FM19: The English Football League thread

warlock

50b1a7b4134116e08bd7ca819d786a29698355a5

Aaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:seagull: :seagull: :seagull:

Honestly. It serves me right, I stood by this guy despite several people telling me to bin him but I didn't and to be fair he managed to get all the way to February without doing it again but that's the last straw!!! I've had enough!!! 

Edited by Jamesbfc1887

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jamesbfc1887 said:

Unbelievable Jeff!!!! :D

Well, I can't quite believe it. From February onwards we just hit a vein of form, and all my hopes for better performances in front of goal were realised. We were scoring 3 in game after game, and Mo Eisa suddenly found his shooting boots at exactly the right time.

Will have to do an Accrington Stanley-type rebuild for the Premier League!

4 minutes ago, Jamesbfc1887 said:

It serves me right, I stood by this guy

No good deed goes unpunished! But I have nothing but sympathy for you... always a blow when you do the 'right' thing and it turns out to be the wrong thing. Stick him in the reserves and move on.

5 minutes ago, warlock said:

when you do the 'right' thing and it turns out to be the wrong thing. Stick him in the reserves and move on.

Exactly, I tried to be nice to him and be forgiving. I'll let him rot in the reserves now, it's a shame because he's a real talent and he's improving all the time.

Wow, congratulations @warlock! I'm glad you decided to give it a go in the Championship, as you would have missed out on such a great accomplishment. :D 

I have a feeling that Nishimura needs to go, no matter the cost @Jamesbfc1887. Complete liability and you can't afford that when you're a club such as Accrington. 

Colchester: Championship, May

yyvdxFbh.png?1

As mentioned, our form through February onwards - while not perfect - was far beyond my expectations. As has often been the case with Colchester, we produced outstanding performances against some of the best teams in the league, and sleepwalked our way through games against poor opponents. But when we did drop points, so did our rivals - Hull, Boro, Sheff Weds and Derby all dropped a lot of points, while we, Villa and West Ham rose up the table. By mid-April we were top by the narrowest of margins and went into the penultimate game needing a win to secure promotion and possibly the title. A visit from struggling Milwall looked perfectly winnable - and we lost. But no sooner had I finished tearing a strip off the team in the dressing room when word came that our closest rival had also lost and automatic promotion was ours.

I was ready to settle for that, especially with a final game away at Reading, who we'd only managed a home draw against earlier. The lads turned in another stunning performance to clinch the title.

ZaogJych.png?1

Jordan Graham retained his hold on the top-scorer position, but Mo Eisa eventually struggled his way to double figures. I'm not yet sure whether I'll carry on the save but if I do I think Mo will have to go. Transfer budget is £28m, but i think some of that will have to go into wages, and I think we'll need to recruit around 11 new signings, a mix of first-team talent and backups. But going into England's top flight, Colchester will feature a number of players from the L2 squad, including Frankie Kent and Ben Stephenson, Kane Vincent-Young (our biggest seller in shirt sales!) and Courtney Senior.

Edited by warlock

Congrats @warlock! Great job! I hope you can get some good names for the Premier League!

@Jamesbfc1887 lol, Nishimura really looks like an a-hole. I'd cut him!

---------------------------------------

Grimsby, Transfer Window 22/23

I'm still mentally preparing for the season, but I finished my transfer window.

HFj6ae5.png

It's really liberating finally having a bit of money to spend! I think I overpaid a bit for Tom Davies, but you do what you gotta do and he's good enough to run our midfield. Second biggest signing was Amine Gouiri, transfer listed on Lyon. He's not the perfect for the pressing forward role I use, but he is too good for his price tag. Then we have a 35yo Mark Noble! I bet he was already planning retirement in France, but then I called him to play for the worst Premier League team and he was too polite to say no. If you don't look at his pace and acceleration, he's still a pretty good player and will bring lots of experience to our squad. Koen Casteels and Jack Stephens are the other two I think are going to start in our first 11.

We get to the Premier League with two players from the League 2 days. Goalkeeper James McKeown, that actually plays for Grimsby since the Vanarama days, and centerback Alex Whitmore. And just because I'm a huge nerd, I keep a spreadsheet with all the players that I had. All the heroes that helped us get here #AvengeTheFallen

1457277393_All-TimeGrimsby.thumb.png.33cab33142354fbe6c05e505a6ae8c24.png

@Jamesbfc1887 OMG, what a muppet that guy is. Annoying but very interesting to have a curveball like that thrown at you, it's nothing I have ever experienced. Repeat offences makes him almost like a modern day George Best or Robin Friday (RIP), but in fact he's probably more like Nile Ranger :herman:

@warlock Superb, congratulations. You're doing a great job and I'm glad it's been an enjoyable time in Essex. You're a season ahead of me, and at least one league :lol:

@smplfc123 With that criteria, Bolton fits like a glove. But it's hard to warm to them these days :idiot:

@JR_Junior I like your record keeping, I found it great to look at and see who has served you over the years :)

For those that commented on my last update, thanks for the words and appreciation. I've just finished season 2 so expect an update soon. Apologies in advance for the usual waffle that will accompany it :kriss:

26 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Apologies in advance for the usual waffle that will accompany it :kriss:

No apology necessary - I'm partial to a bit of waffle. Looking forward to seeing how your season's going.

Colchester United - Season 2

February 2020 was a good month for the club, with four league wins (including an away win at leaders Barnsley) out of five

Whilst the loss at home to Bristol Rovers was a shock, the Checkatrade Trophy defeat by Peterborough  was a blessing

Unfortunately the start of March wasn't good, with consecutive (and poor) losses threatening to derail my season

But a team meeting saw the boys respond with a thrashing of Carlisle, a draw at promotion rivals Peterborough, and victory over Burton

April was mixed, and after losing to AFC Wimbledon I dropped to 3rd with two games to go (both away from home)

The game plan for a trip to Home Park in Plymouth was clear and simple. Keep it tight and try to nick a goal

With the listening skills of the Japanese waster in Accrington, that churned out a ridiculous 7-3 away win - not that I minded

So, with one game left, I was 2nd again, and needed just a point at Gillingham to seal promotion

This time the instructions were followed closely, and the gloss was added when Szmodics won the match 1-0 with a late penalty

Back to back promotions wasn't what I had imagined, but on reflection, I think it had been deserved

1593485148_ColchesterFixtures2.4.thumb.png.127fa7ea483d47230622e388353501a9.png

Here is the final league table

Interestingly, that's more home losses than I can ever remember having (other than my shambolic PL fail with Fulham in FM18)

1351728529_ColchesterSkyBetLeagueOnetable.thumb.png.f2e9fd312b094769e495fa2300eeaa5b.png

Shankland was good in spurts, and compared to @warlock  I can't moan at all about the goals my team scored

I didn't have the same defensive results that my fellow manager enjoyed, but I think I'd trade that for the bank balance I've achieved  

1682466847_Colchesterprogress2.3.thumb.png.9faa679f0f5a1db0dda5d44769540ca4.png

The competitions review is below, not bad at all for a club of this stature

And the runs in the Carabao Cup and FA Cup were largely responsible for the financial results achieved

1265902557_Colchesterseason2review.thumb.png.d255b365380004018b0f35b2396dd427.png

Here are the squad stats across all competitions

Most of the new signings had contributed well, but plenty of the original group had played a big part in the season's success too

One of those, Brennan Dickenson, walked away with the player of the season award after receiving over 60% of the fans votes

457937389_ColchesterPlayers2.1.thumb.png.c0d619ca6b6e4b1f4c5cf90700d7c6c7.png

1481591446_ColchesterPlayers2.2.thumb.png.e4e1f9aeaebd9923e18649edbd6c5d5a.png

Should the journey continue at Championship level, the board have given a healthy wage budget and £2.42 million for transfers

1507505657_Colchesterseason3budget.thumb.png.6cd8f92d46c73b038c50a8292a945b60.png

It's been two very enjoyable seasons with Colchester, and the challenge to stabilise the club at a higher level is appealing

However, I'm such a slow FM player that I think it's time to consider a new team (or at least park this up and take a break for now)

Edited by Jogo Bonito

21 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Back to back promotions wasn't what I had imagined, but on reflection, I think it had been deserved

I concur :applause:

I'm envious of your financial acumen. That aside, we've broadly got the best out of a mixed bunch of players. Interesting that Dickenson is doing so well for you... he's been fine for me, but not consistently good. And a heads up if you do continue: Pell, who was equally good in my second season, came up way short of the Championship standard, and Oliver Kensdale's progress stalled badly. Kent and Stephenson took to the higher level with no troubles.

Interested to see what you do next... I'm just about convinced that I'll be trying something different, but that leads to the problematic question: who next? :rolleyes: :lol:

13 minutes ago, warlock said:

Interested to see what you do next... I'm just about convinced that I'll be trying something different, but that leads to the problematic question: who next? :rolleyes: :lol:

Thanks for the words, it's been a really good spell but just due to time I think I'll be heading to a new destination. I may come back here at some point in the future though.

I think the squad is, on paper, very well balanced for L2. Dickenson played a lot at LB for me, probably nearly as many there as at LM/LW. Assist numbers were boosted by free kicks and corners, I think. Kent was my VC this year but as Lapslie was injured for most of it (and average at best when fit), Frankie was often the leader on the pitch. I really can't complain about any of them to be honest. In summary, we have both done well and it's been nice to try and keep up with your pace!

Your question quoted above is appropriate. It takes me longer to decide 'which club' than actually playing the game. Ring any bells @DefinitelyTaylor :lol:

Edited by Jogo Bonito

3 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Your question quoted above is appropriate. It takes me longer to decide 'which club' than actually playing the game. Ring any bells @DefinitelyTaylor :lol:

It does indeed. It's not even funny how much I've tossed and turned over who to go with :lol:. Congratulations on promotion, too!

4 minutes ago, warlock said:

I remember that guy... didn't he used to play FM? :p

Nice one :lol:  Harsh but fair :brock:

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

:lol: I've done a few bits and pieces aside from *trying* to do an EFL save, to be fair. I'm looking into League Two at the minute! 

:stop: For FM19 or FM20? :lol:

4 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

With the listening skills of the Japanese waster in Accrington,

:lol: Congrats on the promotion. It'll be interesting to see which club you visit next.

3 hours ago, warlock said:

I remember that guy... didn't he used to play FM? :p

:applause:Well played sir, well played.

3 hours ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

I have no idea anymore... :lol::rolleyes:

I heard Bradford and Ipswich were looking interesting for next season. I know that's cutting it close but it should give you about 7 months to decide on something :p.

But seriously, these are the important decisions in life, 'who to manage on FM?' I've been thinking about my next move after Accrington and a DOF challenge might be the way forward, working under the stewardship of the somewhat self obsessed Darragh MacAnthony could be interesting and a bit different.

I'm not sure how it happened, but after just a few hours - a few hours!!! - I've decided my next save is going to be Preston North End. I was looking through the EFL teams and pondering the clubs I've never managed, and suddenly it hit me. Preston was the first - and I believe the only - club that the great gentleman of English football, Sir Bobby Charlton, ever managed. Some of you may have realised that Bobby is one of the primary inspirations for my FM alter ego Nobby Charlton, and he was my greatest football hero through my formative years. Just to add to the attraction, the Preston squad features two former Man Utd academy players in Ben Pearson and Josh Harrop. To clinch the deal, the squad is ideally suited to a 4231 which, I may have mentioned, I've never had much success with. Preston is perfect!

So, I'm installed as manager, played through pre-season without defeat (for what that's worth), and we're ready to get a new era underway. Here we go... :onmehead:

4 hours ago, warlock said:

I'm not sure how it happened, but after just a few hours - a few hours!!! - I've decided my next save is going to be Preston North End. I was looking through the EFL teams and pondering the clubs I've never managed, and suddenly it hit me. Preston was the first - and I believe the only - club that the great gentleman of English football, Sir Bobby Charlton, ever managed. Some of you may have realised that Bobby is one of the primary inspirations for my FM alter ego Nobby Charlton, and he was my greatest football hero through my formative years. Just to add to the attraction, the Preston squad features two former Man Utd academy players in Ben Pearson and Josh Harrop. To clinch the deal, the squad is ideally suited to a 4231 which, I may have mentioned, I've never had much success with. Preston is perfect!

So, I'm installed as manager, played through pre-season without defeat (for what that's worth), and we're ready to get a new era underway. Here we go... :onmehead:

Perfect. I've managed Preston a couple of times on recent versions and loved it. My FM18 effort only stopped when they got a tycoon new owner after just one season as it ruined the ethos of the club for me. Enjoy, and I'm sure you will do better there than Bobby (or Nobby) did.

I'm still in @DefinitelyTaylorterritory, trying to decide on my new club.

Whilst undecided on which EFL club to start with, I decided to start unemployed and holiday until mid-November. Fast forward a month and I was given an early Christmas present, an offer to turn Forest's season around:

image.thumb.png.19517bfd6a9bea7a6c4ac79b52331ddf.png

It's not going to be a long term save and i'm still looking for my next project, but in the mean time I'm going to have a bit of fun trying to get Forest in to the mid table spot that I promised the board.

9 hours ago, warlock said:

I'm not sure how it happened, but after just a few hours - a few hours!!! - I've decided my next save is going to be Preston North End.

Looking forward to seeing how you do with Preston. I quite like them myself and have been twice in the past year or so. They also have Ben Davies who is from Barrow and given we're such a small town, it's always nice to see players from the area. Hoping he does well for you! Good luck.

5 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I'm still in @DefinitelyTaylorterritory, trying to decide on my new club.

I'm glad the selection process has now been named after me. It really is an honour. :D :lol:

5 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I'm sure you will do better there than Bobby (or Nobby) did.

Hope so! (I think Bobby was just too nice to be a manager.)

2 minutes ago, smplfc123 said:

an early Christmas present, an offer to turn Forest's season around:

Excellent prospect; a Forest save is still on my to-do list. Good luck!

3 hours ago, warlock said:

Excellent prospect; a Forest save is still on my to-do list. Good luck!

Thanks mate. I didn't realise how many average players they had on their books at such high wages too! Rebuild needed indeed. Most of which have come to me asking for a transfer as O'Neill hadn't been playing them!

How has the brexit been treating all of you? I have been lucky I guess getting the maximum 17 foreigners rule. Reached the point where I can keep players in my team for a long time, not having to upgrade because they are top quality, so eventually they are getting the English nationality. Basically a cheap way around paying big time for English players. When I combine that with getting them at the age of 18 and developing them myself, they won't be a foreigner and count towards the European rules for being at the club between 15 and 21 for at least 3 years.

52 minutes ago, XcilPersion said:

How has the brexit been treating all of you? I have been lucky I guess getting the maximum 17 foreigners rule.

Seems like the common standard, to be honest. Don't think I've had one different. The only catch in the lower leagues is the problem in loaning in players who don't meet the £8k wage rule. On the upside, the HGC rule seems to vanish after Brexit.

6 hours ago, smplfc123 said:

Whilst undecided on which EFL club to start with, I decided to start unemployed and holiday until mid-November. Fast forward a month and I was given an early Christmas present, an offer to turn Forest's season around:

Best of luck with Forest, a team I have never managed but probably should have!

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 21:03, Jamesbfc1887 said:

0e369d3b792c5184ca7d663f05b29063ad7990ee

ef8f09d9a819c0ff3bf162b3b2a3391c123a7626

This guy is unbelievable! But maybe I'm starting to win this war of attrition?

It's an interesting side story, but must be distracting. It shouldn't detract from the great work you've done at Accrington, way beyond my ability.

I'm trying to come out of my Definitely Taylor © mode, and appear to have narrowed it down to five. That's three Championship teams, one L1 team and one L2 team.

As my only EFL forays in FM19 have been in L2 with Grimsby and Colchester, I think I'm ready for a Championship club next as I rarely manage that high up. Of the three candidates at that level, one would be a promotion-chasing team that I just want to enjoy managing (and must do before FM20). The other two are re-build projects that hopefully wouldn't be promotion-chasing in year 1 (but not Ipswich as I want to go there in FM20 for my first ever spell managing them).

The favourite at the moment is one where I can put an ethos and restrictions upon myself, which should make it harder to get anywhere fast. So, who wants to name that club in less than 24 guesses? :lol:

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Forest Update

As stated in my previous post, on Christmas Day, I took over a Forest side sitting in 18th position, with 27 points from 23 games and a board wanting us to get away from the relegation zone and in to the safety of mid-table.

I didn't realise how average the Forest squad was, with so many of them on high wages. As it was coming in to the January transfer window, I decided it was time for a bit of a clear out:

image.thumb.png.c1a907eb8c3131268ce99292f9184c49.png

As you can see I managed to offload a few high-earners. Bolton are also paying 40% of Watson's wages for his time there on loan. This gave me some room to bring in the full back cover I needed (As Janko's loan was cut short) with Earl and Sauthier costing me £1.5m for the pair. Both have made the starting positions their own now, which is pleasing. Samu on loan was my only other signing, as I felt we needed some back up in the wide areas. Zac Clough was recalled from his loan to also help give us some attacking options.

Our finances still aren't great mind despite the partial clear out:

image.thumb.png.4a5c6b0ee9079d70eb0e7fca64ba8f1f.png

Our wage bill is still too high, with us sitting 8th in the Championship on that front I believe, so that is something I would need to address should I decide to stay on past the summer. 

So, performances. It's been a mixed bag, with me taking my time to find the best tactic and approach for this squad. Here's how we are doing:

image.thumb.png.6bb756c3b7557e5e341f1bdde9cb9e91.pngimage.thumb.png.b04771b7bbb2b307b5b1d7c975137a5a.png

Too many draws has really hurt a proper run up the table with 4 wins, 9 draws and 4 losses in my 17 games in charge. We've blown a few leads, with us being ahead 3 times in the Clough derby and being 3-1 up away at The Den, with us only going home with a point. 

We have improved though, so i'm happy with that. Now sitting in 14th place and 11 points above the relegation zone with 8 games to go should have guaranteed our safety, with mid-table in our grasp. I think I would like to stay on longer and try and build a new, younger, hungrier squad, but we'll see how the end of the season pans out first. Wish me luck.

17 hours ago, warlock said:

Millwall! :lol:

I'm not sure I'm brave enough to take on their fans, especially if I replaced Lions legend Neil Harris. Joking aside, I really like their fans passion and the atmosphere they create. It's a great club for building a London-only squad, but I've managed them a few times so probably won't be them.

The club I have in mind has a philosophy of promoting from their youth squad (not that it has great pickings) and some other cultural ethos I can put in place on and off the pitch.

@smplfc123 That's a solid start there mate, certainly harder to beat than before you took over. Not too many of those players are worthy of their wage, I agree. But you have the likes of Osborn, Grant and Yates (not to mention Arvin Appiah) who could be very useful HG assets alongside some of the more experienced pros. Good luck.   

Edited by Jogo Bonito

On 12/04/2019 at 21:03, Jamesbfc1887 said:

This guy is unbelievable! But maybe I'm starting to win this war of attrition?

Get him out the door. The guy clearly can't be tamed :p.

16 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I'm trying to come out of my Definitely Taylor © mode

The favourite at the moment is one where I can put an ethos and restrictions upon myself, which should make it harder to get anywhere fast. So, who wants to name that club in less than 24 guesses? :lol:

It's even copyrighted now, wow! This is the biggest accomplishment of my life. :brock: If it isn't Millwall, my guess would be Hull with that frightening ethos created by the "mauled by the tigers" chant. :lol: On a serious note, I'm intrigued who you're going to be managing... I'm sure it will all make sense once it's revealed. I'm trying to piece your clues together but I'm not getting very far... maybe Birmingham?

18 minutes ago, smplfc123 said:

Too many draws has really hurt a proper run up the table with 4 wins, 9 draws and 4 losses in my 17 games in charge. 

We have improved though, so i'm happy with that. Now sitting in 14th place and 11 points above the relegation zone with 8 games to go should have guaranteed our safety, with mid-table in our grasp. I think I would like to stay on longer and try and build a new, younger, hungrier squad, but we'll see how the end of the season pans out first. Wish me luck.

They say a point is better than none! I can imagine it's quite frustrating to not have that edge that allows you to get that extra goal, in order to claim an extra few points here and there. However, you've certainly improved the squad in terms of results and with your business in the window. I would be interested to see you take Forest into the new season if you choose to stay on. Best of luck for the remainder of the season.

Edited by DefinitelyTaylor

3 hours ago, Jamesbfc1887 said:

@Jogo Bonito Is it QPR?

Nope.

3 hours ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

It's even copyrighted now, wow! This is the biggest accomplishment of my life. :brock: If it isn't Millwall, my guess would be Hull with that frightening ethos created by the "mauled by the tigers" chant. :lol: On a serious note, I'm intrigued who you're going to be managing... I'm sure it will all make sense once it's revealed. I'm trying to piece your clues together but I'm not getting very far... maybe Birmingham?

Not Hull or Birmingham either, all will be revealed later :brock:

So Jogo it aint Millwall, QPR, Hull or Birmingham.

I assume it aint Notts Forrest either as someone else has started a save with them.

I don't think it would be Norwich, Leeds, Aston Villa, West Brom, Bristol City, Brentford, Middlesborough, Sheff Utd or Stoke as they would be too easy for you.

So my guess is Swansea or Ipswich, am I right @Jogo Bonito 

I am thinking of starting a new save with Reading.

39 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

So Jogo it aint Millwall, QPR, Hull or Birmingham.

I assume it aint Notts Forrest either as someone else has started a save with them.

I don't think it would be Norwich, Leeds, Aston Villa, West Brom, Bristol City, Brentford, Middlesborough, Sheff Utd or Stoke as they would be too easy for you.

So my guess is Swansea or Ipswich, am I right @Jogo Bonito 

I am thinking of starting a new save with Reading.

You've named all three, but that doesn't mean your categories are quite right. I'll put my first post up once pre-season is completed, whenever that is.

Good luck if you start with Reading. Plenty of work to do there, but the loan players brought in have improved the original squad no end. They also have a great Academy that you can make use of if you have the patience to 'overlook' a first year promotion by playing the youngsters in season one.

I'm currently stuck into a Cambridge save and really enjoying it. Not going overboard with signings and trying to develop what I started with. Went in without starting with a tried and tested tactic, started okay in the first couple of games, then slumped. I lost every game in September and on the brink of the sack in 22nd position! Managed to turn it around and ended up losing in the play-off semis. 2nd season we stormed the league by 20+ points from 2nd place, 111 points in total. Now into League 1 and sitting in the playoffs at the half-way point. Team in a Positive 4-1-4-1DM as follows:

SK(S) - Mark Howard (3rd season free signing)

WB(S) - Bradley Halliday (original)

CD(D) - Charlie Goode (2nd season free signing)

CD(D) - Aaron Pierre (3rd season free signing, broke leg)

WB(S) - Tyler Denton (2nd season loan, 3rd season freebie)

BWM(D) - David Meyler (3rd season freebie, captain)

MEZ(S) - George Maris (original)

BBM(S) - Luke Berry (favourite player of recent times, signed back from Luton for £200k in instalments, HG at club)

W(A) - David Amoo (original)

W(A) - Jevani Brown (original, sold 2nd season to Birmingham for £350k, re-signed on loan and then for £100k in 3rd season)

PF(A) - Macauley Bonne (2nd season signing, 190k in instalments)

Backups - Dimitar Mitov (GK, original), Leon Davies (RB, HG at club), Jordan Norville-Williams (LB, HG at club), Emmanuel Onariase (CB, 2nd season free), Gary Deegan (DM, original), Emmanuel Osadebe (CM, original), Harrison Dunk (LW, original, club icon), Harry Darling (CB, HG at club, broke leg), Josh Gordon (RW/ST, 2nd and 3rd season loanee), Courtney Baker-Richardson (ST, 3rd season freebie) 

17 minutes ago, smp20 said:

I'm currently stuck into a Cambridge save and really enjoying it

Looks like you've found your feet after a tough start. Serious Fraud Office wants a word about that Jevani Brown transfer business :lol:.

Edit: Forgot to add, I'll be restarting my Preston save... played through the first few months of the season and demonstrated, yet again, that I can't get my head around a 4231. Will retry with a 442, occasionally switching to a 4411 to make use of Josh Harrop.

Edited by warlock