Sports Interactive Community
cplatts85

Database Increase. Is it possible?

Hi all

Basically I've made a mistake. I always use larger database but in my excitement I have selected small database for my first save and don't want to lose the progress I've made by having to start again. 

Is there anyway of increasing the database size?

Thanks for your help.

Chris the Plonker

No, you can add leagues and nations, but you need to start again for a different database size.

3 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

What does the database size affect, exactly?

The numbers of players that will be available for you to scout and buy- having said that, 99% of them will be of no interest, so it is a moot point if it is worth running the risk of the game slowing down while processing all these players.  Database size is a personal choice.

@jcp1417

If you add leagues into your save, the database size will also increase. It depends on how many you are loading. 

Load leagues from all continents to expand the db size. 

For example, adding all leagues in the second season as active into the game gives you a db size of 200k or more players.

what i don't understand is what players are being added. say the small db is 20000 players and the medium is 23000, where does the extra 3000 players come from? does it load more players from a team, more free agents, or load more teams?

what do you mean exactly by non league clubs? players from obscure counties; does that mean more players from each club or just more teams?

32 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

what do you mean exactly by non league clubs? players from obscure counties; does that mean more players from each club or just more teams?

Teams that are normally filled with grey players on small databases will now have real players as well.

12 hours ago, Cal585 said:

Teams that are normally filled with grey players on small databases will now have real players as well.

so then, what's the difference between medium and large? is it just more teams with grey players? how does it decide which teams to include?

22 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

so then, what's the difference between medium and large? is it just more teams with grey players? how does it decide which teams to include?

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that it operates by player/league reputation so that the bigger the database size, the further it increases the threshold to include lesser known players.

Here's an example (though from FMT18 so it might be slightly different)

Starting a career as Liverpool with only English leagues loaded. Small - 6.15k. Medium - 8.95k. Large - 11.95k.

Looking at FC Lorient in the French 2nd division...

Small has an empty roster
 20181106143252_1.thumb.jpg.16fd50749c86fde3e0802482c14d24e0.jpg

Medium we start to see some players
20181106143524_1.thumb.jpg.c9d75019c77e03fb2eca2fe5f5e39217.jpg

Large they've got practically the full team
20181106143059_1.thumb.jpg.0e9cd882c24e4436a0a0efe8598b4cf0.jpg

Edited by Cal585