just hope he keeps up for next year.  Rating: 6.5/10

ATTACK

Check out HOT PROSPECTS.

HOT PROSPECTS

Rhys Lalite (2022), 19 Years Old, Goalkeeper:  He had a tougher go at it this year than the two previous ones because of the higher level of football, but he did not let that affect his training in anyway.  The GK was all that bad, either – his 6.82 AR was still one of the highest on the team.  He remains in a constant state of unhappiness and continuously desires to leave the club, but I still have him locked for a few more years if the club don’t stupidly sell him.  My coaching staff rate him the highest on the team along with Hodges in terms of CA, and he has the potential to be serviceable Premier League GK at one point.  He has done a great job in training over the past couple of years, and has shown steady and impressive progress in his attributes. 

Anthony Garrard (2022), 19 Years Old, Central Midfielder:  After such an impressive season last year, Garrard took a very big step back and really struggled this season.  In 46 Appearances (33 as Starter), he registered 1 Goal, 2 Assists, 3.41 TpG, and 6.60 AR, down from 7.04 AR.  To be fair, he did spend a fair amount of time at right-back, his natural position, but that was because he was not getting it done at the CM position and ended up being replaced in the starting lineup by upstart Joseph Oliseh.  Despite his rough season, Garrard is still a very intriguing player – he has the versatility to play anywhere down the right flank, and now is adept at playing at the CM position, too.  His Physical attributes are second to none, and he has continued to show good improvements in the rest of his abilities.  Hopefully, he will find a way to bounce back next season and give us a better year. 

Adam Burgon (2021), 19 Years Old, Striker:  Denied a more prominent place in the team by rookie Sheckleford, Burgon was as reliable as they come when called up this season.  In 11 Appearances, he registered 6 Goals, 2 Assists, 82% Pass Ratio, a ridiculous 84% Shot Target, and 7.03 AR – had it not been for the rookie, Burgon would probably have been our starter along Hodges most of the time.  Still, with those kind of numbers, it hard to deny Burgon a spot on the rotation, and he is currently our first choice off the bench at the striker position.   

Mike Rigby (2023), 18 Years Old, Central Defender:  After a year of being taught how to play at CD, I placed Rigby in the starting lineup, and he was actually our most impressive defender this season.  The problem is, our most impressive defender could only register 6.69 AR in his 33 Appearances, which shows just how deep our defensive problems were this season.  He also registered a team-high 14 Key Tackles along with 2.45 TpG and 116 Interceptions.  Like a lot of the young prospects coming through, he showed great improvements in his abilities, dedicating himself to learning how to play CD and doing so fairly quickly. 

Bevon Daley (2023), 18 Years Old, Striker:  Yet to make his debut, the Jamaican striker nevertheless continues to show good improvement in his abilities, especially his physical and quickness stats.  His Finishing is relatively good, and he has the right skill-set I look for in a striker – my goal for next season is to not only give him his debut, but also find a way to give him a few starts to see what he is capable of. 

Sam Beresford (2023), 17 Years Old, Central Defender:  My coaching staff love him, but he has yet to show any semblance of good form.  He played in 9 Games in his sophomore year, registering 6.40 AR, but more concerning is his relatively slow development so far.  He will have to show more of everything next season if he wants to continue to maintain a presence in the first team for the foreseeable future. 

Gary Bowen (2024), 17 Years Old, Striker:  His rookie season was a miss in terms of form, but this young striker is looking like the real deal with every week that passes by.  His Physical stats are already very well developed despite his young age, and he has impressive attacking instincts.  Already given an U19 cap for Wales, I will look to give him more opportunities in his sophomore year despite the deepness of the striker position currently. 

Joseph Oliseh (2024), 17 Years Old, Central Midfielder: It did not take long for Oliseh to solidify himself as our starter next to Rodon despite this being only his rookie year, but I could not ignore his impressive performances.  He ended up tailing off in a hard way towards in the end of the season, but he was above 7.00 AR for most of it.  In 36 Appearances, he ended up registering 1 Goal, 7 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.70 TpG, and 6.86 AR – he also had 58 Key Passes were the highest on the team.  Naturally an AM, he took quickly to playing at CM, and improved quickly in the required abilities.  Overall, I am very happy with his rookie year and look forward to seeing him develop further in his sophomore season. 

Jonathan Sheckleford (2024), 17 Years Old, Striker: Wow, what a rookie season!  I would already rank him ahead of Kyle Connolly as the greatest product the Kafra Youth Academy has produced thus far – that is how impressed I am by this young striker.  I threw him right into the mix of things, and in 41 Appearances, he registered 23 Goals, 11 Assists, 5 PoMs, 64% Shot Target, and 7.09 AR.  Although it is not a position I usually play in my formations, I put him in as a Target Man based on his Aerial abilities.  My coaching staff believe he could be a fine Championship striker in the future, but for now, he is serving us very well in the League One.   

Mike Beverly (2024), 17 Years Old, Central Defender:   Had limited playing time in his rookie year, and did not really show much in it.  What I liked what his attribute improvements – for example, he was at 6 Jumping Reach to start the season, but finished at 10.  He has the look of a good CD – hopefully he can start showing some good form. 

Alfie Watkins (2024), 17 Years Old, Goalkeeper: Lalite played in all 46 Games this season, which meant Watkins didn’t feature.  My coaching staff have now put him at 5/5 PA, and he showed some decent improvement in his abilities over the course of the season.  He is a long term project, and with the way Lalite is developing, the only way Watkins looks like he could get consistent playing time is if Lalite leaves the club or gets injured.  Either way, Watkins will continue to serve as our No.2 for the foreseeable future. 

YOUTH INTAKE

m1nLKJ.jpg

P5SjSD.jpg

Hello, Marcus Clarke! I haven’t had a prospect with such potential in a long time – possibly since FM17!  His natural position might be striker, but he is being retrained as a left winger, and he is going to be a fantastic one at that!  The board’s generous investment in everything Youth is certainly paying off, and we continue to get great offensive prospects.  I am cautiously excited about Laing – he could prove to be a good addition to our underperforming defensive unit.  Overall, really impressed with this Intake, mostly because of Clarke, but also because there are a couple of other players who could potentially be rotational players for the club. 

HYG5o6.jpg

YOUTH CLASS REVIEW

2018/19:  The most talented player from the ’19 Youth Class, Emmanuel Adu, has yet to make his debut for Cardiff three years after being sold by the board to them.  The only other player of note from this Intake is Benjamin Olisema, who continues to serve as a rotational player in our defense.  TOP PLAYERS: Emmanuel Adu, Benjamin Olisema

2019/20:  Five players are still contracted by the club from the ’20 Youth Class, but only two are a part of the first team – Sam Rodon and Niall Jackson.  The former has become one of the most indispensable players on the team, while Jackson serves as backup for both wing positions.  TOP PLAYERS: Sam Rodon

2020/21:  Only three players remain in football from the ’21 Youth Class – Danny Smith had a horrible season for semi-professional outfit Lowestoft, Gavin Collins is still with Kafra but has not played in three years, and Adam Burgon serves as the primary backup for the striker position.  Overall, this Intake takes the prize of weakest Intake the Academy has given us to date.  TOP PLAYERS: Adam Burgon

2021/22:  Up until this season, Kyle Connolly was easily the best prospect the Kafra Youth Academy had produced.  Ironically, despite being sold to Premier League team Brentford, he spent this season on loan with League Two team Bradford, scoring 5 Goals in 10 Appearances.  Back in Kafra, Rhys Lalite has become one of our best players and a quality GK at that, while Garrard – despite his struggles this season – is also one of our finest prospects.  Both Ricky Henry and Charlie Huthings made their debuts this season, but outside of Lalite and Garrard, it does not look like anyone else will be able to crack the first team.  TOP PLAYERS: Kyle Connolly, Rhys Lalite, Anthony Garrard

2022/23:  Out of the four highly rated prospects, one has become a starter (Mike Rigby), one looks like he will be part of the rotation next season (Sam Beresford), one looks like he could become a quality striker (Bevon Daley), and one has underwhelmed and looks like he will not amount to much (Mehmet Donmez).  The ’23 Youth Class can be personified by his defensive prospects thus far, and if Beresford lives up to the coaching staff’s opinion, we could very well have two potential starters at CD from this Intake.  TOP PLAYERS: Mike Rigby, Sam Beresford, Bevon Daley

2023/24: The ’24 Youth Class might only be a year old, but it already looks like our best and deepest Intake ever.  Jonathan Sheckleford looks like the finest prospect the Academy has given us thus far, and had a magical rookie season, as well.  Joseph Oliseh has already solidified himself as a starter for us at CM, so despite it being only last year’s Intake, it has already produced two starters for us.  Both Gary Bowen and Mike Beverly look like quality prospects that could be potential starters if their development keeps up, and Alfie Watkins serves as our No.2 GK.  Both Beverly and Watkins came in at 4.5/5 PA, but are now rated at 5/5 PA – on the opposite side of that, Roberto Santos was rated at 5/5 PA coming in, but now is 4.5/5 PA.  TOP PLAYERS: Jonathan Sheckleford, Joseph Oliseh, Gary Bowen, Mike Beverly

Edited by abulezz

Man United, fresh off of their first Champions League title in 18 years, just bought this beast of a striker for £126M.  He had his breakout season for Fulham last season, scoring 21 Goals - he also is a product of the Fulham Youth Academy.

SyTtQo.jpg

This is the first season since the beginning of the save where we had more than one £100M+ transfers.  Matias Vega made the move from Juventus to Chelsea for £103M.

mHG8jt.jpg

oYoTSm.jpg

The sabotage continues - Sheckleford was on his way to becoming a star for us, already having scored 20 Goals this season.

m4fL9E.jpg

SEASON REVIEW 2025/2026

TEAM REVIEW

We had a slight improvement in all respects in our second season in the League One – we moved up from 17th to 16th Place, and our defense improved to 21st best (worst) in the league.  Even though we scored less goals than last year, our offense was still pretty potent (5th) thanks to our star, Lewis Hodges.  Our young players had an inconsistent season, though, and a lot of them had trouble with their form, something I expect will remedy itself next season.  We did face another huge disappointment with the sale of Jonathan Sheckleford, however – of course, the board deemed a £725K offer too good to turn down, and the player who was leading the league with 20 Goals was sold mid-season! Terrible choices, terrible decisions.  We could not figure out how to replace his presence or his goals, and the team suffered because of it.  I hope the board is happy with what they caused!

What they mess up in forced sales they definitely make up in Youth investment, however.  Our Youth facilities are almost top-notch – we invested in Junior Coaching the Youth Recruitment again this year, and our Intakes are really showing the results of this.  Financially, we are not as strong as we have been the past few years, although we continue to maintain a positive balance.  I am using just over half the wage budget allocated to me, but I guess we simply don’t have enough fans in the seats currently to turn consistent monthly profits. 

468vt5.jpg

l206f8.jpg

FyBv8E.jpg

WNbF7p.jpg

bgd1SC.jpg

KEY PLAYERS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Lewis Hodges (2018), 24 Years Old, Striker:  Four straight Kafra Player of the Year, Hodges has now won the award seven times out of the eight years that have passed in this save.  Second in the league with 23 Goals and third with 16 Assists, the striker and our captain continues to be our most influential and consistent player.  It is hard to believe he is only 24 years old, but he has already played in over 350 League Games over the course of his career, with 45 Appearances this season alone.  His 7.09 AR was down from 7.28 and 7.29 the previous two seasons, but he did have more pressure on him this year.  I would consider him our only club legend thus far in this save, and what a wonderful one he has been.  Rating: 8/10

DEFENSE

Rhys Lalite (2022), 20 Years Old, Goalkeeper:  My coaching staff rate his CA (4.5/5) just as highly as they do Hodges, so he is considered to be one of our two most important players.  His 6.93 AR was the second highest on the team after Hodges, so there is obviously truth in it.  Even with our bad defense, he remains stellar between the sticks for us, and his 1.67 Con/90 was much improved over last year’s mark of 2.22.  For the second straight year, he played in all 46 Appearances, and even though he is still making noise about wanting to leave for a bigger club, I still have hope we can sign him to a new contract in the two years left on his contract. Rating: 7/10

Anthony Garrard (2022), 20 Years Old, Right Defender/Central Midfielder:  The reality is Garrard had a miserable year playing right-back (his natural position), but even with his 6.58 AR, he remains one of our most important and best players.  His 2.95 TpG was the second-highest of any of our starters (left-back Jackson was the highest at 3.48 TpG), and he was third on the team with 129 Interceptions.  Two seasons ago, he registered 7.04 AR playing as a CM, but we have had talent come through that position and dearth of it at RB, so necessity has put him at a tough position in my system.  His Physical abilities are probably the best on the team, and I really hope he starts playing better for us because right now, there is no one who is remotely as talented as he is at right-back. Rating: 5/10

MIDFIELD

Sam Rodon (2020), 22 Years Old, Central Midfield: The third highest rated player on the squad with 4/5 CA, Rodon had an off-season this year, with his 6.89 AR from last season dropping to 6.73 AR this season.  Even though he played in all 46 Games, his contributions were harder to spot – the 5 Goals equaled last year’s tally, but his 1 Assist was very underwhelming.  Although his 1.79 TpG and 131 Interceptions were up, his Key Passes dropped to 33 from 41 – his form, which is the most important thing, was heavily effected and consistency was not a strength this year, either.  This was, in fact, his worst season to date, which can be taken as good news – history points to him being a better player than this, so I am optimistic he will perform better next year.  Rating: 6/10

ATTACK

Check out HOT PROSPECTS.

HOT PROSPECTS

Mike Rigby (2023), 19 Years Old, Central Defender:  Outside of Lalite, Rigby was easily our best player in the defensive line this season.  The converted CD played in 43 Games, registering 1 Goal, 3 Assists, 2 PoMs, 2.03 TpG, and also led the league in 3 categories: Interceptions (187), Key Headers (100), and Shots Blocked (68).  His 6.77 AR, while an improvement over last year’s 6.69 AR, does suggest he still has a little work to do with his consistency, but considering the general state of our defense, I will take what I can get.  Rigby is also our only International player, having earned 7 Caps thus far for Cyprus.  I wonder consider the versatile defender – he can play all across the backline – our best CD at this point. 

Bevon Daley (2023), 19 Years Old, Striker:  I wanted to give Daley more than his 5 Substitute Appearances this year, but at least he scored his first (and only) goal for the club.  He is still at 4.5/5 PA, and the sale of Sheckleford should mean he sees more opportunities next season unless we have another striker come up and impress.  Overall, while he is showing improvement, he does not look like he will be better than Bowen and Hodges, our current starters, but at least should have a chance to serve as the 3rd choice striker. 

Sam Beresford (2023), 18 Years Old, Central Defender: His drop from 5/5 PA to 4.5/5 PA was expected – I just did not think he had the look of a talented CD and his abilities were not showing the required improvement.  I am glad my coaching staff finally saw the light.  He did not play at all this season, and there is simply too much talent at the position that are better than him.  Injuries are the only thing that can put him back in the rotation at this point. 

Gary Bowen (2024), 18 Years Old, Striker:  The sale of Sheckleford opened up the doors for Bowen, but I must say I was a bit underwhelmed by his performances after becoming a starter.  He played in 32 Games, but scored only 9 Goals to go with his 5 Assists and 6.79 AR.  Strikers are generally the best performing players in my system, so he still has a long way to go to make the starting position his.  Right now, however, he definitely is our most talented forward outside of Hodges and will start next season as his partner up front.  He has shown great strides in terms of his abilities, so that is a plus. 

Joseph Oliseh (2024), 18 Years Old, Central Midfielder: Despite hitting the Sophomore Slump, as I call it, after an impressive rookie year, Oliseh has now become our highest-valued player at £165K.  In 39 Appearances, he registered 4 Goals, 2.16 TpG, 79% Pass Ratio, and 6.71 AR, which was down significantly from 6.86 AR in his rookie season.  Still, his improvement in his abilities did not let up, and he actually signed a new contract this year despite always insinuating he belonged at a bigger club.  He is currently one of our most talented players, and I do think he will bounce back next season. 

Mike Beverly (2024), 18 Years Old, Central Defender: He was thrown into the thick of things this season, starting next to Rigby, but he did not have a good year (44 Appearances, 1.54 TpG, 6.57 AR).  That being said, he improved significantly over the course of the season, so that was very encouraging.  I have no plans to remove him from the starting lineup just yet, but I must see more from him in his third year with the club coming up. 

Alfie Watkins (2024), 18 Years Old, Goalkeeper:  He hasn’t played a game in the last two seasons, but my coaching staff have reported that they believe he has the potential to be just as good as Lalite is currently, which is encouraging. 

Marcus Clarke (2025), 17 Years Old, Left Winger: I am not quite sure what to make of Marcus Clarke’s dreadful rookie season.  I was so excited about his skill-set, and he looked like the ultimate left winger, but in 44 Appearances, he registered 2 Goals, 6 Assists, 2.45 TpG, and 6.57 AR.  The problem was when he was having a bad game, he was always having a really bad game, which brought his AR down significantly.  In all honesty, despite it being his rookie year, I was disappointed as I really thought he would be a difference maker right off the bat.  He showed decent improvement in his abilities (although not great), so he did find ways to get better and showed commitment in training.  Hopefully he will deliver a season more in line with my expectations in his sophomore year. 

Adam Laing (2025), 17 Years Old, Central Defender: Although Laing has yet to make his debut, he has shown real progress in training is definitely in line for some playing time next year. 

Nelson Peres (2025), 17 Years Old, Left Winger: He spent the year with the U18 team, but has shown enough commitment in training and improvement in ability to consider a call-up to the first team.  My coaching staff have reported him now at 5/5 PA, up from 4.5/5 at his Intake, so he is someone to keep an eye on,

YOUTH INTAKE

1Yj5Pi.jpg

YFHVDW.jpg

This is the second straight year we have an incredible wing prospect – last year it was Marcus Clarke on the left, and this year it is New Zealand product Jim Yuill on the right.  The pace is out of this world for a player so young, and I am really optimistic about him.  It doesn’t end there, however – both Weir and Cooper look like they could potentially be gems for us, as well.  Overall, I would rank this Intake better than last year’s, and possibly our second best after the ’24 Youth Class.

SPpUYC.jpg

YOUTH CLASS REVIEW

2018/19:  No one from this class has maintained a presence in the first team any longer.  Our most talented player from this batch, Adu, left Cardiff after three years and zero appearances, and joined League Two team Grimsby on Free Transfer.  He had 28 Appearances, 4 Goals, and 6.94 AR.  TOP PLAYERS: Emmanuel Adu, Benjamin Olisema

2019/20:  Rodon remains one of our most indispensable and highest rated players, and is easily the best player from the ’20 Youth Class.  The only other player of note is Niall Jackson, who actually played in 41 Games this season, all as a substitute for both winger positions.  TOP PLAYERS: Sam Rodon

2020/21: Widely considered our weakest Intake, even the best player from it (Adam Burgon) is no longer part of the team’s plans.  There is no one else of note.  TOP PLAYERS: Adam Burgon

2021/22:  Kyle Connolly, bought by Brentwood, spent the year on loan playing against in League One for Exeter, scoring 11 Goals in 39 Appearances.  The best player from thie ’22 Youth Class has become our GK Rhys Lalite, however – he has proven himself to be atleast a Championship level GK according to scouting reports.  The only other player of note is Anthony Garrard, who had a rough season but remains an important member of our first team.  TOP PLAYERS: Kyle Connolly, Rhys Lalite, Anthony Garrard

2022/23: Mike Rigby is currently the only player from the ’23 Youth Class to make it into the team’s starting lineup, and in all honesty, is the only player from this Intake that has lived up to potential.  Beresford came in at 5/5 PA but has now been downgraded, and Daley will have a tough time breaking into a rotational role thanks to the talent available at the striker position. TOP PLAYERS: Mike Rigby, Sam Beresford, Bevon Daley

2023/24: Our best Intake thus far, the ’24 Youth Class has given us four starters so far!  Our most talented prospect, Jonathan Sheckleford, was unfortunately sold by our board for £725K to Premier League team Bristol City despite leading the league in Goals Scored at the time of his sale.  Still, another player from this Intake replaced him in Gary Bowen, and he joined Joseph Oliseh and Mike Beverley in the starting lineup.  All of the prospects mentioned above are still rated 5/5 PA, and there is still a few other players that look like they could potentially earn a rotational spot on the squad.  TOP PLAYERS: Jonathan Sheckleford, Joseph Oliseh, Gary Bowen, Mike Beverly

2024/25: The best prospect from this Intake, Marcus Clarke, was thrown into the starting lineup in his rookie year, but did not respond well.  The other 5/5 PA prospect coming out of the Intake, Adam Laing, maintains his PA and showed good improvement.  Nelson Peres was given a nudge up to 5/5 PA, but GK Roland Wilson was downgraded to 4/5 PA, dropping 0.5 points.  TOP PLAYERS: Marcus Clarke, Adam Laing

The board did it again, selling Marcus Clarke for £2.4M.  They seem hell-bent on making my job as difficult as possible, always selling away our top prospects.  On the plus side, they are not shy about re-investment - I put in the requests again after we got the money in, and again they accepted.

lcL6xR.jpg

iq866L.jpg

Sorry, was away for a while, just read up.

Great progress! Really annoying when they sell the best youth products, but if they use the money on upgrades its probably worth it in the long run. With the level of intakes you are getting the last 2 years you will have a new rising star ASAP :P

3 hours ago, Torminator said:

Sorry, was away for a while, just read up.

Great progress! Really annoying when they sell the best youth products, but if they use the money on upgrades its probably worth it in the long run. With the level of intakes you are getting the last 2 years you will have a new rising star ASAP :P

Hey! Thanks for the comment!

They are relentless in selling away our prospects - they sold Oliseh, our CM, in the middle of the season and Im 100% sure they will sell one or two in the summer because we getting offers from players like Beverley and Bowen. 

Luckily, they are have been generous with their investment in Youth, so it has compensated somewhat.  My Intakes have been fantastic!  Out of curiosity, I checked out some of the bigger Premier League clubs' Intakes to see how ours compared - we actually still have ways to go, lol.  Their average prospects are still better than our finest.  

Sucks to lose key prospects, but at least finances are solid and your academy is already at a level to replace them.

SEASON REVIEW 2026/2027

TEAM REVIEW

The board decided to start our season by selling off our most talented prospect, left winger Marcus Clarke, to Southampton for £2.4M, which obviously infuriated me.  That wasn’t even the only sale of the season – in the January transfer window, they sold talented CM Joseph Oliseh for just under £1M, blind-siding me and leaving me scrambling trying to figure what to do with my midfield.  If it wasn’t for those two efforts of sabotage, I have no doubt that this team would have done much better and finished significantly higher than our 15th Place.  We have now spent three years in the League One, improving one spot every year – we started at 17th and now are at 15th.  The team was again carried by our offense, with both Hodges and Bowen scoring at least 20 Goals, and the addition of rookie Yuill down the right wing facilitated their goals.  Defensively, the players improved their individual form, and there was some progress overall, but we were still amongst the worst in the league in that respect.

The good news is, the board re-invested a lot of the money from the sales back into our Youth programs, improving Junior Coaching and the Youth Recruitment Network.  Our Intakes have been great the past few years, and this year’s crop of prospects also looks promising.  Our finances remain in a decent state, especially after the money that came in from the sales.  Looking forward to next season, as hopefully we will take a bigger step up.

MTdDeD.jpg

cHmsO3.jpg

takEHa.jpg

r8wVHl.jpg

wEyHF6.jpg

KEY PLAYERS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Lewis Hodges (2018), 25 Years Old, Striker:  In the nine seasons of this save, Hodges has been named Kafra Player of the Year eight times – that’s how important he has been to this club.  A Kafra legend, the Kafra captain, Kafra’s Mr. Everything, it is an absolute travesty that the game still rates him as an “Icon” of the club and not a legend.  He was amazing for us once again this season – in 40 Appearances, he registered 23 Goals, 7 Assists, 7 PoMs, 81% Pass Ratio, and 7.18 AR, which was actually up from 7.09 AR last season.  There really isn’t anymore to say that hasn’t been said – without Hodges and his dominance up front, this club would be in a far worse place.  Rating: 8.5/10

DEFENSE

Rhys Lalite (2022), 21 Years Old, Goalkeeper:  The best player in our defense, our GK is definitely one of our most talented players.  His 12 Clean Sheets were a career-high, as was his 6.97 AR – even though our defense was ranked 20th out 24 team in the league, he still was one of the best GKs in the League One.  The problem is that he is now coming on to the last year of his contract, and remains insistent that he should be at a bigger club, refusing to sign a new deal.  I really don’t want to lose him, and I hope he comes around and signs with us soon.  Rating: 7/10

Mike Rigby (2023), 20 Years Old, Central Defender: Honestly, I am very impressed with the season Rigby had for us, as it was better than I expected or hoped for.  In 43 Appearances, he registered 1 Goal, 1 Assist, 3 PoMs, 1.82 TpG, and a career-high 6.89 AR – he also led the league with 193 Interceptions and 72 Shots Blocked, and was 4th in the league with 75 Key Headers and 14 Key Tackles.  The versatile defender was consistent and gave us strong form throughout the season, despite the general mediocrity of our defense as a whole.  I think I made the right call in switching from his natural position as a left-back and converting him into a central defender.  Rating: 6.5/10

Anthony Garrard (2022), 20 Years Old, Right Defender/Central Midfielder:  This was much better from Garrard – after teasing us with a strong sophomore campaign, his previous two seasons were disastrous, but he more than bounced back this season.  His 6.79 AR might not be terribly impressive, but compared to his 6.58 AR from last year, it is very much welcome.  He proved that he was capable of focusing and putting in the effort needed to play in a difficult position in our system, and despite dealing with an injury – he ended up playing 39 Games – he gave me hope that he can improve even further next season as the team looks set to begin its climb up the League One ladder.  Rating: 6/10

Vince Jackson (2018), 26 Years Old, Left Defender: What was likely to be his last season as a starter for us (he has been our starting left-back since our first season), Jackson gave us his finest year since his rookie season.  His 6.79 AR was the highest since the 6.96 AR he gave us in 2018/19, and even though he likely will not see much playing time going forward, this is a player that has featured in 360 League Games for us, so he will always hold a special place in the club’s heart.  Rating: 6/10

MIDFIELD

Sam Rodon (2020), 22 Years Old, Central Midfield: After struggling last year, Rodon bounced back and gave us a season more in line with what is expected of him – in 46 Appearances (the third time he plays a full season in the last four years), he registered 2 Goals, 5 Assists, 1.41 TpG, 85% Pass Ratio, 106 Interceptions (2nd on team), 26 Key Passes (2nd on team), 3,412 Completed Passes (Best on team), and 6.92 AR, up from 6.73 AR last season.  In other words, we was doing it both defensively and offensively, taking care of business on both sides of the pitch.  He signed a new contract that pays him £1.7K per week, so he has dropped the whole wanting to play for a bigger club thing, which is good news for us because he is one of our most important players at this point.  Rating: 7/10

ATTACK

Check out HOT PROSPECTS.

HOT PROSPECTS

Gary Bowen (2024), 19 Years Old, Striker:  In his first full year as a starter, Bowen got the job done – in 43 Appearances, he registered 20 Goals, 5 Assists, 4 PoMs, 79% Pass Ratio, 63% Shot Target, and 7.05 AR.  However, like Kyle Connolly and Jonathan Sheckleford before him, he looks to be a prime target for our board in terms of a forced sale.  We are already getting offers of over £2M for him, and I don’t think the board is going to keep rejecting offers that continue to creep up in numbers.  It is a shame because he is talented – our coaching staff rate his potential as a Championship level striker, but at brief point this season, they reported that he had the potential to even be a decent Premier League striker.  He thinks he is too big for the club, of course, but we still have two more years on his rookie contract to convince him to stay. 

Mike Beverley (2024), 19 Years Old, Central Defender: Beverley is another player getting consistent offers from other teams, although I doubt the number will get high enough to entice the board to force a sale.  In 43 Appearances, he registered 1.28 TpG and 6.74 AR, which was up from 6.57 AR in his first season as a starter.  He showed good improvement in his abilities, especially his defensive abilities, and I would consider probably our most talented CD at this point. 

Alfie Watkins (2024), 19 Years Old, Goalkeeper: He finally got to play – he played in 3 Games, and did quite well, registering 2 Clean Sheets and 6.90 AR.  If Lalite lets his contract wind down and leaves on Free Transfer, Watkins is next in line and is his natural replacement, so it was encouraging to see him play well.  He also progressed very well in his abilities this year, as well – my thinking is that he is preparing himself to take over in two years time!

Adam Laing (2025), 18 Years Old, Central Defender:  The young Irish defender made his debut the clug this season, appearing in 2 Games.  Given his ability to play at left-back as well as CD, he will probably be afforded more playing time next season, as he looks like he’s ready to contribute and has more skills now than Vince Jackson.  My coaching staff like him a lot. 

Nelson Peres (2025), 18 Years Old, Left Winger: After the sale of Marcus Clarke, Peres was thrown into the starting lineup with almost no warning.  He had not yet played for the club before this season, but ended up playing in 43 Games, registering 4 Goals, 5 Assists, 1.98 TpG, 75% Pass Ratio, 1.07 DpG, and 6.72 AR.  Encouragingly, he showed really good improvements in his abilities, and my coaching staff think he has the talent to be a good winger at this level, potentially. 

John Cooper (2026), 17 Years Old, Striker/Central Midfielder: Despite having the skill-set of a striker, when Joseph Oliseh was sold in the middle of the season by the board, I decided to have Cooper – who was comfortable playing at CM – try his luck at the position for the rest of the season.  He played in 25 Appearances (15 Starts), registering 6 Goals, 2 Assists, 78% Pass Ratio, and 6.95 AR, so it was not all that bad.  Once he started getting regular playing time, his attributes started improving very fast, and if he keeps up this pace of improvement, he is going to be one of our most skilled players before long. 

Louie Weir (2026), 17 Years Old, Right Defender: I liked what I saw from Weir’s debut season – when Garrard went down with an injury, Weir took his place in the starting lineup and responded well.  In total, he played in 11 Games, registering 3.47 TpG and 6.81 AR, showing consistency that is rare to find in players his age.  He is also adept at playing at CD, so he has useful versatility that could end up helping him when it comes to getting playing time. 

Jim Yuill (2026), 17 Years Old, Right Winger: Yuill led the league with 18 Assists in his rookie year – that is the kind of talent this young winger has.  In 41 Appearances, he also registered 4 Goals, 2.04 TpG, 79% Pass Ratio, 1.22 DpG, and 6.94 AR, which I would consider a fantastic rookie season in a demanding position.  He showed constant and steady improvement in his abilities throughout the year, even improving on his already ridiculous speed and pace.  Honestly, with the way my board sells our players, I don’t expect we will get to hang on to him much longer – he is too talented not to start attracting big offers.

YOUTH INTAKE

fLDra9.jpg

S9RxA1.jpg

For the past few years, we have gotten very strong Intakes, and this year was no different.  Ryan Jones was slotted into the first team immediately, and all the highlighted prospects above have a chance to be contributors to the first team.  We still lack the CM we are coveting, especially with the sale of Oliseh, but this Intake will definitely be useful.  Both Demby and Bettinelli look capable of playing well at this level incase of injury or players leaving, which adds to the depth of the squad.  

YOUTH CLASS REVIEW

2018/19: Benjamin Olisema made a number of substitute appearances this year, so he remains part of the first team.  Emmanuel Adu seems to have found a home with Grimsby, playing well for them in the League One and registering 5 Goals, 6 Assists, and 6.86 AR.  TOP PLAYERS: Emmanuel Adu, Benjamin Olisema

2019/20: The only two players not retired from this class are Sam Rodon and Niall Jackson.  While Rodon remains one of our most indispensable players, this was probably Jackson’s last season with us, as I do not think I will be renewing his contract.  TOP PLAYERS: Sam Rodon

2020/21: Widely considered our weakest Intake, even the best player from it (Adam Burgon) is no longer part of the team’s plans.  There is no one else of note.  TOP PLAYERS: Adam Burgon

2021/22: Both Rhys Lalite and Anthony Garrard have become very important starters for us.  The other top prospect from the ’22 Youth Class, Kyle Connolly, spent another season on loan – this time with League Two team Fylde – and does not look like he has much of a future with the club that bought him from us, Brentford. TOP PLAYERS: Kyle Connolly, Rhys Lalite, Anthony Garrard

2022/23: What was initially a promising ’23 Youth Class has disappointed – the only player to break into the starting lineup has been CD Mike Rigby.  The other prospects have not improved as they should have and have been underwhelming.  Other than Rigby, no one has the look of being a contributor going forward.  TOP PLAYERS: Mike Rigby, Sam Beresford, Bevon Daley

2023/24: The board have now sold two of our prospects from the ’24 Youth Class – Jonathan Sheckleford to Bristol City for £825K, and Joseph Oliseh to Milwall for £950K.  But this class is so deep, we still have two players in the starting lineup in Mike Beverley and Gary Bowen, and two other players in the first team rotation in GK Alfie Watkins and winger Roberto Santos.  So far, this has been our most talented and influential youth intake.  TOP PLAYERS: Jonathan Sheckleford, Joseph Oliseh, Gary Bowen, Mike Beverley, Alfie Watkins

2024/25: Marcus Clarke was sold for £2.4M at the beginning of the season, but was replaced in the starting lineup by another member of the ’25 Youth Class in Nelson Peres, who is currently the only player from this Intake in the starting lineup.  Adam Laing is probably the most talented player from this class to still be at the club, although he might have some difficulty breaking finding consistent playing time just yet.  TOP PLAYERS: Marcus Clarke, Adam Laing

2025/26: This has been an impressive Intake so far – Jim Yuill looks like a star in the making, and we have a few prospects that have already started making an impression with the first team.  John Cooper actually spent half the season starting at CM, while Louie Weir was a back-up at right-back and played well when called upon.  So far, it does not look like anyone outside of those three will be talented enough to make it into the first team, but all the prospects are still young so there is time for that to change.  TOP PLAYERS: Jim Yuill, John Cooper, Louie Weir

14 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Sucks to lose key prospects, but at least finances are solid and your academy is already at a level to replace them.

Yes, the Academy is doing great - I just wish the board would give me a chance to actually benefit from these prospects!

I honestly do not know what to do at this point - no team in real life would gut their team like this, especially considering our finances are fine.  How can you continuously sell your best players for such small amounts? This season is too much - 3 players?  This is beyond frustrating.

HJqEEb.jpg

14 minutes ago, abulezz said:

I honestly do not know what to do at this point - no team in real life would gut their team like this, especially considering our finances are fine.  How can you continuously sell your best players for such small amounts? This season is too much - 3 players?  This is beyond frustrating.

HJqEEb.jpg

If you set the asking price for a player really low, for example 100k, you will only get offers with that amount, and never over. That way the board will never accept the offer over your head. It's kind of a way to cheat the system, and I don't know if that is something you want. But I've done it in the past with players I really want to keep.

I really enjoy your save!

Edited by DølleDøkk

1 hour ago, DølleDøkk said:

If you set the asking price for a player really low, for example 100k, you will only get offers with that amount, and never over. That way the board will never accept the offer over your head. It's kind of a way to cheat the system, and I don't know if that is something you want. But I've done it in the past with players I really want to keep.

I really enjoy your save!

I am totally going to try this, lol.  I am so tired of getting my players sold. 

SEASON REVIEW 2027/20208

TEAM REVIEW

The board went out of its way to make my job as hard as can be this season – they sold star striker Gary Bowen at the beginning of the season and continued their sabotage of the team by selling our finest prospect (right winger Jim Yuill) and starting defender Mike Beverley during the January window.  Hence, the team was faced with continuous struggle and uncertainty during the second half the of the season, which ended with us actually dropping a spot from last year, going down to 16th Place from 15th. 

Offensively, we still managed to keep up our good form thanks to Hodges fantastic season (again), but Beverley was one of our most important players defensively, and his sale shook the entire line.  We ended up as the 21st worst defensive team in the league again, but we were doing a lot better in the first half of the season with Beverley.  Unfortunately, once he was sold, the whole line became inconsistent, leading to several mind-boggling breakdowns that cost us points. 

The good news is our Youth Academy is on fire – it produced a striker prospect that is easily the best it has ever given us.  He is the type that can change the direction of the team singlehandedly – I already know he is too good for us, so the hope is he can give us a few good seasons before leaving us.  There was no further investment this year, however, despite the sales – the board kept saying financial constraints are to blame, so the facilities level stayed the same.

nYAloM.jpg

IkoJyh.jpg

FrdWRl.jpg

e52G6R.jpg

g09KUk.jpg

KEY PLAYERS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Lewis Hodges (2018), 26 Years Old, Striker:  Another season, another Kafra Player of the Year.  The captain is unparalleled when it comes to his influence on the team, both on and off the pitch.  He played in all 46 Games, registering a league-high 26 Goals, 9 Assists, 4 PoMs, 81% Pass Ratio, 46% Shot Target, and 7.23 AR, up from 7.18 AR last season.  He is now beginning to enter his prime years, so he should be delivering the best numbers of his career the coming next few years.  He’s never had the best Finishing numbers, but he’s always found ways to score in bundles – 279 League Goals in 437 Appearances can attest to that.  Legend. Rating: 8.5/10

DEFENSE

Rhys Lalite (2022), 22 Years Old, Goalkeeper:  He went from not even wanting to think about staying with the club to happily signing a new contract – I am not complaining, though!  He has been vital to the team the past few years, and this season was probably his best yet.  In 46 Appearances, he registered 1.63 Con/90 and 10 Clean Sheets, along with a career-high 6.99 AR – this was also the first time he won a PoM, finishing the season with 2 of them.  He has been a starter for us for six seasons now, and he probably ranks amongst the most talented GKs in the League One.  Rating: 7/10

Mike Rigby (2023), 21 Years Old, Central Defender:  He’s not the most talented player on this team, but he is definitely one of the hardest working.  The overachieving defender played in 41 Games, registering 2 Assists, 1.95 TpG, and a career-high 6.90 AR – his 75 Key Headers and 164 Interceptions were both 4th in the League One, while his 57 Shots Blocked was second only to his former teammate Mike Beverley.  Given his lack of improvement in attributes over the last couple of years, it is clear he will not develop into a player capable of giving us the form we need at a higher level, but right now, considering how weak our defensive line is, I appreciate how hard he works for us. Rating: 7/10

Anthony Garrard (2022), 22 Years Old, Right Defender/Central Midfielder:  As with the rest of the defensive line, Garrard was actually having a decent season until the January window, when Beverley was sold and the line lost its way.  In 40 Games, he registered 2.14 TpG and 6.70 AR, down from 6.79 AR last season.  He has great Physical stats, but is mediocre in everything else.  He really is more suited for the CM position, but we currently have no one better to step in and fill in at right-back, and we have more talented players at CM than Garrard.  Rating: 6/10

MIDFIELD

Sam Rodon (2020), 23 Years Old, Central Midfield: Rodon is probably our most durable player – he has played in every game the last three straight seasons, and has missed only two games in the last five seasons.  In his 46 Appearances this year, he registered 4 Goals, 4 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.40 TpG, 84% Pass Ratio, and 6.84 AR, down from 6.92 AR last season.  It was a tougher season that usual for Rodon, who was paired with rookie Howell after the sale of rising star Oliseh, but he still managed to deliver a good season for us.  I’d like to see him break the 7.00 AR mark, but considering how well-rounded his stats are across the board, I really have nothing to complain about when it comes to our vice-captian.  Rating: 6.5/10

ATTACK

Check out HOT PROSPECTS.

HOT PROSPECTS

Adam Laing (2025), 19 Years Old, Central Defender:  Thrown into the starting lineup after the Mike Beverley sale, he did a decent job given the difficult  task.  In 25 Appearances, he registered 1.65 TpG and 6.85 AR, enroute to earning his first 2 U21 Caps for Ireland.  He has got a hold on the starting position at CD alongside Rigby going into next season thanks to his solid form, and if he keeps it up – along with his encouraging improvement in his abilities – he could be our best defender before long. 

Roberto Santos (2024), 19 Years Old, Right Winger: Put into the starting lineup after the sale of Jim Yuill, Santos did not disappoint – in 34 Appearances (22 Starts), he registered 3 Goals, 4 Assists, 1 PoM, 1.61 TpG, 76% Pass Ratio, 1.56 DpG, and 6.91 AR. While quick, his skill-set is nothing to get excited about, and I cant imagine he will improve drastically enough to be our long term answer at right wing, but he did just fine for us this season.

Nelson Peres (2025), 19 Years Old, Left Winger: Peres was much better in his second year as our starter at left wing than his first – replacing Marcus Clarke was a tough task, but he has managed to turn it around and give us an acceptable season.  In 41 Appearances, he registered 6 Goals, 9 Assists, 5 PoMs, 1.93 TpG, 75% Pass Ratio, 1.09 DpG, 56% Shot Target, and 6.93 AR, up from 6.72 AR.  He has the kind of speed that I love in wingers, but he has also shown good improvement in other important categories, such as Technical attributes.  My coaching staff maintain that he has the potential to be a good winger at this level in the near future. 

John Cooper (2026), 18 Years Old, Striker/Central Midfielder: At one point early in the season, Cooper was the League One’s leading scorer! Then, he completely disappeared – in fact, only 2 of his 14 Goals came after January 1st.  Unluckily for him, I gave his starting position to our new Intake prospect from the Kafra Youth Academy through no fault of his own – he finished the season with 14 Goals, 7 Assists, 4 PoMs, 77% Pass Ratio, 58% Shot Target, and 7.03 AR in 39 Games.  He was really focused in training – his improvements across the attribute board were impressive.  He is versatile, and that makes him my first choice off the bench at both the Striker and the CM positions. 

Louie Weir (2026), 18 Years Old, Right Defender: It was a bit of a rough sophomore season for Weir, as his 6.62 AR was a significant drop from 6.81 AR in his rookie year.  He played in 19 Games as a backup for Garrard at right-back, as well as some coverage at CD.  My coaching staff still have him rated at 5/5 PA, but he was slightly disappointing in training this year, as his attributes did show some improvement but not too much. 

Terry Howell (2027), 17 Years Old, Central Midfield/Left Defender: He came from the Kafra Youth Academy as a left-back and 4/5 PA, but by the end of his rookie season, he was our starting CM and at 5/5 PA.  Jones might yet still be the most talented player in the ’27 Youth Class, but Howell has been our most influential thus far, stepping up big to replace Oliseh in the starting lineup.  He played in all 46 Games in his rookie year, registering 4 Goals, 10 Assists, 13 Chances Created (Best on team), 1.07 TpG, 77% Pass Ratio, and 6.98 AR.  What was most impressive about him was his passing ability – his 94 Key Passes led the league, and his 2,428 Passes Completed was second on the team.  He adapted to his new position very quickly, and his dedication in training was second to none.  This is the type of player I love – hard-working, dedicated, and over-achieving. 

Ryan Jones (2027), 17 Years Old, Left Defender:  It was a decent rookie year from Jones – he came out highly touted from the Kafra Youth Academy, and has done nothing to prove the scouts wrong.  In 43 Appearances, he registered 1.82 TpG 75% Pass Ratio, and 6.67 AR – had some trouble find consistency in his form, but he did deliver some real gems, as well.  He also showed some good improvements in his attributes – he improved on his already impressive Mental stats, and his Defensive stats showed a nice uptick, too. 

Dan Demby (2027), 17 Years Old, Striker:  He didn’t make any Starts, but he did play in 34 Games in his rookie year, registering 2 Goals, 3 Assists, 1.35 TpG, 80% Pass Ratio, and 6.78 AR.  He did decent in terms of improving on his attributes, but I would like to see more of a push next season considering he got substantial playing time.

YOUTH INTAKE

efr3f5.jpg

RXLJ97.jpg

Curtis Slone is my new hero! I threw him into the starting lineup immediately, and he rewarded me with 11 Goals in 10 Games.  He is leaps and bounds ahead of everyone on the team in terms of talent, but I am going to have to find a solution for that Low Determination in order to aid his development.  Like the ’27 Intake, this is a deep one – there are several players that look like they could contribute.  Very excited about this particular Youth Class.

dUC8xh.jpg

YOUTH CLASS REVIEW

2018/19: Emmanuel Adu did well for Grimsby in the League Two this year, registering 7 Goals, 8 Assists, and 7.00 AR in 38 Appearances.  With Benjamin Olisema pretty much out the rotation, Adu is the only player of relevance left from the ’19 Youth Class. TOP PLAYERS: Emmanuel Adu, Benjamin Olisema

2019/20: Sam Rodon is the only player of note from the ’20 Youth Class.  The only other player still in football is Niall Jackson, who left on Free Transfer and joined Vanarama South club Dorchester.  TOP PLAYERS: Sam Rodon

2021/22:  Rhys Lalite and Anthony Garrard have become important members of the Kafra first team, with Lalite in particular becoming indispensable at the GK position.  The only other player of note to come out of this Intake, Kyle Connolly, remains with Brentford but failed to make an appearance for them this year. TOP PLAYERS: Kyle Connolly, Rhys Lalite, Anthony Garrard

2022/23: An Intake that promised much in terms of potential, it failed to live up to it and ended up being a disappointment.  Out of all the prospects, only one – Mike Rigby – is currently a member of the first team’s rotation, with the only other player contributing being left winger Derek Phillips, who is a substitute.  TOP PLAYERS: Mike Rigby

2023/24: An outstanding Intake that continues to produce quality players, with the latest addition to the first team’s rotation being Roberto Santos, who took over as starting right winger for the club.  The ’24 Youth Class has produced two good strikers in Jonathan Sheckleford and Gary Bowen, both of which were sold, unfortunately.  Sheckleford was sold to Bristol City for £825K but failed to make an Appearance this season for them, while Bowen was sold to Raith for £1.1M at the beginning of this season.  They were not the only players from this Intake to be sold – Joseph Oliseh, who was doing great for us at CM, was sold in the middle of last year to Millwall for £950K, and Mike Beverley was let go to Sheffield United for £1.3M in the middle of this season.  In total, this Intake has netted the club almost £4M overall, although I would rather keep some of the players than having sold them.  That has left only Santos and No.2 GK Alfie Watkins as part of our first team, which is a shame considering how talented this Intake was.  TOP PLAYERS: Jonathan Sheckleford, Joseph Oliseh, Gary Bowen, Mike Beverley, Alfie Watkins, Roberto Santos

2024/25: The star prospect from the ’25 Youth Class was Marcus Clarke, who was sold for £2.4M after just one season with the club.  Still, the Intake has netted us two starters in CD Adam Laing and left winger Nelson Peres.  This Intake wasn’t as deep as other recent Intakes, but hopefully it has netted us some quality players.  TOP PLAYERS: Marcus Clarke, Adam Laing, Nelson Peres

2025/26: It’s still early days, but it seems pretty evident who the top prospects are and who will be a contributor going forward.  The jewel of the ’26 Youth Class is obviously Jim Yuill, so naturally my board decided to sell him for £1.7M in the middle of the season.  John Cooper was a worthy starter at striker for most of the season, while Louie Weir has become our No.2 at the right-back position.  Outside of these three, however, only Berkley Oyenuga has any chance of making an impact, and even he is unlikely to do so. TOP PLAYERS: Jim Yuill, John Cooper, Louie Weir

2026/27: The ’27 Youth Class is a deep class, that is its obvious quality.  But it has already produced two starters for us, as well – one of them was highly touted and known (Ryan Jones), and the other learned a whole new position at CM in his rookie year and went from 4/5 PA to 5/5 PA and became one of the stars of the team (Terry Howell).  Striker Dan Demby has already become part of the rotation, while right winger Mitchell Castle and striker Reece Jones both made their debuts in their rookie years.  GK Dean Bettinelli, although he hasn’t played yet, is ranked at 5/5 PA from the coaching staff, so they obviously consider him a top prospect for us.  There is a lot to be excited about in this Intake – hopefully, everyone will live up to their potential. 

Edited by abulezz

8 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

That's a very good player! Hopefully he still develops since I find that those kind of players peak early.

Even if he ends up peaking early, or his attributes not changing at all, he still is the most talented player on the team - he is that good.  I put him in the starting lineup right away, and he was phenomenal right off the bat.

23 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Jesus Christ Slone.

Couldn't have put it better myself, lol. 

Just read up on this. Good work!

Slone looks out of this world for this level, hopefully you can hang on to him.

54 minutes ago, Sysiphus said:

Just read up on this. Good work!

Slone looks out of this world for this level, hopefully you can hang on to him.

Hey, thanks for reading!

This season will show us if his Low Determination will get in the way of development, but in any case, he is talented enough to do wonders for us. 

SEASON REVIEW 2028/2029

TEAM REVIEW

An awesome season from start to finish.  The maturity in the squad is starting to come through as my players start getting older, and with that comes consistency and victories.  We were outstanding offensively – in addition to Hodges, we had Slone, who gave us a fantastic rookie season up front.  Our biggest catalyst, however, was our defense – our improvements in the back allowed us to earn a surprising promotion.  The talent level in the backline has risen considerably over the past few years, and with their age growth so does their strength and mental attributes grow.  That consistent form in the back allowed our offense to win games for us by simply outscoring our opponents, which in turn made us one of the best teams in the League One this season – we finished as the 2nd best offense and an acceptable 13th best defense. 

3HYToI.jpg

SU7plj.jpg

qMfoIO.jpg

cpfVPs.jpg

7dAXOp.jpg

KEY PLAYERS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Lewis Hodges (2018), 27 Years Old, Striker: Kafra Player of the Year, League One Top Goalscorer, League One Team of the Year, and now proud owner of the new League One Average Rating record, having registered 7.41 AR this season.  He played in all 46 Games, registering a league-leading 29 Goals, 12 Assists, 6 PoMs, 84% Pass Ratio, and the 7.41 AR that is now a new League One record.  Really, there is no words that can be said that would overstate his influence and importance to the team currently.  Not only is he our captain and our greatest ever player, but he is also a dynamo on the pitch, capable of winning games by himself.  He is the main reason we won an automatic promotion, and long may he stay scoring goals! Just after the season was done, he signed a record new contract with us that will pay him £10K per week, the richest in club history. Rating: 10/10

DEFENSE

Rhys Lalite (2022), 23 Years Old, Goalkeeper:  After years of complaining about leaving for a bigger club, Lalite now complains about wanting to sign a new contract – progress!  He was just what we needed, again, for us between the posts this year – he played in all 46 Games, registering 1.50 Con/90 (career-high), 9 Clean Sheets, and 6.96 AR.  He is considered a leading League One GK by my coaching staff, although I have no doubts about him being more than capable of doing well at the Championship level.  He has probably reached his limit in terms of ability, but what we have right now will do fine for the new few years.  Rating: 7/10

Mike Rigby (2023), 22 Years Old, Central Defender:  He might not look like much, but the Cyprus international (21 Caps/1 Goal) has become one of my favorite players.  The perennial over-achiever, he played in 41 Games registering 3 Goals, 3 Assists, 1.38 TpG, and 7.05 AR (career-high).  He also was 4th in the league with 76 Key Headers, 10th with 150 Interceptions, and actually led the league with 47 Shots Blocked.  He performed above and beyond my expectations, and although he is not one of the more talented players on the team, he is definitely one of the hardest working.  Rating: 7/10

Adam Laing (2025), 20 Years Old, Central Defender:  Laing did well in his first full year as a starter for us, and his strong play helped improve our defense substantially.  In 43 Appearances, he registered 4 Goals, 4 Assists, 1.49 TpG, and 7.00 AR – I think that might be the most impressive first starting season from any defender we have had thus far this save.  My coaching staff say he is a Championship level defender, and if he continues to improve and not peak at his current level, there is no reason he shouldn’t be.  His performances this year led him to be named in the League One Team of the Year.  Rating: 7/10

MIDFIELD

Sam Rodon (2020), 24 Years Old, Central Midfield: This was a solid season from Rodon, although for the first time in several years, he actually became part of a rotation as opposed to an immediate starter – 10 of his 42 Appearances came as a Substitute.  Still, it served him well – he registered 3 Goals, 6 Assists, 2 PoMs, 88% Pass Ratio (11th in Leage), and 6.99 AR, which was a career-high and up from 6.84 AR last year.  He has now played in 400+ League Games for us, a testament to his durability, and his importance to the club is unquestioned, which is why he is our new vice-captain.  Rating: 7/10

Nelson Peres (2025), 20 Years Old, Left Winger: The League One Assists leader with 15, Peres was exactly what we needed from our left winger this season.  In 41 Appearances, he registered 8 Goals, 15 Assists, 4 PoMs, 2.46 TpG, 78% Pass Ratio, and 7.01 AR – not only was he one of the most potent threats down the wings in the League One this season, but he contributed significantly defensively when we didn’t have the ball.  His strengths lay in his Physical and Speed abilities, but he has gotten better in the other abilities, as well.  My coaching staff have downgraded his PA to 4/5, and he probably isn’t the long term solution for us at left wing, but he is doing just fine for now. Rating: 7/10

Roberto Santos (2024), 20 Years Old, Right Winger: Perhaps the largest drop in terms of opinion of my coaching staff, he went from 5/5 PA to 3.5/5 PA.  Still, he delivered a relatively sold season – in 37 Appearances, he registered 8 Goals, 8 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.50 TpG, 2.20 DpG, and 7.01 AR.  The problem with Santos is his complete lack of improvement – his attributes have been stagnant for the past couple of years, leading me to believe his abilities have peaked.  We have some prospects I am thinking of experimenting with at right wing, but given how consistent he was this year, I am hesitant to change too much in our first season in the Championship, so he may be our starter again next season.  Rating: 7/10

ATTACK

Check out HOT PROSPECTS.

HOT PROSPECTS

John Cooper (2026), 19 Years Old, Striker/Central Midfielder: Cooper spent time at both the Striker and CM positions this season, playing in 29 Games and registering 9 Goals, 5 Assists, 3 PoMs, 79% Pass Ratio, and 7.11 AR.  Obviously, his skill-set is that of a striker, but he played well when I slotted him at CM, mostly to give Rodon a rest.  His Finishing and overall Attacking abilities need some work, but he has fantastic speed and his Physical attributes are well-rounded. 

Louie Weir (2026), 19 Years Old, Right Defender: Just before the season started, I decided to name Weir as my starting right-back instead of Garrard, and the experiment succeeded.  Our defense became much improved, and in his first year as starter, Weir played better than Garrard’s finest year.  In 41 Appearances, he registered 3 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.73 TpG, and 6.83 AR, compared to the 6.70 AR Garrard gave me last year.  He improved a lot, as well, showing good progress across the board.  I would like to see his Defensive skills get better, but he has good pace and showed good consistency in his form. 

Terry Howell (2027), 18 Years Old, Central Midfield/Left Defender: I love Howell – he came out of the Kafra Youth Academy unheralded, and has now become possibly the best player in the ’27 Youth Class in just two short years.  He came in as a left-back but learned the CM position quickly and has now made it his.  In 44 Appearances, he registered 3 Goals, 10 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.63 TpG, 82% Pass Ratio, and 7.17 AR – more tellingly, he led the league with both 79 Key Passes and 16 Chances Created, a testament to how efficient he is with his passing.  He was one of the three Kafra players to be named in the League One Team of the Year and was the youngest player in the entire selection.

Ryan Jones (2027), 18 Years Old, Left Defender:  An impressive sophomore effort from Jones, who plays in a difficult position in my system.  In 43 Appearances, he registered 1.86 TpG, 78% Pass Ratio, and 6.86 AR, a very good improvement from 6.67 AR during his rookie year.  My coaching staff consider him one of the best players on the team already and say that he is a potential Premier League level left-back in the future, which is very encouraging.  He is developing nicely. 

Dan Demby (2027), 18 Years Old, Striker:  He had 21 Appearances, all as a Substitute, but failed to score a goal.  No matter, because he came along nicely in training and is improving fast.  He still carries a 5/5 PA, and my coaching staff are a big fan of his.

Reece Jonas (2027), 18 Years Old, Striker:  Filling in for Santos when the right winger went down with an injury, Jonas did a fantastic job in his 7 Appearances, all as Starts.  He registered 1 Goal, 1 Assist, 1 PoM, 1.17 TpG, 1.17 DpG, and 7.16 AR.  He did not feature outside of those 7 Starts, but given how good he was when called upon, I am going to have to see if I can find him some more playing time. 

Curtis Slone (2028), 17 Years Old, Striker:  It is not a coincidence that we got promoted during Slone’s rookie season, as the young striker was outstanding.  In 39 Appearances, he registered 25 Goals, 6 Assists, 4 PoMs, 76% Pass Ratio, 59% Shot Target, and 7.17 AR, which were fantastic numbers for his first season.  What I would have liked to see was more development in terms of his attributes, as he was a bit stagnant in that respect, but given how talented he is already, he still made a huge impression on the team.  Easily our most talented prospect, possibly ever. 

James Redmond (2028), 17 Years Old, Central Defender:  An influx of CD prospects meant tough competition for playing time, but Redmond ended up playing the most thanks to his ability to also play left-back.  He played in 21 Games, registering 1.89 TpG and 6.77 AR – decent numbers for his rookie season.  My coaching staff have not set a limit on his potential yet, but they have said they believe him to be capable of becoming a Premier League level defender. 

Tony Armitage (2028), 17 Years Old, Right/Left Defender: Able to naturally play both full-back positions, that versatility will definitely come in handy with Armitage can continue to develop his attributes.  He made 6 Substitute Appearances, registering 6.77 AR, but his attribute development was not impressive.  He will have to do better in his sophomore year in training.    

Steven Smith (2028), 17 Years Old, Central Defender:  Has not made his debut yet, but developed well physically this season.  Good Defensive abilities and decent in the air, he looks like he could be a player than contribute to the rotation sooner rather than later. 

Dan Ellis (2028), 17 Years Old, Central Defender:  Part of the influx of talented CD prospects, he has yet to make his debut.  Also a natural at the right-back position, he is one to watch. 

Jamie Hickman (2028), 17 Years Old, Central Defender: Perhaps the least naturally talented of the CD prospects, he nonetheless does have some decent potential.  Decent Defensive skills and a good Speed are good building blocks for his development.

YOUTH INTAKE

PDOtbJ.jpg

mCHVFz.jpg

After a few years of deep, top of the line Intakes, we were due for a shallow, disappointing one, and it finally came in 2029.  This is not to say it is completely void of potential – Foyston and Nartey could very well end up developing into quality players.  But outside of those two, there is nothing else to consider, and even those two might not work out.  No complaints, however – not after the run we had the last few years developing special talent!

sRMBJv.jpg

YOUTH CLASS REVIEW

2018/19: Emmanuel Adu joined Wrexham in the Vanarama National on Free this year, and did well for them.  Benjamin Olisema played in 9 Games for Kafra, but has fallen out of the rotation.  They are the only two players from the ’19 Youth Class left in the game.  TOP PLAYERS: Emmanuel Adu (at 26 years old), Benjamin Olisema

2019/20: Sam Rodon is the only player of note from the ’20 Youth Class.  The only other player still in football is Niall Jackson, who left on Free Transfer and joined Vanarama South club Dorchester.  TOP PLAYERS: Sam Rodon

2021/22: The most important player to come out of the ’22 Youth Class has easily been our current No.1 GK, Rhys Lalite.  Anthony Garrard, while still a member of the first team rotation, lost his starting spot this year to a more talented young player.  The only other player of note is Kyle Connolly, a striker who was sold by the board.  TOP PLAYERS: Kyle Connolly (at 23 years old), Rhys Lalite, Anthony Garrard

2022/23: Mike Rigby has been the only player to play up to/exceed expectations from the ’23 Youth Class – everyone else, while holding much hope, has fizzled out and underachieved.  TOP PLAYERS: Mike Rigby

2023/24:  The ’24 Youth Class is still ranked as the deepest, and has netted the club over £4M in sales.  Out of the players that still remain at the club, however, only Santos has made it to the starting eleven.  TOP PLAYERS: Jonathan Sheckleford, Joseph Oliseh, Gary Bowen, Mike Beverley, Alfie Watkins, Roberto Santos

2024/25: Nelson Peres replaced another member of the ’25 Youth Class – Marcus Clarke – in the starting lineup after Clarke was sold, making it two starters from the Intake.  The most talented player has probably been Adam Laing, the Irish CD who had a good season for us.  TOP PLAYERS: Marcus Clarke, Adam Laing, Nelson Peres

2025/26: Yuill is the ’26 Youth Class’ best product, but he was sold by the board.  Still, John Cooper and Louie Weir have both developed into important members of the first team, with the latter earning himself the starting spot at right-back.  TOP PLAYERS: Jim Yuill, John Cooper, Louie Weir

2026/27: A talented group of players have come out of the ’27 Youth Class, led by the previously unheralded Terry Howell, who has become a starter for us at CM and one of our finest players despite his young age.  He is joined by Ryan Jones in the starting lineup – the left-back also had a good season and might just yet end up as the most talented player from this Intake.  Dan Demby has shown a lot of talent at the striker position, and players such as Mitchell Castle and Reece Jonas are carving out a role for themselves in the rotation.  If any Intake is going to challenge the ’24 Youth Class as the greatest, it will be this one thus far.  TOP PLAYERS: Terry Howell, Ryan Jones, Dan Demby, Reece Jonas

2027/28: The ’28 Youth Class has also proven to be a relatively deep one, but what it has also given us is probably our greatest prospect yet in striker Curtis Slone.  His rookie season was phenomenal, and hopefully he will be able to build on it.  The CD position got a heavy influx of prospects from this Intake – James Redmond, Dan Ellis, Steven Smith, and Jamie Hickman are all potential first teamers, while Tony Armitage can play at either full-back position.  TOP PLAYERS: Curtis Slone, James Redmond

SEASON REVIEW 2029/2030

TEAM REVIEW

First year in the Championship, and I must say it went better than expected.  I have my Youth Academy to thank for that – it has netted us a number of Championship and even Premier League caliber players over the past few years, and that definitely made my life easier.  Our defense was, as expected, close to shambolic, but we actually weren’t the worst in the league (22nd out of 24), so there is reason for optimism.  Additionally, our defenders were not horrible individually, so maybe they can figure it out and actually end up forming a decent back-line.  Our strength was, again, our offense – our strikers both netted 20+ Goals, with Slone coming in as joint Top Goalscorer of the Championship, while our wing play was up to Championship standard.  Together, they formed the 2nd best offense in the league, and it was the reason we were able to comfortably stay out of the relegation zone, finishing in an impressive 12th Place.

The board accepted my proposals to improve both Youth Recruitment and our Training Facilities this season, investing £725K in the latter.  They also decided to expand the Kafra Stadium at the cost of £4.6M – once work is complete in 6 months, the stadium will increase almost 4,000 seats to 13,260 capacity.  Given the investments listed, we are obviously doing well financially, although the player contracts are starting to get large very quickly!

re39sp.jpg

k6oLA2.jpg

iSXpgh.jpg

3Qn5gt.jpg

bUBdCl.jpg

KEY PLAYERS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Curtis Slone (2028), 18 Years Old, Striker: The first time in eight years that a player other than Lewis Hodges wins the Kafra Player of the Year, Slone was joint Top Goalscorer of the Championship this year, and his 16 Chances Created were also tied for top in the league.  In his sophomore year, Slone played in 45 Games, registering 23 Goals, 11 Assists, 3 PoMs, 79% Pass Ratio, 1.06 DpG, 58% Shot Target, and 7.15 AR.  He had slight improvements in all important attributes this year, but the most important progress was made in his Determination – his personality changed from Low Determination to Balanced, which, while not ideal, was good progress.  The other important piece of information was that Slone actually signed a new contract with us – he won’t be leaving!  He is easily the most talented player on the squad, and big things are expected of him going forward.  Rating: 9/10

DEFENSE

Rhys Lalite (2022), 24 Years Old, Goalkeeper: He is one of the most important players on the team, and the fact that we have someone who is reliable and capable between the posts for us makes things a lot better for us.  He played in every game for the third straight season, registering 1.67 Con/90 and 6.98 AR, so his standards did not fall at all despite moving up to a more challenging league.  He signed a new contract, as well, and he now gets paid £10K per week, a sum I feel he thoroughly deserves.  My coaching staff think he is now playing close to his full potential, but comparing him to other GKs in the Championship, he is just as talented as some of the better ones.  Rating: 7/10

Mike Rigby (2023), 23 Years Old, Central Defender:  The Cyprus international (31 Caps/1 Goal) gave up some playing time to the outstanding prospects we have at the position this season, and that will probably be the trend going forward.  In 34 Appearances, he registered 1.45 TpG, 43 Shots Blocked (2nd on team and in league), 117 Interceptions, and 6.77 AR, which was down significantly from 7.05 AR last year.  He plays in our deepest position, and some of our brightest prospects can no longer be denied – they are simply more talented than Rigby.  Still, his work ethic will ensure he has a spot in the rotation going forward.  Rating: 6/10

Adam Laing (2025), 21 Years Old, Central Defender: The league leader with 48 Shots Blocked, the Irish CD had a pretty decent first year in the Championship.  He dealt with a wrist injury that kept him out of action for a month and half, but still maintained his form after he came back in February.  In 39 Appearances, he registered 1.57 TpG, 119 Interceptions, and 6.84 AR – last season, he registered 7.00 AR.  My staff believe he is very well-suited for Championship level football, and he certainly held his own, so I have no qualms about his ability to perform going forward.  Rating: 6.5/10

Louie Weir (2026), 20 Years Old, Right Defender: Weir was our best performing defender this season, registering 8 Assists, 3 PoMs, 1.98 TpG, 10 Key Tackles (best on team), 119 Interceptions, and 6.86 AR in 41 Appearances.  This was his second full season as starter, and actually improved this year from last year’s 6.83 AR despite moving up to a more challenging league.  The staff believe he is talented enough to become a Premier League level right back, and he has been capped by England’s U20 team.  While his Physical and Speed attributes are good, I would like to see his Defensive abilities improve before I agree with my staff.  Still, I was impressed with the season he had and look forward to further improvements.

MIDFIELD

John Cooper (2026), 20 Years Old, Striker/Central Midfielder: Despite playing in a position that is not suited for his skill-set, Cooper still led the team with 7.15 AR this season, playing beyond my expectation and contributing immensely to the success of the team.  In 42 Appearances, he registered 6 Goals, 11 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.30 TpG, 76% Pass Ratio, 1.11 DpG, and he led the team with 121 Interceptions, 63 Key Passes, 2,017 Passes Completed, and 7.15 AR.  He was truly Mr. Do-it-all for us, amongst the team’s best defensive players as well as offensive.  While Slone was our Player of the Year, I would argue Cooper was our most important player, because I don’t know how well the midfield would have operated without his presence.  Rating: 8/10

Nelson Peres (2025), 21 Years Old, Left Winger: Another strong season from our English/Portuguese left winger, Peres played in all 46 Games, registering 8 Goals, 9 Assists, 3 PoMs, 1.90 TpG, 44 Key Passes, 1.35 DpG, and 7.00 AR.  His Speed and Physical attributes are great, but he has stopped improving when it comes to his Technical abilities, so my conclusion is that he has probably reached his full potential in that department.  He has a challenger for playing time at the left wing position now with another English/Portuguese prospect, Ricardo Marques, coming up through the Youth Academy, so we will see how it plays out next season.  Rating: 7/10

Roberto Santos (2024), 21 Years Old, Right Winger: When you look at his abilities, there is really nothing to be impressed about outside of his Speed, but Santos continues to get the job done.  In 38 Appearances, he registered 10 Goals, 4 Assists, 1.49 TpG, 1.79 DpG, 51% Shot Target, and 7.04 AR, which was up slightly from 7.01 AR.  The move up to the Championship did not phase him at all, and he continued to be a goalscoring threat down the right wing.  Based on his abilities, my staff think he belongs two leagues down from our current level, but if since he is doing well, I am going to ignore them.  Rating: 7/10

Sam Rodon (2020), 26 Years Old, Central Midfield: With the emergence of Cooper, Rodon became the odd man out, losing his starting spot.  The vice-captain was still very much part of the rotation, however, playing in 34 Games (12 Starts), and registering 4 Goals, 4 Assists, 1.73 TpG, 85% Pass Ratio, and 6.94 AR.  Truth be told, he seems a lot more comfortable as a rotation piece as opposed to starter, and has played better over the last two seasons than he has prior to that.  Our most efficient passer, he is also one of those consistent, rarely makes a mistake types, which is a good influence on the team when he is on the pitch.  Rating: 6.5/10

ATTACK

Lewis Hodges (2018), 28 Years Old, Striker – Career[/i]: After seven straight years, Hodges finally gave up the Kafra Player of the Year to his striker partner, Curtis Slone.  That being said, it takes nothing away from the typical great season Hodges delivered – in 46 Appearances, he registered 21 Goals, 9 Assists, 14 Chances Created, 4 PoMs, 81% Pass Ratio, and 7.12 AR.  The only surviving member from the club’s first year, the captain remains the heartbeat of the squad.  He had to give up some starts to I could give some equally talented prospects some playing time this year, but the legend is irreplaceable.  Rating: 8/10

HOT PROSPECTS

Terry Howell (2027), 19 Years Old, Central Midfield/Left Defender: The move up to the Championship and the higher level of football seemed to overwhelm Howell at times this season, and as such his form regressed from last year.  In 44 Appearances, he registered 4 Goals, 1 Assist (down from 10 last season), 2 PoMs, 3.24 TpG, 84% Pass Ratio, and 6.85 AR (down from 7.17 AR).  The effort was still there, and he never stopped working hard, but he just found being consistent in his performances a tougher job than previous years.  Still, there is absolutely no denying that Howell is one of the most important pieces on the squad, and even earned 3 Caps to the U21 English team this year.  He continues to develop at a fantastic pace, and my staff think his potential is that of a Premier League level player. 

Dean Bettinelli (2027), 19 Years Old, Goalkeeper: Yet to make his debut for the club thanks to Lalite’s durability, he replaced Alfie Watkins as our No.2 this season due to his fantastic improvements in his attributes.  The staff think his talents will belong in the Premier League, although he definitely has some ways to go before reaching that level. 

Ryan Jones (2027), 19 Years Old, Left Defender: Along with Weir, Jones was our most impressive defender, and I was impressed with the season he had.  In 45 Appearances, he registered 2 Assists, 1.97 TpG, 75% Pass Ratio, 120 Interceptions, 1,645 Passes Completed (2nd on team), and 6.89 AR, up from 6.86 AR last season.  His improvement has been continuous and strong, as his attributes have increased in all facets of his game.  My staff have him now ranked at 4/5 CA, so they think he is one of the most talented players on the team, and I agree with that conclusion. 

Dan Demby (2027), 19 Years Old, Striker:  I tried to get him as much playing time as I could, and he actually played in 38 Games (17 Starts), registering 5 Goals, 3 Assists, 78% Pass Ratio, 56% Shot Target, and 6.86 AR.  Still, he remains unhappy, which is a problem because my coaching staff think he might be our most talented striker and easily a potential Premier League level player.  He has all the right skills, and I assume with some additional playing time, his attributes are going to get better quickly.  I will continue looking for playing time for him, because I don’t want his potential to go to waste. 

Reece Jonas (2027), 19 Years Old, Striker: I could not find the playing time for Jonas this season – his 4 Appearances (2 Starts) all came at right wing, covering for Santos, even though he is naturally a striker.  Minor improvements in his attributes were made, but I don’t see him becoming more than a potential rotational/back-up player.

James Redmond (2028), 18 Years Old, Central Defender:  He made 8 Appearances (1 Start) this season, and was played relatively well when called upon (1.82 TpG, 6.80 AR).  My staff rate him as a Promising Centre-Back, and he has a good skill-set.  The only problem is that he plays in our deepest position, so that is why playing time might be harder to come by.  

Tony Armitage (2028), 18 Years Old, Right/Left Defender: Spent half the season on loan with Gloucester in the Vanarama National league, playing in 18 Games and registering 1.83 TpG and 6.77 AR.  His versatility is his strong point, as he can play at both full-back positions and even in the center of the defense.  I would like to see better improvements in his attributes, however, as he made minimal progress this year.

Steven Smith (2028), 18 Years Old, Central Defender:  Not only did he make his debut this season, but he pretty much replaced Mike Rigby in the starting lineup.  In 43 Appearances (20 Starts), he registered 1.08 TpG, 90 Interceptions, and 6.87 AR, and in turn solidified his position as a starter in our lineup, I think.  He is young, but my coaching staff already think he is good enough to play in the Championship, and believe he is a Premier League level defender in the near future. 

Dan Ellis (2028), 18 Years Old, Central Defender:  Spent some time with Bristol Rovers on loan this season, playing in 8 Games and registering 1.75 TpG and 6.79 AR.  He is still rated 5/5 PA by my staff, and his ability to play as both CD and RB will be a valued asset.  He has yet to make his debut for Kafra, but if he keeps improving, he might see it come as early as next year. 

Jamie Hickman (2028), 17 Years Old, Central Defender: Another CD/Right-Back hybrid, Hickman actually played in 14 Games (5 Starts) this season, registering 0.95 TpG and 6.86 AR.  He’s got good Defensive skills and good Speed attributes and showed some decent improvement in his Mental attributes as well.  The coaching staff has him at 5/5 PA, so he is one to watch. 

Kwame Nartey (2029), 17 Years Old, Central Defender: Only 1 Substitute Appearance this year for the Ghanaian defender, but he’ll certainly see more next season.  Comfortable playing anywhere on the back-line, I expect big things from Nartey – I hope I am not wrong!

Ben Foyston (2029), 17 Years Old, Striker: My staff have him at 5/5 PA – he was 4.5/5 PA when he came from the Youth Academy, so their opinion of him has grown thanks to his rapid improvement in his attributes.  The problem is that he plays in a relatively deep position for the club – we have a number of talented strikers that are in line for playing time.  Yet to make his debut.

YOUTH INTAKE

oKqaNz.jpg

9wDVdn.jpg

Ricardo Marques looks like he’s going to be a star, and he is an immediate contender for playing time down the left wing.  I love his Technical abilities, and if we can get him to improve on his speed, he is going to be as dangerous as they come.  Josh Vincent is an intriguing player – he has a bunch of unique Player Traits, so I am inclined to believe he could potentially be a special player.  Harvey Nicholls joins a deep and talented GK pool at the club, and I don’t see him being able to make too much of an impression in the next few years.  The rest of the Intake is non-noteworthy. 

iGwHCp.jpg

YOUTH CLASS REVIEW

2028/29: The ’29 Youth Class proved to be our shallowest in years, with only two notable prospects in striker Ben Foyston and defender Kwame Nartey.  Neither prospect has made an impression on the first team yet, although both are still rated very highly by my coaching staff.

2027/28:  The ’28 Youth Class is notable for two things – producing striker Curtis Slone, who looks to be the Academy’s best product ever thus far, and for producing a number of exciting defenders.  Slone was the Kafra Player of the Year, and he is joined in this Intake by new CD starter Steven Smith and other CD prospects James Redmond, Jamie Hickman, Dan Ellis, and full-back Tony Armitage – all of the mentioned are ranked 4.5/5 PA or above.  Additionally, GK Scott Barritt, who has yet to make his debut, is now ranked at 5/5 PA, as well.  In a couple of years, this Intake also become a challenger for best of all-time. TOP PLAYERS: Curtis Slone, Steven Smith, James Redmond, Jamie Hickman, Dan Ellis, Tony Armitage

2026/27:  The ’27 Youth Class has now put a claim forward to challenge the ’24 Class as our most talented ever.  It is led by Terry Howell and Ryan Jones – our starting CM and LB, respectively – and they are joined by Dan Demby (Premier League potential), Reece Jonas, and GK Dean Bettinelli (5/5 PA).  All the notable prospects are still with the club.  TOP PLAYERS: Terry Howell, Ryan Jones, Dan Demby, Reece Jonas

2025/26: John Cooper and Louie Weir, starting at CM and RB, respectively, were amongst the best players on the squad this season.  The only other player of note from the ’26 Youth Class is Jim Yuill – he has now made 9 U21 Caps for England, netted the club £3.2M so far having been sold to Everton, and was a starter in the Premier League this season, registering 4 Goals and 6.63 AR in 27 Appearances.    TOP PLAYERS: Jim Yuill, John Cooper, Louie Weir

2024/25:  Marcus Clarke, Adam Laing, and Nelson Peres are the only players of any note to come out of the ’25 Youth Class.  Clarke, who has now brought the club £2.4M, spent the season on loan (he is a Southampton player) with West Brom in the Championship, playing in 40 Games and registering 16 Goals, 5 Assists, 4 PoMs, and 6.88 AR.   Laing was one of our best defenders, and Peres was our starting left-winger.  TOP PLAYERS: Marcus Clarke, Adam Laing, Nelson Peres

2023/24:  One of our deepest, if not the deepest, Youth Intakes, the ’24 Youth Class features several players playing at the League One level and above.  In fact, Gary Bowen is playing in the Scottish Premier League with Raith, while Mike Beverley made the move to the MLS and spent two seasons with Vancouver.  Roberto Santos is the only prospect from this Intake to still be with the club, and he is doing well as our starting right-winger.   TOP PLAYERS: Jonathan Sheckleford, Joseph Oliseh, Gary Bowen, Mike Beverley, Alfie Watkins, Roberto Santos

2022/23: Mike Rigby has been the only player to play up to/exceed expectations from the ’23 Youth Class – everyone else, while holding much hope, has fizzled out and underachieved.  There is still a number of players in the game from the ’23 Youth Class, but all of them are having mediocre careers in the lower leagues. TOP PLAYERS: Mike Rigby

2021/22: The most important player to come out of the ’22 Youth Class has easily been our current No.1 GK, Rhys Lalite.  Anthony Garrard is still with the club, but has lost his place in the rotation after being a core member in the mid and late 2020s.  Kyle Connolly is still with the club that bought him (Brentford), but has failed to make an impression.  The only other player still in football is Riviere Jules, who was highly touted coming out of the Youth Academy but failed to live up to promise – he is currently with Dorchester.  TOP PLAYERS: Kyle Connolly (at 23 years old), Rhys Lalite, Anthony Garrard

2020/21: Widely considered our weakest Intake, even the best player from it (Adam Burgon) is no longer part of the team’s plans.  There is no one else of note.  TOP PLAYERS: Adam Burgon

2019/20: Sam Rodon is the only player of note from the ’20 Youth Class, and the only one still in football. TOP PLAYERS: Sam Rodon

2018/19: Emmanuel Adu and Benjamin Olisema are the only two players in football from the ’19 Youth Class.  Adu played his second year with Wrexham in the League Two (33 Apps, 7 Goals, 6 Assists, 6.86 AR), while Olisema – still at the club – failed to make an appearance.  The latter will leave on Free Transfer this summer after a meaningful career with the club in which he made 313 Appearances with a 6.68 AR as a Central Defender primarily.  TOP PLAYERS: Emmanuel Adu (at 26 years old), Benjamin Olisema

Wow amazing progress, nice to see you already made it to the championship and are now able to tie your awesome youth players to contracts. I give it 2 more years and you'll be in the Premier league. Especially when they upgrade your training facilities some more. Then you'll see major development of the youth players.

1 hour ago, Torminator said:

Wow amazing progress, nice to see you already made it to the championship and are now able to tie your awesome youth players to contracts. I give it 2 more years and you'll be in the Premier league. Especially when they upgrade your training facilities some more. Then you'll see major development of the youth players.

Honestly, I am loving my save this year.  Things have fallen into place much better than the previous two years - the board, while annoying in its insistence to sell players (thankfully, DolleDok recommended a tactic which I am totally using and its working!), have been super flexible when it comes to Youth development, and I have rarely denied a request for improvement.  This has really helped, as our Intakes have been fantastic.  

37 minutes ago, abulezz said:

Honestly, I am loving my save this year.  Things have fallen into place much better than the previous two years - the board, while annoying in its insistence to sell players (thankfully, DolleDok recommended a tactic which I am totally using and its working!), have been super flexible when it comes to Youth development, and I have rarely denied a request for improvement.  This has really helped, as our Intakes have been fantastic.  

This has all the makings of becoming just as epic as your first edition. I have high hopes that this year the CL title will be yours.

I remember the frustrations from last years and 2 years ago.

4 hours ago, Torminator said:

This has all the makings of becoming just as epic as your first edition. I have high hopes that this year the CL title will be yours.

I remember the frustrations from last years and 2 years ago.

Yea, the past couple of saves have been tough, so I am glad this one has been falling my way so far.  The dream - 4 years and counting - is that CL title! Thanks for following all these years! 

Edited by abulezz

no problem mate, every year its one of my fav careers to follow. Your write ups are great and you have quick updates so I never 'forget about it'.

Im doing a safe with extremadura but im allowed to scout regens so its easier.

57 minutes ago, Torminator said:

Haha Slone is killing it. COME ON Kafra! Bring it home.

He's doing great! Terry Howell is also dominating the midfield - we've gone through a bit of a tough spell in January but we're still in position to fight for a playoff spot currently. 

SEASON REVIEW 2030/2031

TEAM REVIEW

This was one of the most enjoyable seasons I have ever played in any version of FM, I must admit.  In only our second year in the Championship, not only did we win promotion, but we won the actual league.  It was almost perfect – we went from relegation candidates to comfortably winning the Championship, and we did so in fantastic fashion – we had a league best offense and a defense that was reasonably decent.  What made it so enjoyable was seeing how smooth my team flowed while watching them – I play the games on Key Highlights, and seeing my team while attacking looked poetic given how smooth they pushed forward.  Yes, the defense was only 19th best, but that could be credited to the fact we had a number of high-scoring games – when the going got dirty, the defense held together, and we had a number of 2-1 and 3-1 victories that were vital to the success of this campaign.  Slone again led the league in Goals Scored, while Terry Howell was named the Championship Young Player of the Year.  We had a number of players in the Champions Team of the Year, and obviously Kafra Jnoubi was named Manager of the Year.

Our finances took a huge nose-dive this season with the heavy increase in wages, but given that we have now moved to the Premier League, that is not going to be a worry.  Also, the board have decided to build a new stadium since we were selling out the Kafra Stadium, and we will be temporarily moved to Stamford Bridge in the meantime.  Cant wait for our first season in the Premier League.

9nJXYx.jpg

ydozF5.jpg

pHEC71.jpg

GDHsHb.jpg

8Rbe88.jpg

KEY PLAYERS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Curtis Slone (2028), 19 Years Old, Striker: The Kafra Player of the Year and Championship Top Goalscorer for the second consecutive year, Slone has now replaced Hodges as our most talented and influential player on the pitch.  He could do no wrong this year – he played in all 46 Games, registering 31 Goals (Best in league), 10 Assists, 6 PoMs, 74% Pass Ratio, 56% Shot Target, and 7.29 AR, which was the best of his career so far.  He is now our highest valued player at £5.5M, and our best paid player ever with his £14.5K per week salary.  He has been remarkable for us since coming up from the Youth Academy, and there is no doubt that he belongs in the Premier League.  He is a complete beast up front – long may that last.  Rating: 9/10

DEFENSE

Rhys Lalite (2022), 25 Years Old, Goalkeeper: Four years straight of playing every game, and only six games not played in eight years – that feat is remarkable in its own right.  Add his consistency to his durability, and you get one of my most important players on the squad during the past few years.  This season, in those 46 Appearances, he registered 1.67 Con/90 (same as last year), 7 Clean Sheets, and 6.97 AR – his career aver is 6.94 AR.  He has now played in 417 Appearances and he is only 25 years old, and despite the several GK prospects fighting for his place, he remains by and large our finest GK.  In fact, I would rank him amongst the greatest players in Kafra history thus far.  Rating: 7/10

Adam Laing (2025), 22 Years Old, Central Defender: The league leader in Shots Blocked (57) and second only to his teammate Steven Smith in Interceptions (178), the U21 Irish CD was also our most in-form defender this season – in 46 Appearances, he registered 4 Goals, 1.52 TpG, and 7.02 AR, which was a career-high.  The coaching staff believe he is now playing close to his full potential (4/5 CA), and consider him a good player for Championship level football.  His strongest area of his game is that he is a highly reliable player that does not often let players get by him and has a great ability to be in the right place at the right time.  Overall, he is still the best CD we have at this point – we might have a few talented prospects who are developing, but Laing is still my first choice.  Rating: 7/10

Louie Weir (2026), 21 Years Old, Right Defender: This was a really good season for Weir, who is close to becoming a Premier League level right-back, according to my staff.  He played in 44 Games, registering 4 Goals, 9 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.54 TpG, and 6.93 AR, up from 6.86 AR last season.  He could’ve used a little more consistency, but overall, he was very active down the right flank, involved in both or defensive and offensive plays.  If he can improve his Defensive attributes a little bit – enough to match is fantastic Speed – he would be close an ideal right-back for us.  Rating: 7/10

Ryan Jones (2027), 20 Years Old, Left Defender: His quickness and ability to play well within the team’s system have been the hallmarks for his relative success in his young career – that, and his hard work in training that has led to good improvement in his abilities overall.  He is a Premier League level left-back in the eyes of my coaching staff, and he certainly has the Physical attributes to be so.  In 42 Appearances, he registered 4 Assists, 1.93 TpG, and 6.87 AR – his 1,550 Passes Completed were 3rd on the team and the most of any defender.  Along with Weir, I would consider my full-back positions – the toughest positions to do well in in my system – to be in good and capable hands.  Rating: 7/10

MIDFIELD

Terry Howell (2027), 20 Years Old, Central Midfield/Left Defender: The new, reigning Championship Young Player of the Year, Howell bounced back from a somewhat disappointing season (according to his standard) to lead our midfield to glory with a very strong performance this year.  He played in all 46 Games, ranking among the league leaders in Assists (12 – 2nd in league), Key Passes (58 – 4th in league), and Chances Created (13 – 8th in league) to go along with 6 Goals, 3 PoMs, 1.13 TpG, 84% Pass Ratio, and 7.12 AR, up from 6.85 AR.  Naturally a left-back, his re-training to a CM has gone about as smoothly as one can hope, and now my coaching staff believe he is very-well suited to be playing at the highest level of football.  He has registered 10 or more Assists in 3 of his 4 seasons, underscoring his talent as a passer.  He will be vital for us in our first season in the Premier League next year.  Rating: 7.5/10

John Cooper (2026), 20 Years Old, Striker/Central Midfielder: After three years of delivering 7.00+ AR form, he registered 6.92 AR as his form faltered a bit.  In 46 Appearances, he registered 3 Goals, 8 Assists – both down from last season – but increased his Pass Ratio to 84%.  His skills are not naturally suited for the CM position, and I doubt he will be our long term solution in the Premier League, but he has been doing just fine for us in the past few years.  Strong and quick, he has the right Physical tools for the PL, however, and he will have to rely on them somewhat to give us the type of year I hope to get out of him.  Rating:6.5/10

Nelson Peres (2025), 21 Years Old, Left Winger: Although he lost his starting spot to Marques, Peres was still vital to us this year.  Covering both winger positions, he played in 36 Games (15 Starts), registering 8 Goals, 8 Assists, 2.28 TpG, 1.39 DpG, and a career-high 7.15 AR.  Although he won’t make it back to the starting lineup now that Marques has proven himself, given how well Peres has performed for us whenever I’ve called, he has earned himself a special place on the team and will continue to be part of the rotation. Rating: 7.5/10

Roberto Santos (2024), 22 Years Old, Right Winger: The league leader with 2.41 DpG, Santos had his best season of his career despite being hampered by injuries.  In 34 Appearances, he registered 8 Goals, 9 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.63 TpG, and 7.09 AR, a career-high.  Like Peres, his Speed attributes are his calling card, but also like Peres, he most likely does not possess enough natural talent to be a factor in the Premier League.  Like Peres, he came through for us in a big way this season, and proved just how hard a worker he is despite his limitations.  He is most likely our starter at right wing next season.  Rating: 7.5/10

ATTACK

Lewis Hodges (2018), 29 Years Old, Striker – Career[/i]: A combination of injuries and the emergence of Demby finally made the end of the road of our greatest ever player’s hold on the team.  The striker who carried the team through the 2020s and all the way up to the Championship failed to crack the 10 Goal mark this season, scoring 9 Goals in 38 Appearances (13 Starts) – he also registered 9 Assists, 2 PoMs, and 6.99 AR.  There is no denying how great he has been for us the past twelve years, but I also could no longer deny Demby, who was clearly the superior talent.  For the foreseeable future, Hodges will remain the first choice off the bench at the striker position, and he proved he still has a lot to offer.  Rating: 7/10

Dan Demby (2027), 20 Years Old, Striker: Demby practically forced his way into the starting lineup – after years of complaining about playing time yet continuously improving his attributes, he put me in a position where I could no longer deny him.  He ended up being one of our best players this season – in 46 Appearances, he registered 25 Goals (2nd in league after Slone), 12 Assists (2nd in league), 5 PoMs, 81% Pass Ratio, 65% Shot Target (tied for 1st), and 7.16 AR.  After Hodges got injured, I started Demby and he immediately began scoring – it also helped that my coaching staff believed he was already a Premier League level striker, so that made the decision to keep him as our starter easier.  It has been a rough few years for Demby, but he has finally made it to the starting lineup, disposing of Kafra’s greatest player of all-time in the process.  Rating: 7.5/10

HOT PROSPECTS

Steven Smith (2028), 19 Years Old, Central Defender: Completely replacing Mike Rigby in the starting lineup, Smith was amongst the best defenders in the Championship this season.  He led the league with 182 Interceptions and 87 Key Headers, while also registering 3 Goals, 3 PoMs, 1.19 TpG, and 7.00 AR in 44 Appearances.  He’s got all the right skills for a good CD – he is strong in the air, high Physical attributes, and good Defensive skills.  The staff believe he is going to be a Premier League level CD soon, and I can second that given how well he has improved over the past couple of years. 

James Redmond (2028), 19 Years Old, Central Defender:  Redmond is actually a very similar player to Smith – they have the same strengths.  He made 18 Appearances (5 Starts), registering 2.29 TpG and 6.62 AR, so he was definitely up to the form of our starters Laing and Smith.  That being said, if he continues to improve over the next couple of years and can deliver some good performances when called up, there is no reason Redmond shouldn’t challenge them for their spots.    

Dan Ellis (2028), 19 Years Old, Central Defender: He has not come along the way I was hoping, although he did show some improvements this year.  He only played in 4 Games (2 Starts), and he can also cover right-back if needed, but it is a very crowded position with lots of prospects fighting for playing time.  My staff still have him rated 5/5 PA, so the potential to improve is still there.

Jamie Hickman (2028), 19 Years Old, Central Defender:  After playing in 14 Games last year, Hickman was the odd man out this year as there was only so many minutes to go around.  He did not play in a single game, and has become the lowest rated out of all CD prospects that came out of the Youth Academy in the past few years. 

Kwame Nartey (2029), 18 Years Old, Central Defender: He has already earned 3 U20 Caps for Ghana, and his ability to play anywhere in the defensive line is a very good attribute to have.  He played in 6 Games (1 Start) this season but was not impressive – his 6.57 AR is a good indicator of his struggles.  That being said, I still have high hopes for Nartey – he came out of the Kafra Youth Academy with a 4.5/5 PA, and some point during this season it shifted to 5/5 before coming back down to 4.5/5. 

Ben Foyston (2029), 18 Years Old, Striker: He spent the season on loan at Wealdstone in the Vanarama National, and played great for them – 35 Appearances, 16 Goals, 11 PoMs, 7.12 AR.  Hopefully, the experience would have helped him grow and improve – my coaching staff still have him rated at 5/5 PA, and they think he has the potential to be better than Dan Demby, our current starter.  He has yet to make his debut for the club.

Julian Owen (2029), 18 Years Old, Central Midfield: Loaned out to Staines in the Vanarama South league, he played very well for them – in 37 Games, he registered 7 Goals, 8 Assists, 5 PoMs, 81% Pass Ratio, and 7.29 AR.  Although he has yet to make his debut for Kafra, the fact that my staff have him rated at 5/5 PA after he came in at 3.5/5 PA on his Intake day is something of note in itself.

Ricardo Marques (2030), 17 Years Old, Striker: I decided to make Marques my starter at left wing right from the get-go, despite having a proven Nelson Peres already occupying the space there.  Marques did a great job in his rookie season, however – in 39 Appearances, he registered 8 Goals, 5 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.54 TpG, 1.45 DpG, and 6.95 AR.  I like his skill-set – high on Technical and Attacking abilities and improving in his Speed abilities.  He has already been capped by the U20 English team, and despite identifying as a striker, I think he is clearly best suited for the left-wing position.

Josh Vincent (2030), 17 Years Old, Central Midfield: Vincent made 17 Appearances, all as a Substitute, in his rookie season, covering both CM positions.  His 83% Pass Ratio was impressive and shows that he has the ability to be efficient with his passes, something that is important for his position in my system.  My staff are very high on him, and I am admittedly intrigued to see just how good he can get.   

Harvey Nicholls (2030), 17 Years Old, Goalkeeper: He went from 4.5/5 PA on his Intake day to 5/5 PA currently, thanks to his heavy improvements over the course of his rookie year.  He has yet to make his debut for the club, but given at the rate he is improving, he is one to watch.

Ryan Jones (2030), 17 Years Old, Central Defender: The second Ryan Jones to enter the club in the past few years, he came in at 4/5 PA on his Intake day, but is now up to 4.5/5 PA – he was actually rated 5/5 PA for a couple of months during the season, as well.  Like Nicholls, he has shown really impressive improvement in his attributes, and despite how much young talent we have at his position, he will be closely watched. 

IMPORTANT PLAYERS LEAVING/RETIRING

Anthony Garrard (2022), 25 Years Old, Central Midfield – Career: I had to double check Garrard’s age, because it seems like he’s been around so long that I figured he was in his late 20s.  An integral part of the team in the mid-2020s, he slowly became a fringe player as more talented prospects started maturing.  Still, he helped us get promoted from the League Two and was an important member of the team throughout our years in the League One. 

YOUTH INTAKE

HgqwyR.jpg

Nniiud.jpg

This must be the first Intake we have had where my HOYD didn’t claim it could be a “Golden Generation.”  That either means the Intake was not good, or the standard of my team is finally high enough to move past having a ‘Golden Generation’ every year!  As a first look, while it isn’t the most talented or deepest pool, I wouldn’t quantify as horrible, either.  I like the look of Dennis Duncan, and I plan to retrain him into a right winger.  Umeh and is a rare breed amongst my strikers in that his aerial ability is actually a strength as opposed to being a weakness, and Charlesworth looks like he could challenge Weir at right-back in a few years time. 

DvpJ4C.jpg

YOUTH CLASS REVIEW

2029/30: The top prospect from the ’30 Youth Class is Ricardo Marques, who is looking like quite a special player already.  He is joined by 5/5 PA CM prospect Josh Vincent and 5/5 PA GK prospect Harvey Nicholls.  Also of note has been Ryan Jones, a CD who was unheralded coming out of the Academy but has been working hard.

2028/29: Kwame Nartey is on the fringes of the rotation for the first team, while Ben Foyston (5/5 PA) spent the year on loan.  Julian Owen has made great improvements and seems to be poised to fight for a position in the first team.  The ’29 Youth Class continues to look relatively weak compared to our other most recent Intakes.  TOP PLAYERS: Kwame Nartey, Ben Foyston, Julian Owen

2027/28: The amount of defensive talent that came out of the ’28 Youth Class is uncanny.  Steven Smith has already made it into the starting lineup at CD, while players like James Redmond, Jamie Hickman and Dan Ellis are all fighting for playing time in the defensive line.  The best player out of the ’28 Youth Class – and the Kafra Youth Academy’s history – is Curtis Slone, the current two time Kafra Player of the Year.  TOP PLAYERS: Curtis Slone, Steven Smith, James Redmond, Jamie Hickman, Dan Ellis

2026/27: The ’27 Youth Class has officially taken over as our most talented Intake so far in this save.  It has given us three Premier League level players who are in my starting lineup in CM Terry Howell, LB Ryan Jones, and SC Dan Demby.  It also features our No.2 GK Dean Bettinelli and rotation player Reece Jonas, both of whom are in the first team.  TOP PLAYERS: Terry Howell, Ryan Jones, Dan Demby, Reece Jonas

2025/26: The ’26 Youth Class currently has two starters in our lineup – CM John Cooper and RB Louie Weir.  The best player, however, might be right-winger Jim Yuill, who is starting for Everton in the Premier League and has earned 16 U21 Caps for England.  TOP PLAYERS: Jim Yuill, John Cooper, Louie Weir

2024/25:  Adam Laing and Nelson Peres are currently important members of the first team – the only other player of note is Marcus Clarke, who is a talented winger still with the club that bought him for £2.4M in Brentford.  TOP PLAYERS: Marcus Clarke, Adam Laing, Nelson Peres

2023/24:  What initially was by far our strongest Intake has slowly eroded into an underachieving one – several players are still in the game playing high level football, but only one remains part of Kafra’s first team plans (Roberto Santos).  TOP PLAYERS: Jonathan Sheckleford, Joseph Oliseh, Gary Bowen, Mike Beverley, Alfie Watkins, Roberto Santos

2022/23: With Mike Rigby now out of the lineup, there is no one from this Intake that remains part of the first team.  While not the weakest Intake, the ’23 Youth Class has been perhaps the most disappointing and underachieving. TOP PLAYERS: Mike Rigby

2021/22:  The ’22 Youth Class has a clear best player in our GK Rhys Lalite.  The other two noteworthy players are Kyle Connolly, who left Brentford and joined Swindon on Free this season, and Anthony Garrard, who lost his place in the team and will not get his contract renewed this summer.  TOP PLAYERS: Kyle Connolly (at 23 years old), Rhys Lalite, Anthony Garrard

2020/21: Widely considered our weakest Intake, no one from this Intake is still in the game.  Adam Burgon was the best player from the ’21 Youth Class, playing a few games for the club.  TOP PLAYERS: Adam Burgon

2019/20: Sam Rodon is the only player of note from the ’20 Youth Class, and the only one still in football.  After spending the 2020s as one of the club’s most valuable players, he has seen his role diminished to that of a rotational player over the past couple of years due to more talented prospects coming up from the Youth Academy.  TOP PLAYERS: Sam Rodon

2018/19: Emmanuel Adu remains the only player in football from the ’19 Youth Class.  Now 28 years old, the left winger re-joined Grimsby on Free Transfer this year in the League One, playing in 42 Games and registering 6.75 AR.  He’s actually had a long and meaningful career thus far.  TOP PLAYERS: Emmanuel Adu (at 26 years old), Benjamin Olisema

Its only the second game of the season, but I wanted to share this with you guys.  Chelsea have finished 4th, 2nd, and 4th the past three years, and have spent countless millions upgrading their squad.  This group of players we got might even more special than I thought! 

ZjgLcu.jpg

Edited by abulezz

Wow amazing! Congrats :applause:

Your strikers look like the real deal. Amazing progress, lets hope your board is willing to invest in training facilities.

I also read that having coaches with high current ability and potential ability skills helps to produces better intakes.

1 hour ago, Torminator said:

Wow amazing! Congrats :applause:

Your strikers look like the real deal. Amazing progress, lets hope your board is willing to invest in training facilities.

I also read that having coaches with high current ability and potential ability skills helps to produces better intakes.

Thanks! Slone has been above and beyond so far in his young career - that U21 World Footballer of the Year was an unexpected surprise.  He's doing very well in his first year in the PL, so that is encouraging.

I had no idea about the coaches, so it will be something to look out for.  I keep comparing my Intakes with the Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc Intakes, and we are definitely not on the same level yet. 

SEASON REVIEW 2031/2032

TEAM REVIEW

Our first year in the Premier League went very well – the fact that we comfortably avoided the relegation zone was our big victory.  More than that, however, is that the team showed that it belonged at this level, getting some impressive wins over some good teams over the course the season.  There were, of course, some painful losses, and the team was marred with inconsistent form, but overall, it was mission accomplished.  Our offense carried us, led by the reigning U21 World Footballer of the Year (!!) Curtis Slone and the increasingly impressive Dan Demby.  Our defense was the opposite – every time the opposing team would attack, I would be expecting us to concede.  Watching my defense cannot be good for the health – frustration on top of frustration.  We are a team of two extremes – Kafra was the 5th best offensive team in the toughest league in the world, but we were also the 19th worst defensive team.  Our top prospects all seem to be attacking players – either that, or I have been very bad at developing defensive prospects.  Either way, I cannot complain about a 14th Place finish, a full 12 points from the relegation zone, which we really never were threatened by this year.

The team is still looking for a new stadium site, and honestly, I am in no rush to move out of Stamford Bridge.  We sold it out a number of times this season, and the financial windfall from all that attendance was crazy for us.  Our wage budget is so low that the money started piling up very quickly, and with it came the requests for improving pretty much everything about our Facilities, Training, and Youth.  The board did not turn any of it down, so hopefully this investment will help take our Intakes up to the next level. 

QA7c1g.jpg

tBlSMz.jpg

Rr7LBO.jpg

76Jz3P.jpg

iBAvTV.jpg

KEY PLAYERS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Curtis Slone (2028), 20 Years Old, Striker: What a season our young striker had – first, he was crowned the U21 World Footballer of the Year, and he followed that up by winning the Premier League’s Top Goalscorer award and being named in the PL Team of the Year.  He spent the last month of the season injured with fractured ribs, but he had already done his damage.  In 33 Appearances, he registered 24 Goals, 5 Assists, 4 PoMs, 78% Pass Ratio, 1.00 DpG, 58% Shot Target, and 7.31 AR, slightly up from 7.29 AR last season.  Not a bad way to start his PL career – did I fail to mention that he also won his third Kafra Player of the Year in a row?  Already a legend for the club in my books.  Rating: 9/10

DEFENSE

Rhys Lalite (2022), 26 Years Old, Goalkeeper: For the first time since Lalite became our starter, I started having a nagging feeling that maybe we should be stronger between the posts. This is not a slight against Lalite, who played fine – in 37 Appearances, he registered 2.08 Con/90, 5 Clean Sheets, and 6.90 AR.  It is more of a question of whether Lalite is skilled enough to be the No.1 for a PL club that is looking to be one of the best.  That is where the doubt creeps in – obviously, we have no one who can replace him immediately, but we do have enough GK prospects in the squad where we can start asking ourselves that question.  With that being said, Lalite was again one of our most vital players in our first PL campaign, and he will be just as important to us next year, as well.  Rating: 6.5/10

Steven Smith (2028), 20 Years Old, Central Defender: Our best defender this year, Smith adjusted well to the higher level of competition.  In 33 Appearances, he registered 1 Goal, 2 Assists, 1 PoM, 1.79 TpG, 13 Key Tackles (2nd in PL), 70 Key Headers (3rd in PL), 60 Shots Blocked (1st in PL), and 6.91 AR, the highest of any defender on the squad.  My staff consider him very well suited for PL level football, and he proved them right – in fact, he became the second player on the team to earn the “Wonderkid” description after striker Dan Demby.  Is he a future England CD?  Perhaps, but not yet.  I would like to see him improve his Defensive skills further – if he can do that, I think he might end up being one the PL’s finest CDs. [Rating: 7/10[/b]

Ryan Jones (2027), 20 Years Old, Left Defender: Although he did not play great (38 Appearances, 2.42 TpG, 6.76 AR), he is the only starting defender that still carries a full 5/5 PA rating from my staff.  His 4/5 CA also points to the fact that my staff believe him to be one of the most talented players on the squad currently, although his form has yet to reflect that.  He is reported to be very well suited for this level football, with the ability to still improve a slight amount.  What I would like to see is improvement in his Defensive skills – he has good speed is at least decent in everything else, but for his position, his defensive skills are somewhat lacking.  He has earned 9 U21 Caps, and he is touted to be potentially a future England left-back, so there is some hype around him.  Hopefully, he will live up to all of it.  Rating: 6/10

MIDFIELD

Terry Howell (2027), 21 Years Old, Central Midfield/Left Defender: Again, Howell impresses me and exceeds my expectation.  I thought with us stepping up to the PL that his form might falter, but he kept on going – in 38 Appearances (second straight year where he plays in every game), he registered 6 Goals, 7 Assists, 2 PoMs, 2.35 TpG, 83% Pass Ratio, 42 Key Passes, 2,186 Passes Completed, and 7.11 AR.  Since his rookie season five years ago, he has missed a total of 4 games out of a possible 222, which is incredible.  He is one of those players that always plays better than you expect him to and works harder than most.  He continued to improve this season, as well, which is a testament to his work ethic. Definitely one of the most important players at the club at this point.  Rating: 7.5/10

ATTACK

Dan Demby (2027), 21 Years Old, Striker: Our second leading scorer and second in the PL with 14 Assists, Demby was the perfect partner for PL Top Goalscorer Curtis Slone this season.  He led the league with 22 Chances Created, showcasing his passing ability, which was second to none. Yes, it was tough to relegate Hodges to the bench, but considering how well Demby played at the highest level, I cannot have any regrets about that.  He played in all 38 Games, registering 17 Goals, 14 Assists, 4 PoMs, 80% Pass Ratio, 64% Shot Target, and 7.14 AR, proving that he belonged in the PL.  He has solidified his position as starter for us, and it will take a lot from any upstart prospect to unseat him now.  Rating: 7.5/10

HOT PROSPECTS

Kwame Nartey (2029), 19 Years Old, Central Defender: Although my staff still rate him highly (4.5/5 PA) and his versatility is still a very strong benefit, he simply has not played well when given the opportunity.  In his 5 Appearances (5 Starts) this year, he only managed to muster up 1.43 TpG and 6.50 AR, which simply won’t do.  He turns 20 next season, so he is at an age where good performances becomes expectation. 

Ben Foyston (2029), 19 Years Old, Striker: Still has not made his debut for Kafra, and spent the year on loan with Tranmere in the Vanarama National league, registering 20 Goals and 7.04 AR in 44 Appearances.  My staff continue to insist he has the potential to be a PL level striker, and thus still rate him at 5/5 PA, but I have my doubts. 

Ricardo Marques (2030), 18 Years Old, Left Winger: Already valued at £12.5M, he was the youngest starting left winger in the PL, and he did well for us.  In 34 Appearances, he registered 8 Goals, 4 Assists, 3 PoMs, 1.03 TpG, and 6.87 AR.  His 71% Pass Ratio and 0.97 DpG need work, but overall he delivered a good season, really picking it up in the second half after a slow start to the 2031/32 campaign.  I had some issues with his lack of speed when he first came up from the Youth Academy, but that has been addressed and now there is no real weakness to his game.  He is definitely one of our most talented players.

Josh Vincent (2030), 18 Years Old, Central Midfield: Shifting between the bench and a starting role, Vincent had an up and down sophomore season, where we saw the good and the bad from him.  In 29 Appearances (21 Starts), he registered 2 Goals, 1 Assist, 2.59 TpG, 82% Pass Ratio, and 6.72 AR.  Encouragingly, he showed great progress in his attributes throughout the season, and he has proven he is efficient with the ball at his feet.  If he can get his form to be consistent, we might have a gem on our hands. 

Harvey Nicholls (2030), 18 Years Old, Goalkeeper: Our 5/5 PA rated GK spent the year on loan with Maidenhead in the Vanarama South, playing in 42 Games and registering 1.69 Con/90 and 6.86 AR.  He developed quite nicely, improving in all aspects of his game, and is now forcing me to look at him more closely.  We have a few GK prospects that have potential, but Nicholls might be the one with the highest ceiling.   

Pete Charlesworth (2031), 17 Years Old, Right Defender: He made his debut this season, although that was his only Appearance.  Overall, he has the right skill-set for his position, so it is all a matter of how fast he can progress. At 4.5/5 PA, my staff do think highly of him, but he still has some convincing to do. 

Emeka Umeh (2031), 17 Years Old, Striker: Very impressive improvements in his attributes during his rookie season.  What is unique about him, at least relative to my other strikers, is his aerial ability – he is a pure Target Man and someone that could add a new dimension to my frontline.  He has not made his debut yet, but he is at 5/5 PA and I want to nurture that and make sure he has every opportunity to live up to his potential. 

Dennis Duncan (2030), 16 Years Old, Right Winger: Duncan is as big a project as they come – he finished his rookie season still not having turned 17, he spent it being re-trained to play as a right winger, and was also made starter at the position in which he was unfamiliar with.  He came up from the Youth Academy with a 4/5 PA, but I am completely intrigued by his skill-set.  Luckily, he has shown he is willing to work hard, and he improved considerably throughout the season.  Let’s see how Duncan turns out. 

IMPORTANT PLAYERS LEAVING/RETIRING

None of note.

YOUTH INTAKE

ev1pVW.jpg

Z9i6tR.jpg

A shallow and relatively disappointing Intake, the only prospect that looks capable of turning into a contributor is Matthew Vincent.  The problem is, he plays in the same position – Left Winger – as our even more talented prospect from the ’30 Youth Class, Ricardo Marques.  Outside of Vincent, no one else looks noteworthy.  After several impressive Intakes in the mid and late 2020s that netted several of our current starters, the Kafra Youth Academy has been somewhat less than impressive the past 3-4 years.

6XCY52.jpg

YOUTH CLASS REVIEW

2030/31: Dennis Duncan is already our starter at right-wing, and there are two other prospects in Emeka Umeh and Pete Charlesworth (SC and DR, respectively) who have a chance at the first team.  TOP PLAYERS: Dennis Duncan, Emeka Umeh, Pete Charlesworth

2029/30: The top prospect from the ’30 Youth Class is Ricardo Marques, who is looking like quite a special player already.  He is joined by 5/5 PA CM prospect Josh Vincent and 5/5 PA GK prospect Harvey Nicholls.  Also of note has been Ryan Jones, a CD who was unheralded coming out of the Academy but has been working hard.  TOP PLAYERS: Ricardo Marques, Josh Vincent

2028/29: Kwame Nartey is on the fringes of the rotation for the first team, while Ben Foyston (5/5 PA) spent the year on loan. The ’29 Youth Class continues to look relatively weak compared to our other most recent Intakes.  TOP PLAYERS: Kwame Nartey, Ben Foyston, Julian Owen

2027/28: The amount of defensive talent that came out of the ’28 Youth Class is uncanny.  Steven Smith has already made it into the starting lineup at CD, while players like James Redmond, Jamie Hickman and Dan Ellis are all fighting for playing time in the defensive line.  The best player out of the ’28 Youth Class – and the Kafra Youth Academy’s history – is Curtis Slone, the current three time Kafra Player of the Year, 2031 U21 World Footballer of the Year, and 2032 PL Top Goalscorer.  TOP PLAYERS: Curtis Slone, Steven Smith, James Redmond, Jamie Hickman, Dan Ellis

2026/27: The ’27 Youth Class has officially taken over as our most talented Intake so far in this save.  It has given us three Premier League level players who are in my starting lineup in CM Terry Howell, LB Ryan Jones, and SC Dan Demby.  It also features our No.2 GK Dean Bettinelli and rotation player Reece Jonas, both of whom are in the first team.  TOP PLAYERS: Terry Howell, Ryan Jones, Dan Demby, Reece Jonas

2025/26: The ’26 Youth Class currently has two players in the first team – CM John Cooper and RB Louie Weir.  The best player, however, might be right-winger Jim Yuill, who is starting for Everton in the Premier League and has earned 26 U21 Caps for England.  The 22 year old had a good season in the PL, registering 7 Goals, 7 Assists, 1.63 DpG, and 6.86 AR in 35 Appearances.  TOP PLAYERS: Jim Yuill, John Cooper, Louie Weir

2024/25:  Adam Laing and Nelson Peres are currently important members of the first team – the only other player of note is Marcus Clarke, who is a talented winger still with the club that bought him for £2.4M in Brentford.  TOP PLAYERS: Marcus Clarke, Adam Laing, Nelson Peres

2023/24:  What initially was by far our strongest Intake has slowly eroded into an underachieving one – several players are still in the game playing high level football, but only one remains part of Kafra’s first team plans (Roberto Santos).  TOP PLAYERS: Jonathan Sheckleford, Joseph Oliseh, Gary Bowen, Mike Beverley, Alfie Watkins, Roberto Santos

2022/23: With Mike Rigby now out of the lineup, there is no one from this Intake that remains part of the first team.  While not the weakest Intake, the ’23 Youth Class has been perhaps the most disappointing and underachieving. TOP PLAYERS: Mike Rigby

2021/22:  The ’22 Youth Class has a clear best player in our GK Rhys Lalite.  The other two noteworthy players (the only ones still in football) are Kyle Connolly, who plays for Swindon, and Anthony Garrard, who left the club in 2031 and joined Aldershot in the Vanarama National.  TOP PLAYERS: Kyle Connolly (at 23 years old), Rhys Lalite, Anthony Garrard

2020/21: Widely considered our weakest Intake, no one from this Intake is still in the game.  Adam Burgon was the best player from the ’21 Youth Class, playing a few games for the club.  TOP PLAYERS: Adam Burgon

2019/20: Sam Rodon is the only player of note from the ’20 Youth Class, and the only one still in football.  After spending the 2020s as one of the club’s most valuable players, he has seen his role diminished to that of a rotational player over the past couple of years due to more talented prospects coming up from the Youth Academy.  TOP PLAYERS: Sam Rodon

2018/19: Emmanuel Adu remains the only player in football from the ’19 Youth Class, playing with Grimsby in the League Two.  Olisema is the only other player of note from our first Youth Class, as he was a rotational defender for us in the early to mid 2020s.  TOP PLAYERS: Emmanuel Adu (at 26 years old), Benjamin Olisema