Sports Interactive Community
Roy Race 9

Very slow loading with any edited files added

dreadfully slow loading time if there are any files loaded in editor data folder the setting up of the game it is farcically slow 

without any files in the edited data folder I get to this page in under 2 seconds 

3b3be478878372615e8367179fb7251d.png

with ANY files added put the kettle on it takes 10 minutes plus to get to this page to budge after selecting career  

b3c86cd7327b5957e22082ba515d66d8.jpg

I have deleted the fm 19 file in my appdata folder, still no joy

Edited by kingrobbo

I have completed the process outlined here-

and as soon as I add any file to the editor data folder same issue arises

I have tried this with/without my graphics folder the issue is with any edited files its as if they are being verified before the game allows you to continue 

6 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

How big is your customs file size?

a38318f8f8e1e46ce8aa4a61c141f892.png

thats the contents of the folder really small size 

whatever the size it shouldnt be doing that 

The folder is made up with mostly real fixtures and results for leagues in Europe 

in FM18 I was running so much more,  some files including sortitoutsi live update with 300k changes, it was taking me approx  5 seconds to get to the advanced start up page and select playable nations etc yesterday 45 minutes to get the page to actually move once I selected career 

Edited by kingrobbo

About to make a post but this seems to be my Issue, everything was going smoothy even with a few editor files, but I just made a few changes to my database and saved it under a new name, suddenly taking 5 minutes to get to the main menu and  even longer to get into the game set up. I don't know if I did something special with the last changes or the one extra file was the straw that broke the camels back. 

10 minutes ago, CurnRaisin said:

About to make a post but this seems to be my Issue, everything was going smoothy even with a few editor files, but I just made a few changes to my database and saved it under a new name, suddenly taking 5 minutes to get to the main menu and  even longer to get into the game set up. I don't know if I did something special with the last changes or the one extra file was the straw that broke the camels back. 

I cant be 100% sure but this wasnt happening with files I had created in other versions of editor fm17/18 etc

I think this is happening with files added made in this current editor

Just now, kingrobbo said:

I cant be 100% sure but this wasnt happening with files I had created in other versions of editor fm17/18 etc

I think this is happening with files added made in this current editor

I made all my files new in FM19 editor I had 6 and it seemingly was going fine. My last changes where to add "Other Income" to the majority of teams in my custom rules nation, validated and saved as a new file. Tried to load the game and thought I had crashed --> task manger end task only for it to happen again, Once I give it enough time it got me to the main menu. If I remove that one new file it does speed things up but still not as fast as I would expect, especially with the game and files installed on my boot NVMe SSD.

1 minute ago, CurnRaisin said:

I made all my files new in FM19 editor I had 6 and it seemingly was going fine. My last changes where to add "Other Income" to the majority of teams in my custom rules nation, validated and saved as a new file. Tried to load the game and thought I had crashed --> task manger end task only for it to happen again, Once I give it enough time it got me to the main menu. If I remove that one new file it does speed things up but still not as fast as I would expect, especially with the game and files installed on my boot NVMe SSD.

my system has been built for fast game play in FM

I played FM 18 with all leagues playable easily, and my benchtest results were really high so its not the system there is a massive lag happening when you have over a certain amount of files in the editor folder or files made in current editor

I have just ran a test and loading the ''old'' files only it loads quickly not as quick as FM18 does for me though

I usually have my pc set to 4.9ghz when playing game with all leagues and 250k + players but going to crank it up to 5/5.1 ghz just to see if this helps to get the initial loading quicker

Edited by kingrobbo

not making a damn bit of difference :seagull:

I have removed the whole SI folder from appdata done a  full re install of FM19 and everything works as it should..... until I add files to the editor data folder 

can we get some help with this please as I cant use the game like this without loading the edited files I will not be playing the game

Edited by kingrobbo

@kingrobboIn fact, can you attach your editor file so we can check the issue please and hopefully find a fix quicker. Thank you in advance.

10 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

@kingrobboIn fact, can you attach your editor file so we can check the issue please and hopefully find a fix quicker. Thank you in advance.

Thank you Jimmy

@Jimmy Wong I have just done another reinstall cleared cache etc and now with the 19.1.2 DB update the game is loading super fast so looks like the issue is resolved with this update, many thanks :thup:

Great news! And thank you for letting us know that 19.1.2 did the job. Enjoy the game!

On 05/11/2018 at 22:55, kingrobbo said:

my system has been built for fast game play in FM

I played FM 18 with all leagues playable easily, and my benchtest results were really high so its not the system there is a massive lag happening when you have over a certain amount of files in the editor folder or files made in current editor

I have just ran a test and loading the ''old'' files only it loads quickly not as quick as FM18 does for me though

Just curious, did It take noticeably longer to play with so many leagues/Players? I have a pretty good PC(i7 8700K OC'ed to 4.8GHz all cores), but it stills drops to the 1/2 star once I turn on any databases that size. I usually play with a lot on but keep it 3 star or so performance but was considering going the full hog with every league on and and starting off unemployed this year but don't want to bother if it takes too long, I would be willing to sacrifice some leagues if it slowed the game down too much.

its actually better if you have a high end system to go with more details etc otherwise all  the cores do not get used 

take a search for the bench test thread/s fm18/17 lots of info there on this really helpfull