Sports Interactive Community
rycl77

[FM19] The Great San Marino Challenge

6 hours ago, Lewis89 said:

Call me crazy but I shall be restarting the challenge. The issue with the Domestic league Download has really bugged me as I really want to manage there. I will be posting here again but will be managing both San Marino Calcio and San Giovanni from the start. This time around I will be using two database add ons by @claassen.

I'm playing with the excellent claassen's updates and league prize for winners in SM is 30k euros, not sure it makes much difference tbh :D. You sure you want to restart for 30k per year???

Edited by kandersson

6 hours ago, kandersson said:

I'm playing with the excellent claassen's updates and league prize for winners in SM is 30k euros, not sure it makes much difference tbh :D. You sure you want to restart for 30k per year???

Initially it won't make a great difference, but correct me if I'm wrong, the prize money should be directly linked to the UEFA league rankings and should rise as/if the league rises. It's little details that really bug me. I've not deleted the 1st attempt so have a chance to carry on if I can't get into the new save. 

5 hours ago, Lewis89 said:

Initially it won't make a great difference, but correct me if I'm wrong, the prize money should be directly linked to the UEFA league rankings and should rise as/if the league rises. It's little details that really bug me. I've not deleted the 1st attempt so have a chance to carry on if I can't get into the new save. 

I'm pretty sure league prize will stay the same regardless of ranking or reputation. Only way to make serious money will be a decent run in european cups, with CL group stage as the ultimate jackpot. I do understand your frustration though, claassen's updates are top notch, I'm using his Serie D + Campionato Sammarinese (not managing there, just in case...) and the level of accuracy of format is nuts! Currently cruising in Serie C  - and also just conceded a cool 11 goals in a qualifier against Croatia :D.

22 minutes ago, kandersson said:

I'm pretty sure league prize will stay the same regardless of ranking or reputation. Only way to make serious money will be a decent run in european cups, with CL group stage as the ultimate jackpot. I do understand your frustration though, claassen's updates are top notch, I'm using his Serie D + Campionato Sammarinese (not managing there, just in case...) and the level of accuracy of format is nuts! Currently cruising in Serie C  - and also just conceded a cool 11 goals in a qualifier against Croatia :D.

I just remember from reading @Bedese San Giovanni save, the prize money rose as the league did. Im gonna have to go back and check now. 

Sounds like good progress is being made then, any decent HG players yet?

Looking back it may have been Rankings linked to TV money, however the DB im using now, ive earned £22k from TV money in 3 months, earned £0 on the other DB in a season.

Edited by Lewis89

11 minutes ago, Lewis89 said:

I just remember from reading @Bedese San Giovanni save, the prize money rose as the league did. Im gonna have to go back and check now. 

Sounds like good progress is being made then, any decent HG players yet?

I don't remember league prize ever rising in any league I've played in FM but can't be 100% sure!

I'm in the middle of second season a couple of months away from next youth intake. Best SM prospects so far are the ones I had posted earlier in this thread - curiously both produced at other clubs (Udinese and San Marino Academy).

Yeah its more than likely the TV Money that rises then im hoping. Im 8 games into the Serie D save and going strongly. No work for 2 weeks so hoping to get a fair bit into the save. Ill be keeping an eye on San Marino Academy as I wasnt aware of them until you mentioned them.

Season 11 (2028-29) Review - 1st in Serie A / Champions League Round of 16

A bounce back year for us, walking the title just missing out on 100 points by losing at home on the final day to Inter (I was pretty annoyed at this). Mauro Righi (who unfortunately finally got cap-tied by Italy) won the Capocannoniere for the third year in a row, and the two new Croatians we signed in the summer were both excellent. In the Champions League, we finished second in our group despite accumulating 15 points, getting edged out on away goals to Liverpool. In the round of 16 we drew Bayern and lost in extra time, after a great second-half second-leg comeback where we scored 3 goals in the final half hour just to push it to extra time. In the cup we lost in the QF away to Torino, which was probably the most disappointing result of the season. 

Also we lost the 4th Champions League place again to France.

League Table:

1559847712_ScreenShot2019-01-30at8_59_24AM.thumb.png.7e8d516e111f6e9a595f8470cfb55825.png

Youth Intake:

Ciacci looks awesome (and Sammarinese only), but unfortunately I didn't really need another goalkeeper for the National Team. Gave him his first cap against China in a friendly in June. Rest of the youth crop this year is pretty average. 

622775329_ScreenShot2019-01-28at11_53_14PM.thumb.png.a5afd3ff866840b641757ec8df5f2939.png

National Team:

Another productive year for the National Team, including what was by far our best ever result and performance, a 0-0 draw at home to France in which we were well worth the point. Both sides had chances and it could have gone either way, and in the end we had to survive a late barrage after a dubious red card with 10 minutes to go. But overall I was absolutely delighted at how we went toe-to-toe with a top national team. Elsewhere in World Cup Qualification, we won away (luckily) and at home (comfortably) to Cyprus, so 7 points in 3 games puts us in pretty good shape. It will still take a miracle to qualify (probably need to win at home against Norway and get two wins over Bosnia to have a chance), but we're doing as well as we could up to this point. 

In the Nations League, our performance was pretty bad but we still managed to squeak top spot by beating Moldova at home on the final matchday. I'll be disappointed if we end up yo-yoing a bit, because the timing is off with Euro Qualification unfortunately. I might've even preferred not to get promoted, but that might've also cost me the national team job. 

We've also moved into the top 130 :)

World Cup 2030 Qualification: 

103879537_ScreenShot2019-01-30at3_04_07PM.thumb.png.82897eea15bd30a6325ae6dc6bdf9da1.png

Nations League Division D:

1440381429_ScreenShot2019-02-04at3_04_08PM.thumb.png.efbc21871fa4a565842cea60218a4e35.png

Next Season Goals:

• Go deep in champions league
  • Win Coppa Italia (haven't even made semis for a few years)
  • Challenge for second in world cup qualification, and keep climbing in the rankings 

1945888338_sanmarinobadge.jpg.76b44313607f71458c01172375178470.jpg

Season 1 2018/19 Serie D Girone D

Competitions

League Table    

A brilliant season ended with us sealing the title at home with 1 game to spare. It was a close run thing for most of the season, With Modena, Pergolettese and ourselves all leading the table at some point. In the end we proved too strong, and sealed promotion at the first attempt.

In the Serie C cup we lost to Trento on pens in the 3rd round.

In the end of season Serie D Poule Scudetto we lost to Gavoranno 1-0 in the Semi Finals.

Playing Side

Squad    Transfers    Best 11    

Its hard to pick anyone out in particular as everyone played well this season as seen by the average ratings column. But if I had too, the 2 i would mention are Matteo Gasperi, playing in a central midfield role, he scored screamer after screamer, and ended with 17 goals and 3 assists. The other play I will mention is striker Marco Boscolo Zemelo who hit 17 league goals in 23 games, but had his season cut short with an injury in march. Hes goals were key to our early season form though. 

Youth Production

Youth Intake

Nothing to really scream home about here, although having won the league with a game remaining, I did give debuts to 

Andrea Bologna 19a

Giovanni Nordi 19b

Luca Costantino 19c

I highly doubt any of these will have a major impact on the first team, but I hope im proven wrong.

Behind The Scenes

Finances

No upgrades to anything this year, although promotion to Serie C means we are turning professional and have been given a wage budget of £25k a week for the upcoming season.

Next Season

Staying up will be the initial aim, but hopefully we can go for a top 10 place and maybe even promotion.

National Side 

Overview    Results 1    Results 2

Same old same old really.

1881919073_sanmarinobadge.jpg.ff9b1a56e899ddfe161e0b0e1877b15f.jpg

Season 2 2019/20 Serie C

20190206161021_1.thumb.jpg.2a9c2648881c4c94bba5dda1ed59630a.jpg20190206161001_1.thumb.jpg.a0fadcb59569be8bca604535765aa450.jpg20190206145449_1.thumb.jpg.28d616c241d3a95bfc9b727d645bfa94.jpg

Winning back to back league title/promotions is a brilliant thing to do. We was predicted to finish 7th so I knew we had a chance of challenging, and that we did, sealing the title on the final day of the season. 

20190206161028_1.thumb.jpg.75e5e5b9f46a0ff2eaa6fe6380f23d79.jpg

We are doing okay with the financial side of things, we are within budgets so the board just make an investment if we go too far into the red. Im hoping the extra money in Serie B allows us to upgrade some things as we are yet to make a single upgrade to anything as yet. 

Youth Intake

20190206110809_1.thumb.jpg.404673eba1d15b24629172db2f3f306a.jpg

Another pretty poor intake, unless there is any serious jump to these lads I doubt any will feature for the first team

20190206164345_1.thumb.jpg.4afe84cf2ea2e1e32ea5c65b717b9936.jpg20190206164341_1.thumb.jpg.32cfee32348afd04decdff93e59ad9ed.jpg20190206164322_1.thumb.jpg.d9cd1eeff35ae7407fa728493564a83a.jpg

Im not really interested in the Non Sammarinesse youngsters, although extra special ones will be given more of a chance, the above 3 are the most promising Sammarinese youngsters produced by the club so far. The GK may actually turn out ok, but I doubt he will ever be a Serie A standard player, which is off course where we want to be in a few years time.

National Side

20190206164805_1.thumb.jpg.6c1851c1810720530b89db069f538f0d.jpg20190206164803_1.thumb.jpg.c8f1ef10743c4815995098ada0fa3d48.jpg

Sill yet to win a game, and ranked joint 209th in the world. They are literally the worst team in the world right now. Im so tempted to sack the manager and apply for the job, especially with the upcoming Nations League. Although im sure Georgia will be way too strong as will the others to even think about a successful campaign.

So normally I would wait until the end of the season to post an update, but this just could not wait. San Marino have qualified for the 2030 World Cup. I thought it would be at least another decade until we would challenge for tournament qualification, but we defied the odds and barely made it as one of the second place teams. Our world cup group comprises Australia and Senegal, so while we avoided any world beaters, it will still be tough to advance to the round of 32. 

In our starting 11, we have 1 leading Serie A player, 3 Good Serie B / Decent Serie A players, 3 Serie C level players, and 4 Serie D level players, so still a lot of weaknesses in the lineup, particularly at left back where we still call up a defender from the Sammarinese league even when everyone is healthy. 

Qualification Group:

1429670798_ScreenShot2019-02-04at11_54_11PM.thumb.png.23c36207cec38215482e0806f7b21077.png

Second Place Teams:

I actually thought there would be world cup playoffs instead of this nonsense (I don't recall this rule being present IRL for world cup qualification - but perhaps they are changing it for 48 team world cup), so to actually secure qualification was a nice surprise.

1295764801_ScreenShot2019-02-04at11_55_16PM.thumb.png.5cee39ccba961173466dc84385c01848.png

Results:

214536820_ScreenShot2019-02-04at11_54_42PM.thumb.png.edf5c72734255fb747aa9c05e023d1ca.png

To be perfectly honest, I think this was more an aberration than anything, as we were extremely fortunate in a couple of the games. The only games we deserved to win were at home against Cyprus and Bosnia. We definitely deserved the home draw vs. France, but should have lost at home to Norway (though a draw wasn't THAT lucky), should have lost away to France and Bosnia, and probably should have drawn away to Cyprus. So I'd say we deserved only 8 points instead of 14. The sobering 5-0 defeat to Norway shows there's still a long way to go. However, this is my first time qualifying for a major tournament ever with the San Marino challenge (did it once in fm 16 or 17 I think without any qualification), so this is still a great accomplishment. 

The away game to France was insane. We scored on our only shot in the first half, going into halftime tied 1:1. They get a 60th minute red card - we score against the run of play to make it 2 - 1. In the 90th minute they have a corner kick, and I'm about to sub in my tall striker for defending it, only at the last second to cancel the substitution, as they say you shouldn't make a substitution defending a corner. And of course they score on the corner :(. Luckily it didn't make a difference in the end, but that would have been so sweet. 

Edited by dcu4life

10 hours ago, dcu4life said:

So normally I would wait until the end of the season to post an update, but this just could not wait. San Marino have qualified for the 2030 World Cup. I thought it would be at least another decade until we would challenge for tournament qualification, but we defied the odds and barely made it as one of the second place teams. Our world cup group comprises Australia and Senegal, so while we avoided any world beaters, it will still be tough to advance to the round of 32. 

In our starting 11, we have 1 leading Serie A player, 3 Good Serie B / Decent Serie A players, 3 Serie C level players, and 4 Serie D level players, so still a lot of weaknesses in the lineup, particularly at left back where we still call up a defender from the Sammarinese league even when everyone is healthy. 

Qualification Group:

1429670798_ScreenShot2019-02-04at11_54_11PM.thumb.png.23c36207cec38215482e0806f7b21077.png

Second Place Teams:

I actually thought there would be world cup playoffs instead of this nonsense (I don't recall this rule being present IRL for world cup qualification - but perhaps they are changing it for 48 team world cup), so to actually secure qualification was a nice surprise.

1295764801_ScreenShot2019-02-04at11_55_16PM.thumb.png.5cee39ccba961173466dc84385c01848.png

Results:

214536820_ScreenShot2019-02-04at11_54_42PM.thumb.png.edf5c72734255fb747aa9c05e023d1ca.png

To be perfectly honest, I think this was more an aberration than anything, as we were extremely fortunate in a couple of the games. The only games we deserved to win were at home against Cyprus and Bosnia. We definitely deserved the home draw vs. France, but should have lost at home to Norway (though a draw wasn't THAT lucky), should have lost away to France and Bosnia, and probably should have drawn away to Cyprus. So I'd say we deserved only 8 points instead of 14. The sobering 5-0 defeat to Norway shows there's still a long way to go. However, this is my first time qualifying for a major tournament ever with the San Marino challenge (did it once in fm 16 or 17 I think without any qualification), so this is still a great accomplishment. 

The away game to France was insane. We scored on our only shot in the first half, going into halftime tied 1:1. They get a 60th minute red card - we score against the run of play to make it 2 - 1. In the 90th minute they have a corner kick, and I'm about to sub in my tall striker for defending it, only at the last second to cancel the substitution, as they say you shouldn't make a substitution defending a corner. And of course they score on the corner :(. Luckily it didn't make a difference in the end, but that would have been so sweet. 

Fantastic progress mate. I qualified for a Euros around 2024 via the nations league but was easily outclassed. Good luck at the world cup

8 hours ago, Lewis89 said:

Fantastic progress mate. I qualified for a Euros around 2024 via the nations league but was easily outclassed. Good luck at the world cup

Yeah this is why I was annoyed at getting promoted in Nations League. If we hadn't qualification for Euro 2032 would have been quite likely. I'll be interested to see if National Teams IRL pick up on this and start treating the Nations League before the Euros seriously, and the ones before the World Cup like friendlies (particularly the ones in divisions C and D)

Edited by dcu4life

1 hour ago, dcu4life said:

Yeah this is why I was annoyed at getting promoted in Nations League. If we hadn't qualification for Euro 2032 would have been quite likely. I'll be interested to see if National Teams IRL pick up on this and start treating the Nations League before the Euros seriously, and the ones before the World Cup like friendlies (particularly the ones in divisions C and D)

Looking at your qualifying campaign I think you may do well in the next nations league, I almost sealed back to back promotions but finished behind The Republic of Ireland who were way too strong for league C

Edited by Lewis89

Second season in serie C went very well:

872704934_SanMarinoCalcio_Competitions.thumb.png.005384678576969eef28bcec50e8168e.png1462220242_SanMarinoCalcio_HistoryBestEleven-2.thumb.png.55162520923e8644b25b026e1de636d9.png

The old serie C treble - League, Cup and Super Cup! Won every competition we played in comfortable fashion, squad had both quality and depth thanks to some good signings on free (including top scorer Spagnoli and POY Pugliese) and excellent loans (mostly from Palermo). Back to back promotions to serie B accomplished, going for the three-peat now :cool:.

After a good nations league, NT had a terrible year in EURO qualifiers with a string of heavy defeats. Biggest success of the year was Udinese starlet Stefanelli accepting the call-up (and also a loan to our club) which is cool. Youth intake was again disappointing and for the second year in a row the best prospect was a goalkeeper (both just half decent, maybe good for third choice atm). Still a long way to go!

Edited by kandersson

1 hour ago, FoxGe1994 said:

Could you show the stats of Stefanelli? :D

Here's a screenshot at start of new season

1176138327_EnricoStefanelli_OverviewProfile-2.thumb.png.cf928ccc9819e10c66152c82113655cb.png

I arranged a two years loan mainly for two reasons: 1) lower his reputation (and self-esteem :D) and become his favorite personnel so that he'd be more inclined to accept a call-up for NT 2) work on his unambitious personality via mentoring (I have some very good mentors at his position). First task was successful, second one not so much! His personality is harming his overall development at this point, hopefully things will change soon.

Other 'top' prospect Reggini is developing decently and scored tons of goals with the under-20 though he's currently second choice for NT behind 'real' player Nicola Nanni (a pretty good young player for SM standards). Still a welcome 'external' addition to the squad from the mighty San marino Academy  :D.

708250476_AndreaReggini_OverviewProfile-2.thumb.png.88bce52e8f90fcc65800a695c7949600.png

Edited by kandersson

Not bad :D

This are some of my best players in the save: 

Ercolani%2019%20%C3%A5r.PNG

Pretty good player - really love him. :lol:
My 3 best winger/attackers are all +32 years old - so i really needed a new star for SM. 
Do have 50% clausul for next transfer. :D:D

Lorenzo%20Censoni_0.PNG

Also damn good - many years to come from him.
Also have a 50% clausul of next transfer. :D:D

Marco%20Gatti_0.PNG

Same for this guy - hopefully goalkeeper for next 15 years. 

Thomas%20Casali_0.PNG

Good one.

Balducci.PNG

And hopefully my next start player . :D

We are number 83 on the world ranking right now.

But i only use players from own youth intake - so im struggeling to stay in Serie B - but i develope some pretty good players. :D

Youth recruitment and training is on max - facilitys im trying to develope - but i need money :rolleyes:

I loose around 15 mio dkk each year - so i really have to sell some good players or hope for money from my clausuls. 

Head of youth departmet is really good - i got him in my second season - his stats are:

19 Working with youth

16 in potential and stats

Which means i get some pretty decent players most YI. :D

Edited by FoxGe1994

Haha - if seen that some of my players later in their career go to the Australian league - but look at their national team. :lol:

Australien.PNG

Must be some kind of bug - but pretty funny. :lol:

All players started their career in Italy - with only italian nationality. Even one of my regens made it to the Austrailian nationalteam. 

Edited by FoxGe1994

28 minutes ago, FoxGe1994 said:

Haha - if seen that some of my players later in their career go to the Australian league - but look at their national team. :lol:

Australien.PNG

All players started their career in Italy - with only italian nationality. Even one of my regens made it to the Austrailian nationalteam. 

Crazy! But maybe they got Australian nationality after playing 5 years in the country? They all play in A-league and all around 30 years old so that could be the case. Curiously in my save SM star player, winger Filippo Berardi, also joined an A-league club (Western Sydney) which was cool so I didn't have to rescue him and sign him for our club (already signed GK Benedettini as a back-up just to keep him in the game!). A-league apparently craves Italian players - and Sammarinese too!

Yes - they only have to be in Australia for 1210 days. When i talk about a bug - i mean that the australian clubs sign so many italian. :)

Haha - Filippo Berardi also changed too Western Sydney in my save - and i had to start the challenge 2 times - because of a bug - but both time he went there. :D

Edited by FoxGe1994

3 hours ago, FoxGe1994 said:

Australien.PNG

Never noticed this before that is crazy! I might load up my first attempt and see if there was a similar trend. Can i ask what leagues you have loaded? Wondering if that has an impact

19 minutes ago, Lewis89 said:

Never noticed this before that is crazy! I might load up my first attempt and see if there was a similar trend. Can i ask what leagues you have loaded? Wondering if that has an impact

At that time i only had the italian and sanmarinese leagues loaded. If i added some leagues now - and will se if the trend continues. 

Edited by FoxGe1994

Season 12 (2029-30) Review - 1st in Serie A / Champions League QF

This was the most fun season I've had so far in terms of a title race. Palermo of all teams led the way for most of the season, but we overtook them with 4 games to go and never looked back. Inter, Napoli, and Juve were all in the mix as well. In fact, due to a shock home defeat vs. Sassuolo on the penultimate matchday (a win would have clinched the title), we entered the final matchday having to go away to Juventus and get at least a point to win Serie A (a loss meant Juve would have overtaken us). Not only did we draw, we got the victory, with César Gelabert, playing in his last game for San Marino Calcio (he's off to Russian Club Ural in the summer after having complained about playing time), sealing his storybook ending to his time at the club by scoring the only goal to secure our 4th Scudetto in 5 years. 

In the Champions League, we easily qualified from a group with Monaco, Athletic Club, and Fenerbahce with 16 points. Beat Liverpool 1-0 on aggregate in the round of 16 before being smashed by Man City (again) 7-4 on aggregated in the QF. The English teams in my game are just too strong - in the past 12 season only one non-English team (PSG) has won it, and the last 3 years were all won by Manchester United.

In the Coppa Italia we lost to Palermo on penalties (I think this was our 4th or 5th QF exit in a row), and we also lost the Supercoppa on penalties against Juventus. Both games finished 0-0 after 120 minutes. 

Also, Italy regained the 4th Champions League place again to France. I think is the 4th or 5th season in a row where we flipped it back-and-forth. 

League Table:

2047035965_ScreenShot2019-02-08at3_09_54PM.thumb.png.9f8769190f4aa8acaffb138bd1ebd95a.png

Youth Intake:

Worst in quite some time...

926813637_ScreenShot2019-02-07at8_02_14PM.thumb.png.540618d101262c226cc9feac4b4d45c9.png

National Team:

The World Cup went reasonably well. We drew both our group games against Senegal and Australia by a scoreline of 1-1, qualifying second from the group behind Australia. Unfortunately we got played off the park by Italy in the round of 32, losing 3-0 (I don't think we even mustered a shot on target). 

In the upcoming Nations League, we got a fantastic draw, drawing Albania and Finland in our group, so I think we have a real shot at back to back promotions. 

Next Season Goals:

• Go deep in champions league
  • Win Coppa Italia
  • Promotion in Nations League
Edited by dcu4life

616306179_sanmarinobadge.jpg.bfcb9f533ff45173efc58d36c07d3e8a.jpg

Season 3 2020/21 Serie B

20190211132208_1.thumb.jpg.0ce71b0ed0f7185390e91687f61216cb.jpg20190211132214_1.thumb.jpg.f230391e153908cf63bf2f89f409be0f.jpg

Motored through this season as my eyes were on San Giovanni for the most part, we did really well up until January, when our form imploded and come april, we was 8th and at risk of missing out on the play offs. A tactical switch from a 41221 to a Attacking 4231 wide proved the key decision as we romped to victory in the Play offs. Serie A here we come.

Youth Intake

20190210001316_1.thumb.jpg.6de97c4c2a09e7f5fc47f82d61f53fca.jpg

Nothing amazing although Tamagnini 21a looks a decent prospect for the future.

20190210001327_1.thumb.jpg.5a007be59b3304d8eefbd9ea8c3adf13.jpg20190210001320_1.thumb.jpg.863d76388b6a46d6a066dffc31096b01.jpg

We have had no upgrades to any facilities so far in the 3 seasons we have been in charge. This will now be my soul aim, Im going to try and keep the wage budget to a minimum for at least a season, as we are due £30m in TV money, if we can stay up on a budget, the club will be on a real sound footing for the future.

Wow - Serie D to Serie A in 3 seasons. Very impressive! 

2 hours ago, dcu4life said:

Wow - Serie D to Serie A in 3 seasons. Very impressive! 

Cheers man. Didnt manage it first attempt so glad to do it this time around. Half way through first season in Serie A and we are bang in a relegation fight but making £2m a month almost. If we can stay up, should have a decent budget to spend next season.