Second team of bundesliga teams

I started a career with Hertha Berlin and I went to the second team's screen. They don't have any staff spots, i can't sign anyone for the second team. Also they don't have any games in their schedule. Is there any point for the second team? will they do anything or just sit there?

19 minutes ago, ikendz said:

I started a career with Hertha Berlin and I went to the second team's screen. They don't have any staff spots, i can't sign anyone for the second team. Also they don't have any games in their schedule. Is there any point for the second team? will they do anything or just sit there?

In Germany the second teams are in the regular league schedule. Most Bundesliga teams have theirs between the Third Bundesliga (third division) and the various Oberligas (fifth division).

With luck your team will be promoted to the third division which will give your prospects good and valuable professional playing time until they are fully ready for the first team or a good loan. 

Sadly being their own team in the database means you as a manager can't set the team and formation (except 'play first team tactics').

What I sometimes do when I have a playing second side (or for Bremen even a third) and a large, fit squad: I create a dummy manager to manage my reserves and schedule at least bi-weekly friendlies with the respective B-Squads of each team. This keeps all players match fit and you can test them further for your system. 

If you want to get a bit cheaty or make use of the reserves if the leagues are not loaded/set: Fire your reserve players that won't make the pros in your plans. Make your bench players available for the reserves during preseason. Schedule a lot of friendlies between your top 22 players. 

Not this season, no. If you are lucky (or reload a lot), the team can get promoted at the year's end if you have the Third League loaded up. Otherwise it will never play regular games as reserve teams are barred from the first two leagues. 

However, I think(!) even if they don't play proper games and none that produce stats, the game simulates a few fixtures every now and then. On my Pauli save I put my recovering captain there but forgot to schedule friendlies. Yet he still had sharpness and condition change as if he had regular playing practice. 

Archived