[Juventus] Recreating their tactic

Hi all,

I'm obsessed in trying to recreate the real-life tactic in FM.

I'm seeking advises on how to build the tactic they use in FM19 -  base on some of the key criteria

1.  Using a Regista - I believe Juv uses a more roaming DMC rather than a static... since you would see Pjanic (Or even Pirlo) moving around the field

2.  How do you utilize Cristiano Ronaldo scoring alot of goals?

3.  In terms of the team, they are more a possession team but not a short passing team

4.  They have a more disciplinary team in defence - you can clearly see they keep their shape.  

Up to hearing how you build it

To be honest, Juve’s current tactic for the past 4-5 games have centred around a very fluid front three in a 4-3-3. They defend as a 4-4-2 with dybala and cr7 upfront and the right winger either bernadeschi or cuadrado dropping to form a midfield 4. The three central midfielders are always pjanic, bentacur and matuidi. In defence they flatten out to form a four man midfield. Matuidi due to his industrious workrate, is able to cover the left flank and help out in the middle. Not really a left winger but defends the left flank due to cr7 being on the left and allowed to stay up for counters. So in a way it is a lot like real madrid’s 4-4-2 under Ancelotti, a 4-3-3 in attack and a 4-4-2 in defence. Dybala can be a false nine with cr7 being a complete forward on attack. But ronaldo especially for juventus has evolved to dropping deep often to the left flank to either link up play or escape from his markers. Very free-roaming so I am not sure if the current ME can emulate his frequent dropping deep to the left, often to the midfield line. I would line up like this.

CF(a).    F9

wm(s) dlp(d) BBM W(a)

FB(a) DC DC. WB(s)

I saw the at Old Trafford recently.  A very well organised team.  They are not physical and they don't press the ball too hard.  Very patient in waiting for an opening and do not mind going side to side with deeper possession.  You can see that most weeks in Serie A they are used to dealing with teams that they've penned deep and that are defending stubbornly.

@Jyuan83 does not look a million miles out with those roles.  Bentacur the playmaker and Matuidi the destroyer.  Trying to think if any of the new tactical pre-sets fit them...Tiki Taka?  Control Possession?  Not sure either are quite right but along those lines.  Incidentally Joao Cancelo looked a very nice player IRL.  Impressive.

In my opinion, their base XI this season seems to be based around a mobile front three, with the midfield working as a supporting unit, rather than having one of the mids providing a forward thrust. I think the roles of the front three vary a lot depending on what players are on the pitch, but for the main XI I'd use something like this:

GK: Szczesny (Goalkeeper/Defend)

DR: Cancelo (Fullback/Attack)

DC: Bonucci (Ball-Playing Defender/Defend)

DC: Chiellini (Central Defender/Defend)

DL: Alex Sandro (Fullback/Support)

DM: Pjanic (Deep-lying Midfielder/Support)

MC: Bentancur (Central Midfielder/Support)

MC: Matuidi (Box-to-Box Midfielder/Support)

AMR: Dybala (Trequartista/Attack)

AML: Ronaldo (Raumdeuter/Attack)

ST: Mandzukic (Pressing Forward/Support)

I'm not sure about Bentancur's role, but the main point is to keep the midfield trio as a unit who are tactically responsible and who have to cover defensively for CR7 and Dybala. Also, I have assigned Cancelo and Alex Sandro FB roles instead of WB because they will have little support defending opposition wide players, so I wouldn't give them so much attacking freedom.

8 hours ago, Empzephyr said:

Yeah, How do I set it up!?

I'd start with either of the presets I mentioned and tweak them.  For example, if using the tiki taka preset I'd reduce/remove the whole closing down part.  If I tried Control Possession preset I may try that on cautious mentality.  That sort of thing to take a base setup and then modify it into what Juve do.  Just my thoughts if I were using them.  Unfortunately I haven't tried that as my own save in Spain is developing in a different direction.

4 ore fa, Robson 07 ha scritto:

I'd start with either of the presets I mentioned and tweak them.  For example, if using the tiki taka preset I'd reduce/remove the whole closing down part.  If I tried Control Possession preset I may try that on cautious mentality.  That sort of thing to take a base setup and then modify it into what Juve do.  Just my thoughts if I were using them.  Unfortunately I haven't tried that as my own save in Spain is developing in a different direction.

Following your advices and the @Jyuan83 tactic I have set my Juventus save tactic as follow and it seems to work pretty well but needs further testing:

CF A    F9

MEZ S DLPD BtB  IW A

FB A      CD     BPD     WB S

SK D

Style - Control of possession with no changes

Mentality - Cautious

GK: Szczesny (Goalkeeper/Defend)

DR: Cancelo (Complete Wing Back/Support)

DC: Bonucci (Ball-Playing Defender/Defend)

DC: Chiellini (Central Defender/Defend)

DL: Alex Sandro (Complete Wing Back/Support)

DM: Pjanic (Ball Winning Midifelder/Defend)

MC: Bentancur (Deep Lying Playmaker/Support)

MC: Matuidi (Box-to-Box Midfielder/Support)

STR: Dybala (Deep Lying Forward/Attack)

STL: Ronaldo (Advanced Forward/Attack)

STC: Mandzukic (Pressing Forward/Attack)

2 minuti fa, Jyuan83 ha scritto:

@sovy666 looking forward to your results with the tactic. Mstuidi looks good as a mezzala as he is often found in the box during attacks and out wide during transitions. 

I will update when the serie A takes a break on the beginning of January so we will see the results of a half season with this setup.

Il 8/11/2018 in 13:20 , Jyuan83 ha scritto:

@sovy666 looking forward to your results with the tactic. Matuidi looks good as a mezzala as he is often found in the box during attacks and out wide during transitions.

After tinkering a bit this is the tactic at the moment with my best XI, if there is Cuadrado on the right he'll become W S and Cancelo or De Sciglio FB s, if Dybala is at the centre of attack he'll become DLF S.

image.thumb.png.e06a81f73035620bdb3cc4930c55192a.png

It sems to work

image.thumb.png.216fe6e3eb7b4016be0adc31903cfb39.pngimage.thumb.png.33b1622049ce222f2135ceb861a86392.png

@Jyuan83   This is the last version of my tactic for Juventus, it is not a truly exact recreation but it gives you the feeling of this year style of play. A bit of possession, a bit of counter and then there is Cristiano. This is my preferred starting XI.

Tattica.thumb.png.c3b68c57a5eed4e5cb1e84b342755cdd.png

The main differences are the inverted wingback on the left while in reality Alex Sandro is more a flank player and the position of Pjanic that is not central. The rest is like when Douglas Costa plays on the left. An exact recreation is also hard to achieve because Allegri changes a lot from one game to another.

Calendario1.thumb.png.a8ab04ad0708fd4917cd4d5c2e5c26f6.pngCalendario2.thumb.png.cc5664967f0dbc1e83e1798d7359c72d.png

However, the results speak for themselves.

Finale.thumb.png.c6a1007225d86918b051709b6ce4eaa3.pngNotizie.thumb.png.539646517f6115323a79249204a42806.png

And also the achievements

• 4 weeks later...

Archived