FM 19 English Level 7 Playoff Issue

TQ13PS

I'm trying to create the lower league database for the English league, but have already hit a slight problem.

Level 7 of the Pyramid has 4 leagues where 1 Team from each is automatically promoted to the National League North/South and then there is a playoff where 4 teams in each league play and the winner from each play another winner to determine who gets promoted. (Hope that makes sense)

When I set up the playoffs for these leagues, I get an error message on test saying "Conflicting top playoff between English Regional Divisions and English Istmian League Premier Division"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

You've probably solved your issue by now, but it sounds as if possibly you've edited the playoffs both in the parent competition (English Regional Premiers) and the specific Leagues themselves  as Isthmian is mentioned in your error message. In my experience you need to edit in one or the other not both. I can highly recommend Dan BHTFC's fine L10 update , you could download that and see how he has set things up.

On a further note, has anyone tried to model the Level 8 playoffs so that they mirror reality? IRL there are 7 playoff final winners from the seven leagues but two clubs with the lowest points per game average, in the regular season, miss out on promotion. I have no idea how to do that, or even if it can be done.

il y a 6 minutes, toiletfootball a dit :

You've probably solved your issue by now, but it sounds as if possibly you've edited the playoffs both in the parent competition (English Regional Premiers) and the specific Leagues themselves  as Isthmian is mentioned in your error message. In my experience you need to edit in one or the other not both. I can highly recommend Dan BHTFC's fine L10 update , you could download that and see how he has set things up.

On a further note, has anyone tried to model the Level 8 playoffs so that they mirror reality? IRL there are 7 playoff final winners from the seven leagues but two clubs with the lowest points per game average, in the regular season, miss out on promotion. I have no idea how to do that, or even if it can be done.

claassen did it.   https://community.sigames.com/topic/455771-fm19-leagues-world-pack-by-claassen-45-updates/?do=findComment&comment=11624208

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Have you managed to do the level 7 & 8 playoffs?

I downloaded Claasen's file, from the OP in the link above, opened it in the editor,  made a note of what he'd done, and have been able to create my own file with the English L7 and 8 playoffs eactly as they are planned IRL. I've simmed a season and everything works fine. All the credit must go to Claasen :).

8 hours ago, toiletfootball said:

I downloaded Claasen's file, from the OP in the link above, opened it in the editor,  made a note of what he'd done, and have been able to create my own file with the English L7 and 8 playoffs eactly as they are planned IRL. I've simmed a season and everything works fine. All the credit must go to Claasen :).

Would you have a go at doing it on my file when i have finished the editing on the database. I seem to get errors when i try it.

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

Would you have a go at doing it on my file when i have finished the editing on the database. I seem to get errors when i try it.

I'd be happy to give it a go yes. What Claasen did was to create one huge League just called Level 10, solely to facilitate relegation from the County Leagues  at level 9,  and to provide teams  for the FA Vase. So that would need to be replaced with the actual 19 Step 10 competitons you've created.   One way to do it fairly simply might be to remove all the rules fom your file and merge it with Claasen's , since he only edited rules and nothing else. You need to ensure that both files are saved sequentially with the file containing the rules being newer, as the newer file takes precedence on database changes. That would hopefully keep all your edits like L10 League names, prize money, awards etc.

If that didn't work all the rules would need to be re-done manually which as you know takes for ever and the slightest mistake can balls things up. I've only learnt this stuff by trial and error fairly recently so I am in no way an expert and I would assume that Claasen would need to be credited, since I could never have worked out the playoffs without his help.

Archived