Join the Football Manager 2019 Public Beta today!

28 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Would be worth adding to your post in here ideally with all the relevant details and a save - https://community.sigames.com/topic/448268-iceland-official-league-specific-issues/

Hi Neil,

The issue has been posted in that thread several times already by me and other people as well. The person running the thread has been posting in it but hasn't acknowledged this particular issue. I'm not sure if he hasn't seen it or if he thinks it's working as intended but it's been brought up repeatedly.

Cheers.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like I'm going crazy here. Again I've been told to post about Iceland being broken in the appropriate forum. It's been posted in the appropriate forum over and over. Everyone is ignoring it.

Is anyone at SI aware of this? Should I just get a refund now and save myself the hassle? I'm refreshing the forum every 5 minutes to see if someone has answered. I guess it's time to go back to an earlier version.

5 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

I feel like I'm going crazy here. Again I've been told to post about Iceland being broken in the appropriate forum. It's been posted in the appropriate forum over and over. Everyone is ignoring it.

Is anyone at SI aware of this? Should I just get a refund now and save myself the hassle? I'm refreshing the forum every 5 minutes to see if someone has answered. I guess it's time to go back to an earlier version.

You said someone was replying in the relevant thread, just not to this specific issue... Sounds like a big one... Try tagging that person in the thread and just say all you (collectively) need is confirmation the issue has been seen and is either not going to be changed or is under review. 

57 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

You said someone was replying in the relevant thread, just not to this specific issue... Sounds like a big one... Try tagging that person in the thread and just say all you (collectively) need is confirmation the issue has been seen and is either not going to be changed or is under review. 

Yeah the guy who made the thread is active in it. He's responding to pretty much every other issue besides this one. I've tagged him, quoted him, everything.

It's incredibly frustrating. My main save every year in FM is trying to increase the stature of the Icelandic league through European results and bringing through youngsters. Difficult to do with no youth squad.

• SI Staff

Changes that were included in the Update that we rolled out this afternoon

Changelist

- Number of stability fixes with the game
- In Greece clubs now retain their points after the league split (new games only)
- Improve fixture congestion for Norwegian clubs (new games only)
- Users should no longer be prevented from posting highlights to YouTube
- Danish Second Division clubs now start game in DB set Groups (new games only)

16 minutes ago, Olly Kenney said:

Changes that were included in the Update that we rolled out this afternoon

Changelist

- Number of stability fixes with the game
- In Greece clubs now retain their points after the league split (new games only)
- Improve fixture congestion for Norwegian clubs (new games only)
- Users should no longer be prevented from posting highlights to YouTube
- Danish Second Division clubs now start game in DB set Groups (new games only)

To not sound grumpy, glad specific leagues' issues are being looked at and being fixed, but my God, what about Iceland teams not having U19 and Reserves team?

Sure hope you guys are hard at work and close to a new ME update.

Think it was a big mistake doing a tactical rewamp, with a what, 8 yr old Engine, that surely cant handle it.

Hope the "rumours" are true and FM20 will see a new Engine.

1 minute ago, Armistice said:

These will be likely featuring in 19.2. But I don't know when they are going to release that.

The silence regarding the ME is worriesome. We participate in this beta and speaking for myself I am nearing 150 hours spend only on testing the ME, not even counting the time writing constructively about it. 

I have yet to receive more than a general thanks for the feedback and we are looking into it. I honestly find that regretable.

SI I believe you need to up your game when it comes to communicating with us. This public beta sort of requires the effort to make it a two way street.

On 09/11/2018 at 18:49, RocheBag said:

Yeah the guy who made the thread is active in it. He's responding to pretty much every other issue besides this one. I've tagged him, quoted him, everything.

It's incredibly frustrating. My main save every year in FM is trying to increase the stature of the Icelandic league through European results and bringing through youngsters. Difficult to do with no youth squad.

Same problems as you, man.

But talked the issue with claasseen and he actually fixed it! Iceland teams now have U19 squads!

39 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

The silence regarding the ME is worriesome. We participate in this beta and speaking for myself I am nearing 150 hours spend only on testing the ME, not even counting the time writing constructively about it. 

I have yet to receive more than a general thanks for the feedback and we are looking into it. I honestly find that regretable.

SI I believe you need to up your game when it comes to communicating with us. This public beta sort of requires the effort to make it a two way street.

They have already said, they will roll out an ME update when they have a version to test. Being a beta tester requires some patience

14 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

They have already said, they will roll out an ME update when they have a version to test. Being a beta tester requires some patience

That is besides the point and I believe you know that as well.

Patience has nothing to do with it.I am a very patient man. It has more to do with giving insightful information regarding various issues that we have spotted. The lack of communication is far worse than having to wait a few weeks for a new ME.

Is taking us more along in the process really too much to ask?

3 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

That is besides the point and I believe you know that as well.

Patience has nothing to do with it.I am a very patient man. It has more to do with giving insightful information regarding various issues that we have spotted. The lack of communication is far worse than having to wait a few weeks for a new ME.

Is taking us more along in the process really too much to ask?

Let them do their jobs. They always work to stability updates first, then ME. They have left insight in the various bugs threads around. 

Release was about 10 days ago.

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Let them do their jobs. They always work to stability updates first, then ME. They have left insight in the various bugs threads around. 

But to my knowledge, the guys doing stability fixed are not the ones working on the ME... so why not both at the same time...

1 hour ago, Herbie2100 said:

Think it was a big mistake doing a tactical rewamp, with a what, 8 yr old Engine, that surely cant handle it.

Hope the "rumours" are true and FM20 will see a new Engine.

i've seen the old ME in far better state than current and i'm pretty sure the tactical rewamp doesn't have much to do with current state.

new ME for fm20? remember the introduction of 2D? 

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Release was about 10 days ago.

I value your communication and contribution a great deal and have the utmost respect for you.

Let's leave it at us having a vastly different take on the definition of insightful. 

23 minutes ago, Herbie2100 said:

But to my knowledge, the guys doing stability fixed are not the ones working on the ME... so why not both at the same time...

If there isn't a version here, it's because they haven't got a version ready to beta yet, ie if there is an update it's probably in alpha, ie highly unstable. 

2 hours ago, kosecki99 said:

I don't believe that there is not any update of ME yet!!!

The game was only released 11 days ago (eleven).

What would be the point of releasing something half-baked that wasn't robustly tested to ensure that improvements haven't caused knock-on effects elsewhere?

In the only save I've started since participating in the public beta, I'm in a 10-team league and there are a total of eight injured players throughout the entire league. Five teams, including my own have no injuries. I'm five cup games and three league games into the season, and the only injured player I've had was injured at the start of the save! 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Mensell76 said:

So far on the public beta we've only been in a position to release minor stability updates and code which is safe to merge and had substantial internal testing. When we're in a position to test what can be described as a 'major' update there will be more changes and potentially more chance of a match engine update. As people have rightly said in this thread, with the match engine it's not just a case of making a couple of changes and everything being done - it's an absolutely gigantic balancing act and there's never any guarantee we'll be in a position to release an improved one given the potential for knock-ons and the like. And as has been pointed out, it's been less than a couple of weeks since we released the full game.

We understand people are inpatient for changes, especially those who have been providing valuable feedback but sometimes these things take time. And in fairness to the match engine team - if they're not replying to every single piece of feedback it's likely due to the fact they're working on and testing the most important changes/fixes and improvements rather than spending their fairly limited time constantly posting. Again we talk about balancing - people here need to prioritise and balance their time in such a way that it's best utilised. 

Thanks. 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Lanko said:

To not sound grumpy, glad specific leagues' issues are being looked at and being fixed, but my God, what about Iceland teams not having U19 and Reserves team?

They do, they're just set up as affiliates because multiple teams share the same youth teams. This isn't a straight-forward thing and as far as I'm aware doesn't exist anywhere else in game. You've been asked to provide a save game for the affiliation being cancelled so if you can provide that we can hopefully take a step forward in making the current setup viable. 

Thanks. 

25 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

They do, they're just set up as affiliates because multiple teams share the same youth teams. This isn't a straight-forward thing and as far as I'm aware doesn't exist anywhere else in game. You've been asked to provide a save game for the affiliation being cancelled so if you can provide that we can hopefully take a step forward in making the current setup viable. 

Thanks. 

I and others said in the Iceland thread that this is not working as intended: the players can refuse the loan (because the game consider it as a loan), the affiliated team is not even obliged to play my players (hampering their development), I'm not sure if I can even hire U19 coaches with this system (since I don't have a U19 technically), I can't setup individual training (because the players are not at my club) and above everything: the boards can randomly terminate the link, leaving you without a U19 team.

I understand it's realistic, but I'd rather just have a U19 team and league like everyone else for practical purposes. Not being 100% realistic on this is not a deal breaker, but not being able to have a U19 team and not developing your youth is.  

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Lanko said:

I and others said in the Iceland thread that this is not working as intended: the players can refuse the loan (because the game consider it as a loan), the affiliated team is not even obliged to play my players (hampering their development), I'm not sure if I can even hire U19 coaches with this system (since I don't have a U19 technically), I can't setup individual training (because the players are not at my club) and above everything: the boards can randomly terminate the link, leaving you without a U19 team.

I understand it's realistic, but I'd rather just have a U19 team and league like everyone else for practical purposes. Not being 100% realistic on this is not a deal breaker, but not being able to have a U19 team and not developing your youth is.  

Yes and that aspect we are investigating to see if we can produce a better solution. For now we'd appreciate it if you could provide a save game just before where the affiliation is cancelled. 

Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Mitja said:

if i read between the lines there's chance there won't be any ME update.

For the last FM's there was always a ME update in the Christmas update. 

However there was no ME update in March for FM 17 and FM 18.

another good reason to release the early beta so we can test it (i thought this is why it is for). because it looks what we're looking for is something alse what they are. for example after four years they haven't noticed that problem with crossing issue is lack of movement and support in wide area, and defending. actually these issues all got even worse than they were in fm17. most FM players don't care and don't even notice theses issues, even the experienced players on this forum, why would they then? we get as much as we demand. it's simple without competition why make it harder.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Mitja said:

if i read between the lines there's chance there won't be any ME update.

If we can't create a match engine better than the one currently out there then absolutely. That's always the case for every single fix/improvement across the game for every single update. 

On 06/11/2018 at 11:29, Neil Brock said:

Not yet and there's no guarantee we'll definitely release a different match engine update for FM19 - it depends on a number of factors, but if we do of course we'll let people know. 

is this reading between lines maybe? releasing such ME is unacceptable for company with such renome. i sell my own product too.

1 hour ago, Mitja said:

is this reading between lines maybe? releasing such ME is unacceptable for company with such renome. i sell my own product too.

I\ve taken it that you;ve never written a line of code in your life before? 

The ME in beta was very close to being just right, they made changes and it threw alot of things out of whack. That said, it seemed like by fixing a few issues it has thrown alot of things out of order which happens. 

Now SI knows based from feedback that the game is almost unplayable at the moment. I can only assume that one some of us think is minor is actually very major and requires hours of not only coding but testing. To fix issues in programming we must first understand what causes these issues which is always the hard part. 

At the moment, i would have rolled back the ME to post beta where most of the game was playable

8 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

So far on the public beta we've only been in a position to release minor stability updates and code which is safe to merge and had substantial internal testing. When we're in a position to test what can be described as a 'major' update there will be more changes and potentially more chance of a match engine update. As people have rightly said in this thread, with the match engine it's not just a case of making a couple of changes and everything being done - it's an absolutely gigantic balancing act and there's never any guarantee we'll be in a position to release an improved one given the potential for knock-ons and the like. And as has been pointed out, it's been less than a couple of weeks since we released the full game.

We understand people are inpatient for changes, especially those who have been providing valuable feedback but sometimes these things take time. And in fairness to the match engine team - if they're not replying to every single piece of feedback it's likely due to the fact they're working on and testing the most important changes/fixes and improvements rather than spending their fairly limited time constantly posting. Again we talk about balancing - people here need to prioritise and balance their time in such a way that it's best utilised. 

Thanks. 

Thanks for your reply. I do not for one second doubt the integrity of your internal ME work flows .

I believe everyone on here knows that I am very understanding of the balancing of the ME and I have actually been very pro active in helping people see that the ME is not in such a dire state, but close to being a work of art.

What in my nuanced opinion is lacking on your part is your willingness to alter the ways of communication.  SI is acting on the policy "if there is no news, do not report anything"

However I also have a limited amount of time , sparetime meant for pleasurable things might I add, that I have choosen to dedicate in voluntarily helping SI to try to make a more satisfactory ME.

Time which of course could have been utilised instead on Netflixing or spending time with my family or even better for once just enjoying a solid FM from the day of release.

I was not asking for a new ME as in right now, I was asking to reassess how you can involve us more in your process. 

Your answer how well written and kind it is, however leaves me to reassess how I am going to spend my time going forward. 

2 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

What in my nuanced opinion is lacking on your part is your willingness to alter the ways of communication.  SI is acting on the policy "if there is no news, do not report anything"

Its a programming thing. We would rather spend our time working on the issues than posting updates or even letting others in the same building know the progress reports. Some teams that i have worked with used to make a public checklist and color code stuff that is finish, just started or being worked on as to give people a general feedback as to where we are going., 

14 minutes ago, Amarante said:

Now SI knows based from feedback that the game is almost unplayable at the moment.

Factually incorrect. Yesterday there were 62,791 people playing FM19 on Steam, to say nothing of those playing offline.

It's hard to swallow, but an extremely vocal forum-dwelling minority do not speak for the entire player base.

6 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Factually incorrect. Yesterday there were 62,791 people playing FM19 on Steam, to say nothing of those playing offline.

It's hard to swallow, but an extremely vocal forum-dwelling minority do not speak for the entire player base.

I said ALMOST not that it\s unplayable.Short passing pressing striker movement, players waiting to be tackled before crossing all of this is unbearable and makes the game alot less fun if you prefer a game based around movement, through passes and  build up play. All of htat at hte moment can\t be done. 

1 hour ago, Mensell76 said:

Thanks for your reply. I do not for one second doubt the integrity of your internal ME work flows .

I believe everyone on here knows that I am very understanding of the balancing of the ME and I have actually been very pro active in helping people see that the ME is not in such a dire state, but close to being a work of art.

However I (just keeping it to myself) also have a limited amount of time , sparetime meant for pleasurable things might I add, that I have choosen to dedicate in voluntarily helping SI to try to make a more satisfactory ME.

Time that of course could have been utilised instead on Netflixing or spending time with my family or even better for once just enjoying a solid FM from the dat of release.

I was not asking for a new ME, I was asking to reassess how you can involve us more in your process. 

Your answer how well written and kind it is, however leaves me to reasses how I am going to spend my time going forward. 

I for one appreciate all the time you've spent testing and giving excellent feedback. 

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Raul14 said:

Hola, buenas tardes. Me gustaría saber si mi MacBook Air de 2015 es compatible con el Football Manager 2019.

hello, MacBook Air 2015 is compatible with Football Manager 2019?

Debería ser si cumple con las especificaciones mínimas aquí - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/179_getting-started/minimum-system-requirements-r644/

También puede probar la demo de forma gratuita a través de la página de Football Manager 2019 Steam aquí: https://store.steampowered.com/app/872790

11 hours ago, rdbayly said:

The game was only released 11 days ago (eleven).

What would be the point of releasing something half-baked that wasn't robustly tested to ensure that improvements haven't caused knock-on effects elsewhere?

FM19 was released :D

Archived