Sports Interactive Community
SynergyIso7

How do I start a save as an ex professional?

Hi, I've seen members over the years starting a new save as an ex professional. Someone done Carragher not too long ago and was wondering how I do it? I'm looking at starting Duncan Ferguson's managerial career but unsure on how I take him from his current coaching role and into a managerial career. 

Can anyone help? 

You mean take over the profile of a retiring player and that character will be your manager for your save?

Because if so, I have never heard anyone doing that, nor how it is possible in game.

Fair enough. But I've never heard of it or seen how you can on the game. Good luck searching though. :thup:

Maybe try editors hideaway forum, if it can be done they will probably know.

Edited by Jibby123

You cannot 'take over' an existing/ex-player you can only start as a fresh manager. If someone is role playing as Carragher then they will have just filled in his details on the Manager Profile screen instead of their own but their is no way to actually play as Carragher or Duncan Ferguson.

2 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You cannot 'take over' an existing/ex-player you can only start as a fresh manager. If someone is role playing as Carragher then they will have just filled in his details on the Manager Profile screen instead of their own but their is no way to actually play as Carragher or Duncan Ferguson.

It really is as simple as this. 

Just call yourself ‘Duncan Ferguson’ and match his history as best you can. You’ll have to take the real one out of the database if you want more realism.