Sports Interactive Community
kingking

AML/AMR limitation for tiki taka

There is no PI for AML/AMR to have lower risk passing, get further forward, less dribbling, free roam 

Edited by kingking

2 hours ago, kingking said:

There is no PI for AML/AMR to have lower risk passing, get further forward, less dribbling, free roam 

Counter point, if your wingers are not offering penetration options where are you going to get your goals from when your striker is marked out of the match?

hace 2 horas, tektonik dijo:

Counter point, if your wingers are not offering penetration options where are you going to get your goals from when your striker is marked out of the match?

Attacking midfielders or midfielders arriving from second line?

11 minutes ago, fasmercurio said:

delete

Screenshot 2018-11-04 at 21.34.41.png

Edited by fmFutbolManager

Yeah as said above if you use a wide midfielder role in the midfield strata they are the most customizable (even more so with PPM's) but there are certain trade-offs. I haven't played FM19 yet, so this may now have changed, but in my experience the WM doesn't press as high and defaults to sitting in front of his fullback. The opposition then has an easy outball to their full backs before the WM goes and presses.

I don't say this next bit to disparage SI, but quite honestly the wide roles in the AM strata have needed looking at for at least five editions of the game now. For me personally they're mainly very one dimensional (and also I think wide players are "used" a bit too often in the game, when IRL you see teams keep the ball more centrally for longer spells but that is probably a different discussion re. the game mechanics). The winger and IF roles largely just runs and shoots/crosses. Yes there has been some progress with them, but the evolution to my eyes has been quite slow. The "David Villa role" from the start of the decade where he was something like a wide poacher - holding his width to open space inside in the centre for others, not so involved in the build up play (and definitely not until the final third) and wasn't primarily a runner with the ball, and attacked the penalty area/space at the right time has never really been replicated. Neither the IF or Raumdeuter roles fit the bill in my experience.

And I wouldn't say that example is one that is totally unique. I can think of other examples. So in my opinion I'd like the option for a player you can station very wide in the AM strata, but not as a direct player with the ball and are more focused on space and work done off the ball. As I say, I think it's something that has been missing for a few years now.

In regards to wide play I'd also like to see an evolution in their ability to roam. I watched the Chelsea game yesterday and Pedro was frequently popping up all over the pitch, even wandering over to play in the same vicinity as the other wide player at times. This could benefit a more direct IF type player, who freely roams finds his space and drives at the defence, or a playmaker type who drifts around making the extra man and conducting play. Appreciate though that for SI that is probably very tricky to get right, in terms of the gameplay and how the AI also uses it. Could be quite exploitive. 

39 minutes ago, mp_87 said:

In regards to wide play I'd also like to see an evolution in their ability to roam. I watched the Chelsea game yesterday and Pedro was frequently popping up all over the pitch, even wandering over to play in the same vicinity as the other wide player at times. This could benefit a more direct IF type player, who freely roams finds his space and drives at the defence, or a playmaker type who drifts around making the extra man and conducting play. Appreciate though that for SI that is probably very tricky to get right, in terms of the gameplay and how the AI also uses it. Could be quite exploitive. 

For sure. Hazard especially plays both wings at the same time. It isn't just rigidly switching with the other wide man though, you often see both of them on the same side of the pitch.

The only way to replicate this in FM right now is by playing them both as AMC, which effects your defensive positioning.

1 hora atrás, mp_87 disse:

The "David Villa role" from the start of the decade where he was something like a wide poacher - holding his width to open space inside in the centre for others, not so involved in the build up play (and definitely not until the final third) and wasn't primarily a runner with the ball, and attacked the penalty area/space at the right time has never really been replicated. Neither the IF or Raumdeuter roles fit the bill in my experience.

Just wondering if these would be possible to achieve with a IF-A with the "Stay Wider" PI and "Rarely Runs With The Ball" and "Gets Into Opposition Area" PPM's?

16 minutes ago, FMWolf said:

Just wondering if these would be possible to achieve with a IF-A with the "Stay Wider" PI and "Rarely Runs With The Ball" and "Gets Into Opposition Area" PPM's?

Attempted that before - Honestly I've experimented with it many times over the years, seeing what you can do to manipulate and influence the system via PPM's and all the instructions available across the pitch, and it didn't really give the results wanted. IF primary behaviour still had them cutting inside and running with the ball.

Even if it did get you to where you wanted, I still think that's an extremely complicated way of getting to it.

Raheem Sterling's evolution and role at City is another example. In the buildup he hugs the line (particularly when playing on the right), gets involved in it here and there but often plays it simple when he does, and is focused on attacking the penalty area at the right time and being on the end of moves. Now of course he still has his dribbling ability to use at certain times and in certain games, but it's nowhere near the overriding tendency that you'd get in a Winger or IF role on FM.

Unless things have drastically changed on FM19 and I've just yet to discover it, I'd love them to really look at the wide play as for me it's one of the obvious areas of the game where there is considerable room for improvement. At its worse it's almost "arcadey" - get ball, run, shoot/cross, repeat, repeat, repeat.

In FM 19 now even the Inside Forward on attack duty has the More Risky Passes hardcoded, that was not the case in previous versions. When using an IF on attack duty, i would like him to be a main goalscorer, and not a creator, I think the more risky passes intruction should be optional.

I'd be so glad if there was a generic role in the AML/R strata, called Wide Forward or Wide Attacking Midfielder.
I often find that I would like to instruct my AML/R to stay wide , but without the hardcoded instructions dribble more and cut inside/run wide. Or sometimes I would find it great if I could instruct my AML/R on support duty to sit narrower, while not running with the ball often, and not being a ball magnet (so not a playmaker/target man). Just like an AMC on support duty, but in wide positions.
Without these options I am often forced to find workarounds to implement my ideas (eg. using the ML/R positions, playing around with team width or ticking the dribble less TI).