Sports Interactive Community
RocheBag

Wide players with space to get a cross in dwell on ball

1 minute ago, BigV said:

A great implementation but it's there because of so many problems that have/haven't been seen or worked on. Honestly I think im just gonna wait till the next big update, I think it's unplayable in terms of what I want from both players and instructions IMO, but it'd be interesting in what the public beta offers or changes to see how it differs. 

The big issues improved in the public beta for me are crossing and unrequested direct passing. It's not perfect, especially if you play a system that wants central through balls from attacking midfielders, but it's better. The other ME was unenjoyable for me personally, this one... a bit better.

1 minute ago, pauly15 said:

The big issues improved in the public beta for me are crossing and unrequested direct passing. It's not perfect, especially if you play a system that wants central through balls from attacking midfielders, but it's better. The other ME was unenjoyable for me personally, this one... a bit better.

The "pass into space" option really killed my own style which I have constantly used in previous FM's, yeah CM's barely have the creative threading no matter how good your central midfield players are. Especially in a 3 man midfield where 1 is a playmaker, my box to box does more creating than Pogba which i've tested with other roles and seems to be the same for most. Agreed, i've stopped playing all together and waiting out but I might try the beta. Is there a way to use the open beta?

15 minutes ago, pauly15 said:

on attacking mentality the game's unplayable at the moment. also the crossing issue won't be fixed until player movement is.

11 minutes ago, BigV said:

Agreed, i've stopped playing all together and waiting out but I might try the beta. Is there a way to use the open beta?

steam-right click-properties-betas

1 hour ago, Mitja said:

steam-right click-properties-betas

Does this change anything with the official release game? like is it all in the same folders/overwrite current save etc? 

On 04/11/2018 at 19:57, DNV said:

That happens to me too, my wide players just wait to be tackled. Look at the number of AI's winger made, most of them are when my wide players hold on the ball in the wide area

unrealistic-tackling-ability.jpg

Also just look at the tackling percentage. I doubt you see a team in real life with 80% tackling success across the board. Players seem so easily tackled off the ball in the current ME, it's imo part of the reason why technical teams such as Man City so severely underperform in the current ME.

Hi everyone.

After a few days of testing, I think I understood the problem;
I have noticed that the players take the ball between their feet instead of crossing when "play for set pieces" is selected.
Test yourself and tell us if it works!

3 hours ago, Flohrinho said:

Also just look at the tackling percentage. I doubt you see a team in real life with 80% tackling success across the board. Players seem so easily tackled off the ball in the current ME, it's imo part of the reason why technical teams such as Man City so severely underperform in the current ME.

Dammmnnn thats pretty deadly lol. Why did they go to percentages btw rather than numbers like they used to do, I find it rather odd when you want to know how well they are doing in perspective of actual numbers and not percentages in certain stats. Shot to shot on goals ratio is awful for percentages but great for passing completion, they should revert back to their old ways. 

10 hours ago, Garlic said:

Hi everyone.

After a few days of testing, I think I understood the problem;

I have noticed that the players take the ball between their feet instead of crossing when "play for set pieces" is selected.

Test yourself and tell us if it works!

I don't have this instruction in my tactic, still happens

В 07.11.2018 в 17:45, CJ Ramson сказал:

The movement on the central striker is something we are looking in to and working on. If you feel like you are seeing really bad movement, please upload a PKM (in a separate thread lets try and keep this on topic) with timed examples of the lack of movement.

Thank you, that's a big relief to hear. So far changes in the game promise so much, but ME is putting me off to the point, where I'd rather abandon the game till the winter update. Glad to know, that you took all these pains into account

On 23/11/2018 at 20:00, pauly15 said:

join the public beta, the new ME has resolved it IMO.

Ok, this is embarrassing but I'm new to the forums: how do I join the public beta?

EDIT: got it

Edited by TOMetz

I don't really think there is a problem with crossing. Every now and then my players to that also but I blame it on their stats....like decision making or other things. I think it's a problem with the player....the quality, position or ppm. 

70% of the goals my teams scored are from crossing and add another 10-15% as result of a cross. I think it's  a huge number. 

The rate of crosses is abnormal. It does seem to matter what kind of play you wanna have (i.e. play through the middle, or choose only one side to attack), you still end up with scores of crosses from both sides. 

The rate these crosses are blocked is way too high. 

But really, i dont mind this that much. What i do mind, a lot, is the missing of the %^$%$$%# obvious play from a FB/WB, and instead of opting to ''go to the byline and cross''. There is really no difference if you have ticked the ''cross from deep'', he goes to the byline and cross to be blocked 80% of the time

The FB/WB receives the ball deep, he can play the one-two inside or in front of him with the winger, no, he goes to the byline and cross to be blocked 80% of the time

The FB/WB has all the space and time in the world to play a nice curved ball inside the area, oh no, he goes to the byline and cross to be blocked 80% of the time.

After 44 games I am counting 33 crosses per game (having the best team in the league i m in) with a succesful rate of 21%

This repetition of play is very annoying.

Edited by Hunter T

4 hours ago, Hunter T said:

There is really no difference if you have ticked the ''cross from deep'', he goes to the byline and cross to be blocked 80% of the time

i agree. there is no difference, cross from deep doesn't work....you have an options in player instructions and still doesn't work.

The issue is not the wide play it's the central play. As central play and through balls aren't an option, everything ends up out wide.

I've now spent 3 days testing different tactics different approaches different instructions reloading and replaying the same match 30+ times. It is simply not built into the game to be able to work an opponents defence open normally through intricate passing.... only way it is possible is to sit back and hoof a long ball over the defence or a crossed goal. I've grown frustrated with this now. Waste of time until a patch cones out to fix because there quite simply in no way around it.

Any team that should dominate a game can't breakdown a defence or create multiple CCC's and the game doesn't have 1 two's like in real life or a wing back disappears or the centre back just stands watching a ball sail over his head...

1 hour ago, Metz2015 said:

I've now spent 3 days testing different tactics different approaches different instructions reloading and replaying the same match 30+ times. It is simply not built into the game to be able to work an opponents defence open normally through intricate passing.... only way it is possible is to sit back and hoof a long ball over the defence or a crossed goal. I've grown frustrated with this now. Waste of time until a patch cones out to fix because there quite simply in no way around it.

Any team that should dominate a game can't breakdown a defence or create multiple CCC's and the game doesn't have 1 two's like in real life or a wing back disappears or the centre back just stands watching a ball sail over his head...

Completely agree, literally stopped playing and just been reading the forums everyday to see if any others pick up on it but you get the casual "it's your tactics" bs. Although the public beta seems to have a better ME but not to sure if its a massive improvement. 

The ME of the public beta is a lot better and a massive improvement, you'll get really goods crosses from the wings.