[FM19] [WIP] New Zealand Football Database

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@leandro I'll try to look into the problem further (it will take a couple of days before I have the time though). But, if the file is working for others it might be an issue that only SI can answer. Perhaps, try moving all other files out of the Editor Data folder for a second, to see if there is some kind of conflict with another editor data file. 

Otherwise, it might be worth raising the issue in the bugs forum and attaching the file to see if SI can reproduce the issue.

20 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

Also, @Triple3, what start and end dates are you using for your tier 3 competitions? I haven't added or tested dates yet, so this information could potentially save me some time when I get to that stage of the process.

Hi DH,

When I said semi-realistic, I went for the actual dates for this years Premiership and Chatham Cup.
For lower leagues, I started cheating a wee bit and "assumed" the Winter season was the same across the country...

I have the NRFL leagues all playing Saturday @ 3pm, from 24th March to 1st September.  These are the dates I used for all leagues playing a full Winter Season.

For Mainland/Southern which play a split season, I took the dates from Mainland Football.
First part of the season 17th March to 9th June, then Southern Football League 30th June to 1st September.

Not sure if this helps in any way as it's probably what you already had?

@DementedHammer Just some of the rules missing, don't know if they apply to 2nd tier leagues:

Registration

Registration from 10th September 2018 to 10th October 2018.

- The NL Named Squad shall consist of a maximum of 23 Players;

- In the case of the league and The Championship Semi-finals, will be 16 Players (11 selected Players and up to five substitutes) for each match. In the case of The Championship Grand Final, will be 18 Players (11 selected Players and up to seven substitutes);

Up to a maximum of three (3) players may be replaced at any time during the match

In the Championship, clubs at their discretion may use one (1) additional substitute Player in extra time, in the event that extra time is played , even if a Club has not used all permitted substitutes and up to a total of four (4) substitutions.

- In the case of the league and The Championship Semi-finals, a maximum number of Six (6) Foreign Players and one (1) additional Foreign Player who has the nationality of an Oceania Football Confederation member association. In the case of The Championship Grand Final, a maximum number of Seven (7) Foreign Players and one (1) additional Foreign Player who has the nationality of an Oceania Football Confederation member association.

Transfer Opening Date: 3 rd January 2019.

Transfer Closing Date: 24th January 2019.

Disciplinary rules:

Five yellow cards shall result in a one Playing Day suspension; a further two single cautions (seven in total) shall result in an additional Playing Day suspension; and further two single cautions (nine in total) shall result in an additional Playing Day suspension.

edit: didn't play a full season, but the prize money seems to be a bit overpowered for the league, a 1st place prize of 100.000 sounds better if not lower

Hope it helps =)

Thanks @leandro. This will be valuable information. I haven't gotten close to fully implementing the rules yet. That will be done in a future update once most of the league structure is in place although I will probably implement some rules sooner to make things more playable.

Regarding the prize money. Yes, I will balance it in the future once I get an idea of how much is needed to keep the team's afloat. In my FM2018 version, the top teams kept going into serious debt without a big cash injection each year.

As an update, I added the AFF First Division tonight (tier 7 I think).

I'm now working on the Auckland regional leagues. When this is done, there will be eleven playable tiers and, as luck would have it, one team in the lowest tier will be playable, That team has the most awesome name of Clevedon Expendables.  I'm seriously considering starting a save with them when this whole project is completed.

On 17/11/2018 at 20:19, DementedHammer said:

Note: I might release a Wellington weather fix later, so that those playing in the Australian leagues can properly experience playing Wellington Phoenix away on a cold windy Wellington night.

YES - Love it!

On 23/11/2018 at 21:33, Parkera said:

YES - Love it!

Consider it done!

If anybody actively uses this, please feel free to provide feedback.

Note: You will only need this file if you're not using my NZ championship file. The changes in this file will be merged into the next NZ championship file that I upload (to be clear that's v288 or later).

Wellington Weather Patch v277.fmf

I've just uploaded a new version (v277) that goes down to the sixth regional division in the Auckland Football Federation (the eighth tier).

I should get the Northland and Auckland leagues finished reasonably soon. Then, I'll spend some time adding a bit of polish, before moving onto the Waikato and Bay of Plenty leagues.

There's a chance I'll get the northern region finished by next weekend.

Note: I've just noticed that I need to add league sorting rules for teams on the same points for the two bottom tiers. I will do this in the next update. 

19 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

Consider it done!

If anybody actively uses this, please feel free to provide feedback.

Note: You will only need this file if you're not using my NZ championship file. The changes in this file will be merged into the next NZ championship file that I upload (to be clear that's v288 or later).

Wellington Weather Patch v277.fmf

What file does it go in

2 hours ago, prot651 said:

What file does it go in

Just put it in the Editor Data folder like usual. The file should be automatically selected when you start a new career game. 

I don't have access to FM right now to give more detailed instructions, but I hope that helps. 

Hi guys,

I've spent almost 12 hours editing the file today, so I may as well release my changes, so that those that are interested can take a look at them. (Version 292 is now available)

There's now 25 playable divisions across 11 tiers. This includes the following regions:

• Northland (fully complete)
  • Auckland (Both NFF and AFF  competitions are complete. I still have to add the ASFA structure at some point, as some ASFA teams compete in the Chatham Cup (the NZ FA Cup).)
  • Waikato/Bay of Plenty (The WAIBOP Premier and Championship are available — I still need to add the local leagues for those regions).

I've also added some local cup competitions for the aforementioned regions. The AFF competitions aren't true to life at this stage, but they feel realistic. (Rather than splitting the AFF region into two regional cups, there is a cup for the top three tiers and plate for the bottom three tiers. Also, instead of the previous super cup between the winners of the two AFF regional cups, the AFF cup winner now plays the NFF cup winner. This isn't super unrealistic, as pretty much all the AFF and NFF teams are Auckland based, and it means that there is still a super cup to win in some form.)  

One thing that I need to look into at some stage: If a team is relegated into the same division as the team's reserve/B team, the reserve/B team is relegated to the next division. I hope that I can find a way of fixing that at some stage. I'm guessing that I will need to switch to advanced rules in order to resolve that particular quirk.

I will take a rest for a bit, but the plan is to get the Waikato and Bay of Plenty leagues completed by next weekend.

4 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

Hi guys,

I've spent almost 12 hours editing the file today, so I may as well release my changes, so that those that are interested can take a look at them. (Version 292 is now available)

There's now 25 playable divisions across 11 tiers. This includes the following regions:

• Northland (fully complete)
  • Auckland (Both NFF and AFF  competitions are complete. I still have to add the ASFA structure at some point, as some ASFA teams compete in the Chatham Cup (the NZ FA Cup).)
  • Waikato/Bay of Plenty (The WAIBOP Premier and Championship are available — I still need to add the local leagues for those regions).

I've also added some local cup competitions for the aforementioned regions. The AFF competitions aren't true to life at this stage, but they feel realistic. (Rather than splitting the AFF region into two regional cups, there is a cup for the top three tiers and plate for the bottom three tiers. Also, instead of the previous super cup between the winners of the two AFF regional cups, the AFF cup winner now plays the NFF cup winner. This isn't super unrealistic, as pretty much all the AFF and NFF teams are Auckland based, and it means that there is still a super cup to win in some form.)  

One thing that I need to look into at some stage: If a team is relegated into the same division as the team's reserve/B team, the reserve/B team is relegated to the next division. I hope that I can find a way of fixing that at some stage. I'm guessing that I will need to switch to advanced rules in order to resolve that particular quirk.

I will take a rest for a bit, but the plan is to get the Waikato and Bay of Plenty leagues completed by next weekend.

Great work mate

I've just released a minor update. I've fiddled with the crowd sizes and the facilities (which impact newgens), as some lower league teams were a bit overpowered and getting back to back promotions up through the pyramid. It seems to be working much better now. This is also reflected with more realistic results when teams from different divisions play in cup competitions. 

On 21/11/2018 at 09:26, Triple3 said:

Hi DH,

When I said semi-realistic, I went for the actual dates for this years Premiership and Chatham Cup.
For lower leagues, I started cheating a wee bit and "assumed" the Winter season was the same across the country...

I have the NRFL leagues all playing Saturday @ 3pm, from 24th March to 1st September.  These are the dates I used for all leagues playing a full Winter Season.

For Mainland/Southern which play a split season, I took the dates from Mainland Football.
First part of the season 17th March to 9th June, then Southern Football League 30th June to 1st September.

Not sure if this helps in any way as it's probably what you already had?

Sorry. I missed your reply originally. Thanks. This is useful information. 

Regarding my progress. I hit an issue with a corrupt file, and I had to revert to the last published version, losing almost a week of changes.

That's not a completely bad thing though, as it has made me re-evaluate and change my approach, and will make things much faster in the long run — I'm now working on a tool that will allow me to import data without having to use the FM editor for the majority of the changes. Once completed, it will be able to bulk import teams, cities, weather etc, which will significantly speed up the process of adding data. I'll be happy to share this tool when it is done (assuming that SI are okay with it).

I'm pretty close to fully completing the northern region so I will do that first. Then, I will spend some time working on a faster and more reliable method of importing the data.

Bay of Plenty Division One now added (version 310).

If anybody is wondering why progress has dropped off, I've a had a lot of issues with corrupt data. Even though I was using a version control system, it was very hard to determine how far back in the past the corrupt data was introduced. Luckily, a new version of the editor has been released and some of my issues seem to have been addressed. I'll have to keep an eye on things though.

I'll try to add the Waikato leagues tomorrow, which will complete the northern league structure. I may also add a basic placeholder FA cup system, so that those playing the northern region have another cup competition to aim for.

After that, I'll start adding Federation Six (the upper South Island). I'll also be working on my data import tool. When It is confirmed as working I will reach out to those that are interested in helping me to add data.

11 hours ago, SweetDee69 said:

This is insane work, genuinely considering doing a big save here, is there any chance of the clubs becoming professional with success? I've never played in a league that doesn't have a pro team

Good question. Honestly, I don't know. I've  set the high school and university teams to always be amateur. But, in theory, the other teams could progress to being professional if they have sustained success.  I assume that it will partially come down to finances, plus success on the field. Although, I don't know if the low reputation regional cups and championships will increase a team's reputation enough to make them decide to change to professional status.

Hi all. v321 has now been released. This pretty much completes the northern region, which covers the Auckland, Northern and Waikato/Bay of Plenty football federations (so 3 down and 4 to go in terms of getting the entire country completed).

I've holidayed through until 2035. There is one minor issue that creeps in around 4-5 seasons in where, very occasionally, a team ends up being moved into another division outside of their region. I haven't been able to find the trigger for this occurring, but hopefully, once I set the regional boundaries for each team and division, and all teams are in a division, then that problem will go away.

As a bonus, I've added around 40 stadiums. I've done this alphabetically, and gotten as far as East Coast Bays. 

Enjoy. And, as always, any feedback or suggestions are appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

V322 has been released. This adds the Nelson First Division, and a first go at a southern championship playoff system. This doesn't reflect real life at this stage, as that will involve the advanced editor, and I'm saving all advanced editor changes to the end.

Currently, what happens, is after the Mainland and Southern leagues have finished, the top 5 Mainland and top 3 Southern teams will play in a cup competition. The cup has a group stage with two groups. The top team from each group then plays home and away to decide the winner of the Southern Championship.

I ran two years of simulation to test the fixture generation, and in my save Ferrymead Bays have romped home, winning both Southern Championships. 

image.thumb.png.9b922ebdee3702fb84ad67474649ee05.png

• 2 weeks later...

@timmarkcorcoran You may be interested to know that I'm about to start adding the Donald Gray teams and championship. For the teams that I'll be adding, feel free to let me know the main grounds, training grounds, secondary grounds etc. As you have a special interest in this region, I will try to add it as realistically as possible.

6 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

@timmarkcorcoran You may be interested to know that I'm about to start adding the Donald Gray teams and championship. For the teams that I'll be adding, feel free to let me know the main grounds, training grounds, secondary grounds etc. As you have a special interest in this region, I will try to add it as realistically as possible.

Enwood FC - McQuarrie Park , McQuarrie St Invercargill

Gore Wanderers AFC - Hyde Park, Broughton St Gore

Old Boys AFC - Waverley Park, St Andrew St Invercargill

Queens Park AFC - Surrey Park, Tay St Invercargill

Southend United - Bain Park, Saturn St Invercargill

Thistle AFC - Football Turf, Islington St Invercargil

Waihopai AFC - Surrey Park, Surrey Park Rd Invercargill

Western FC - Aparima College Gruonds , Leader St Riverton

Winton FC - Moores Reserve, Price Rd Winton

Wyndham Town FC - Menzies College Grounds, Alma St Wyndham ( currently only has womens team since founding in 2018 but is adding male teams)

All grounds above are used for playing and training and are local "parks or reserves" with no seating and built up terraces

Below grounds are used if conditions require "home' grounds to be closed, (these also have no seating)

O'Rourke Park - Sandy Point Rd Otatara

Sandy Point Domain - Sandy Point Rd Otatara

The odd game is sometimes played at Rugby Park Stadium - Tweed St Invercargill (capacity 18,000, with about 6000 seated)

12 hours ago, timmarkcorcoran said:

You bloody legend.

Keen to do a better job with Queens Park than dad did in the early 90s HAHAHA

Speaking of Queens Park, when I was adding them, I checked out their website as I usually do to get the kit colour and style etc.

I found this picture which I sent to my dad. He says that he remembers riding in it!

QPPhoto6

Also, @timmarkcorcoran can you find a picture of Queens Park's away kit? I'm struggling to find a picture, so I've made it their original black and white hoops for the time being.

Here's how it currently looks (I'm open to suggestions because there are several variations on the home kit on the website):

Home:

image.png.380e2a45216de176f44e5f2b0391d90b.png

Away:

image.png.d352070956bdc36febf66b065e4de79d.png

2 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

Here's a very early version of the Donald Gray in case you want to take a look. There's no championship playoff yet, and the Southland weather hasn't been implemented. The teams, stadiums and kits have been added though.

NZ Championship v328.fmf 150.96 kB · 1 download

In regards to the home kit there is not a massive budget so as the first team changes kits they are handed down so this causes the style / colour mismatch.

In regards to their away kit i love what you have done with the black and white,i honestly havent seem them rock one since the mid 90s due to a lack of teams with clashing colours. if memory serves correct it was a white top with red socks and shorts.

Im going to get a trial save started now :)

46 minutes ago, timmarkcorcoran said:

Im going to get a trial save started now :)

You'll have your work cut out catching Gore! I holidayed through to 2027, and they won every season.

Also, are there any club rivalries that you want me to implement? It will add a bit of atmosphere for you.

5 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

Also, to save you telling me this, I can see that I need to adjust the colour scheme a bit, as it is pretty hard to read:

image.thumb.png.003b0f8f3828d2e5e1f93b20441f2585.png

Also, it looks like Surrey Park has been upgraded!

image.thumb.png.fa55c26519cdefc6474ab65e16fa8202.png

Gore are doing well currently i believe,

Rival wise everyone hates Old Boys. 

Traditional Queens Park v Thistle was heated ( dad once broke a dudes nose in the tunnel prematch) 

Forgot to mention Southend United are know affectionately as "the Clammets" 

Here's an updated version of the Donald Gray Championship.

The changes are:

• The Donald Gray championship playoff has been implemented. It's currently 2 legs for the knockout rounds (I'm not sure if that's correct or not but it seems the fairest way to do it).
  • Southland weather has been added (plus the Wellington weather patch has finally been merged)
  • Rivalries have been added (I'd hate to manage Old Boys because everybody hates them!)
  • Other minor fixes.

NZ Championship v333.fmf

Tomorrow, I plan to add the other two divisions. I'll also fit Wyndham Town FC in somewhere (either as an extra team, or in place of a reserve team)

19 minutes ago, DementedHammer said:

Here's an updated version of the Donald Gray Championship.

The changes are:

• The Donald Gray championship playoff has been implemented. It's currently 2 legs for the knockout rounds (I'm not sure if that's correct or not but it seems the fairest way to do it).
  • Southland weather has been added (plus the Wellington weather patch has finally been merged)
  • Rivalries have been added (I'd hate to manage Old Boys because everybody hates them!)
  • Other minor fixes.

NZ Championship v333.fmf 154.19 kB · 0 downloads

Tomorrow, I plan to add the other two divisions. I'll also fit Wyndham Town FC in somewhere (either as an extra team, or in place of a reserve team)

Many thanks , i really am jealous of you clever bastards that can get all these leagues made :)

22 hours ago, timmarkcorcoran said:

Many thanks , i really am jealous of you clever bastards that can get all these leagues made :)

Basic use of the editor isn't that hard. It's more a case of putting the time aside to do it... I won't touch FM 19 from a playing point of view until I've got the NZ leagues completed to the stage where I can properly add the Chatham Cup,

On 20/11/2018 at 11:16, CX1329 said:

It's definitely a fantastic project, much better than the New Zealand databases I used in the past. I've settled on a serious save on the previous version, since it added the Central Premier League featuring my beloved Wellington United and it's perfectly playable already. This year will be the first time I'll have two serious saves going on at the same time, since I still fully intend to manage a bottom tier New Zealand side once it's all done. :D

@CX1329

You're up next mate. I'll be adding the local Wellington leagues next. Honestly, I should have done that from the start, since you are the guys who will be using this editor file.

Archived