Sports Interactive Community
Monotone

Why some player don't full full a bright green full circle in the role ?

Why some player don't full  full a bright green full circle in the role ? 
I plays barcelona but i seem busqest and alena has not full  full a bright green full circle in the role.

hace 9 minutos, Monotone dijo:

Why some player don't full  full a bright green full circle in the role ? 
I plays barcelona but i seem busqest and alena has not full  full a bright green full circle in the role.

i don't really get what you try to say...first off, don't pay too much attention to the circle and more to the player stats, a player like busquets has not problems to be a defender, a player like modric is that bad as an DM in a support duty and so on, you have to place the player on your tactic, don't change your tactic for a full green circle

1 minute ago, WorcesterLegend said:

i don't really get what you try to say...first off, don't pay too much attention to the circle and more to the player stats, a player like busquets has not problems to be a defender, a player like modric is that bad as an DM in a support duty and so on, you have to place the player on your tactic, don't change your tactic for a full green circle

The frist I'm so sorry my englisn isn't good,i get it about you say but busqest and alena in my save has not the best role they don't has a full bright green full circle such as busqest best role for him is DLP(De) in fm 2018 he has full a bright green in circle but in fm 2019 he don't full in that role and any role for don't full ma bright green full circle.

hace 4 minutos, Monotone dijo:

The frist I'm so sorry my englisn isn't good,i get it about you say but busqest and alena in my save has not the best role they don't has a full bright green full circle such as busqest best role for him is DLP(De) in fm 2018 he has full a bright green in circle but in fm 2019 he don't full in that role and any role for don't full ma bright green full circle.

as i said don't see the circles, those are only a guide, just look at the stats, and you are good to go, a player will do just fine even if he has 3/4 of the circle

I think the poster means that there is no position that has the full green circle, You would assume every player would have at least one position they are best suited too over others but several have non

I assume it is just because there is no role they are 'perfect' at existing in game 

16 hours ago, cris182 said:

I think the poster means that there is no position that has the full green circle, You would assume every player would have at least one position they are best suited too over others but several have non

I assume it is just because there is no role they are 'perfect' at existing in game 

Yes,I mean you says.

BS.png

CA.png

I think he wants to say that Busquets is dlp/d for dm position with a full green circle but when he puts him there hr doesn't have it. I noticed the same thing in my save. One game he will have a full green and next game he does not. Same role ,same tactic. 

31 minutes ago, luka_ said:

I think he wants to say that Busquets is dlp/d for dm position with a full green circle but when he puts him there hr doesn't have it. I noticed the same thing in my save. One game he will have a full green and next game he does not. Same role ,same tactic. 

Yes as i said,in fm 2018 busqest has full green circle but in fm 2019 he has 3/4 in dm position since open beta until now if me play.

hace 12 minutos, Monotone dijo:

Yes as i said,in fm 2018 busqest has full green circle but in fm 2019 he has 3/4 in dm position since open beta until now if me play.

some player are that, there is just no real in game role for the player's behaviour in the field, is as Messi, he is just versatile that he roams almost every place of the attacking Positions irl, as for Busquets it is said that he make the same stuff a DLP and Anchor man would do, but is also kind or a regista, there is no role to define him an i guess thats why, i have come across with regen Strikers that can play in both AM sides and have no full bright circle and say...poucher as his best role for striker in a 9/10 circle

21 hours ago, Wavelberry said:

I have never seen anyone have a full green circle as a Regista btw.

No Resgista,It is DLP(De) in fm 2018 he full green circle in dlp(de) but in fm 2019 he has 3/4 in circle role.

45378674_1930493370405420_8556397425768529920_n.png

Untitled.png

Il 3/11/2018 in 18:29 , WorcesterLegend ha scritto:

as i said don't see the circles, those are only a guide

I raised this point last year, and I'm still utterly disappointed the Circles are still there in all their confusing glory!

If the green circle is "a guideline" that can easily be ignored as long as the player's attributes fit the role WHAT'S THE POINT of even having them in the game?

The OP is probably only one of the many FM'ers who are perplexed by the game's Nth quirk. Player X  is a natural DM, but somehow, somewhat, NO ROLE for his natural position fits him 100% (at least according to the Circles...). What's the logic conclusion? Player X isn't gonna perform at his best in that position/role, so I'll try him someplace else... Likely with disappointing results, as, it turns out, the Circles aren't meant to be taken as Gospel apparently.

How does that make sense? And why is the general (half-official too) consensus "just ignore them"?!

If the Circles aren't there to help users to pick a player's best role/duty, why are they a thing?

22 hours ago, Monotone said:

I assume his attributes have changed enough that it now changed the indicator. Probably that drop in balance that tipped the scales. Regardless, it's just an indicator.

hace 2 horas, RBKalle dijo:

I raised this point last year, and I'm still utterly disappointed the Circles are still there in all their confusing glory!

If the green circle is "a guideline" that can easily be ignored as long as the player's attributes fit the role WHAT'S THE POINT of even having them in the game?

The OP is probably only one of the many FM'ers who are perplexed by the game's Nth quirk. Player X  is a natural DM, but somehow, somewhat, NO ROLE for his natural position fits him 100% (at least according to the Circles...). What's the logic conclusion? Player X isn't gonna perform at his best in that position/role, so I'll try him someplace else... Likely with disappointing results, as, it turns out, the Circles aren't meant to be taken as Gospel apparently.

How does that make sense? And why is the general (half-official too) consensus "just ignore them"?!

If the Circles aren't there to help users to pick a player's best role/duty, why are they a thing?

for guide really, it would be a disaster if you play a DM as a regista if he has red circle, also a Complete forward being only a top player role, is not actually about ignoring, is more of a "you should use him in another role" because stats or players' liking just doesn't match with it, its also the main source for the "play in favorite role" promise and about the player no fully performing is not actually true, they still perform , but they kind of make bad decisions from time to time...9/10 tiles will net you 1 error per season at most, a 3/4 circle will give you at most 2, the errors actually come more often when you reach 1/2 of the circle, and you have to be nuts or playing a challenge for playing all red/orange

1 ora fa, WorcesterLegend ha scritto:

you have to be nuts or playing a challenge for playing all red/orange

IIRC, the only affected attribute is Decisions, even when playing a player completely out of position.

I maintain even as a "guideline", the Circles are heavily misleading, no matter how big or little the penalty for not following their advice is. They'd be there to HELP, not to generate confusion, which there's already plenty of in FM tactical side anyway.

On 04/11/2018 at 12:41, Wavelberry said:

I have never seen anyone have a full green circle as a Regista btw.

Agreed. I am planning to play Jorginho in Regista role for my Chelsea save which is, i beleive, the role he plays in Sarriball he has no full green circle for any role in CM or DM position.

His best role in DM in, apparently DLP Defend (3/4 green circle, with Regista being his 6th best role (1/2 amber circle)!

His Regista suitablilty is probably heavily influenced by 2 of his preferable attributes for this role being relatively low : Long Shots 11 and Dribbling 12....

I will still be playing him as Regista and am sure he will perform well....may need to say driblle less though if he keeps losing possession by dribbling......

hace 12 minutos, RBKalle dijo:

IIRC, the only affected attribute is Decisions, even when playing a player completely out of position.

I maintain even as a "guideline", the Circles are heavily misleading, no matter how big or little the penalty for not following their advice is. They'd be there to HELP, not to generate confusion, which there's already plenty of in FM tactical side anyway.

would you play messi as a DM? i could play him as a CM if i wanted to, he has the stats for it, but for example you can't take adventage of his finishing skills, thats what im talking about, is not misleading, is just a way to saying this player can play here, but he doesn't know much of how the position works or his stats spread isn't ideal for the position/role as you said, it affects the decisions stat more but a CM has to have some tackling to take the ball of another CM, thing that i don't think messi could do, even if he can play the position, a better example, would you play Messi as a target man? i don't have the means to see it right now, but i guess if he has  6/10 is too much, this just tells you that messi shouldn't be a target man, but he has some stats that can make him a decent one, due to being a "natural" F9/Complete Forward he will roam more that a target man but he still can drible, he still can make the same shoots, is the same messi, just trying to play more static due to tactic

a irl example Lucas Vazquez playing as a WB, didn't do a good job, getting up way too much and his tackles and marking of players was questionable, now after sometime he got a little use to it

There's no hidden penalty for playing a player in a different role. There is a penalty to Decisions if he's played out of position. I wouldn't call it "only" decisions, because it affects every decision a player makes, but if he has the attributes, in general heshould be fine. Long term, it's always recommended to train someone's positional ability because the poor decisions could lead to missed opportunities or cost you to concede goals.

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

There's no hidden penalty for playing a player in a different role. There is a penalty to Decisions if he's played out of position. I wouldn't call it "only" decisions, because it affects every decision a player makes, but if he has the attributes, in general heshould be fine. Long term, it's always recommended to train someone's positional ability because the poor decisions could lead to missed opportunities or cost you to concede goals.

Surely there should be a penalty to position as well

Just now, tektonik said:

Surely there should be a penalty to position as well

As I said - there is.

14 hours ago, Monotone said:

No Resgista,It is DLP(De) in fm 2018 he full green circle in dlp(de) but in fm 2019 he has 3/4 in circle role.

45378674_1930493370405420_8556397425768529920_n.png

Untitled.png

It's likely due to the Key Attributes for the Role having changed from FM18, which will affect the calculation as the role rating is mainly based on a weighted average of the key attributes for the role. (it's also base on Position rating and foot for wide players @Seb Wassell might have more details on what goes into the calculation) I also think some of the roles have a CA check against them so it's also possible his low balance attribute has dragged the average below the threshold for him to get a full rating.

Though it's not essential to play a player in their strongest role, as it's just the game telling you what a players strongest role is but your tactic may be more effective with the player in a different role.

This occurred in FM18 too. I brought it up but never had an answer. IMO every player should have at least one role that they are fully green in.

51 minutes ago, Carninho said:

This occurred in FM18 too. I brought it up but never had an answer. IMO every player should have at least one role that they are fully green in.

There will always be players who aren't actually a specific thing though and are slightly unique in how they play the position compared to others, You can't cover all the ground 

3 minutes ago, cris182 said:

There will always be players who aren't actually a specific thing though and are slightly unique in how they play the position compared to others, You can't cover all the ground 

there are so many player roles though now so one should fit.

I could understand a little more if the players attribute stats weren't great, but not when they hit all the highlighted ones.

At the end of the day its not something that I lose sleep over :)

The whole green circle thing seems to do more harm than good. The people who know, ignore it. The people who don't, try to improve their team by having a player be as green as possible.

I feel bad for the people who don't visit the forums and therefore keeps trying to abide by the green circle.