FM19: Liverpool - Success Has Many Fathers

TheJanitor

Moving on...

Is anybody having trouble getting Salah to perform realistic goal/assist returns in the game when playing out on the right as an IF in FM20?

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Moving on...

Is anybody having trouble getting Salah to perform realistic goal/assist returns in the game when playing out on the right as an IF in FM20?

Hey,

In january on my save now.

Salah as IF (A) games: 16(+1 sub): 11 goals , 6 assists. Injured since 29th november. So I think that is a very good return on him.

Apart from that I gotta say you got the players pretty spot on. Up until this international break my team pretty much replicated that of Liverpool in real life with 11 wins and one draw in the league: 34 points, qualifying through to the knock out stages of the CL and through in the League Cup.

Other notables :

• Firmino up until november international fixtures on 3 goals (same as real life).
  • Mane also preforming good.
  • Alexander Arnold though scoring more goals (5) than assists (3) but hey. Not complaining!
  • Robbo on 9 assists.

Team seems to progress very well and have grown together. Seems that the midfield mix has been balanced well too.

Keep up the great work Diddy!

//Rangieboy

Edited by Rangieboy
Editing to make post easier to read

@Rangieboy Many thanks and good to hear everything looks realistic. Not sure why Robertson would have so many assists mind

For me however I am struggling with Salah in the Beta - 11 games,1 goal, 1 assist. Playing him the same as Mane who has 12 games, 9 goals, 3 assists

21 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Moving on...

Hi,

I've had issues with getting him to perform.

Currently mid-December first season:

• Salah: 16 apps, 4 goals, 5 assists
  • Mane: 20 apps, 11 goals, 1 assist
  • Bobby: 20 apps, 4 goals, 2 assists

While Salah's might seem decent (9 goal contributions in 16 games), most of it has just been the recent games. He didn't get a goal until 19th October and had 3 assists at that time before he scored (including one in the game that he scored).

Henderson however, has been amazing for me - 9 goals + 3 assists and probably 8 of those goals have been outside the box 25+ yarder screamers.

One thing that annoys me though (which you probably don't have control over) is how TAA is not a wonderkid at the start of the game or gets that label before he turns 21. But that's a minor thing considering we know how good he is and can be.

Shouldn't Gini have more stamina? It's on 14 but should be higher I think considering how much running around he does for Liverpool. I think 16 would make more sense (16 would put him on par with Milner in my current save but Milner starts on 17 and Hendo has 18)

Edited by A Double K
further clarification

@A Double K Salah was fine in the Alpha, although I've not had much time to play the Beta, I presumed he'd play the same.

Wijnaldum - I asked for his Stamina to go up from 14 to 16 before the datalock and I haven't been told it was too late. See if the DB is different tomorrow

2 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

@A Double K Salah was fine in the Alpha, although I've not had much time to play the Beta, I presumed he'd play the same.

Wijnaldum - I asked for his Stamina to go up from 14 to 16 before the datalock and I haven't been told it was too late. See if the DB is different tomorrow

Right I see, thanks for the response.

Quick unrelated question to this topic - Alisson starts injured but he got injured during the first game of the season so technically he shouldn't have been injured at the start of the game? Earliest start being in June 2019, Shouldn't only injuries to the people who were injured at the end of last season, like Ruben Loftus-Cheek for example, be carried into the game? Not sure if you're the right person to ask this to but just thought I'd mention.

3 minutes ago, A Double K said:

Right I see, thanks for the response.

Quick unrelated question to this topic - Alisson starts injured but he got injured during the first game of the season so technically he shouldn't have been injured at the start of the game? Earliest start being in June 2019, Shouldn't only injuries to the people who were injured at the end of last season, like Ruben Loftus-Cheek for example, be carried into the game? Not sure if you're the right person to ask this to but just thought I'd mention.

In the DB I would have added his injury from the Norwich game, so not sure why he'd be injured at the start unless its an AI issue.

Not sure why Hendo is doing so well for you , presuming you're playing him and Liverpool accurately as real life. 

3 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

@Rangieboy Many thanks and good to hear everything looks realistic. Not sure why Robertson would have so many assists mind

For me however I am struggling with Salah in the Beta - 11 games,1 goal, 1 assist. Playing him the same as Mane who has 12 games, 9 goals, 3 assists

You're welcome :)

Henderson has worked very well for me too. 6 goals 5 assists. (by december 27th) - playing him mainly as a BWM (s).

Mane for me (by same date as above) is 20(1) games : 10 goals + 4 assists. 

So pretty happy with it.

What tactics you using ?

I strive to replicate Liverpool as close as possible to real life every season so it is a lot of tweaking and reading up :) But I find that really fun and a challenge!

14 hours ago, Rangieboy said:

You're welcome :)

Henderson has worked very well for me too. 6 goals 5 assists. (by december 27th) - playing him mainly as a BWM (s).

Mane for me (by same date as above) is 20(1) games : 10 goals + 4 assists. 

So pretty happy with it.

What tactics you using ?

I strive to replicate Liverpool as close as possible to real life every season so it is a lot of tweaking and reading up :) But I find that really fun and a challenge!

I'm playing Hendo the same, think he's just had 2 assists up to end of December - so at least that's realistic:D 

I'm playing with a tweaked gegenpressing setting, high line, very attacking, playing offside, medium/long passing (I think) - but I'm like you the challenge is to make them play as realistic as possible. I believe the latest DB is now out, so will start again from scratch tonight and see what difference that then makes.

13 hours ago, ashlfcowen said:

Diddydaddydoddy -- H. Kane is extremely good in the game. Do you rate him that highly IRL? :)

There's no disputing his scoring output and if Divock ever left, I'd have Kane as Bobby's back-up any day :D

18 minutes ago, carlowsaint19 said:

Hi Diddy, will be a few days until I fire up the game. Did SI make any further changes you had suggested from the beta?!

I believe many of the minor tweaks I requested have made it, but not all (VVD's Stamina increase for instance). I won't know myself until I load the new version and do a review. Then hopefully I'll get them into the next DB update

1 minute ago, ashlfcowen said:

I mean our H Kane sorry :D

H as in Herbie. 

:lol: I saw a lot of Herbie prior to his loan last season and I thought he had good potential. His latest attributes will have come from the Doncaster AR though. I just think with the sheer numbers of midfielders and his age he'll miss out (along with Chirivella) being  a regular for us irl.

1 hour ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

I'm playing Hendo the same, think he's just had 2 assists up to end of December - so at least that's realistic:D 

I'm playing with a tweaked gegenpressing setting, high line, very attacking, playing offside, medium/long passing (I think) - but I'm like you the challenge is to make them play as realistic as possible. I believe the latest DB is now out, so will start again from scratch tonight and see what difference that then makes.

Yeah, thats more like it!

Just noticed the new database is out so loading it up now!

Cool, seems like we have most of the same ideas on how to make it work ingame. Good luck to you!

20 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

I have the same issues. I changed them both to IW(A) and it's a bit more realistic with them scoring 15 each in the league, although that's still quite low. 

I'm using the standard gegenpress 433 so I don't think I'm doing anything weird tactically that would affect it

3 minutes ago, paddypower said:

I have the same issues. I changed them both to IW(A) and it's a bit more realistic with them scoring 15 each in the league, although that's still quite low. 

I'm using the standard gegenpress 433 so I don't think I'm doing anything weird tactically that would affect it

Its bizarre that Mane is coming up with the number of goals/assists expected but not Salah when playing both as IF(A) - it wasn't an issue in the Alpha. As I say I'll try again now the lfull release is out.

I believe many of the minor tweaks I requested have made it, but not all (VVD's Stamina increase for instance). I won't know myself until I load the new version and do a review. Then hopefully I'll get them into the next DB update

Cool, looking forward to starting my save. Will prob leave the transfer window as disabled for the summer and work from there.

Is there any plans for someone to roll forward the thread for 2020? (Sorry not volunteering!)

On 18/11/2019 at 19:11, diddydaddydoddy said:

In the DB I would have added his injury from the Norwich game, so not sure why he'd be injured at the start unless its an AI issue.

Not sure why Hendo is doing so well for you , presuming you're playing him and Liverpool accurately as real life. 

I've been playing Hendo and Keita both as box to box midfielders and Fabinho sitting behind them. So not as similar to real life like you're playing. 

Currently 22/12/19:

Fab: 23 apps - 2 goals + 7 assists
Hendo: 22 apps - 10 goals + 3 assists
Keita: 18(3) - 6 goals + 2 assists

Oh damn, didn't realise FM was out today, thought it was end of the month for some reason...Had gotten to start of Jan 2020 and the team was doing really good so hopefully that continues in the new save. Will continue to monitor players.

Not had a chance to look at the stat changes as of yet.

Edited by A Double K
update

2 hours ago, A Double K said:

I've been playing Hendo and Keita both as box to box midfielders and Fabinho sitting behind them. So not as similar to real life like you're playing. 

Currently 22/12/19:

Fab: 23 apps - 2 goals + 7 assists
Hendo: 22 apps - 10 goals + 3 assists
Keita: 18(3) - 6 goals + 2 assists

Yep, play Hendo and Keita as BBM too and Fabinho as a DLP (D). Similar stats for Keita and Fabinho but you're getting more out of Hendo than I have and I'm a big fan of his. What about Wijnaldum? Hasn't contributed with goals/assists that much and only getting c6.8/10. I've yet to play the full release yet though

Yep, play Hendo and Keita as BBM too and Fabinho as a DLP (D). Similar stats for Keita and Fabinho but you're getting more out of Hendo than I have and I'm a big fan of his. What about Wijnaldum? Hasn't contributed with goals/assists that much and only getting c6.8/10. I've yet to play the full release yet though

Ah right I see - those three have been my main three - Gini has hardly played for me since he hasn't performed much in the cup games and coz the other two are playing so well. Yeah he was getting around 6.8/10 for me too.

But anyway, this was all in the beta. Need to see how it performs in full release. 

Not gonna buy Aouar for £60m and gonna focus on trying to get spare LB and RB - thinking Max Aarons of Norwich for RB, young and English and in my beta save, he became a wonderkid (not sure if he starts as one) but probably be expensive.

Edited by A Double K
more

FM20 start is really wierd for me.

Normally i buy a couple of first team players....but the squad is pretty good as is, and other than a backup left back and some youth, i dont think im going to buy or sell anyone until January window.

I ahve of course overhauled the staff, we have lots doing 2 staff roles which reduces their coaching stars, so got them on new contratcs with just 1 job then bought more staff.

Looking to offload Lallana, Origi, Lovren and Shaqiri on Jan or season 2 to get better replacements.

Starting new save for new db and patch etc...

Have I just been really unlucky or what...all the youngsters only have 3.5 * potential - in the beta save, they were rated highly...with 4* and potentially 5* for Brewster and Elliot, others were max 4* or is that just the initial impression of the youngsters and it'll change?

Edited by A Double K

8 hours ago, lfc 4 ever said:

my front 3 

salah 22 games 4 goals 4 assists

mane 17 games 6 goals 3 assists

bobby 21 games 14 goals 3 assists 

am just lucky fabinho has scored 8 pens 

That's a great return from Bobby though...he plays well for me but assists/goals are few. Hopefully that'll change this time round.

In the middle of pre-season friendlies.

9 hours ago, A Double K said:

That's a great return from Bobby though...he plays well for me but assists/goals are few. Hopefully that'll change this time round.

In the middle of pre-season friendlies.

ive just been playing him as a af an shoot on site working up to now

Hi all! Still no FM20 thread for LFC?

Had a quick question regarding useing the gegenpress preset tactic. I am only a couple of games into the season and have been using the preset gegenpress tactic. Doing great no worries as everyone is doing great and we're winning all our games. However, my centre forward always seems to get a low rating. Doesn't score or assist. Anyone else having this problem?

33 minutes ago, joekim87 said:

Hi all! Still no FM20 thread for LFC?

Had a quick question regarding useing the gegenpress preset tactic. I am only a couple of games into the season and have been using the preset gegenpress tactic. Doing great no worries as everyone is doing great and we're winning all our games. However, my centre forward always seems to get a low rating. Doesn't score or assist. Anyone else having this problem?

only my cf doing good 

Currently top at the start of Jan.

Tho Klopp is now Spurs manager and poached my assistant :(

My problem atm is trying to get more out of Firmino as the lone striker while also deciding on the 2 CM position in my 4-1-2-2-1 formation.

Just now, Siven said:

My problem atm is trying to get more out of Firmino as the lone striker while also deciding on the 2 CM position in my 4-1-2-2-1 formation.

klopp at city on mine in second season an took my assistant an playing a 4-2-3-1 with bobby up top shoot on site working at the minute

9 hours ago, Siven said:

Same on both accounts with me. If it helps I signed Buvac as ass man on my save if you haven’t found a new one yet

On 17/11/2019 at 20:50, diddydaddydoddy said:

Moving on...

Mo got 37 goals all comps in the first season for me, but he was on pens. Sadio got 16 all comps as a IFA and Bobby got 21 as a DLF on support for me. 37 wins 1 draw zero league defeats. 20 assists for Trent

13 hours ago, waynehead said:

Mo got 37 goals all comps in the first season for me, but he was on pens. Sadio got 16 all comps as a IFA and Bobby got 21 as a DLF on support for me. 37 wins 1 draw zero league defeats. 20 assists for Trent

good season mate

On 22/11/2019 at 12:54, lfc 4 ever said:

my front 3 

salah 22 games 4 goals 4 assists

mane 17 games 6 goals 3 assists

bobby 21 games 14 goals 3 assists 

am just lucky fabinho has scored 8 pens 

It's 30th November in my save and my front 3 have

Salah 17 (2) games 6 goals 9 assists

Mane 17(1) games 5 goals 5 assists

Firmino 18 games 14 goals 1 assist

Bobby is an absolute beast in the DLF - su  role.

19 hours ago, sparkycufc said:

around the same goals and assists as me mate 

19 hours ago, sparkycufc said:

1 minute ago, lfc 4 ever said:

around the same goals and assists as me mate 

Gents, what tactics are you using? Obviously these figures aren't what you'd expect if you are trying to replicate Klopp's real life tactics

On 28/11/2019 at 14:53, diddydaddydoddy said:

Gents, what tactics are you using? Obviously these figures aren't what you'd expect if you are trying to replicate Klopp's real life tactics

I'm using a modified Tiki Taka on positive as my primary tactic, overlapping full backs, with Salah and Mane as inside forwards.

GK - sweeper keeper attack

DR - WB su

CB  - BPD def

CB - BPD def

DL - WB su

DM - DLP def

CM - BBM su

CM - Mez su

AMR - IF at

AML - IF at

DLF - su

Now on 5th January and the scores on the doors are as follows: Salah 22(3) gls 8 ast 9, Firmino 27(1) gls 17 ast 3, Mane 25(2) gls 7 ast 5

• 2 weeks later...

What's everyone doing with Fabinho?

I usually drop Fabinho into a holding role as a DLP (S) and the Hendo as B2B and Wijnaldum or Ox as my AP in a 4123 - usual culprits up front.

Is there a better midfield layout? I notice some using Hendo as BWM, is that in CM? 

I've also tried using two SV's in FM19 which worked quite well with a B2B in front of them but felt strange because a midfield of 2 x SV and a B2B in a 4213 seems less, well, attacking?

10 hours ago, WynnZeroOne said:

What's everyone doing with Fabinho?

I usually drop Fabinho into a holding role as a DLP (S) and the Hendo as B2B and Wijnaldum or Ox as my AP in a 4123 - usual culprits up front.

Is there a better midfield layout? I notice some using Hendo as BWM, is that in CM? 

I've also tried using two SV's in FM19 which worked quite well with a B2B in front of them but felt strange because a midfield of 2 x SV and a B2B in a 4213 seems less, well, attacking?

I use him as a DLP Support. Had a great first season in PL with 36 played, 3 goals and 7 assists, averaging 7.48. Season 2 so far 5 apps, 2 goals 1 assist avg 7.56.  His pass completion is high 80's. I have Hendo as MEZ support and signed Bruno Fernandes, playing him as a BBM  support. They have been a very good combination, particularly Fernandes who was amazing with 22 goals in 36 PL appearances.  I rotate Keita, Gini and the Ox with these three. They all slot in well.

17 hours ago, MBhighfield09 said:

I use him as a DLP Support. Had a great first season in PL with 36 played, 3 goals and 7 assists, averaging 7.48. Season 2 so far 5 apps, 2 goals 1 assist avg 7.56.  His pass completion is high 80's. I have Hendo as MEZ support and signed Bruno Fernandes, playing him as a BBM  support. They have been a very good combination, particularly Fernandes who was amazing with 22 goals in 36 PL appearances.  I rotate Keita, Gini and the Ox with these three. They all slot in well.

I think I might keep him in DLP(S) then and try doing away with AP(S) for the middle two - start looking at Mez, Carrilero and B2B ijnstead. Gini does well in several roles it seems.