Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

I have wondered if it wouldn't be better if we modify GK contract so we will be signing him for different status. For outfield players we have key player, first team, rotation .... and now it is the same for GK but I think it would be better if they had 1st GK, 2nd GK, 3rd GK or young GK. In my opinion it fits better for GK. What's your opinion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure that I can see what benefits this will bring from the existing contract status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be easier to define how often the goalkeeper will play. It will be more realistic. You don't sign GK as rotation player. You sign him as 1st or 2nd keeper. I think it is more realistic and easier to explain for unhappy GK why he is not playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fil.jasz said:

It will be easier to define how often the goalkeeper will play. It will be more realistic. You don't sign GK as rotation player. You sign him as 1st or 2nd keeper. I think it is more realistic and easier to explain for unhappy GK why he is not playing. 

Totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First choice, Competition (you would have more than 1 of these, but no First Choice), 1st Reserve/Backup and then Hot Prospect/Young Keeper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, fil.jasz said:

It will be easier to define how often the goalkeeper will play. It will be more realistic. You don't sign GK as rotation player. You sign him as 1st or 2nd keeper. I think it is more realistic and easier to explain for unhappy GK why he is not playing. 

Key Player = GK1

First Team = GK 2 or 1

Rotation = GK 2

Backup = GK3

Hot Prospect = GK3 or 4

Youth = Never expects to play first team games

 

It's already there. If you GK is on a first team contract he will expect to play more than a GK on Backup contract and less than a GK on Key Player contract.

Use the following guides:

A Key Player should be starting around 60% games

A First Team should be starting around 50%

A Rotation player around 40%

 

If your GK1 is on a Key Player contract, your GK 2 should be on Rotation contract. Over a six month period, they should each get their playing time as above.

I usually try and keep my first choice GK on a First Team contract, my 2nd choice is usually a youngster I am developing on either a Backup or Hot Prospect contarct. AS long as the first choice GK starts half the matches he is happy, a Rotation/Backup GK needs 40% starts to be happy, so there is a little 'wiggle-room' for me if I want to give a youngster more starts, or need my first choice for big games at end of season.

I really don;t see the need to re-name the contracts just for GKs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will avoid using rotation status for keepers at all costs, for me the only logical options are Key/1st Team for my #1, Backup for #2 who tends to be an experienced journeyman or a solid #1 from a smaller club & a couple of Hot Prospects for when things get really unlucky. The diffculty is in finding a suitable keeper who is good enough to be trusted for a few matches if my number 1is out injured or suspended & does not need convincing to sign as a backup, if a transfer target asks for rotation or higher I simply end contract talks & move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snorks said:

Key Player = GK1

First Team = GK 2 or 1

Rotation = GK 2

Backup = GK3

Hot Prospect = GK3 or 4

Youth = Never expects to play first team games

 

It's already there. If you GK is on a first team contract he will expect to play more than a GK on Backup contract and less than a GK on Key Player contract.

Use the following guides:

A Key Player should be starting around 60% games

A First Team should be starting around 50%

A Rotation player around 40%

 

If your GK1 is on a Key Player contract, your GK 2 should be on Rotation contract. Over a six month period, they should each get their playing time as above.

I usually try and keep my first choice GK on a First Team contract, my 2nd choice is usually a youngster I am developing on either a Backup or Hot Prospect contarct. AS long as the first choice GK starts half the matches he is happy, a Rotation/Backup GK needs 40% starts to be happy, so there is a little 'wiggle-room' for me if I want to give a youngster more starts, or need my first choice for big games at end of season.

I really don;t see the need to re-name the contracts just for GKs.

 

I posted because in my opinion it would be better. I don't say that current solution is bad but it's not obvious for a newbie. I have played this game since 2015 and never knew numbers you gave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, fil.jasz said:

I posted because in my opinion it would be better. I don't say that current solution is bad but it's not obvious for a newbie. I have played this game since 2015 and never knew numbers you gave.

To be fair I have played since 2010 consecutively, and it was probably around 2015 I found that out myself!

I can see the logic, but personally, I prefer all players on the same contract definitions, GKs if anything are a bit easier as they tend to have fewer injuries and you only need two in he first team squad.

 

Try keeping an eye on he playing time percentage over a season, if you roughly keep to it, you will get far fewer complaints about playing time from players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with @Barside- I try to have a no1 keeper and then have only backups behind him.  I do, however, give the best backup keeper about 10 games a season and this keeps them happy for usually 2 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrazT said:

I agree with @Barside- I try to have a no1 keeper and then have only backups behind him.  I do, however, give the best backup keeper about 10 games a season and this keeps them happy for usually 2 seasons.

That works.

My 2nd choice guardian is usually a youngster so I am trying to give him 20+ starts if I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...